Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

are the lighter greys more or less polluted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Khanstant posted:

is there a nude mod with full penne yet or is the modding scene dead?

with the power of mods you can build yourself the biggest bennis in all the land.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you can use chisels and bits to add micro-vascularity and the complex curves at the base of the meatus

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ohhhhh MANNNN

i updated GT:NH and couldn't get it to run anymore, so i preserved my saves and reinstalled

i forgot to preserve my journeymap

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Just cheat in an extremely high-tech scanner.

oh i've got it. i had

a lot of space marked out

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

a pretty early quest will also get you one but in GT:NH terms the Sacred Oak is so goddamn big and sprawling that i don't know at what level you're able to effectively harvest it at all

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Got bored and decided to waste some materials making my Pam's Traps hopper into tin pipes and into a chest and...

...is there a Steam Age way to make the hoppers not take out the bait

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

thank block jesus

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I've never hosed with forestry farms either. I dont know what kind of documentation on it I need to see, but i haven't seen it yet

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ewe2 posted:

You have all the information you need, you just don't want to do it yourself. If a partially blind person who's had 2 strokes can manage this, surely someone who wants to build a nuclear reactor but doesn't want to research how to can find a github repository by its name for gently caress's sake.

you could have simply not posted

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's a very good and useful item but boy i wish it wasn't that

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

What's the earliest form of chunkloading for GTNH?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

land on the moon and immediately declare victory. doing the planets is incredibly boring

also just cheat through abyssalcraft

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i don't think Akliz locks you in for any length of time?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

unrelated but you have the worst avatar i've seen on these forums in a long time

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

anyone else having problems getting the Fairy Lights mod stuff to actually display in Hexxit 2?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

colossal chests is really cool but the absolute lack of QoL on it is miserable

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

finally fell into omnifactory and i'm puttering around getting ready to move toward MV

want to maximize my snad sugarcane farm, everything i've looked at that talks about it is just putting redstone conduits right on the snad which i understand just doesn't work anymore

what's the best LV-accessible thing to use to pulse the snad? is it in fact the EU2 redstone clocks i'm using right now?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

to the first bit, it's kinda chunky, but you can pipe stuff into coded ender chests to cross distances and dimensions and hwhatnot

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i wish starting in lost cities didn't remove my ability to go to the regular overworld, especially since as far as i can tell having a regular overworld still lets you go to the lost cities. i haven't really cracked it open in a week because i'm hemming and hawing over whether to restart before i get too much further in

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i simply cheat through any twilight forest combat at this point. i'll do the exploration but gently caress, people are really attached to that unfinished, poorly designed mod

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

just cheat it baby

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Falcon2001 posted:

I think Omnifactory is like 125% of my limit for weird bullshit. I don't hate it or anything, but I got into the tier past HV and went 'oh okay...oh gently caress.' and kind of gave up.

I probably should have started in the void or moved there because boy having to dig new caves all the time is a pain in the rear end, but meh.

are you in overworld or cities

like i moved just to overworld at some point and immediately felt like i was having a better time

then i stalled out but that's because endwalker came out

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

it's a big oversight that you can go to Lost Cities from the Overworld but you can't go to the Overworld if you start in Lost Cities

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

How about you start from the top

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Unrelated, but GTNH had another huge content patch this month, 2.1.2.0. The biggest addition to the pack is Visual Prospecting. If you ever played GTNH, one of the worst parts of the pack was ore prospecting. It required a lot of manual bookmarking and chunk math. No more:

Any time you right click any ore, detect it with the ore finding wand, or run a seismic prospector, the ore is marked on your map. You can manually mark veins as depleted, and double click them to create a temporary waypoint.

this extremely kicks rear end and may get me back in gtnh. i was playing omnifactory for a while, then got terminally distracted, and have been on All The Magic 2 lately

so in terms of the actual packs, drama aside, what's the difference between nomifactory and omnifactory omega aside from nomifactory having a bad name
(and which one is made by fewer nazis)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

sounds like nomifactory it is, then

but if i see a single secret swastika i'm gonna freak it!!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Where's the config thing in GTNH that makes Tinker tools cost more and more to repair over time? Is that even still in?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

In the Nomifactory Discord, I'm seeing the procedure people are using to still launch from MultiMC. I guess you just have to download with Hellworld Launcher and migrate everything over to it. So I guess the trick now is to initially download modpacks from inside a cleanroom VM.

normal video game things to play a video game

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

MonkeyforaHead posted:

MystCraft and AbyssalCraft are both still stuck all the way back on good ol' 1.12.2. So yeah, limited options.

nothing about abyssalcraft is a 'bonus' anything or 'good'

we can leave that one in the dirt, forever

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Eh, I think people gave abyssalcraft too hard of a time. The problem with it isn't even the mod author's fault -- it's sevtech's fault for making it so you have to whittle down abyssalcraft's damage sponges with literal sticks and rocks.

even aside from the insane balance and the worldfucking all the other zones you go to just look outright hideous

it was fun to detonate its omegabomb out in the middle of nowhere though with friends

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i like woot because you have to build a horrible villain-looking monstrosity

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i remember fondly when i could get the urge of 'i want to play MC Eternal on my new computer' and then i could install it and play it

even biting the bullet and using curseforge is throwing errors

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

have there been any new decent packs released recently? i couldn't really find anything browsing around the other day

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

tried out DawnCraft since it was high in the popularity list and i rarely see a pack get up there without something to recommend it

it's a pack focused around getting quests from villagers with no way to see what quests you have and nearly all its mod commands were piled onto the = key by default

i have deleted DawnCraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

for item storage that point is 'instant'

whenever possible i cheat in a creative cell ME system and feel nothing