Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
do all these JFK episodes make more sense or become easier to follow if you've seen the Oliver Stone movie? they all sound like a bunch of assassination autists getting really into the weeds to me, but i didn't know about any of the big conspiracy theory figures like de Mohrenschildt or Guy Banister before this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
that gently caress BIDEN hat rules, tho. think they have them in realtree?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
yung chomsky hit me with that Battlefield 1942 theme, bby

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i want a sub-series where liz explains the plot of every f&f movie to brace

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Phobophilia posted:

I still say that Elysium ages better than most, it's one of the few movies where special forces operators are depicted as little more than disgusting monsters. Sharto Copley is once again brilliant in his role. It's appropriate that their final act in the film would be to attempt a coup on the society that fostered their psychopathy. And the good guys in that film would be the villains of any other Hollywood propaganda movie.
strange how the south african guy keeps making movies about an exploitive race-based ruling class supported by hordes of murder psychos for hire.

wonder what’s up with that coincidence

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Cached Money posted:

Tesla series was A+ poo poo, pretty much confirmed my suspicion that as they said, it is a fake company that doesn't make any money and barely makes cars. Holy gently caress that they let it be listed on the S&P 500 too, get that poo poo out of there before it implodes the entire world economy.
my brother was really excited about the autopilot thing and preordered a model 3.

then lol car arrived without any coolant in it whatsoever, he had to drive over four hours to find a “dealership” to diagnose the ticking time bomb of a cooling system, he found out that “autopilot” is a dangerous, untrustworthy mess, and like my friend liz said, there just aren’t enough superchargers to take a long road trip, and the ones that do exist are always slammed, so you might wait over an hour just to get a place to charge up.

he’s about to sell it and buy a prius or some other hybrid

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

gay_crimes posted:

I can't tell what you think about JFK's assassination from this post
it’s absolutely impenetrable, unlike JFK’a head

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
dude, shut up about operation cyclone. nobody cares.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Goast posted:

bawls is the classic LAN party swill
it’s a great 50:50 mix with “the cheapest vodka they have at the liquor store that your older brother bought you”

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Bip Roberts posted:

I don't actually miss fleischmanns even with this sell.
oh yeah, twenty years later i’m doing a 75:25 mix with stoli to recreate the magic when gaming with the boys

and, you know, switching to diet bawls after my first glass

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
they really need to stop booking idiots as guests

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I totally forgot that The Clintons got a forums poster killed.
i… never forget

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Hasan has lovely takes probably spurred by him being a guy who only started being the darling of the left in the last 2yrs, and still relies on the 'I think it so it's right and obvious' poo poo that most young males do. Luckily he's not vaush

He is still Cenk Uygurs nephew though so who knows
he can coast on all that poo poo because he can always fall back on being a big, beautiful and breedable himbo

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

crepeface posted:

Sicario III is amazing, outlining a low-tech dystopian cyberpunk world.

also lol:

https://twitter.com/kuntupdates/status/1441442973531754497?t=Qb5VpXhsPI42pXbEKKFD0A&s=19
i love this crazy woman

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

182 - Sirhan Sirhan
181 - 20 Years On The Road
175 - Sicario III
164 - Which Way MAGA Man?
163 - JSUC
161 - Spycops Undercover II
147 - You Are A Serf
146 - Mandalay
144 - Nico Walker
138 - OC80
135 - Deep State 101
134 - Freakanomics
122 - Spycops Undercover
104 - Everything Is Bad
95 - Koch'd Up pt 2
94 - Koch'd Up pt 1
70 - Azealia
50 - Radio Free Trueanon

also the JFK, Bush Did 9/11, and Lamest Show On Earth series
lol the sirhan sirhan ep was unlistenable are you kidding?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Why? I heard it and it was fine
the guest was a crazy person and completely full of poo poo

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Don't sign your posts.
sigs ON, b*tch!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
No.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
it was just some malignant boomer psycho with a few thousand bucks worth of “over the counter” firepower. i know it sounds unthinkable to anyone from a less insane nation, but that’s American Exceptionalism, Baby!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

The_Rob posted:

So you just look over all the weird poo poo?
yeah, especially when it involves las vegas. it’s the world capital of weird/stupid poo poo happening every single day, but none of the weird poo poo that happened that day seems to be connected.

it was an event witnessed by tens of thousands of people with video cameras, in a city with more CCTV coverage per square foot than anywhere else, and all any of them show is one broken window with a shitload of rifle fire pouring out. nothing about the official narrative is implausible, and none of the alternatives theories are supported by documentary evidence. hell, it wasn’t even an impressive feat of marksmanship or luck like Oswald or Hinkley, just some boomer spraying and praying on a mass of people with a bunch of rifles and a shitload of loaded magazines

