Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Nominations from both shows. Great, great stuff both nights.

MOTYC
Okada vs Ospreay
Ibushi vs. Naito
Cobb vs. Shingo
Ibushi vs. Jay White

HM
GoD vs. Dangerous Tekkers
EVIL vs. SANADA
Hiromu vs. Ishimori

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Kota Ibushi, Hiroshi Tanahashi & SHO vs SANADA, Shingo Takagi & Hiromu Takahashi NJPW Road to the New Beginning 25.01

A great match on its own merits and also the perfect hype match for three different championship bouts.

E: Forgot the date.

Nth. Did not see this match coming and was very surprised by how it played out.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Njpw strong 27/2

HM : Ren v Dickinson
HM : mox v kenta

Nth!

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
I'll Nth the HM for Naito/GOK and the MOTYC for Ibushi/Despy

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Lamuella posted:

Dishonorable Mention.

Nth. A truly terrible match that won't be memorable enough to compete for WMOTY. Both guys doing what they do worst.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW New Japan Cup, 14/03

Zack is just incredible holy poo poo

Nth! Great match with the bonus of Ospreay busting up his nose bad and creating some great visuals during ZSJ's submissions.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku April 19th
HM

Tomohiro Ishii vs Yujiro Takahashi
- Ishii is good as always, and Yuj had his working boots on. Good stuff

This was a breath of fresh air after the endless Korakuen tag extravaganzas, real entertaining

I'll Nth this one and also say that the whole card outside of the opener is worth checking out. At least find a gif of the finish to the LIJ/Empire tag.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Filthy Tom Lawlor vs. Brody King in the New Japan Cup USA Final - New Japan Strong 4/23

This was a really, really good match, strong ending to a really good if a little too short tournament. It's the most impressive I've ever seen Lawlor be, and Brody King as a big scary monster is great.

Nth!

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

WMOTYC: Pinnacle vs. Inner Circle, Blood and Guts, 5/5

If it ended with the entire Pinnacle beaten down and MJF being threatened with the fork, it'd have been MOTY for me.

Instead, it uh...didn't, and the last commercial break/everything after it was somehow both as much of a joke as the sparklers AND far more boring.

Nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Road to Dominion June 1st
MOTYC

Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) (c) vs Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr) - IWGP Tag Championship
- All it took for me to care about this feud again was love. Wasn't the best match i've seen this week, but gently caress it. Miho is back and I am happy

I will nth this.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Road to Dominion June 2nd
HM
United Empire (Great-O-Khan and Jeff Cobb) vs Kota Ibushi and Master Wato
- Cobb/Ibushi is going to be loving rad, because all of these preview matches have been loving rad
CHAOS (YOSHI-HASHI, Tomohiro Ishii and Hirooki Goto) (c) vs LIJ (Tetsuya Naito, BUSHI and Sanada) - NEVER 6-Man Championship
- YH and friends continue to make the 6-man belts something I care about after so long of it being a nothing accolade. Real fun match

Nth - the former mostly for the post-match.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Kizuna Road June 16th
HM
Yuya Uemura vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Young Lion Gauntlet Series continues to rule, goddamn I love Uemura. Tana is Tana, he's a shell of his former self and still incredible.
Yota Tsuji vs Kazuchika Okada
- Okada you motherfucker :argh:
Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori, El Phantasmo, Dick Togo, Evil and Yujiro Takahashi) vs CHAOS (Yoshi-Hashi, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, YOH and SHO)
- Elimination tag matches are always a good time, outside of the required Dick fuckery everything was fun, and the right guy won.

I'll Nth these.

Really hope that Okada keeps THAT move in his repetoire going forward.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) vs Bullet Club (EVIL, Dick Togo & Yujiro Takahashi) NJPW Kizuna Road 22.06

OK, gonna be honest with you, there was a lot of questionable poo poo in this match. But on the other hand, BIG TOM STONE PITBULL TOUGH AND HARD.

Nth from me. Dick Togo as Triple H after all those booker rumors had come out was a nice meta touch that brought tension to every near fall.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: YOSHI-HASHI vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan - NJPW Kizuna Road 7/1

Tacos does it again! Shockingly good match, and not just on YOSHI-HASHI's part, Tenzan really put in the work as well.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Satoshi Kojima vs. Hirooki Goto - NJPW Kizuna Road 7/1

Started slow but really built up strong and had a great end. Poor Goto, having to lose to keep the challenging trios in with a chance in the main event.

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yuji Nagata - NJPW Kizuna Road 7/1

Crazy match, borderline MOTYC. They beat THE poo poo out of each other, Nagata's chest got all hosed up from the chops and that was in the EARLY part of the match. Incredible chemistry between these two, the only reason Nagata isn't the smoothest and most scary 50+ year old wrestler around is because Minoru Suzuki exists.

