Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Thumposaurus posted:

What are you eating now that you've been educated?
9000mg of sodium a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:
1. NC has marijuana decriminalization from an effort in the late 1970's during the Carter administration to decriminalize marijuana possession nationwide, has nothing at all to do with our hemp farming that started a few years ago. It is very limited in scope and you can still catch a misdemeanor or a felony once you go over certain weight thresholds. In fact, they have put even more restrictions in place on hemp farming since they allowed for hemp farming to take place - see the recent laws/regulations against smokeable hemp, and the increasing scrutiny/difficulty of getting a hemp farming license. I think there are only 13 licensed farms currently. Its worth knowing about that stuff if you're going to help out on a hemp farm, which I'm sure is fun to do. I only say that so you aren't misinformed and get caught up in someone else's bullshit just because you had good intentions and wanted a fun life experience.

2. Your run in with the "corrupt" regular cop was a learning moment. You didn't know due to lack of experience and your privilege as to how bad they can be, until he blew up at you for gathering your own evidence and then doing nothing at all to help you get your money order back. You didn't know that the stove was hot, but you put your hand on it and got burned. I would stop asking the burning hot stove that already burned me for advice on how to best manage my money or find a place to live.

3. For the very important business of securing the back of the truck, I bet you could find a similar style roll door to replace it with. I agree with other posters that finding a 25 year old replacement for a wear component like that on a fleet vehicle would be tough, but I bet a newer one would work just fine, given the opening dimensions should be very similar for one 10-15 years newer. Failing a replacement like that, a regular roll style garage door *might* work, but youll have to do some retrofit for that I'm sure. A comedy option would be those large old timey scissor metal gates they used to use on freight elevators.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

Thumposaurus posted:

What are you eating now that you've been educated?

Only eating one bucket of kfc with Mac and cheese instead of two and two chicken biscuit from McDonald's in the morning.

I need to find a better fast food option til I get out of the habit.

Probably going to cut the Mac and cheese. I normally don't eat it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rytheric posted:

Only eating one bucket of kfc with Mac and cheese instead of two and two chicken biscuit from McDonald's in the morning.

ry get a kitchen

copy
Jul 26, 2007

No way in hell is this true any more no loving way. Like this has to be trolling at this point.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Now imaging if you will that next to the scrap wood shoe matt (damn right im going to have people kick off their shoes before entering my tiny home) a rocking chair or camping chair, and then beside that a small grill or sawn off 55-gallon barrel sitting on top of a wire spool.

Ardemia posted:

1. NC has marijuana decriminalization from an effort in the late 1970's during the Carter administration to decriminalize marijuana possession nationwide, has nothing at all to do with our hemp farming that started a few years ago. It is very limited in scope and you can still catch a misdemeanor or a felony once you go over certain weight thresholds. In fact, they have put even more restrictions in place on hemp farming since they allowed for hemp farming to take place - see the recent laws/regulations against smokeable hemp, and the increasing scrutiny/difficulty of getting a hemp farming license. I think there are only 13 licensed farms currently. Its worth knowing about that stuff if you're going to help out on a hemp farm, which I'm sure is fun to do. I only say that so you aren't misinformed and get caught up in someone else's bullshit just because you had good intentions and wanted a fun life experience.

The lite discrimination im talking about is that while I was cutting hemp with a couple police officers helping out on the farm. The patrolmen were saying that they don't even pull people over anymore for it because they're forced to run a $200 test to determine if they are smoking weed or hemp so their stations policy was to just stop and they observed the general trend of where things were going. Yeah not the most concrete evidence or backed by much other than the patrolmen just don't want the hassle anymore since it's become more of a hassle.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rytheric posted:

Salads from Panera, grilled chicken somethings, Grilled chicken burritos form Chipotle or Moes, anything not fried and full of carbs, Core 21 bowls / salads. poo poo I feel like gas station subs are a choice. Have some yogurt and granola in the AM.. it's easy and quick and can be filling.

BTW 1 McChicken Biscuit (1) 20 grams of fat 46 carbs 1,040MG of Sodium so you've hit your salt intake for the loving day already with 2

STOP EATING

FRIED

CHICKEN

AND CARB BOWLS

EVERY DAY

ITS KILLING YOU

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 3, 2021

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rytheric posted:

You need to get a real place to live before you drop dead. There is not a single healthy fast food option. Stop making excuses jesus christ get your poo poo together.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

It's like this thread is actively designed to draw diehards from different SA subforums here to yell at one person. First it was HCH, then AI, and now YLLS is going to get their turn.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
My wife and I eat poo poo like subway when we're not feeling cooking. It's great for a couple of reasons. The most obvious being that it's relatively healthy. Two is that you get variety prepared vegetables. Ever try to make a single salad? That shits expensive. Subway is an incredible bargain by comparison.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Blowjob Overtime posted:

It's like this thread is actively designed to draw diehards from different SA subforums here to yell at one person. First it was HCH, then AI, and now YLLS is going to get their turn.

hey BFC was in here briefly too!!!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Rytheric posted:

You're loving with us, right?

