Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
"can you go get me x? It's by the y in the z" being a sentence they can act on is life changing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Our first was a breeze to potty train, to the point our pediatrician said he was really too young to be potty trained due to a risk of UTIs, and our second is 3 and still seems to have no idea when he needs to go or desire to figure it out. It's really maddening

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

polyester concept posted:

I simply offset the extra fitness gains from carrying children by binge eating due to stress after they're in bed

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

yeah had this. also getting jumped on and punched in the dick.

Yesterday my 3 year old ran by and just got a lightning fast full grip on the whole package and yanked as hard as he could and my god did I scream

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Eeyo posted:

why do socks never stay on my son's feet? do i have the wrong socks or something?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
The kids fire tablet is absolute dogshit and yet still the best kids tablet solution available and it sucks

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

MrQueasy posted:

drat, why you gotta be such a rat nut all the time tho?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
We just texted each other when we gave medicine. It worked great because it comes with a free timestamp

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
the living dad

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
It definitely won't result in the person calling being harassed or shooting themself in the back of the head

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Achmed Jones posted:

concerned, echi. you say nonsense like this all the time, and if you actually think it's appropriate for kids to do antisocial stuff like that, then something is wrong.

assholes _always_ find some reason why their victim deserves it. children especially are not capable of acting as impartial judges of who "deserves" to have their things destroyed. adults are generally also not good at that, which is why we have things like legal systems and general societal rules of "don't be a tremendous piece of poo poo"

lmao

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Sure Bill that owns the cafe sexually harasses the teenage girls that work there and steals their tips, but they're too young to know if that's "bad"

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
My wife got the parents we talk to digital photo frames that we send pictures to

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
We got to have our first experience with norovirus. Boy, that was something.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Eeyo posted:

my boy is rejecting all the starchy foods i’m giving him, but loves black beans. we’ve tried rice, bread, and now potato. but he just ignores them until i put more black bean on his plate.

he’s just thinkin about thos beans

Sorry to hear about your Paleo child those CrossFit bills will be killer

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Okay thread any advice on nose picking?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

factor in feeling like every app is either an advert or using your image library to train AI and it just sucks

I have never felt like this lmao

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Surprise T Rex posted:

despite not really having much of a culture of iMessage (the UK is mainly WhatsApp) my mate says his kids were begging for iPhones instead of android to avoid the stigma at school so apparently we’ve just imported that bit wholesale.

guess I’ve got this sort of stuff to look forward to, found out on Saturday that mrs t-rex is pregnant! scary as gently caress and not sunk in properly yet though

Surprise T Rex indeed

Congrats!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I like how every time I turn on my kids ipad it advertises Siri and apple pay to me. When I don't set up assistant or wallet on Android it just... quietly leaves them not set up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

CompeAnansi posted:

Completely agree. Also I know its a kids cartoon but the decision made no sense. Bandit had already accepted another job and presumably quit his current. Presumably Chili had already left her job too. They'd already packed and moved their stuff to a place they'd presumably signed a legally binding lease for. The dogs buying the house can't just opt out of a sale like that without paying fees. I can go on and on. I didn't like the way they handled the episode. It paints some sort of bizarre fantasy where everything works out magically. Which is a shame because what I generally like about Bluey is that (other than Bandit's unlimited patience and time for the kids) it is pretty realistic. The Sign, however, was not.

We haven't watched it yet because yeah moving is a big deal for kids and it really sucks that their take on it is "actually if you just want it enough moving doesn't have to happen"