Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

A little update on my plan for this.

Since I'm mounting a 77" TV, I figure a single panel is probably not feasible in the space. I started thinking about a diptych - two panels sliding apart - which would be perfect, but there's not much in the way of diptyches I can find online that I feel like are worth printing and hanging up in this way.

My new thought is to hang a triptych, but to split it unevenly into two panels. Like this (although not this specific work):

Is this very dumb?

Honestly my only concern is about how long your wall is. Assuming you want it to slide to the right or left (and not up) you will need probably 5' of clearance on that larger side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

actionjackson posted:

finally doing the upgrade to the saarinen table for that spot. 20% off and free shipping means it's basically what it ways pre-covid

unfortunately my table is good for one person, or three people, but not two as you necessarily have the table legs in the way of the legs of one person at all times. it's really more of a "cafe table" but worked fine when covid was raging as no one was visiting!

the table is here oh god it's beautiful thread

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Tulip tables are goat af. My 41” replica is my favorite piece of furniture.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Nice tables, kings. Please consider a rug to protect your floors.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

kreeningsons posted:

Nice tables, kings. Please consider a rug to protect your floors.

not sure if it's really necessary for mine as the floor is actually a laminate, and the table never really moves. also having another rug so close to a big rug would look kind of weird imo

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
I have a question for this thread about kitchen cabinets — we are renovating our kitchen ourselves (although we had the floor done by someone else) and would like someone to look at our room shape and come up with a better layout than a single waterlogged bank of 1960s cabinets shoehorned under the window of a large square 1920s kitchen. Are there services that would do this that wouldn't expect us to then buy their cabinets? If we have a layout, we would like to piece together older cabinets from the restore or something to keep it looking classic but you know, functional. Not just function in the "useful layout sense", but also functional in the sense that that all the drawers and doors open. And with a counter top height higher than 31".

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

A little update on my plan for this.

Since I'm mounting a 77" TV, I figure a single panel is probably not feasible in the space. I started thinking about a diptych - two panels sliding apart - which would be perfect, but there's not much in the way of diptyches I can find online that I feel like are worth printing and hanging up in this way.

My new thought is to hang a triptych, but to split it unevenly into two panels. Like this (although not this specific work):

Is this very dumb?

Putting the painting with the Butt Song From Hell in front of your television is extremely rad, and not dumb at all. My parents' previous house had a place for a plasma tv kinda recessed into the fireplace, and a set of quad-fold(?) doors that would cover it up. You could do something like this if you made it symmetrical with some kind of polyptych on the doors.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

bennyfactor posted:

Are there services that would do this that wouldn't expect us to then buy their cabinets?

Post a good sketch of the current layout with windows and doors marked and goons will probably offer great and practical suggestions.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’ve been trying to make a 3d layout as easily as possible for my kitchen renovation, just directional, and so far found ikea’s online designer the easiest to use. Because you’re bound to their products you end up with some funk but it’s letting me easily mess around.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

bennyfactor posted:

I have a question for this thread about kitchen cabinets — we are renovating our kitchen ourselves (although we had the floor done by someone else) and would like someone to look at our room shape and come up with a better layout than a single waterlogged bank of 1960s cabinets shoehorned under the window of a large square 1920s kitchen. Are there services that would do this that wouldn't expect us to then buy their cabinets? If we have a layout, we would like to piece together older cabinets from the restore or something to keep it looking classic but you know, functional. Not just function in the "useful layout sense", but also functional in the sense that that all the drawers and doors open. And with a counter top height higher than 31".

Have you reached out to a local kitchen and bath design shop?

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Make a sketch on graph paper with measurements and everything that can’t change. We love fooling around with that kind of thing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pencils, graph paper, 6 real-world inches per square, done. Nice and simple. Cut out some tokens to-scale for bonus points.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Hutla posted:

Make a sketch on graph paper with measurements and everything that can’t change. We love fooling around with that kind of thing.

