Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
NOAH Destination 2021

I missed the first half of Harada vs Yoshioka but what I saw was pretty great, I'll try to watch it this weekend and see where it falls between HM and MOTYC for me.

HM
Masa Funaki vs Kenoh

HM
Akiyama & Marufuji vs Kaito and Inamura

MOTYC

Mutoh vs Shiozaki
Good match with ten great last minutes, my love for both dudes seals it for me. I don't think Go could really work his preferred style of match here as Mutoh isn't likely going to stand for being chopped a lot and suplexed a dozen times the way Go's last few challengers were. Instead I thought Go worked a style that was more a callback to the Tenryu vs Mutoh matches, which I've still got a lot of affection for. I also expected very little from Mutoh in this - I wouldn't have been surprised if he didn't even take many bumps- instead I came away from this feeling like he sincerely gave this match everything he has left in him. I can think of much higher profile Muta matches from the mid 90s that he put less effort into than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

TTBF posted:

HM: Super Delfin, Chris Brookes, Maki Itoh vs MAO, Keigo Nakamura, Mirai Maiumi, DDT Kawasaki Strong 2/14

Nth, but I want to go on record as saying Maki Itoh walking face first into the ring post is my favorite spot in the world.

Neodoomium posted:

Best Bros vs Emi/Veny is absolutely a MOTYC vote from me. Holy poo poo.

Nth. This match was so good I got a Choco pro tshirt out of it! Basically I really enjoyed it but my spouse just went totally apeshit for it and wanted to buy a bunch of their merchandise afterwards. Didn't have shirts in their size so got one for me instead along with a mug and that chocolate package where you get signed pictures of the people in the matches.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

MassRafTer posted:

3/3 Stardom All Star Cinderella Anniversary

HM: AZM vs Natsupoi
HM: Nanae Takahashi vs. Momo Watanabe
MOTYC: Mayu Iwatani vs. Yoshiko
MOTYC: Giulia vs. Tam Nakano

Nth to these but I'm going to go MOTYC for Utami Hayashishita vs. Saya Kamitani

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH Great Voyage in Fukuoka March 14th

HM

Kongoh (Kenoh, Nioh and Haoh) vs Kazuyuki Fujita, Nosawa Rongai and Kendo Kashin
- A delightfully entertaining mess
Seiki Yoshioka (c) vs Atsushi Kotoge - GHC Jr Heavyweight Title
- Probably the most i've enjoyed Kotoge since I got back into NOAH. Seiki was a cool kickboy as always
Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Kaito Kiyomiya - GHC Heavyweight Title
- Started good, had some cool moments, then ran 5-10 minutes too long and made me miss the start of the DDT Show which is unforgivable

Nth but want to add from the same show
HM
Shiozaki, Suzuki, Marufuji & Sugiura vs Nakajima, Soya, Kitamiya & Tadasuke

as the nakajima vs Shiozaki stuff along with Kenoh's temper tantrum earlier were the highlight of the entire show for me.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Switchblade Jay White vs. David Finlay in the New Japan Cup Quarterfinals - NJPW New Japan Cup 3/18

Really well put together match that handled a story running through both guys' whole tournament and had a great finish.

nth.

In addition to his in-ring skill, Jay's promo's leading up to the new jay-pan cup and after every match have been extremely high on my list of favorite pro wrestling things in 2021, and the one after this match is no exception too.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH ~ The Glory ~ April 29th
MOTYC
Kazuyuki Fujita (c) vs Takashi Sugiura - GHC National Championship
- Two old men beat the absolute gently caress out of each other

Nth, this was vicious.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Keiji Mutoh (c) vs. Masa Kitamiya for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH The GLORY 2021 (4/29)

It turns out that keeping Mutoh on the mat for a whole match is a way of ensuring a great match out of him because he hasn't lost a stop when he doesn't have to use his knees. Absolutely lovely match.

Nth, Mutoh working this way also made him seem much more explosive when he would get up on his feet to deliver offense.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
3rd May (recorded)/15th May (aired)
AAA TV
Copa Perro Aguayo Jr
Abismo Negro Jr vs Aramis vs El Hijo del Vikingo vs Latigo vs Villano III Jr

This has to be close to the Platonic ideal of the multiman sprint. It's just boom-boom-boom, all killer no filler, ridiculous spot into ridiculous spot into ridiculous spot. Everyone gets to look rad, they all have their role to play here. Someone might deride this as a spotfest but who the gently caress cares when the action is this drat good? Definitely the highest I've been on a non-Japanese match that I've seen this year, just fantastic. I can't stress how much you should watch this

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV19U4y157H9

Nth, this was spectacular.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

forkboy84 posted:

HM
4th MAY
TJPW YES! WONDERLAND 2021
Mizuki vs Shoko Nakajima vs Yuka Sakazaki

Three of the top 5 wrestlers in TJPW go out and do a very fun match, obviously. There's not a lot of TJPW I'm invested in because a lot of it is character over anything else and I'm boring and like in-ring ability too much but these 3 rule.

Thanlis posted:

MOTYC: Guerillas of Destiny (C) vs. Dangerous Tekkers for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Road to Dominion 6/1

Tekkers wrestling their best style of match, ZSJ doing more than face in peril, yep.

