Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I'll mostly defer to everyone else on settings cuz I haven't played fantasy basketball in a long time and was never good at it, but I will thumbs up the decision to cut down on negative scoring because in my experience it always felt like more of a punishment for having guys playing at all rather than having guys that suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
almost found myself going Embiid & Harden at the turn but wouldn't have been able to look at myself in the mirror

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
midway through the previous round: I'm hoping for Bam and Booker

two picks before my picks: I might actually get Bam and Booker

now: I've always loved the Philadelphia 76ers

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Rick posted:

I will happily continue to adjust my roster long after everyone else forgets and still lose.

This was always my tactic

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I don't really have a problem with streaming but the league's pretty casual and I think the way the rules are currently set is probably fine. Not that I can speak for everyone but I mostly just want an alternative basketball focus when the Mavs play like they did tonight, I'm not really looking to scroll through injury reports every day trying to find a way to squeeze 15 points out of a SG spot starter

If someone is looking to do that though I won't fight it

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

EmotionlessThug posted:

Squeaked in with the win and all it cost me was a secret multimillion-dollar lobbying campaign in which I convinced the NBA to rejigger Washington's schedule thus forcing the postponement of today's scheduled Blazers-Hornets game so that I would not have to face Dame Lillard

You'll be hearing from my lawyer

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I refuse to be razzed by Pop Dog for not getting sentimentally attached to one night injury fill-in Kyle Kuzma

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
i'm not asking him to do too much. he got to showcase for any other owner in the future that might have a free spot and a phone notification saying "Anthony Davis ruled out." at the end of the year, when kelly oubre and buddy hield are lifting the trophy, having combined with another random pick-up to equal 1.2 lebrons, he'll be able to watch and know that he was technically on the team for 24 hours too, and approximately .4 of a lebron

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
"Trust The Process" - Eric bledsoe

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
My team was inspired by Kuzma and his professionalism and understanding in the face of adversity (ruthlessly cut within 24 hours)

It was fun making up a 200 point deficit but the downside to leaning so heavy on the philly guys is when they only play on saturday and your opponent has a bunch of people playing FRI/SUN and the matchup is really close..... gonna need some really Oubre + Kuzma = Lebron style arithmetic out of, yknow, the Pelican backcourt or something. OR Dame has to light the Mavs up so badly they contract the franchise, which is possible.

I'm happy with how my team's holding up though, I was banking a lot on the possibilities of post-Harden Christian Wood and his ankle turned to dust like the instant I drafted him

One of us has to lose though. In the interest of fairness I think it should be Pop Dog

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I betrayed Kyle Kuzma and have been punished accordingly

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Probably shouldn't count my chickens on Friday afternoon but after a couple of tough break losses I have apparently caught the biggest break, which is freak weather making sure Luka Doncic doesn't play at all this week

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
my injured guys were just starting to make their way back so Embiid decided to balance the universe and hurt his leg

but i don't even care, i'm finally gonna crack .500

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Here's a question, is the current playoff format final?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Rick posted:

It's not, I just kind of set it without thinking much about it.

Yeah, no worries. I'd like to formally submit to the commissioner's office cutting the playoff teams to 4 or 6

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

The Maestro posted:

Yea you should be scared of my late season comeback. CJ is gonna smoke the Pels tomorrow, 40pts in 20 mins book it.

Your record is honestly kinda incredible. I felt bad when I lost a matchup by four but that's just like your life

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
My fun/not fun status hinges on if I can successfully derail this unbeaten season so I'll let you guys know how I'm feeling Sunday night

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I lost this matchup by four first time 'round, and I entered today trailing by 4. Most of my studs are off/injured so I don't think I'm gonna pull off the upset but I caught a break with Trae sitting so maybe if Dame goes off and my tall stiffs grab a bunch of rebounds...

My main takeaway though is we're all fuckin stupid for letting Russ fall to pick 40 lol, it's been incredible watching him 80 on me every other night while I watch Ben Simmons put up 40-year-old J-Kidd style statlines

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dutchy posted:

I lost this matchup by four first time 'round, and I entered today trailing by 4. Most of my studs are off/injured so I don't think I'm gonna pull off the upset but I caught a break with Trae sitting so maybe if Dame goes off and my tall stiffs grab a bunch of rebounds...

My main takeaway though is we're all fuckin stupid for letting Russ fall to pick 40 lol, it's been incredible watching him 80 on me every other night while I watch Ben Simmons put up 40-year-old J-Kidd style statlines

update: Dame scored 12 points. Welp

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Rick posted:

I kind of like watching these four teams battle personally this week, what do you all think? Next season do we stay like this or maybe eliminate the last two teams? Or tighten it up even more?

