Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what role you thinking of rolling?
Rockerboy
Solo
Netrunner
Tech
Media
Lawman
Exec
Fixer
Nomad
Medtech
View Results

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah, i'd have it he can call backup from his gang. Same as player characters calling in backup from their gang, or from their platoon, or their corp, or whatever.

In fact I saw this vid where he uses the lawman's reinforcements to super quickly generate npcs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH9S5GWKr1g

seems like a pretty good way to do it, maybe better than using the pregenerated npc templates the book gives you. Fusing all the stats and skills into a combat number makes sense for characters who are pretty much random goons. If one of them rolls crazy or does something cool enough to get a name and become a permanent character you can roll them up for real in between sessions or whatever.

One thing that's neat about the max rank backup is they're pretty much actual edgerunners directly out of chargen, except for a shitload of extra skills.

What's some good music? Yeah stuff from 2077 but i sorta feel like red should be a little more different, bleaker. Not totally in death cult mode tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx89dInRiXchttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JqVLrGkxoEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFFa440Mo0Ihttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P8BdNnuA4Mhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwKwBNxFd-ohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgWa7NoJGWchttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0LZ20ppkNohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2elSNrRxushttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDJ7GIqpNV0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4YwhhW_Jwchttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppQPw-iUgkUhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_2EvMzhDc

E; crap that was kind of a lot of youtubes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

Thanks, desktop night mode extension, for automatically unhiding spoilers due to weird UI interactions. Thankfully I don't plan to play 2077 anyway so that's no big deal.

You hit that spoiler a couple of hours into 2077 anyway so no big loss.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Spent about 3-4 hours last night building a cool Rockerboy. Haven’t finalized my skills or equipment yet but having an awesome time rolling all my life paths and slowly being able to go “oh that lines up with this, so these life paths are obviously connected” and watching my character grow out of nothing was really cool, compared to other character generations at least.

Please don’t laugh at my silly OC character (du not steel) but I’m making a speakerboi, aka a dubstep//trap DJ rockerboy. He’s involved in the underground drug and music scene and wants to be the king of bass music in the city.

My dream is to find or develop cyberware that lets me convert my body into a living sound system and use subsonic bass frequencies for hypnosis or combat maybe. I also want to kinda of become a tank, like not worry about dealing any damage, but I want armor and unbreakable bones and fireproof skin and regenerating organs and wolverine healing boosters.

Basically I just want to be an unstoppable dubstep song that nobody can kill and never stops bumpin.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 13, 2021

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Hmm, audio vox, that amplifier that has a couple inputs... You can wire all that together some kinda way. Store a shitload of samples and beats in your agent...

There's an exotic handgun that does some kinda sound damage, there's implantable frames, all the basics of this are there, if I was GM I'd let you put this together over a campaign if you could make it sound plausible and not go psycho.

Hell I'd write a job where you steal a prototype program thing to emit brainwaves in certain scenarios. Get two cyberarms, but instead of shoulder cams it's bigass speakers.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Hell I'd write a job where you steal a prototype program thing to emit brainwaves in certain scenarios. Get two cyberarms, but instead of shoulder cams it's bigass speakers.

Suda51 got your back.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
yeah I think I can manage that. I figured as a musician I would need a very high empathy score in order to most effectively gauge crowd reaction to my jams and switch up the tempo appropriately, so hopefully that would give me enough humanity to not lose my mind as I convert myself into a into a soundboard.

I’ve never played anything like this before, so I have no idea what use I would be to my party, that’s why I wanted to make myself super beefy. I put 8’s in Will, Body, and Tech because I wanted to be able to stand up to anything, and because I didn’t know how inventing cyberware or developing new upgrades worked, but I figure I would be good at computers from years of learning different audio production programs.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

what the gently caress, gruesome. Those arms are sweet though.

Bust Rodd posted:

yeah I think I can manage that. I figured as a musician I would need a very high empathy score in order to most effectively gauge crowd reaction to my jams and switch up the tempo appropriately, so hopefully that would give me enough humanity to not lose my mind as I convert myself into a into a soundboard.