Okay, please do not make me a Doom / Grover kitchen, but here are the measurements. The plumbing is more or less centered under the windows on the west (bottom) wall. We would like a double bowl sink, and have a normal width conventional range already (free from some friends that are remodeling their already much nicer kitchen into something high-end).

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
Do you have a gas line or anything else that can't be moved? A plug for the fridge? Do you want just a kitchen or a table in there or a breakfast bar? An island or peninsula? What kind of cooking do you do- heat and eat or more involved? What would you ideally be doing in the kitchen? A better kitchen is really subjective and my ideal kitchen is probably much different from yours.

So, tell us what you want to do in there that you couldn't before.

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
Is there somebody I can hire to help me replan my house? It hasn't been updated since 1992. Somebody willing to work with me virtually.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Cheese Thief posted:

Is there somebody I can hire to help me replan my house? It hasn't been updated since 1992. Somebody willing to work with me virtually.

interior designer or architect depending on what you want to do

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Cheese Thief posted:

In person remodeling services only
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVE8kSM43I

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Hutla posted:

Do you have a gas line or anything else that can't be moved? A plug for the fridge? Do you want just a kitchen or a table in there or a breakfast bar? An island or peninsula? What kind of cooking do you do- heat and eat or more involved? What would you ideally be doing in the kitchen? A better kitchen is really subjective and my ideal kitchen is probably much different from yours.

So, tell us what you want to do in there that you couldn't before.

There is a surface-mount 240v receptacle for the oven on the floor on the north (left) wall near where the 103" measurement is. I figured that if the oven needs to be moved this would not be a terribly difficult thing to change especially as the kitchen is over an unfinished basement and it's not an in-wall outlet. The fridge is on the East (top) wall, which seems like a decent place for it, but it could certainly be moved. My wife does a lot of from-scratch cooking (or did before she moved in) and I used to bake in a previous apartment when I was single. What I would like is a lot of usable countertop space to prep food / make bread. 

We had been working with one lower-than-normal countertop across a single wall, a sink with no disposal, and no functional drawers or cupboards. The room also has one large window (over sink), three doorways, and a weird corner with a bump-out concealing a chimney for a franklin/coal stove. 

Now that we’ve removed the bad countertop/bank of unusable drawers, we’d like to maximize the storage and functionality of the room. We have a generous collection of dishes, cooking implements and spices/pantry goods, all of which we would like to keep in the kitchen. No pot filler or anything like that. We would be amenable to a small amount of open shelving for display items, but not for real storage. We currently have a metro rack with a hanging bar and S hooks for many of our daily-use utensils, and we’d be interesting in some amount of that kind of reachable storage. We’d like to have a decent amount of prep space. We’ve already chosen the sink that we would like. We currently have a dishwasher in our laundry room, but we’d prefer to install one in the kitchen (even if it’s an 18-inch). If we could get a kitchen island that didn’t impede walking (we have to walk through the kitchen to get to the back porch/laundry and back bedroom), we’d like it to provide an additional workspace/shallow storage (a la Husky toolbox, but for cooking). 

Overall, we’re interested in a highly functional kitchen that maintains elements of the era when our home was built (1920).

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020

actionjackson posted:

interior designer or architect depending on what you want to do

Interior design. Everything structurally is very solid. The house was built by my cousin, so I'm buying it from an estate. Big, empty, lots of rooms, lots of land. A lawyer foyer, I'd be happy to post some pictures if you have any help in the meantime. That Scandinavian cozy style seems nice.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

pictures are always good

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Cheese Thief posted:

Interior design. Everything structurally is very solid. The house was built by my cousin, so I'm buying it from an estate. Big, empty, lots of rooms, lots of land. A lawyer foyer, I'd be happy to post some pictures if you have any help in the meantime. That Scandinavian cozy style seems nice.

This is good info, only question I have left is how large is your Funko collection

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

bennyfactor posted:

Okay, please do not make me a Doom / Grover kitchen, but here are the measurements. The plumbing is more or less centered under the windows on the west (bottom) wall. We would like a double bowl sink, and have a normal width conventional range already (free from some friends that are remodeling their already much nicer kitchen into something high-end).

