Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Here to appreciate Aoi Yuuki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwF8q90VWrc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Super Jay Mann posted:

I am totally on board with Aoi Yuuki yells for 15 minutes an episode: The Anime :allears:

Oh and I guess other stuff happens too occasionally. Pretty sure I've already forgotten the names of every other character in this. And also what they look like too now that I think about it.

The only one I remember is Natsume and that's because he irritated me in episode 3. I know it's dumb to judge characters for not acting logically, but he has a sword why does he keep shooting the dragon with these dumb little fireballs?

Edit I also remember Fei because she did a cool pose after violently biting the dragon and she seems to have a connection to Kumoko than anyone else in the class even though it's just school bully who feels bad about what she did now.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 30, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ethiser posted:

I like the human characters part because it’s funny how they are all part of a bog standard isekai story while all this spider stuff is going on. I’ve read the manga so it’s nice to see what the outside world is like since the manga is just now getting to stuff outside the dungeon.

It is nice for world building imo. Like finding out everyone hears the level up voice and one person seems to liken it to a God or something.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Well this skill sounds dangerous, but it makes the number go up so can it really be that bad?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It might be Aoi Yuuki breaking my brain, but the action in this episode is pretty cool. Like when Kumoko slammed the venom in the eel.

Also the more I watch the OP the more I feel like I can extrapolate about the show. like when the demon lord bites into the world and the blood that drips down turns into webbing and I just now realized that's Julius's scarf his isekai brother is holding near the end.

Finally I can't believe I'm saying this, but Natsume thinking this is supposed to be his power fantasy isekai is interesting and I'm kinda curious to see where that goes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That scene at the end when she got the extra skills is so good.

Real good episode except for some wonky animation during the fight between the princes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Crunchyroll just put out several dubs you got Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, German, French, and English.

Kinda want to check them all out and see how the voices stack up to Aoi Yuuki.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Preview for tomorrow

New Kumoko incoming

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Where did the Kumoko name come from anyway? Actually has she referred herself to Kumoko outside of the ED?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wonder if Fei has the same deal with her fellow baby dragons?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Real good episode, glad I'm not the only one who needs a cheat sheet to keep all these past names and isekai names in line.

that has to be such a lovely way to find out your brother died. "Your brother died, here's the hero title congrats!" Also I don't think I've seen any character throw out as many death flags as Julius did in that short amount time talking to Shun.

As for the demon lord
Definitely a fake out, if it's not that means Kumoko changed her voice from Aoi Yuuki and that's like super evil. The guy Kumoko met was talking about another girl before teleporting to Kumoko and I bet that's who ends up being the demon lord, maybe that's D?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The voice didn't say Parallel Minds hit max level, right? Are more Aoi Yuukis possible?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's real suspicious that Kumoko has no name, even in past episodes when she was looking at her skills sometimes it would show that she has no name.

Now granted I don't know what it could mean, but it makes me suspicious.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How have I not picked up how loving big Kumoko is?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Raenir Salazar posted:

She's always next to other vastly larger monsters.

Bobulus posted:

To be fair, they skipped this scene in the anime:

:stonk:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gyges posted:

I hope she learns how to habla isekai one day. It would suck to only be able to talk to your three other brains and, occasionally, an evil god.

Actually, can she make actual Japanese come out her spider mouth or were her and D talking mentally/magically in Japanese? It'd suck for her to run into someone from the class only for her attempts at Japanese to be unintelligible.

Judging by how she was "chewing out" the adventurers it sounds like the best she can muster are horrifying spider noises.

Also someone was asking what anime onlys thought of the new people and I like them, Ronandt seems like a cool old guy and I hope his serious demeanor in the present was just because of the situation and not because he got traumatized by our spider protagonist, him messing with the other dude is funny so it would suck if he lost that side of him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

One detail I didn't notice until it was pointed out to me, while the POV character is the humans the cave is more dark, the color palette is more dull, and Kumoko's webs are silky-ish, but when we switch back to Kumoko the cave is more lit up, the color palette is more brighter too, and anytime we see Kumoko's web it's kinda chunky looking.

It's a neat detail that works well with the differing POV this episode, just like Kumoko's actual size.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Besides Julius getting presumably getting taken out by a Rot attack followed by Kumoko bragging about her newly gained Rot Eye there's also the OP that shows the lady all in white covered in spider webs in Wakabe's eye. So unless there's something explicitly stating otherwise the Lady in White is clearly Kumoko.

Speaking of the OP the Lady in White doesn't show up in the lineup with the Demon Lord and her generals despite being at the meeting a few episodes ago.

I hope using the OP isn't cheating, it's been fun watching it and putting together the pieces it presents you with.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AlternateNu posted:

How about this: The Demon Lord is Kumoko because she came out of nowhere, uses super strong threads to attack/bind people, and in the OP after she bites the planet, the zoom out with her cloak is overlaid with the four Kumokos.

Gonna focus in on her biting on the planet, which I feel symbolizes that the Demon Lord has plans for destruction. Kumoko seems determined to save the planet, granted 1)We don't what that entails and 2)this is Kumoko 15 years ago so there's a chance she just gives up and decides that she'll be the one to destroy the planet for some reason.