I’ve never played anything like this before, so I have no idea what use I would be to my party, that’s why I wanted to make myself super beefy. I put 8’s in Will, Body, and Tech because I wanted to be able to stand up to anything, and because I didn’t know how inventing cyberware or developing new upgrades worked, but I figure I would be good at computers from years of learning different audio production programs.

you'd actually have to multiclass if you want to be able to invent anything by yourself, at least if you wanna keep Charismatic Impact. There's not really anything stopping you from being a Tech who is heavily into music and can play incredibly well or anything like that, so you could make a tech and switch over when you have enough to buy the role skill, or you could make a rocker and figure out a different method to get this stuff installed (have a tech in the party do it, pay an npc, etc)

Corebook posted:

You can't start off taking on two Roles at once. Much in the same way that people in the real world have to throw themselves into a career just to make it work, your Role is just that—a full time career. It's going to take everything you have just to make it in one area of The Street, so don't get cocky, punk.

That being said, there's nothing stopping you from starting one Role "career" and then swapping to another one. In real life, people do that all the time. In the Time of the Red, you can change Roles anytime you have completed at least 4 Ranks in your previous Role by buying Rank 1 in the new Role with Improvement Points. You then start the new Role at Rank 1, just mastering the intricacies of your new career. When you switch, you'll be locked from multiclassing again until your latest Role is at least Rank 4.

Meanwhile, you can also continue increasing the Rank of your previous Role, and you retain all features granted by it, but to The Street you will now be seen as your new Role as you concentrate on mastering the ropes.

As far as creating new tech, there's 4 things Techs can do that nobody else can.
    When you level up your role skill you get to increase 2 of these options by 1:
  • Field Expertise lets them fix stuff temporarily just out in the wild. They also add this expertise to any tech check they make that isn't related to special abilities.
    So like they can use this to patch over a tire right now like a quickfix that lasts a few minutes, and then later on use this same ability to put a new wheel on the broken car better than someone who has the same car repair skill.
  • Upgrade permanently improves an item in one of a few ways. You also use the associated skill, so if you wanna improve a gun you need to use weaponstech.
  • Fabrication lets you convert eddies (that you use to buy parts) or just whatever parts you have into working objects that are already defined. If you want to make a gun out of gun parts you use weaponstech again.
  • Invention lets you combine multiple items into one item, or just make up whatever item you think of. The example is a guitar flamethrower like from fury road. This only gives the schematics, not the item. The skill that would repair the thing is also the skill to design a similar thing.

So if you wanted to invent the guy from the vid's cyberarms the way it would work i think would be like this:
Buy arm. Now you need the speaker array module.

The portable amp + a shrieker i think would make this work and the roll would be something like
[Tech stat + cybertech skill + invention expertise rank + d10] vs [DV21] = 1 week of design time to produce a schematic
[Tech stat + cybertech skill + invention expertise rank + d10] vs [DV21] = 1 week of build time to produce the module.
The GM would give the real DVs and parts costs and stuff like that, there's guidance in the book. Increasing the complexity makes it take longer and require more or better parts. If you botch the roll you just lose the time, not parts or anything. The GM also would help figure out how many cyberware slots it takes, etc.

Or you could find an pay an NPC to do this work for you.

Another way to do this would just be buy the arm, buy a popup gun cyberware, buy a screamer, buy a subdermal pocket cyberware, and buy a portable amp to shove in the arm compartment. If I was GMing this I'd let you shove all that poo poo into your arm slots no problem. It all connects to each other and the agent or your audiovox or whatever, it's fine. But I'd also make the call that it's all wired together great, looks cool af, everything's perfect, but since it's not one singular cybernetics piece that you add in, it takes 3 slots to do it per arm, and you have to buy all that individual stuff. Still enough space for em shielding at least!

"Technically" the internal compartment is a body mod but it's stupid to not let that be in an arm or leg slot. Also I'd call it that if you wanna shot big bullet like in the vid you need to be installing grenade launchers or w/e.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dawgstar posted:

RTG's said that the Backup part of Lawman doesn't need to explicitly be police. It's just a pack of folks you can call on.

I'm laughing at the concept of a character that calls an especially well armed neighborhood watch.

Ride of the Karens

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

I'm laughing at the concept of a character that calls an especially well armed neighborhood watch.

Ride of the Karens

Imagine a gig economy citizen's arrest app. Make the call and you get whoever is within 10 minutes ride with whatever gear they have on hand.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

ThreeStep posted:

Imagine a gig economy citizen's arrest app. Make the call and you get whoever is within 10 minutes ride with whatever gear they have on hand.