Here's what I came up with using ikea's tool (https://kitchen.planner.ikea.com/us/en/planner/?startFromScratch=true):

everything is standard size, 24" depth cabinets, with a 30" range on the left, double bowl sink and dishwasher, and a counter depth ikea fridge at the top right, but you would have enough room to put a french door fridge if you want one. Two large base cabinets here give you a lot of storage space and counter space - i used ikea's 36" double drawer cabinets since door cabinets aren't great ergonomically or for organization, but this is personal preference. Then I used pullout corner cabinets on both sides of the sink/dishwasher and another drawer/shelf unit next to the range. I think you'd be extremely lucky to find pullout corner cabinets at restore; imo it would be worth paying for ikea units here, but if you're going with secondhand for everything else you might end up DIYing or paying for custom work to fit them in. I didn't add any top storage but you could put a few upper cabinets above the range; personally i'd just have a wall-mounted range hood. Instead, put a pegboard here and opposite for your batterie de cuisine.

Another layout, same appliances. I don't like this one as much since i think the fridge will block too much light from the big window, but if you can't find/don't want to pay for pullout cabinets, this one will give you nearly as much storage space without them. It also makes it a bit more useful to fit in upper cabinets along the right wall on either side of the window.

Neither of these layouts do anything with the top right corner space. I think it's a terrible place for the fridge; you want to keep the major appliances fairly close to one another, and 15 feet is too far away. If you want to make it useful, you could fit a washer/dryer in there, either by stacking them or using 24" units side by side. You could also look for a free-standing antique hutch, china cabinet, or pantry, which would be a nice traditional-home touch. or just add a small desk, cafe table, chest freezer, or some plants.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

actionjackson posted:

Eyyyyyyyyy. I was looking at circular tulip tables for my dining area and ended up going with a larger marble top. The base in the pictures was black but they sent me a one with a white base. So, I spray painted it black. Worth it, IMO.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I received a crate and barrel gift card.

Feel like I have enough furniture...

What would you rascals look at, at the ole crate and barrel?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

C&B kinda sucks and when I got the statement credit back from my sofa purchase there I ended up buying an electric smoker for like $40 total out of pocket. It's a bit fiddly and definitely not worth the $250 it would have cost me at full price but everything I've made with it so far has been delicious. Depending on what your gift card amount is, that's my vote. Or get some other kind of kitchen appliance that you want but maybe don't necessarily need. Their furniture is expensive and kind of poo poo quality imho.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That gift card should still work at CB2 which is sort of their cheaper and more youthful line of home goods. Specifically the “design legends” lines are where to look for the secretly dope poo poo

https://www.cb2.com/memoria-glass-table-lamp/s100332

https://www.cb2.com/collections/ackerman-modern/1

https://www.cb2.com/collections/frattini/1

https://www.cb2.com/collections/paul-mccobb/1

https://www.cb2.com/collections/robert-wengler/1

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

hypnophant posted:

Here's what I came up with using ikea's tool (https://kitchen.planner.ikea.com/us/en/planner/?startFromScratch=true):

everything is standard size, 24" depth cabinets, with a 30" range on the left, double bowl sink and dishwasher, and a counter depth ikea fridge at the top right, but you would have enough room to put a french door fridge if you want one. Two large base cabinets here give you a lot of storage space and counter space - i used ikea's 36" double drawer cabinets since door cabinets aren't great ergonomically or for organization, but this is personal preference. Then I used pullout corner cabinets on both sides of the sink/dishwasher and another drawer/shelf unit next to the range. I think you'd be extremely lucky to find pullout corner cabinets at restore; imo it would be worth paying for ikea units here, but if you're going with secondhand for everything else you might end up DIYing or paying for custom work to fit them in. I didn't add any top storage but you could put a few upper cabinets above the range; personally i'd just have a wall-mounted range hood. Instead, put a pegboard here and opposite for your batterie de cuisine.