I'll Nth these. Good show with a great build for tomorrow.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
1st July
GLEAT Ver. 1
SHO vs Takanori Ito

Nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Kizuna Road July 2nd
HM
CHAOS (Yoshi-Hashi, Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii) (c) vs NJPW 3rd Generation (Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima) - Never 6-man Championships
- YH continues to drag the best out of Tenzan. All six guys were great here, it was hard hitting and desperate and exhausting and I loved it.

HM
Kota Ibushi vs Yota Tsuji
- Watch this match and believe that miracles can happen

Shingo Takagi vs Yuya Uemura
- Yuya took a beating here at the hands of the champ, but post match with a bloody mouth he still wanted more :allears:

Changed the main event to an HM but agree otherwise.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Summer Struggle July 17th
HM
Rocky Romero vs El Phantasmo
- These guys had great chemistry two years ago, they've got great chemistry now. Ran a bit long for my taste and the ending didn't go over great, but the vast majority of it was very entertaining

Nth - too bad the end got botched.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Veryslightlymad posted:

NJPW Wrestle Grand Slam July 25

HM
Bullet Club(c) (Taiji Ishimori and El Phantasmo) v Mega Coaches
El Desperado(c) v Robbie Eagles

MOTYC
Kazuchika Okada v Jeff Cobb
LIJ (SANADA y Tetsuya Naito)(c) v Dangerous Tekkers
Shingo Takagi(c) v Hiroshi Tanahashi

This was where I had it as well. Incredible show.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: CHAOS (Tomihiro Ishii, Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) vs Suzuki-Gun (Minoru Suzuki & Dangerous Tekkers) NJPW Summer Struggle 01.08

The maddest of New Japan lads just beat the absolute poo poo out of each other and it was glorious. Also MiSu is still the scariest man on the planet.

Nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Bullet Club (Taiji Ishimori & ELP) vs Suzuki-Gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) NJPW Summer Struggle 17.08

Just a great match involving two great teams beating the absolute poo poo out of each other.

I'll Nth this. The Wato/Eagles interactions in the match before it were actually very good as well.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Summer Struggle August 24th
HM
Ryohei Oiwa vs Kosei Futjia
- Probably overrating this, but I'm just so happy we've got a new batch of Young Lions to be generational rivals. Very scrappy and enjoyable

CHAOS (Yoshi-Hashi, Hirooki Goto and Robbie Eagles) vs Suzuki-gun (Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr) and Douki)
- No Ishii, no worries. The lads still put on a banger against the lovely gremlin and his supportive friends. And we got to see Suplex de la Luna for the first time in what feels like forever

I'll nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax Night 1 September 18th
MOTYC
Tetsuya Naito vs Zack Sabre Junior
- These two work so well together, it's always great. Finishing stretch escpecially was absolutely tops

Shingo Takagi vs Tomohiro Ishii
- :sickos:

HM
Yujiro Takahashi vs Kota Ibushi
- Big match Yuj manages to drag Ibushi to a pretty drat entertaining match. Probably his best match since last year's G1 against Switchblade

Toru Yano vs KENTA
- The prematch for this was incredible enough, then the actual match happened. KENTA is such a great comedy guy when he wants to be

G1 still rules, crowd was great and everyone except Tanga Loa was entertaining. And that loving main event :stonk:

Nth. The G1 is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Pylons posted:

G1 Climax 31 9/19

HM: EVIL vs. YOSHI-HASHI
HM: SANADA vs. Tama Tonga
HM: Taichi vs. Hirooki Goto
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Nth!

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax Night 4 Septamber 24th
MOTYC
SANADA vs Taichi
- Just what the G1 needed, an All Japan tribute match. Taichi rules, SANADA was also pretty good.

HM
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Hirooki Goto
- Even when he's jerking the curtain the Ace still gives us a real good match. Kind of a weird finish but I dug it

Tama Tonga vs Chase Owens
- Two Bullet Club guys have a perfectly good clean match. It's actually really refreshing that the lower tier BC guys are putting in such an effort in contrast to Dick Togo's bullshit

Jeff Cobb vs Yoshi-Hashi
- Jeff Cob is a physical marvel, he does things that should not be possible with his size. Yoshi-Hashi continues having the best 18 months of his career and fought his heart out against the absolute unit. I was so invested in this, a great job all round

Kazuchika Okada vs EVIL
- The usual disclaimer for EVIL matches that everything that didn't involve Dick Togo was great, i'm not going to say Okada is back to full power but he's certainly trending in that direction

G1 continues to be real good, with one large Dick shaped exception

I'll Nth all these. If you're skeptical of the EVIL match, you can look forward to Dick Togo taking a truly gnarly bump.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 September 26th
MOTYC
Zack Sabre Jr vs Kota Ibushi
- King of the Shittalkers does it again, I jive with every single thing Zack does. He's a treasure

HM
Shingo Takagi vs Yuji Nagata
- Not bad old man, seems you've still got a bit of fight left