This is fully realized and plays heavily into the plot of Westworld Season 3

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

DeathSandwich posted:

Ride of the Karens

Aight, if I ever take part in a pure(r) pink mohawk game it looks like I have an idea for a character. (Boarding action on a "derelict" but very much active SovOil ship as our first job probably puts us in that territory, but as usual I'm unable to not play the straight guy. Come to think of it, my group does a lot of boarding actions in any system..)
Ah well, I'll put it in backup slot 3.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I would subscribe to the neighborhood watch service, but a ten minute arrival is probably gonna be somebody showing up to an already-finished bloodbath. In the game too.

Thought of a hook.

The crew is out in the wilderness for whatever reason, probably some important gig or crime or pressing life and death scenario, and they run into an old crash site. Already been picked over by scavengers, but if they investigate anyway they can bust open a rusted hatch and find a bunch of fried old electronics panels... and a ruined space suit. Inside's a body with a bunch of cybernetics, all of which are broken, but some is reparable. Other than that they can get an ok few €$ of random scrap and one broken spaceplane part.

There's a chipware socket and if they fix it, or if they pass a perception check, they'll realize there's a chip that somehow survived reentry! If they investigate the chip instead just immediately slotting it in it'll prove to be skillware, but it's strangely made and there's no way to know what skills it has without decompiling the whole thing and rebuilding them all on separate chips -- this would break the pilot's chip in the process, would need a stack of blank chips, and if the crew decides to to it it will take an unusually long time. There's def more than one skill in there, it's gotta be a custom job. It'd be worth a lot more more as-is, but nobody's gonna buy if you don't know what you're selling.
    The skills are:
  • Endurance
  • Science: Orbital Mechanics
  • Pilot Air Vehicle
  • Local Expert: Galileo Cylinder
  • Language: roll a d10 for one of Arabic, English, French, Hausa, Lingala, Oromo, Portuguese, Swahili, Twi, or Yoruba.
If someone slots this in and already has any of these at 1 or higher, they don't get any boost to that skill. If they decompile the chip they're left with individual low quality versions of those skillware chips. The market versions would be worth 500 a pop (1k for pilot), but these only give rank 1 instead of the usual rank 3. The original chip could still be very valuable to the right person.

Low skills or not, that's a lot of skills crammed into one chip, and there's one more. The sixth "skill" engram is a partial personality construct. It's the pilot, it knows it's a pseudo AI, and it knows the real pilot is dead, even if you wake it up nowhere near the crash site. It knows a lot about the pilot, but it doesn't know how it was created. Even though it knows the real pilot is dead and that it's a construct noticeably less adaptable and useful than an everyday agent, it still believes it's her. It prefers to speak in the pilot's birth language and doesn't like earth's streetslang, but it knows enough to get by. It's got a thick Highrider accent when speaking slang.

There's a few wrinkles and it could be the start of a decent set of jobs... or terrible financial crimes. But it's not gonna end up anything like 2077.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DeathSandwich posted:

Ride of the Karens

"Second Amendment won't give me the discount just because the coupon is expired, yah. Let's all go down there and give them a piece of our mind!"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
somebody made a setup for tabletop simulator

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

somebody made a setup for tabletop simulator

Beautiful. I'd hate to actually play an RPG over TTS, only really see its value for board games or wargames, but that looks well done.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
one plus is you could actually piss everyone off irl by flipping the table and throwing the pieces all over the place

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Say what you will about the Bozos as a murderous clown booster gang, but they respect gender identities as evidenced by Bozo the Ripper-Offer of Arms using them/they pronouns.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

"Raid on the FSO Pumpernickel" part 2 today, or: "racks pistol 'ship's haunted'". After last week's boatjack from REO Meatwagon, we actually made it out to sea and found the Pumpernickel intact, floating, and very much shooting at things including us. Survived and managed to board, though pretty sure REO isn't getting that little bost back; started booting systems back up with a combination of "very competent technician" and "literally the only person in the group who can read Russian, mostly", found a weirdly well maintained camera and a small swarm of kill drones, started piecing together what the hell happened 20 years ago... poorly, granted. Ship is definitely not under our control and the bridge control consoles were all rigged with servos and switches so even the analog computer lockouts could be automated (and we found a severed skeletal hand in one of the hardware boxes where that could have been disconnected), so our current task of "get the engines running again" is likely to culminate in disaster for someone. Also the ship is apparently "parked" over some huge indistinct radar signature which is REALLY promising. Next week we try to get the ship running and hold off the maybe-cops coming to claim the thing.