Another layout, same appliances. I don't like this one as much since i think the fridge will block too much light from the big window, but if you can't find/don't want to pay for pullout cabinets, this one will give you nearly as much storage space without them. It also makes it a bit more useful to fit in upper cabinets along the right wall on either side of the window.

Neither of these layouts do anything with the top right corner space. I think it's a terrible place for the fridge; you want to keep the major appliances fairly close to one another, and 15 feet is too far away. If you want to make it useful, you could fit a washer/dryer in there, either by stacking them or using 24" units side by side. You could also look for a free-standing antique hutch, china cabinet, or pantry, which would be a nice traditional-home touch. or just add a small desk, cafe table, chest freezer, or some plants.

I very much appreciate this. I also used the ikea kitchen thing to make the floorplan, there are just so many options it's overwhelming to start with a blank slate. Only one issue with your suggestions, though: it looks like somehow either my drawing or your drawing turned the doorway to the dining room (right side, south wall) into a window. So, probably can't put a sink there. That is also part of the problem I have for imagining the space: every wall except the wall with the big window and the sink plumbing has a door/doorway in it, and the door is part of the main trafficway of the house.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

bennyfactor posted:

I very much appreciate this. I also used the ikea kitchen thing to make the floorplan, there are just so many options it's overwhelming to start with a blank slate. Only one issue with your suggestions, though: it looks like somehow either my drawing or your drawing turned the doorway to the dining room (right side, south wall) into a window. So, probably can't put a sink there. That is also part of the problem I have for imagining the space: every wall except the wall with the big window and the sink plumbing has a door/doorway in it, and the door is part of the main trafficway of the house.

I did misread that, makes it a bit trickier. Maybe something like this would work for you:

It's harder to fit in storage space in this layout so the fridge and pantry go back in the upper corner. A free-standing island or cart nearby gives you someplace to pull food to and give some extra counter space for when you need it, and it shouldn't get in the way of traffic. The work triangle isn't ideal but you avoid having too much back and forth, which should keep it somewhat efficient. This is basically the only layout I'd be happy with in this kitchen - you can tweak the dimensions on some things, but I wouldn't put the range anywhere else in the room, and there's no space for the fridge on the west wall because of the window.

Some other notes:
I've drawn this with an OTR microwave but you could use an undercabinet hood instead, which would give you a little extra space. Keep the microwave underneath the island instead of out on the counter. There should be enough room for a 30" or 36" range, the most common sizes, but a 30" would fit better so hopefully that's what you're getting. I also included a 36" sink and 24" dishwasher, but you might be ok with a 30" sink and 18" dishwasher, which would get you some storage space back. A 24" sink is too cramped IMO.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

hypnophant posted:

I did misread that, makes it a bit trickier. Maybe something like this would work for you:

It's harder to fit in storage space in this layout so the fridge and pantry go back in the upper corner. A free-standing island or cart nearby gives you someplace to pull food to and give some extra counter space for when you need it, and it shouldn't get in the way of traffic. The work triangle isn't ideal but you avoid having too much back and forth, which should keep it somewhat efficient. This is basically the only layout I'd be happy with in this kitchen - you can tweak the dimensions on some things, but I wouldn't put the range anywhere else in the room, and there's no space for the fridge on the west wall because of the window.

Some other notes:
I've drawn this with an OTR microwave but you could use an undercabinet hood instead, which would give you a little extra space. Keep the microwave underneath the island instead of out on the counter. There should be enough room for a 30" or 36" range, the most common sizes, but a 30" would fit better so hopefully that's what you're getting. I also included a 36" sink and 24" dishwasher, but you might be ok with a 30" sink and 18" dishwasher, which would get you some storage space back. A 24" sink is too cramped IMO.

