Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
it can only be blessed that I discovered this thread the same day I realized my dispensary allows dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Lovelyn posted:

Good

Did they give the baby treats?

He's picky and turns away in disgust from most dry crunchy treats, but he loves the walks anyway

Beg face!

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

this dog has been taking dumps in, on, and under bushes since I got him, but recently I found a particular bit of landscaping with bushes at JUST the right height for him to plop a deuce into so it vanishes forever. if I take him there he will preferentially use them and it's incredibly convenient

he's used to snow and cold so 90+ sucks, 3 am walks when it's 70 degrees out are the best solution we've found to this bullshit

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

[citation needed], the Serious Dog People I hang with are uniformly unconcerned and these are people who would be absolutely flipping out if presented with compelling evidence cov-2 was a risk to dogs, so that's whose advice I've been rolling with

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Sextro posted:

I dunno if I’d trust the cdc either. But taking more risks out of that distrust doesn’t quite pass the sniff test.

I don't specifically disbelieve the CDC on its face, but they have poo poo the bed repeatedly with their messaging so grain of salt and etc; that link specifically is the same "it can happen but we have no numbers whatsoever" their page about pets has been since the pandemic started. However, some of those non-cdc links have some useful numbers:

quote:

Six of 154 cats (3.9%) and 7 of 156 dogs (4.5%) tested positive for COVID-19, while 31 cats (20.1%) and 23 dogs (14.7%) had coronavirus antibodies. All 11 pets that underwent a second round of tests after another 1 to 3 weeks tested positive for antibodies, and 3 cats still were positive for COVID-19. The animals had no or mild symptoms.

Single digit odds of a pet who LIVES with a positive person also getting it, with all cases being no or mild symptoms

quote:

A team led by veterinarian Dorothee Bienzle of the University of Guelph in Ontario investigated potential COVID infection in 198 cats and 54 dogs. All of the dogs and 48 of the cats came from a household in which at least one person had COVID, and the rest of the cats came from an animal shelter or neuter clinic. The team found that two out of three cats and two out of five dogs whose owners had COVID had antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, indicating they had been infected with the virus at some point, too. But in the shelter group, less than one in 10 cats had these antibodies. And in the neuter clinic, the figure was less than one in 38.

Dogs and cats that came from households in which owners had COVID also often developed symptoms of the disease, Bienzle and her team report. Between 20 and 30 percent of the animals experienced loss of energy and appetite, coughing, diarrhea, runny nose and respiratory problems. The complications were mostly mild and short-term, but they were severe in three cases.

Of course, they don't expand AT ALL on "severe in three cases", fuckers.

The third article is speculative - they think there might be dogs and rats in the sewers with it but they haven't been able to follow up. And the sanitary conditions in an NYC sewer are so incomparable to anywhere you're gonna walk a dog in reality, so it's kinda moot here

The impression all that gives me is that, even in close contact like a pet living with an infected person, it still doesn't seem to go human -> dog at nearly the rate it will sweep through a house full of people. Working backwards from there, being in a store for ten minutes is fuckin fine

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I grind it finer through an old pepper mill I cleaned out, and dump it in chocolate drinks. the bitter and sweet work together surprisingly well. I have no idea what the dosing does but like a tbs of the powder in an 8 oz mug of cocoa is really delicious

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

good pups get treats and loves from the dispensary staff

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Dudes hanging out

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I have never seen an oil cart as low as 60%, what the gently caress

forever grateful that 90%+ carts here in OR are $30 or less these days

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

good

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I notice people suggesting the $60 dynavap alongside $200+ electric units, is it THAT much better than the rest of the herb vapes in the 2-digit price tier? The ones I've tried for $50-70 that ran on batteries have been functional to varied degrees, but not up to the volume desired.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

A non poo poo $60 flower vape can be called whatever it wants, imo

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

It's especially funny to me here in a free state; the handful of companies that insist on dying on that hill are the ones getting hosed the hardest by "nobody wants to work!!!1" currently. A trucking company near me (who is stuck testing, due to federal laws) keeps raising their base pay, but no one cares; $30 an hour you can't spend on weed is less useful than $11 that you can, so people look elsewhere. (I offered to do it for $50/hr and haven't heard back, lol)