Overall feelings two sessions in: there are weird oversights and quirks in the rules for RED but for the most part it works. Combat isn't incredibly impressive yet, but coming from Eclipse Phase so that's nothing new. Our campaign structures tend to make things go weird compared to the intended play method so no matter what we'll be off balance a bit.

I do feel like we're missing out a bit by having no Netrunner, and I am concerned that despite our game plan being the rockergirl's idea she's not exactly getting a ton of mileage at sea yet (coupled with being our newest player in an established group I'm naturally worried about being exclusionary through extant group dynamics).

Also, our GM seriously went pretty hard on these maps for having done them in a program never meant for cyberpunk on a day or two notice for some of the first deck maps.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
awesome, the hand is a gruesome af little detail, just brutal. It'd be cool to find out what that sig might be, i'm gonna guess prewar habitat, & they use the ship as some kind of staging / storage / automated defense zone. Maybe it's something like that and in that case the rocker could be pretty useful, at least as a smooth talker. If not simply drive the boat directly over the cops bing bang boom problem solved.

Red Sky City updated again and somehow it looks like their uploads got assed up because the back half of the last ep and the front half of this ep are both missing.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

awesome, the hand is a gruesome af little detail, just brutal. It'd be cool to find out what that sig might be, i'm gonna guess prewar habitat, & they use the ship as some kind of staging / storage / automated defense zone. Maybe it's something like that and in that case the rocker could be pretty useful, at least as a smooth talker. If not simply drive the boat directly over the cops bing bang boom problem solved.

Red Sky City updated again and somehow it looks like their uploads got assed up because the back half of the last ep and the front half of this ep are both missing.

Yeah, my money is on one of the old Sov undersea outposts. Ship's navigation chart and what we were able to pin together has the ship on an emergency run to the nearest friendly shore facility before "things" happened, and this ship appears to have been an automation test bed (logs of gradually reduced crew complements and adjustments/experiments with the new robots), so my personal guess is that when things went wrong the automated system took over for the closest safe harbor, coastal or not. Does not make the sight of mechanical keyboards tapping on their own and rapid-fire windows and prompts flashing up and getting activated any more of a comforting sight. Especially since the haunted ship is very much armed and tried to kill us once already.

We have at least confirmed that this is not a Soulkiller ghost OOC, which is a tiny bit of peace of mind. (came up as an extended joke while we were wrapping up)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
So I crunched the numbers, and it's entirely possible to roll a character who's already over the limit and 100% cyberpsycho.

If you build a complete char, and get 8 empathy, and sell out during creation to get the bonus cyberware, and spend almost all of your starter money on it, you can still easily get substantially more than the fatal 81 humanity loss that pushes you into being an NPC. This is the pretty much dying in character creation.

So if you want to get extraordinarily chromed you better get rich and use that money to get some drat therapy. Now that I looked at the actual losses my all-chrome only-chrome gimmick char is going to be harder to balance.

E: I was able to swap things around some until I got above negative humanity while being pretty similar. If I put this character together right, then they're an absolute monster with completely insane drawbacks, such as TECH at 1 and effective EMP at 0. If they somehow spent tens of thousands on therapy they could potentially get back to like EMP 5.

A real hammer looking for nails.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 17, 2021

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

So how much of a difference does the full customization version of character creation actually result in in terms of character effectiveness?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Idk. I'd say it mostly depends on the GM, the campaign, and what you're trying to do. You can't start with a degree in mechatronics using the templates, or know how to ride horses or sculpt.

You also can't start with things like kung fu using any other method. The character i made is 100% banking on that being a really powerful skill, but not having any kind of ranged attack and completely relying on speed and high movement could be a risky strat.

The kinds of things you can do with martial arts seem completely insane. Just grab guns out of people's hands, as a bonus action. Cause spinal injury as a bonus action. Anything that knocks you on the ground you can instantly just get up. Tear people's armor off. If someone grabs you you can break their arm and get out.

