Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what role you thinking of rolling?
Rockerboy
Solo
Netrunner
Tech
Media
Lawman
Exec
Fixer
Nomad
Medtech
View Results

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Moving from the CP2077 thread:

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I don't even know that having a baseline cyber eye does anything at all beyond "it's the same thing but cyber. You lose humanity for having this."

My understanding (don't have the book to hand right now) is that if cyberware doesn't provide any advantage over baseline human capability, then you don't lose HUM for it. It's something about having enhancements causing you to feel detached from normal people. I can dig for the excerpt later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

There's a section about netrunning, automated defenses, and setting up your own net architecture. Setting up your own system is both insanely expensive and pretty involved, and there's a lot of interesting stuff. For example:
Type        | Description                                                    | Default Trigger     | Data
------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------+------------------------------------
Observation | These cameras can see in Low Light, Infrared, and UV,          | Target enters room. | 5HP
Cameras     | and report images for a Demon or security personnel to act on. |                     | Perception DV17 to spot
            | DV9 Electronics/Security Tech, 1 min to counter.               |                     | Can see one entire room or corridor
------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+---------------------+------------------------------------
Mini        | Mini Air Drones are equipped with 1 of the following:          | Target enters area  | 6 MOVE • 15 HP
Air Drone   | • Dartgun with 8 Poison Arrows                                 | without wearing     |
            | • Very Heavy Pistol with 8 Armor Piercing Bullets              | proper pass         | Perimeter of defended area
            | • Observation Cameras                                          | or badge            |
            | DV17 Electronics/Security Tech, 5 min to counter.              |                     |

it says the cost of defense things, like auto turrets and drones and security cams, etc, are based on the DV of an electronic security check that it would take to defeat them:
DV  9 |    500eb (Expensive)
DV 13 |  1,000eb (V. Expensive)
DV 17 |  5,000eb (Luxury)
DV 21 | 10,000eb (Super Luxury)

So... I think you could try and claim that security cam costs 500 becuase it can be beat by DV9, and then claim a lovely drone costs the same amount because it could be beat by DV9, but I don't think it's supposed to be interpreted like that. I think an actual air drone costs five grand because for one, it's gonna be a Serious Business Corp buying and using those things, and for two, you can mount a camera inside a drone, and it doesn't make sense that even a lovely drone hull is the same as a camera mount.

Doesn’t that say that the drone requires DV17 to beat, so it would be 5,000eb? Or are you inventing a crappier drone which only require DV9? I think a cheap lovely drone variant could make sense (worse camera and worse HP along with lower DV, frequent recharge, whatever), just because commoditization can distort cost structures weirdly and a lot of price is about brand and demand more than BOM amounts anyway.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hobbesmaster posted:

2d6 may be a bit much to adding stuff to an existing arm but it’s not hard to imagine that each time you upgrade your body as if it was a PC or car that makes you feel less connected to your humanity.

I was thinking about having more elite ripperdocs roll 2d4 or 1d6 for HUM loss on the basis that they would provide more therapy and support during the implantation, but I like this angle more. Shorter campaigns are more fun anyway.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Go for it, IMO.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Weird stuff finds a way to its audiences. I remember watching sins of Iron Chef in the late 90s via VHS tapes my housemate ordered from Seoul or some place. I was a Canadian watching them in California while visiting, and I took copies of some back with me to Toronto. If my neighbour’s kid had written a “cooking race with mood lighting” comic in response, nobody would have been able to figure out how the kid had encountered the idea.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Midjack posted:

It's still 60-80 hours. I suppose if you treat it like a radio play serial or something similar it's okay but I'd rather watch a bit to get some ideas and then run or play my own campaign than watch a bunch of rando influencers roll dice for two work weeks.

Oh look at this fancy goon who has friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh poo poo 4 days left, I drat near forgot

Same, thank you for the reminder!