Silver2195 posted:

Has Kumoko ever been portrayed as a particularly good person, though? The way she hasn't met anyone capable of communicating with her makes her hard to morally evaluate, but still, she interacts with the world almost exclusively by killing things. I don't see her killing Julius as particularly out of character.

Is wasp genocide good or bad?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DurosKlav posted:

She's there, she is just way in the background and barely visible.

EDIT:

I'm probably wrong, but my thought is that we havent seen future Kumoko yet, and everything is just a red herring.

Good eye, now I got to rethink some things.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nitrousoxide posted:

What do folks think Fei is going to evolve into?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

a kitten posted:

The same, but with a cute saddle.

Is Fei becoming a Yoshi?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Omnicrom posted:

Do you really think having just one would be enough for an isekai series? This is a genre that also wedded at the hip to harem anime.

Natsume about to further realize he isn't this world's isekai protagonist.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

drat imagine sitting on 40K Skill Points and using almost all of them to unsuccessfully kill a spider.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nitrousoxide posted:

Translated preview of the next episode.

My boy's showing up for the first time.

https://v.redd.it/tpv22a66cip61

I noticed the preview music is different, so we might be getting a new OP for the second half since the preview music has just been an instrumental of the OP.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:sickos:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Holy poo poo when does the full ED come out? I love it so much.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Captain_duck posted:

It's not kumoko but thread title related: "I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level" has its first episode out, and Aoi Yuuki voices the protagonist there to. First episode was ok.

So thats 2 series this season where Aoi Yuuki voices the protagonist. On top of that she is also froggirl in my hero academia which is in its 5th season. There might be more to.

Just watched this and I laughed way too much at her house getting wrecked. She just can't escape it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I think a thing to keep in mind is that Kumoko came out being able fully think. It may not help Kumoko since she can't speak human language, but I'm sure Oka took full advantage ot considering she was born surrounded by elves.

Also Fei's new color scheme is very similar to Kumoko.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zodack posted:

I might have missed it in the anime, but I'm reading through the LN for the first time right now and noticed one of her titles makes her unable to feel guilt. I wonder if they showcase that in the anime or not. Some of my favorite scenes are it doing the smash cuts between Kumoko being a kawaii spider and everyone else being wildly horrified at this insane monster they're looking at

Well there was that group of soldiers she murdered and she justified it as self-defense and then there was the fortifications around the dungeon entrance that was probably built to keep all the monsters in that she wrecked without even thinking about it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is good episode, the back and forth is real nice and kept me on the edge of my seat.

I love this running gag where Kumoko is just enjoying life while something scary is happening behind her unbeknownst to her.

So could Mother have blasted her way out of the labyrinth at any time? Cause that's kinda scary to think about, that at any moment this monster spider could burst out of the ground and start terrorizing the world. Good thing Mother is only after Kumoko right now.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Okay yeah it was just that one other time, but I still love it when it happens.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bobulus posted:

You guys are missing my point. Regardless of the fact that it wouldn't work, I was chuckling at the fact that my friend's first solution to dealing with Mother was 'throw human lives at the problem'. Which... is not offbase for the story we're talking about, but he's going in blind, so it amused me that he was like 'yeah, those aren't main characters, their lives don't matter'.

Are you friends with Zapp Brannigan?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So D's identity

Could it be one of the three students that's not Wakaba that Oka said were dead or was that a misdirect? And did we see any of them in the flashbacks?

Also gotta be honest I laughed

when the cause of death was revealed to be an inadvertent effect of the hero and demon lord trying to kill God. Makes me think that's what Ariel in the future is trying to accomplish now and why Shun got the hero title since she seems to know him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

She also has Parallel Minds Lv. 4 so she also has 3 other brains just chatting it up in her headspace.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The full ED is out, don't know how long this will be up

https://youtu.be/CdkTOWHn2Vc

Aoi Yuuki ftw

Edit: the album on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/2ns1mPPXaNCP1yn7PbHkGx?si=nw9BqQX-QByEQ5ea-D3Q1g&utm_source=copy-link

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 7, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Basgath seems like a cool guy, putting aside him punching Shun, the talk they had about the importance of running away is kinda sweet.

lol at the joke of Kumoko's house always being burned down turning into this cautionary tale adventurers tell around a campfire. If the vestiges didn't go all Nier: Automata I would've assumed they were just the manifestation of anger Kumoko felt anytime her house caught fire.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel kinda bad for Ariel she just wants to smash the bug that's eating her mind, but she's getting unknowingly dragged into war she probably doesn't want to fight.

Although it is funny seeing Potimas go "hmm this must be Ariel's doing :thunk:" before cutting to our protagonist freaking out.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

XboxPants posted:

I've watched this video specifically already, and you can tell me all you want that animating at 12fps looks super cool and stylish and it just looks like trash to me. As far as I'm concerned these guys are completely up their own assholes.

On the topic of the show, I'm pretty impressed with the two adventurer reincarnations and overall the episode wasn't half bad. I still felt like the action in the manga was more intense, but this episode wasn't half bad. Also, stupid Hugo, haha he lost gently caress him.

That's just you then, but it's something animators do and it's not a cost cutting measure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That gif has definitely been posted in this thread at least.