Nth to both of these

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

CyberFight Festival June 6th 2021

Kongoh (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya, Nioh, Haoh and Tadasuke vs DDT (Sanshiro Takagi, Akito, Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi, Naomi Yoshimura and Yukio Naya)

37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita and Yuki Ueno) vs Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura

Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Yuka Sakazaki - Princess of Princess Championship

Jun Akiyama (c) vs HARASHIMA - KO-D Openweight Championship

Keiji Mutoh (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji - GHC Heavyweight Championship

These are all MOTYC for me. Got to see Kenoh no sell a Mazinger Rocket Punch, really want more of 37kamina vs Kaito and Inamura, Yuka and Miyu was a blast, and Akiyama vs Harashima really came together for a terrific ending.

Mutoh vs Marufuji I think is my favorite match of Mutoh's NOAH run and one my favorites in recent memory for Marafuji, I liked it in a lot of ways even better than his title challenge against Shiozaki last year.

I even loved the post show promos and dance party. Top to bottom this was the best show so far of 2021 for me.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
Dominion, June 7th 2021

Sadly something came up and only was able to see the first and last few minutes of Cobb vs Ibushi.

HM:
Naito, SANADA & BUSHI) vs Dangerous Tekkers & DOUKI
Desperado vs Yoh

I really enjoyed the tag, especially the ending. Naito and Sanada vs Tekkers is going to be awesome.

MOTYC:
Shingo Vs Okada

Great match and the finish blew my mind. Okada put him over STRONG. This was like when Foley got the belt 23 years or so for the first time, someone who deserved it and by rights should have it but didn't think would ever get it. Difference was that we all knew Foley won a week before the broadcast but in this match right up until that three count I thought for sure Okada was going to kick out and eventually mount a comeback.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

The Taxman posted:

Just watched the show, and although the card was pretty solid, nothing touched

Stardom Dream Cinderella 6/12
MOTYC:Utami Hayashishita v Syuri

What a war. Absolute brutality, guts, and compressed vertebrae.

Nth

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH Muta the WORLD June 27th
MOTYC
Kenoh vs The Great Muta
- This was absolute insanity, more an experience than a match but well worth watching

Nth. I think Kenoh is his best opponent so far in this run. I've enjoyed mutoh's NOAH time so far but it does feel like his opponents are taking it easy on him relative to other people on the roster, either out of respect or concern for his age. While that's not a bad thing, Kenoh seemed to feel the best way to show respect was to kick and stomp him as hard as he would any other opponent. He also didn't try to find a way to fit Muta into a NOAH heavyweight style match like others have, his approach was more Terry Funk than Misawa, especially in his selling. Wonderful match.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi (C) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Grand Slam 7/25

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: LIJ (Tetsuya Naito & SANADA) (C) vs. Dangerous Tekkers for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Wrestle Grand Slam 7/25

Nth to both, when the announcer called 35 minutes into the tag match I briefly emerged from my reverie with the realization I was watching a contemporary classic. Can't wait to hopefully see more of these two teams against each other. I got home literally as Okada vs Cobb ended so didn't get to see the rest.

Also while I'm here forgot to Nth this one a few weeks back:

MOTYC 07/11 | Naomichi Marufuji (C) vs. Takashi Sugiura for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH Cross Over 2021 in Sendai

For me this was the best NOAH match of 2021 so far.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH The War Road December 5th
MOTYC
Kongoh (Katsuhiko Nakajima and Kenoh) vs Kaito Kiyomiya and Go Shiozaki
- This is Go's first match in 9 months, and Kongoh wasted no time in welcoming him back by hitting him as hard as they could. Go's chops are like gunshots, i've missed them so much. Kiyomiya was also here and great, but this was the Go Show

Nth.

GO's BACK BAYBAY!

loved Kaitoh finally getting a solid win again here, especially as I fully expected going into this he would be the one eating the pin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH The New Year January 1st
MOTYC
KENTA and Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba) vs Daiki Inaba and The Tough (Masa Kitamiya and Yoshiki Inamura)
- Kenta is home, nobody is safe. This was a bunch of beefy boys doing beefy poo poo which I love, but then you add Kenta to the mix doing weird Kenta poo poo it raised the enjoyment exponentially, the match absolutely ruled. I actually burst out laughing partway through the match when Kenta casually dodged out the way of Inamura's attack and was lovely about it, so less than a minute later Inamura completely blinsided him with a Pounce that sent him straight flying into the ropes.

Kenoh (c) vs Kaito Kiyomiya - GHC National Championship
- Kiyomiya's career rival once again stiffs the poo poo out of him but the Supernova isn't going down without a fight, he's got that youthful energy to shrug off loving bombs. This was painful to watch, Kenoh's style is so visceral. When he kicks Kaito full speed in the side of the head, we at home feel it.

Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Go Shiozaki - GHC Heavyweight Championship
- They did the loving Misawa/Kobashi suplex bump off the ramp, and that was only a small part of how hosed this match was. Insanity, make time to watch the top half of this show as it was tops

HM
M's Alliance (Keiji Mutoh and Naomichi Marufuji) (c) vs M's Alliance (Masaaki Mochizuki and Masato Tanaka) - GHC Heavyweight Tag Team Championships
- Mutoh was able to catch his breath while the three other guys did some great stuff, so he could come in and do the cool things when it mattered. Good stuff

nth to all these