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

But where were all the shell casings!?
the floor, i presume

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

sexpig by night posted:

I do like the idea that 'dude randomly began hoarding heavy firearms and just dumped pounds of lead into a random event he had no connection to because he was some wacky boomer' is the most obvious and simple answer, though, just 'shooters be crazy'.
he could buy that all poo poo in one trip to any large vegas gun store. “dude was a psychopath who wanted to go out big” seems more plausible than any made-up story about “gun smuggling” or whatever. guns are easy as poo poo to get in the US! the feds or saudis or whoever don’t need to go through any weirdo like Paddock to get a shitload of ARs and ammo. just call up any hundreds of stores, or just call Colt, FN, etc. direct!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

adebisi lives posted:

People forget the spree shooters that hate life and want to get a high score on a Wikipedia page before they die. Not everything has to be politically motivated or being a false flag attack.
sorry, but i’ll never stop trying to make every major news event fit my pet theory that the Undead Dulles Bros. are behind every murder in the northern hemisphere

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

sexpig by night posted:

it's not that he literally couldn't do it it's that he spent a weird amount of time amassing an unfeasible arsenal for a completely random target, even if he just wanted to 'go out big' there are way more dramatic targets in Literal Las Vegas that don't require you to turn a hotel room into a mini-bunker. Spree killers tend to not use that degree of planning, even with poo poo like school shooters who show that much detail it's a weird amount of time and work to put in to destroy something that he has no links to.

Like, I'm not even saying it literally could only be something more sinister or murky, I'm just saying going 'well shooters be crazy' is kinda a lazy way to dismiss the genuinely insanely strange nature of the shooting. Even if we all agree it was exactly as it looked and he really was just a crazy boomer who wanted to die big it's easily one of the stranger sides of that sort of event.
killing a lot of people is the most “dramatic target.” turns out it was a very feasible (and effective!) arsenal and a perfect target if his aim was to set the mass shooter high score. it required maybe 5 minutes of research to find an appropriate event to shoot up, another 5 minutes to book a hotel room with the best view, a few grand worth of guns and ammo, maybe a trip or two to make sure he knew how to operate the rifles if he didn’t already, and a few trips up the elevator to lug all the stuff to his suite. the amount of planning and preparation was trivial considering he shot nearly 500 people.

everything else is unsubstantiated speculation and baseless conspiracy thinking. even Brace and Felix admitted it! there just isn’t any evidence of anything more!

Bust Rodd posted:

The thing that stood out to me most about Paddock’s attack was that even given his Fish-In-A-Barrel set up, his actual accuracy rating (targets hit per bullets fired) is insane.
no it wasn’t. he was just firing into a crowd of people. he wasn’t aiming for specific individuals, just a mass of a couple thousand people

adebisi lives posted:

How many rounds do they think he fired because I'd imagine it potentially could have been into the thousands before the barrels on his 20 rifles started going bad.
yeah, you can fire many hundred of rounds through an AR non-stop before something breaks. he brought around two dozen ARs and fired a couple thousand rounds. ezpz.

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Oct 4, 2021

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Slanderer posted:

the dumbest thing about the “gun deal” theory is that who the gently caress trafficking a bunch of assorted unmatched guns. if you look at pics of a the guns he actually used, even the same models are all different colors, and different scopes on everything lol. it’s the kind of thing you do when you’re a collector or hobbyist with a ton of money
great point, and it wasn’t even that much money for an upper middle class boomer! guns are cheap, and were *historically* cheap back when Stephen was gearing up. his arsenal looks like he just went into his local gun store and bought all the various ARs they had on the wall at the time. totally random assortment as opposed to a premeditated “order.” probably thought buying a bunch of different makes/models would raise less suspicion than trying to buy twenty Colt 6920s at once.

Slanderer posted:

also I suspect the data on shots fired vs people wounded doesn’t account for tons of instances of multiple people being hit by the same bullet (or fragments), and probably lumps in everyone who was officially wounded at the event (not just from gun shot wounds)
ya one bullet makes a bunch of tiny shrapnel fragments, especially when it hits something hard like concrete or asphalt (like the surface the concert was held on!)

fragmentation was a factor in the RFK and Reagan shootings too

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
(respectively)

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
John Hinkley please do the needful!!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Bust Rodd posted:

To be honest they kind of buried the lede with the car accident. Leaving a dead woman covered in blood at the scene of the crime to just walk home and sleep it off is serial killer level poo poo
it’s basically whatever fatality DUI psycho does to get away with it, regardless of wealth

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
havana syndrome is deffo some American top secret advanced signals intelligence technology that the US is using and just so happens to scramble the brains of its own "diplomats" and spies at the embassies where they are operated. the CIA didn't mind that it was turning some State Deparment nerds into grape jelly so long as they got to listen to every phone call in cuba.