You can't do all of that at once unless you pretty much sink literally all your starting skill points into martial arts only, but it seems like it could be worthwhile to at least pick a couple techniques.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Today in RED: cutting a business deal with the specter of communism at sea.
The SovOil ghost ship was an automated test bed whose control computer, SPECTER, was fed banned literature as an unintentional part of its "learning" and ended up directing a mutiny/"worker takeover". We found the officer corpses in very bad shape. Now we have to get it off the ship.
Having a good time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey gang, my friend and I have decided that rather than risk getting a group of people together or struggling with online tabletop systems, we’re gonna try something a little different.

We’re gonna do a tandem campaign. We’re gonna just run solo adventures for each other, trading off GM and PC each session.

Our plan is to roll our starting characters, and then design and populate an area of the city to play in, and eventually tie both of our characters narratives together somehow.

I’m a rockerboy who needs real sophisticated tech to follow his dreams of transhumanism, and he’s a techie who absolutely hates everyone... but happens to love my music, and always comes into town from the outskirts for my shows.

I was wondering if any of you have tried something like this before, or if you had any tips for us. We’re both really interested in weekly regular sessions and don’t wanna put up with juggling multiple sessions and only getting to play once a month due to cancellations.

What’s the best way to design or populate encounters for 1 PC? Would it be better to have additional NPC buddies for the first mission or two while we’re brand new babies?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SkyeAuroline posted:

Today in RED: cutting a business deal with the specter of communism at sea.
The SovOil ghost ship was an automated test bed whose control computer, SPECTER, was fed banned literature as an unintentional part of its "learning" and ended up directing a mutiny/"worker takeover". We found the officer corpses in very bad shape. Now we have to get it off the ship.
Having a good time.

sweet. That's a pretty wild twist.

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey gang, my friend and I have decided that rather than risk getting a group of people together or struggling with online tabletop systems, we’re gonna try something a little different.

We’re gonna do a tandem campaign. We’re gonna just run solo adventures for each other, trading off GM and PC each session.

Our plan is to roll our starting characters, and then design and populate an area of the city to play in, and eventually tie both of our characters narratives together somehow.

I’m a rockerboy who needs real sophisticated tech to follow his dreams of transhumanism, and he’s a techie who absolutely hates everyone... but happens to love my music, and always comes into town from the outskirts for my shows.

I was wondering if any of you have tried something like this before, or if you had any tips for us. We’re both really interested in weekly regular sessions and don’t wanna put up with juggling multiple sessions and only getting to play once a month due to cancellations.

What’s the best way to design or populate encounters for 1 PC? Would it be better to have additional NPC buddies for the first mission or two while we’re brand new babies?

This could work.

One thing is a ton of the example encounters are stuff that are going to end up like "there's a lone ganger shaking down some dumbass kid" if you have only a party of one, so it can only work if you have a good possibility of tangling with someone in "1v1 me noob" situations.

Then there's other encounters that literally cannot scale small enough though, there's just too much going on for 1 person to deal with on their own. Cybergods help you if you roll a midnight clusterfuck situation:

quote:

(00) Cyberpsycho Rage: A single cyberpsycho, gleaming with metal and taking their fury out on a pedestrian who pushed them a little too far. The cyberpsycho is cybered up to the teeth with four cyberlimbs, Jump Boosters, multiple Popguns, Wolvers, and more. They don’t look like they’re going to calm down and it will be a little bit (1d6 + 1 rounds) before Psycho can get on the scene. What’s worse, they just noticed you.

An actual crew can survive that until psycho squad shows up, but one player is gonna have a bad time. No good GM would dump that on you, but yeesh.

One thing you could do is start a gang. Just straight up give each player the lawman's starter backup guys 24/7. They got kevlar, they got 25hp, they got 5 move & body, and their combat number is 10. You get 4 of them, and if they die they stay dead unless you can recruit more.

This is sort of like your starting charismatic impact, but i think maybe those guys aren't going to stick around if poo poo goes sideways like an actual gang would.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

sweet. That's a pretty wild twist.