Thanks! This is a useful starting point. And very much agreed on the 24 inch sink being too cramped, that what the kitchen has/had in it and it might as well be a bathroom lav honestly.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical

As someone who cooks a lot, I like this one best so far! I’d definitely go with a moveable cart or island, though. As long as the wheel have locks and you choose a solid top you’ll be able to knead on it and having a big workspace that you can pull over to the stove or sink is super helpful.

I have 2 rolling bakers racks that I love, but a lot of people don’t like the more industrial look. I take everything off and wash it once a year just from general living dust and grime getting in all the wires. I do have to constantly move things off of my designated out of the oven cooling area that my partner loves to fill with stuff, though.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I bought a dining set on Black Friday from IKEA, but they ended up only delivering the table cuz they ran out of the chairs. :suicide:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/ekedalen-chair-black-orrsta-light-gray-20434399/

The chairs are already refunded, so I’m figuring I’ll just buy elsewhere. Plus the last chairs I bought from IKEA were weak as gently caress and ended up collapsing out from under me so I’d rather spend the money on something that’ll actually last.

Maybe somethin like these? Or these, maybe? edit waaaaait a minute these are the same chairs wtf :mad:

Edit 2: gently caress it, these will be fine. Close in dimensions, too.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 28, 2023

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
I just moved and I'm figuring out my space. I have a 14x11 room that is both bedroom and home office.

I really like a lot of this. The 2x4 and 2x2 Expedit units give me a physical divider, but if I leave the upper cubes empty I don't lose any light from the window. I do need to keep my bathroom door closed so I don't overshare on video calls, but that's easy. I have enough space between the bed and the shelving that I don't feel claustrophobic, and I have a little 2-drawer bedside table for bedside-table stuff (and drawers are great for tidying that away).

The issue is that I've been getting back pain, and I think it's because I'm a forty-plus year old adult sleeping on a twin size bed. I don't have room to really roll over or stretch out, and there's not enough blanket to really cover me, so I wake up at 2am with cold knees.

I can solve the bedding issue by just getting larger-sized linens, and pulling the bed away from the wall will let the bedding hang down and be more evenly weighted. But that doesn't change my being physically constrained while sleeping.

I've been thinking of upgrading to a full-size bed. I don't mind losing the end table, because I can just put a drawer insert in the Expedit. But I'll lose about half of my current walking/separating floor space between bed and desk. I might hate that.

Are there solutions here that I haven't thought of, in terms of layout, and how much room does an average person need to not feel boxed in?

Edit that the image is mostly to scale; I did it in Excel (obv) and didn't think to make allowances for 6" increments until I was done. So, there's probably closer to three feet between the bed and shelving, right now, and it would drop down to less than 18ish.

Hungry Squirrel fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 4, 2023

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I just moved and I'm figuring out my space. I have a 14x11 room that is both bedroom and home office.

I would rotate both the bed and the desk 90 degrees, so the bed is against the wall with your feet to the desk, and the desk faces the bed. Get a privacy screen so looking at the bed doesn't distract you. This puts you in the command position when you're sitting at the desk, gives you a solid backdrop for zoom calls, doesn't block any more light than your current solution, and even lets you keep your existing nightstand. All the ikea desks I've looked at are around two to two-and-a-half feet deep, so if you put the back of the desk right up against the foot of the bed, you'll have around three feet between the desk and the wall behind you. That's plenty to get in and out and lean back in your chair and shouldn't make you feel cramped.

e: I really like dearmodern on instagram (and i think tiktok/youtube/whatever) for inspiration for layouts; he's a feng shui consultant who does a lot of examples of small bedrooms, awkward spaces, lovely nyc studios, etc. You don't have to buy into feng shui to appreciate the advice he gives.

hypnophant fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 4, 2023

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
I didn't entirely see that plan as a good fit; I really like being able to look out the window while I work, and that setup puts the window behind me. But, it did remind me that I had no problem focusing in my last tiny space when I had my back to the "bedroom" (and the window right in front of me), which led me down a pretty great rabbit hole.