Androies posted:

Busch IV flying his helicopter full of guns and drugs, emergency landing in a parking lot, and then being unable to lift off because he's too high was pretty great though. Just one of those great wtf moments.
king poo poo. owning a helicopter is god's way of saying you have too much money and need to die, tho

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Oct 7, 2021

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Satellite based, drone based, or stationary? Or all three with varying success rates?
my guess is stationary equipment on embassy property. the power of anything “wave” based decreases rapidly with distance, which is why it the side effects are felt by those at the embassy. it also requires a shitload of power, and needs to stay hidden.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

The_Rob posted:

There’s no actual proof of any of this btw. Just hearsay from people saying they over heard him say things about right wing conspiracy theories. And then a bunch of articles on why believing in conspiracies makes you right wing.
even if he was (and he very well might have been! there are a lot of them out there!), his specific mass murder motive doesn't change much about the who and how aspects. it was the insane boomer in the mandalay bay with the entire crate of ARs

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Except the rate of fire recorded doesn't match that of an AR-15 with a bump stock.
lol who told you that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6fE2JkvVoo&t=4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2IOZ-5Nk5k&t=249s
it even has the characteristically-unsteady rate as bump stocks

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Seams posted:

The strangest thing about the shooting imo is that is was basically memory-holed immediately. Maybe that’s because Paddock left no manifesto or obvious motive.
yeah. it's why Uncle Ted is such an enduring figure in spite of having 1/20th the bodycount

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

i say swears online posted:

momjeans have been "in" for like four years now and i will never understand why, unless everybody is just fat

brace is dressed way better than chomsky tbh
asked and answered

agreed on brace v. chomsky tho

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

a small ammount of elastic in the waistband is a loving godsend
~3% elastic weave, bby

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s funny how Mandalay also lays bare the total and complete failure of the NSA and The Patriot Act to achieve anything. If you guys couldn’t stop this from happening, then you probably can’t stop anything that they aren’t directly false-flagging themselves
what failure? the NSA and Patriot Act didn’t do poo poo about buying guns. right-wing nationalists only wanted to spy on the brown “other,” not things they like. the Patriot Act and NSA are working as intended.

Danger posted:

At the bare minimum there absolutely was a coverup of Mandalay by MGM; you can just check out the absolutely sinister Ellen segment for confirmation on that.
oh yeah. MGM put the fear of god into that guy in an NDA/settlement. they wanted to make sure they didn’t get sued out of existence by the ~500 people who got shot by the guy who was able to walk an entire National Guard Armory in through the front door of their hotel. paddock still did all the shooting tho

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 25, 2021

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Phobophilia posted:

The Patriot Act couldn't do anything by design because if you're a violent right winger then you are by default a Good Guy With A Gun, and so your outbursts will be tacitly endorsed by a large section of the ruling class, and it will remain that way until the very moment a legally purchased bullet from your legally owned gun enters the spine of some poor sucker attending a Jason Aldean concert.

Until then it is off-limits to do anything that may possibly restrict your Freedoms. Same reason why the FBI didn't do anything before the January 6 riots.
yeah this is what i said but smarter

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Bust Rodd posted:

Anyone else remember like 3-4 years ago? I think Vice or someone did a big expose about how the Facebook content moderators were basically all drug-and-sex addicted trainwrecks who were snorting Xanax and banging each other in the stairwells just to cope with the inhumanly hosed up poo poo they were watching all day. Like you have a 6 hour shift and it’s just watching videos of hate crimes and animal mutilation and corpse photos from a fresh car accident and the only person on Earth who gets it is sorting next to you, asking you to join them in the broom closet for some meth and maybe a beej. Just absolutely psycho poo poo.
back in 2005 or so, i clicked on the report queue on /b/ once and i still wanna do xanax about it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Phobophilia posted:

You'd think they'd constantly bring up the existence of the Sutherland Springs church shooting because it was the One instance where a Good Guy with a Gun reduced the number if casualties, but because the liberal media basically stopped covering it, so too did the Responsible Gun Owners.
they don’t bring it up because even gun freaks aren’t stupid enough to try to spin ~26 people blown in half with a $600 AR as a “victory” for the second amendment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Phobophilia posted:

counterpoint: they are that stupid
i was really hoping you wouldn’t call my bluff here