It was pretty surprising to find out, yeah. Fortunately it decided "20 years in a non networked ship computer system" is quite enough time and wants the hell out now. I'm pretty sure it's still going to try and gently caress us somehow, but it helps that our Fixer is an actual anarchist organizer in setting, so we managed to dodge the "corrupted understanding of revolutionary praxis" problem that would have had it actually scuttle the ship out from under us.
Now the issue is how the hell to sell a small mountain of oil and cash out so we can fix the drat thing (and likely sink almost all the earnings into it in the process). In the meantime securing a replacement leg, fixing another leg since we kept getting leg crits, and having an Interview with the Vampire Computer.
Yes, I know, I'm the one who was in the main chat thread talking about how cyberpunk games "should be" and how this sort of thing fails to live up to the genre - I'm not the GM and it's a good group, I'm happy with playing near-future action movie to have a good time with friends.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Anyone else feel like the number of skills in this game could have been cut by half or more? My group is greatly enjoying the open-world campaign I've been running, but I feel it's in spite of the rules rather than because of them.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Not every TT group is gonna house every playstyle, so some of my bread & butter skills might be your dump skills.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

I suppose I'm just a fan of systems where those bread-and-butter skills for different playstyles are more condensed into higher abstractions. Or maybe I'm just really tired of rules-heavy RPG's and am only running this one for the setting. :shrug:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
well, they're pretty loose with the assists, so it makes sense that you could wrangle a weirdly specific character and still be useful

https://twitter.com/RTalsorianGames/status/1347233716817584130

So it could make sense to have a character who is able to bullshit their way into the corp office by nailing the look, or using their ranks in air pilot to claim they need to get to the landing pad on the roof

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
cross posting from GBS cursed thread

Antigravitas posted:

X marks the spot(s)

Bombs that had to be detonated. The red area (8000 people) had to be evacuated. The bombs were detonated around midnight. People could return at 03:30

someone do a eurozone campaign

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/mustangsart/status/1356568872657256450?s=21

<3

Is there a resource for fanmade RED content? Do people have maps or city blocks or clubs laid out already that I can choose or build from?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

The subreddit has been getting custom maps every day or two, along with one user writing tons of drop-in hooks and content.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

The core rulebook is back in stock on the R. Talsorian site for any of you are like me and missed out on getting a first printing.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My wife is a big fan of the cyberpunk aesthetic and the idea of the setting, so I was thinking of getting this game to play with her. Thanks for the head's up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/mustangsart/status/1356568872657256450?s=21

<3

Is there a resource for fanmade RED content? Do people have maps or city blocks or clubs laid out already that I can choose or build from?

The old Night City sourcebook also has a bunch of that. Even though it’s from the 2020 era it’s easy enough to bring into the RED era.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Do we know what the next book they're working on is? I know I read somewhere that they had more stuff planned, but it didn't go into details on what it was.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is there any important event or faction that doesn't exist in RED but is important in 2077? I'm writing scenarios for RED and just kind of bouncing back and forth between RED and the 2077 lorebook to try and flesh things out, and we're thinking we're gonna be associated with Tiger Claws, but I don't wanna start worldbuilding if they don't show up for another 10 years or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
tiger claws seem like they are not huge players in red but are in red already.

Tyger Claws posted:

Once under the thumb of Arasaka, the Tyger Claws have broken away and become a dangerous protector gang for the Asian community of Night City. They have had a significant role in rebuilding the sections of Japan Town after the 4th Corporate War. The Tyger Claws are known for their fast bikes, enhanced reflexes, and killer martial arts.

in south night city district (not old japantown) you have

Savage Docs posted:

A decently sized ripperdoc joint run by the 5 apprentices of the late Savage Doc and protected by the Yakuza and the Tyger Claws.

There's also a turf war encounter that can involve them swinging katanas all over the place, they're generic boosters with added heavy melee weapons and better armor and can be fighting 6th street, Piranhas, Iron Sights, or NCPD.

I dunno what is in 77 but missing from Red, other than Arasaka being allowed in again, that's a big deal difference, and all the districts being a couple decades different. Pacifica is relatively safe and good for now but it's totally collapsed in 77 for example.

I think Malestrom is pretty much brand new now. I dunno if a lot of these gangs are still around by the time 2077 hits and it's possible there are gangs that haven't formed yet, just like some are already extinct. I don't think you can go really wrong no matter what you throw in, even if it's some totally out of sequence event it's not necessarily a super big problem. Like "oh drat gang X isn't here yet" well, no they're obviously just starting to form up is what it is.

I could see gangs and corps changing a decent amount between Red and 77, with small time guys forming or disbanding in that timeframe.