Tomohiro Ishii vs KENTA
- Masterclass in selling from Ishii. A lot of this was KENTA but what Ishii hit he made sure it hit

Nth these as well as Narita/Rosser.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax Night 6
MOTYC
Yoshi-Hashi vs Kazuchika Okada
- One of the longest rivalries in New Japan adds another classic chapter. Nine long years, but it only takes a single evening to turn it all around so loving close YH, you'll get him next time

HM
Chase Owens vs Sanada
- This Chase guy is pretty good

Jeff Cobb vs Hirooki Goto
- BEEEEEEEEFFF. I say it every time, but it's insane how much of a physical marvel Jeff Cobb is, he's strong as hell but moves like a young Brock Lesnar

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tama Tonga
- Tama continues the trend of the BC wastemen being genuinely good

Also not worth a nom, but EVIL/Taichi had the most effective heeling of Togo's run get your loving hands off Miho you son of a bitch :argh:

Nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
MOTYC
ZSJ vs. O-Khan

HM
Ishii vs. Loa
Shingo vs. KENTA

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Motyc: Ishii vs ZSJ, Ibushi vs Shingo Takagi

Ibushi did that match a few months after having a serious lung illness God drat

Nth

G1 Climax 4/10

Motyc : okada v sanada
Motyc : Cobb v taichi
HM : goto v yoshi hashi
HM : chase v tana

Nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax Night 11 October 7th
MOTYC
Tomohiro Ishii vs Great-O-Khan
- Some drat fine beef on display here, Ishii continues to be the G1 machine and GoK matched him every step of the way

HM
KENTA vs Hiromu Takahashi
- KENTA, this is supposed to be your bye day, why didn't you communicate to Hiromu that you guys didn't need to go this hard

Tanga Loa vs Kota Ibushi
- Tanga Loa is GOOD?!? He was certainly the more impressive looking here, his German suplex and Poisonrana were on a whole other level to Ibushi's

Yujiro Takahashi vs Zack Sabre Jr
- Big match Yuj is the best member of House of Torture, you love to see it

Nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax Night 12 October 8th
MOTYC
Kazuchika Okada vs Taichi
- loving ruled, fiery babyface Taichi is a hell of a thing

HM
YOSHI-HASHI vs Tama Tonga
- I would not have believed anyone if they told me 5 years ago that these two would eventually become good and just have a clean, entertaining match. It's great to see

Jeff Cobb vs SANADA
- He's just so strong, Jeff Cobb makes Sanada look like he weighs nothing and it's fabulous

Also Chase/Goto was good, just felt like there was something missing

Nth

King of Sports

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

All from g1 9/10

Motyc: zsj v kenta
Motyc : gok v kota ibushi
Hm: tanga loa v shingo

A very strong night of matches.

I'll Nth these and throw an HM to Ishii/Hiromu

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
10/9 New Japan Stong
MOTYC - Tom Lawlor vs. Ren Narita
HM - Jay White vs. Robbie Eagles

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Jeff Cobb G1 Climax 31 12.10

One hell of a fight between two fantastic competitors. Tana is the best and Cobb is still doing poo poo that nobody should be able to do and he does it effortlessly.

Nth

I'll also HM Y-H/SANADA, Tama/Taichi, and Okada/Chase

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
HM
Ibushi/Kojima
Ishii/Yujiro
O-Khan/Shingo

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax Night 18 October 14th
HM
Yoshi-Hashi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
- A fun, solid battle between two guys already eliminated from the tournament

Jeff Cobb vs EVIL
- Cobb did the timekeeper spot and it was great. In the upper echelon of EVIL's tournament matches with the YH and Tama ones

Tama Tonga vs Kazuchika Okada
- Tama continues to be good, and Okada didn't just run through him like he could have. Very slick with a great finishing sequence

Nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Lamuella posted:

HM: Alex Coughlin versus Chris Dickinson, New Japan Strong October 16

Beefy grapple boys with moustaches. What more can you ask for?

Nth.

I'll also go HM for Ospreay/Karl from the same show.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
I'll Nth the HM for ZSJ/Loa but that's it. I've been high on this G1 but this show didn't do it for me.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax Night 18 October 20th
MOTYC
Jeff Cobb vs Kazuchika Okada

HM
Tama Tonga vs Hirooki Goto
Taichi vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

Nth - Today felt much more like a true block final than Monday.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW G1 Climax Night 19 October 21st
MOTYC
Zack Sabre Jr vs Katsuyori Shibata - UWF Rules Exhibition match
- The action was good if very short, this means so much to me that we got to see him one more time. The best 10 minutes a New Japan fan will have all year

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Seams posted:

HM
26/10, NJPW, Road to Power Struggle, Suzuki-gun vs Robbie Eagles & Tiger Mask, Jnr Heavyweight Tag Title Match

I'll Nth as well.