The same laws apply to school bus drivers, except the districts can't/won't raise pay to match, so they're looking at numbers like 50 applicants for 80 open bus routes at the start of the school year

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The other day I went far enough in the cart process to see what they charged for shipping on a dynavap; today they sent me a coupon code for free shipping, and it worked for ALL the shipping speeds. 11/10 good customer service

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i also thought the taste thing was bullshit, but its actually really noticeable if you use an herb vaporizer at the right temp. 'terps' are real, at least in terms of taste. i dunno about actual psychoactive effects from them specifically tho

What is the "right" temp? The few strains that have given me anything, have been one or two actually nice-tasting huffs followed by the same acceptable-but-indistinct taste as everything else, at every notch in the heat range of my pulsar

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My m finally got here! First impressions are that it's a lot of work to rip a tiny amount of biomass, but it does WORK. Is this a matter of getting better at operating it or what? The included instructions are less than comprehensive

Javid has issued a correction as of 13:50 on Oct 5, 2021

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Mostly blind dog, whenever I take anything out of the hoodie pocket that holds the treats:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Definitely more. I put that much in a single drink when I'm doing that

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

The Demilich posted:

I've discovered that the Dynavap with low temp cap attached to a bong is where it's at in terms of consistency.

On its own, I've found the dynavaps first hit was always hot and flavorful, but had no cloud density. I tend to get clouds of varying density on the 2nd through 4th hits though using a single torch. After that I find it's better to pack a fresh bowl.

With the rubber attachment and the bong I can get clouds right off the bat though. The downside to the bong though is that the flavor of the first hit is basically gone, and the first hit is really the only time I get real flavor from my flower.

I guess the sweet spot for trying new strains will be to taste it with the dynavap straight, then use water filtration afterwards.

I have experimented similarly and concluded that I don't get it. I have no issues flogging a bowl completely out directly from the device itself; introducing the bong just makes my nice flavorful hits the taste and temperature of tap water, which is actively worse in every possible way than even the last, gnarliest hit from a nearly dry bowl.

e: my takeaway here is that either I'm more tolerant of the vapor than average, or I'm possibly still using the device suboptimally - I see dudes on reddit or whatever ripping ridiculous clouds out of the things that eclipse anything I have accomplished with mine, so clearly I know less than everything still

Javid has issued a correction as of 06:59 on Oct 28, 2021

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

the very phrase "stem milk" fills me with disgust.

the dynavap condenser is really nice for this purpose, all the goop accumulates in a metal tube you can just heat up to melt it and drip it onto a fresh bowl or whatever. Or you can just annihilate it with a pipe cleaner if you don't want to be bothered.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I did the coconut oil extraction on a jar of AVB and it tastes & smells like a combination of burnt coffee and used fryer grease. Never again, at least mixed into hot cocoa it tastes good

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

skooma512 posted:

did it actually work though?

I have a lot of AVB, but im afraid of processing it into edibles because I feel like it’s a prank to get me to eat this poo poo and I won’t get high. My v-tower vape already makes me feel like I’ve been duped

The results were so absolutely disgusting that I haven't been willing to put them into anything. So effectively, no, I guess.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Roaches make great dynavap speedloaders if you're inclined

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

seems like cbd hemp would work identically for that purpose. an overpriced 8th in a ~cbd shop~ is like $15, but those are basically convenience samples with the url of the grower on them, who will ship you an ounce for $40. and I bet a cbd roach from a thc joint would be pretty close to a 1:1 dab, shiiiit this is giving me ideas

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

thc is Very Bad for dogs so definitely don't. cbd is fine.

idk about cats I think they're down to party

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

why would I give my dog my drugs, he's already having a better time than me. I want my brain to gimme whatever chemicals his brain makes when he gets to run around at full speed :argh:

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

maybe it has something to do with the bdsm harness

that's a pullin' harness.

some etsy seller agrees with you though, god dammit internet

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

i decided to google it and your dog gets way higher than you according to animalpoisons.com.au so please dose responsibly or they'll green out

helpfully, thanks to the same mechanisms, cbd (which is safe) is extremely effective for chilling them out if that's the goal

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Where is here? Cbd hemp flower is legal in the us now and stupid cheap.

E: oops, .au explains a lot. I dunno, good luck

Javid has issued a correction as of 13:32 on Aug 22, 2022

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Adbot