Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

DariusLikewise posted:

Hot take: Zach Thomas wasn’t very good

Was Zach Thomas the one that lead the team in tackles before he left and when asked the coach said "whoever replaces him will lead the team in tackles too" and he was right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

Character or ability? Is Gase a garbage human being or just a poor head coach?

Porque no los dos?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Who's the least deserving (player) inductee of the last twenty years?

Chris Hanburger
Lynn Swann
Andre Tippett

Take your pick. I'd say Dan Dierdorf just based on how much I loving detested him as a broadcaster, but he doesn't belong there as a player either. Didn't start until his 2nd or 3rd season, made a handful of Pro Bowls, wasn't transcendent as a player in any other way.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd feel worse for Watson except he knew exactly what he was getting into re-signing with Houston.

Name the last franchise QB that didn't re-sign with his team before his rookie contract expired. Kirk Cousins is the only one I could think of.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Drew Brees probably turned out the best if you want to go back that far?

Rookie contract plus one franchise tag year before moving along from the Chargers if I've got the timing correct.

Yeah Brees is probably the purest example of what I was getting at- a QB that let his rookie deal run out, the team wanted to re-sign him and make an offer, and he walked. Cutler is close, though he demanded a trade and got out before his deal expired.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Technically Brees played one year under the franchise tag before leaving San Diego

Yeah and Cousins played two. I don't think there's ever been a pure walk-away scenario, simply from the existence of the franchise tag.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Without the catastrophic shoulder injury, Brees doesn't leave San Diego. It isn't like he wanted to leave

On paper he turned down $50 million from the Chargers to take $60 million from the Saints. The truth is that the Chargers deal was barely any guaranteed money or salary; it was hugely incentivized. They hedged on him so hard he had to leave.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Yes because his shoulder was destroyed.

If that injury doesn't happen, the contract isn't super incentivized. Brees wanted to stay.

Eh, I'm not throwing smoke at the Chargers. The Dolphins lost out on him for the same reason. The Saints gambled and won.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Maybe. Bad teams can have good players though, so I will continue to root for them if thats okay with you.

Archie Manning Syndrome.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I mean, it has to start at at Tua and 2 firsts, right?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

latinotwink1997 posted:

What does being an engineer have to do with it? I’d usually expect people with more science based careers to be more well informed. And as an engineer and chud/tromp hater myself, I resent this association.

I know this is from a while ago but laughing so goddamned hard

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

latinotwink1997 posted:

STEM people generally operate based on proven or strongly evidence based facts and not opinions or word of mouth?

ahahaha stop stop stop cmon

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

latinotwink1997 posted:

First I guess you’d have to prove to me you aren’t wrong at your job for me to take this seriously. And then show that clearly all the poli sci/art/economics/law/etc majors you work with never do this.

This has clearly gone off topic enough. I guess all engineers are chud’s, w/e.

See now I don't believe you're an engineer, because you had the social intelligence to recognize a losing argument

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Every STEMlord ever: I am very good at my advanced version of 2 + 2, good enough in fact that I've been able to prove that (fill in technocratic social idea that is equal parts stupid and horrifying)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Is that his legally blind son?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I just looked it up - kid was blinded and brain damaged when his biological father dropped him.

that is terrible.

Yeah Kurt Warner is one of the rare Jesus freak athletes that walks the walk and goes to the wall for family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'm pretty sure I didn't hear him say "I don't know"