I'm a Small Playoffs Guy so I'd wanna see 4 or 6 but I'll go with what the group likes and find a way to finish 5th every year no matter what

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Down ~90 points, my opponent is finished, and all I have left is Kelly Oubre and Buddy Hield. One of these guys is gonna give me 30 w/ 5 3PM and the other will score 2 and I'll lost the matchup by 10

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Just thankful I had the presence of mind to wake up at 2 PM and add Davis Bertans and Oshae Brissett, whom I've known all year were the guys my season would pivot on

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
^I've thought about this the last couple of days and concluded I have no opinion

Nicest thing I can say about my third crack at ruining the unbeaten season is that at least Westbrook and Jokic aren't playing on Sunday

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

lol i accidentally forgot to set my lineups on the last day of a playoff game. looks like i was gonna get creamed anyway but i almost had a neat lebron led comeback i guess. was super fun i would love to do it again next year

Yeah I'm in next year for sure, looking forward to a full season/not starting midway through/holding Dejan's loved ones hostage so he drafts people and sets his lineup, etc

Drafting Ben Simmons over Russell Westbrook will go down as the biggest mistake of my life. Should've held firm to my principles and never trusted a Sixer, let alone two

Also I probably should've been smarter with my last day micromanagement and realized Rick Carlisle calling Tim Hardaway "our ironman" meant he was about to get rested but I knew I wouldn't be home when injury reports came out and had to do something down ~200

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
His worst fantasy game since the start of April netted 54 points, and that's the only one under 65. Insane.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Congrats to our champion. Seems like just yesterday you beat me by four points

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Yeah, really looking forward to a full season, not drafting after opening night, etc.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I'm on a posting break but fully intend to try really hard to come in third place or something

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Completely fine with expanding, re-aligning divisions, adjusting playoff structure, whatever. Last year was fun but I echo the opinion that the whole year was weird, we started late, etc. so I'm not married to anything exactly as it was last year (though given we've picked keepers I'd be opposed to dramatically overhauling the scoring system or something, not that anyone's proposed that)

I'm not gonna go down swinging for this opinion but IMO you don't really need to do any special draft compensation for new players, a one keeper league doesn't necessarily spell the lasting doom of a dynasty or multi-keeper league would be and entering right now I don't think is all that much worse than picking 9th or something in the first place. Assuming they pick in the first after the keeper "picks" and then start the 2nd round, it's not getting to draft Jokic or Doncic but you can build a perfectly competitive core in those spots

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I probably just worded it in a more confusing way than it needed to be, I'm off my posting game. Basically I'm just assuming any new team is picking twice before any established team makes a new pick and when I say "no draft compensation needed" it's because I think that's already fine.

I think I phrased it that way because an old football league I was in handled expansion with a "keeper round" where it was a snake draft that started 1 thru whatever with the keeper "picks," then the new teams picked, then the new teams led off the 2nd round and then the old teams made their 2nd round picks and things proceeded as usual. i don't actually know if that's possible to do on FF but it's not actually that important if it is, it's just my frame of reference. It's also not important to adhere to my understanding of how to expand a league from a football league that died a decade+ ago lol

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Works for me

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
ditto

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Really looking forward to a full season of adding and dropping Kyle Kuzma, at least until Kuzma superfan Pop Dog scoops him up for good

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I just accepted a trade for my current pick but now it's under 24 hour review, any way to force it through so we're not all waiting another day? Can't imagine anyone would wanna veto it

e: :cheers:

Dutchy fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 26, 2021

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Rick posted:

A) I think NAW is going to go nuts this year. I'm not 100% sure I even needed to draft him . . . . but I think Zion might not be the first or second option as the season starts and he plays his way back into shape especially if they do the weird minutes thing.

NAW was definitely on my short list when you grabbed him.

1) Keldon Johnson. Just a carbon copy of last year would be fine (#88 in scoring last year, #100 off the board counting keepers) but with DeRozan gone and Pop talking about playing with pace and all that, I think 15-18 PPG and 7 or 8 RPG are in reach. HM to Isaac Okoro, who could outperform pick #159 (inc. keepers) by several rounds OR get cut by Thanksgiving

2) Hard to disagree with THJ but I also really really really love Dejounte Murray at 5.1 and feel like a total idiot for letting it happen. Also gonna agree with Portis in Round 10 being a good get

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Last year everyone made the playoffs but I'm not sure if that's something we were committed to. I brought up wanting to shrink the playoff field but kinda dropped it because I felt silly advocating for such a fundamental change halfway thru the season.

FWIW I would still like to trim it. Maybe like 7 teams with the #1 seed getting a bye or something?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
"Lotta injury risk in my frontcourt. Better add Blake Griffin" - me, future league champion

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Yeah I'm looking forward to a full proper season of putting Joel Embiid on IR, thanks guys. Good luck to everyone except my opponents

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Season 6, Episode 13, more details at southpark.fandom.com for those so inclined but needless to say: Eric Cartman is VERY relevant here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Chronicles posted:

How do you add players to the taxi squad?

gotta be a rookie, then it's just a position like any other