I need to measure, but what I'm thinking of now is keeping everything the same except the desk. Using some IKEA-hack-esque shenanigans, I can put the desk along the window (East) wall, extending slightly under the window. I can flip the 2x4 Expedit sideways and use it as the other desk leg extending out against the (North) wall, which means I lose use of four of the cubes into the void under the desk but I leave the other four open for whatever. It also means I need to lift the other desk leg, and my chair, up another inch to maintain ergonomics, but I'm working on that. The bed stays with the long side against the wall common to the entry door (West). It will be visible in Zoom calls, but that's ok; I look at the desk when I'm in bed, but that's also OK.

With that setup, I can get a bigger bed that may abut the end of the longways shelf, but I can put some kind of something on that end so that it can be a nightstand area that doesn't encroach on the desk area. And, it means that the whole of the chair-rolling area can also be the whole of the get-into-bed area, which is more than enough space for me.

And, if it turns out that waking up looking at my monitor becomes no-fun, I can always hang a curtain.

If I'm feeling ambitious after work today, I may try it out tonight!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Please goons, I need help.

Is there a specific name for a semi-flush ceiling fixture with a metal shade, perforated in a spiral or star pattern?

The usual "atomic" "MCM" "Sputnik" "Cosmic" "Art Deco" keywords aren't helping at all.

I thought it was a pretty common 30's to 60's fixture, but I'm coming up blank.

This is a close as I can get, but the one I remember was smaller, polished, and had perforations throughout.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I've never seen that but different google keyword combos led me to "moroccan pendant light" of perforated brass, moroccan ceiling light, flush mount, etc.

peanut fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Dec 8, 2023

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

I don’t know if that light has a singular type, but here are additional keywords according to some of its qualities

Shape - “dome”, “saucer”, “disc”
Direction - “uplight”
Attachment - “suspended” (the internet can’t decide if these are suspended or flush mount)

https://www.galleryl7inc.com/product/utah-24-ceiling-light

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

peanut posted:

I've never seen that but different google keyword combos led me to "moroccan pendant light" of perforated brass, moroccan ceiling light, flush mount, etc.

I hadn't considered that style, and now I am, thank you!

kreeningsons posted:

I don’t know if that light has a singular type, but here are additional keywords according to some of its qualities

Shape - “dome”, “saucer”, “disc”
Direction - “uplight”
Attachment - “suspended” (the internet can’t decide if these are suspended or flush mount)

https://www.galleryl7inc.com/product/utah-24-ceiling-light

That was the closest thing I found, and now I'm thinking I imagined a combo of that shade, and this sconce:

https://www.rejuvenation.com/products/galaxy-single-sconce/?pkey=s~galaxy~1

And I will never stop cursing the day Rejuvenation sold out to Williams Sonoma. They don't even make the Burnside pendant light anymore.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
I'm 6'6" with linebacker shoulders (52L sport coat). I'm looking for a couch that is long enough and deep enough that I can lie down on it and my shoulders don't hang off the edge. Would love something modern/scandi that actually comfortable and well built enough that can take the abuse of young kids in the house. Any suggestions on brands, stores, websites would be appreciated.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Based on my research before buying my own sofa, extra deep sofas have around a 28” seat deep or more. As for length, you are going to be looking at a pretty long sofa if it has arms. Also when mentioning kids or pets, all the sales reps told me to look at Alcantara or an equivalent microfiber fabric for durability and ease of cleaning. Depending on the price, most makers should offer some more laid back and comfortable styles that could suit your build.

kreeningsons fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Cornuto posted:

I'm 6'6" with linebacker shoulders (52L sport coat). I'm looking for a couch that is long enough and deep enough that I can lie down on it and my shoulders don't hang off the edge. Would love something modern/scandi that actually comfortable and well built enough that can take the abuse of young kids in the house. Any suggestions on brands, stores, websites would be appreciated.

With 7 or 8 color options
https://ja.aliexpress.com/item/1005004656744995.html