"I'm eating healthier, I only eat one bucket of fried chicken instead of two" is some straight up autism spectrum thinking. The spreadsheet shows less sodium and fewer calories, so I'm healthier Why am I not at all surprised that you are some kind of engineer?

Guys, guys, I'm eating twice as healthy as I was before, I'm only eating ONE loving BUCKET OF KFC now.

Where's I M Gei, maybe the two of them can discuss the best way to accurately measure the interior framing for the Ryder of Rolling Probable Cause and send Motronic to an early grave.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Rytheric posted:

Lmfao

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Ry this truck is going to kill you not through any direct means but by not having a fridge and food preparation so you can not eat like poo poo.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Separated at birth, I tells ya.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rytheric posted:

I dont drink sugar because I my diabetes.

Type 1 or Type 2?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Rytheric posted:

I get that. I stopped. I typically don't eat that way because I have my money locked away to prevent me from overspending on food.

The cheapest prepared foods are typically the least healthy.

Start normaling right away or you're gonna die dude. The end.

I'd suggest the therapist first, it will make the rest easier/possible.

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Rytheric posted:

Lol. Im have someone else shape the Timbers so I don't have to deal with that. Thanks for checking it out though. Didnt know if anyway one was going to get it and follow along haha. Maybe we could have a book club and the constructionalist can point out potential missing information lol.

I didn't want to DOXX myself earlier in this thread. No one "shapes" timbers. You have them milled from logs and subsequently "cut" your frame. I alluded to my experience having taken a course with Jack Sobon (incidentally sleeping in a pop up camper for a week). The only way timber framing is remotely economical is with access to free logging rights, a mill you own, and a vast array of power tools (not even a chain mortise, just a loving corded drill). I have cut and constructed one tree-house, two barns, and two sheds, all new construction. I have helped restore six barns in New England, several of which date to the late 18th century. I am a member of the Timber Framing Guild.

If you mean "shaping" as in you'll have a pre-cut timber frame to be delivered on site and you construct it that shouldn't take more than a day with a few cases of beers and a few buddies. If instead you mean a cut list that you will single handedly lay out and cut by hand with "big chisels" and whatever monstrosity of a saw you butchered your truck framing with ...

I can just envision a pile of once noble trees turned into thousands of dollars worth of mycelium substrate on property you don't own while you chant "Earth-ship!" in a plume of exhaust with hopes your CPAP runs overnight. Timber framing has become a rich man's game akin to lobster, in far more ways than one. loving. Stick. Build. Your. Shack.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

copy posted:

No way in hell is this true any more no loving way. Like this has to be trolling at this point.

I want to :emptyquote: this

Rytheric posted:

:psyduck:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Miloshe posted:

I have cut and constructed one tree-house, two barns, and two sheds, all new construction. I have helped restore six barns in New England, several of which date to the late 18th century. I am a member of the Timber Framing Guild.

Surely this time he will listen!

Narrator Voice: He didn't.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
RyGuy, on some level, I respect your desire to fend for yourself and forge from nothing, but you need to address a lot of other things in your life first before you can adequately handle these projects you're hoping to take on, including this truck of yours.

Please re-evaluate your living situation, so you can learn how to maintain a healthy diet. Otherwise, you aren't even going to get the opportunity to Timberframe, because you are going to drop dead for unrelated reasons. You have existing health conditions that need to be managed, and living out of a truck (that's homelessness) and eating fast food is not managing these conditions.

You have what sounds like a stable job with good income and health insurance, and that is far more than many people in this country and many people who browse these forums have. Please don't waste it.

Rent an apartment with a kitchen, talk to your doctor about your existing conditions, learn how to eat (check out the cooking subforum), figure out if your health insurance will allow you to speak to a mental health professional.

Please, no one wants you to die, and we're willing to help if you're willing to listen.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I want to echo this:

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

RyGuy, on some level, I respect your desire to fend for yourself and forge from nothing, but you need to address a lot of other things in your life first before you can adequately handle these projects you're hoping to take on, including this truck of yours.

Please re-evaluate your living situation, so you can learn how to maintain a healthy diet. Otherwise, you aren't even going to get the opportunity to Timberframe, because you are going to drop dead for unrelated reasons. You have existing health conditions that need to be managed, and living out of a truck (that's homelessness) and eating fast food is not managing these conditions.

You have what sounds like a stable job with good income and health insurance, and that is far more than many people in this country and many people who browse these forums have. Please don't waste it.

Rent an apartment with a kitchen, talk to your doctor about your existing conditions, learn how to eat (check out the cooking subforum), figure out if your health insurance will allow you to speak to a mental health professional.

Please, no one wants you to die, and we're willing to help if you're willing to listen.

I understand the desire to have your own home that is yours as opposed to an apartment. It's a good goal to have. However, there is nothing wrong with renting an apartment in the meantime. You'll have your own kitchen, your own bath and shower, a place to build your MurderHouse model, and a safe spot to sleep at night. The money you pay toward rent might seem like a waste, but think of it more as an expense that allows you to cut back on costs like buying gas to run your truck to recharge your battery or purchasing fast food because you don't have a place to store or cook cheaper, healthier alternatives. It will serve you better than living in the truck.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Also, stop refusing medical treatment because you think other people need it more, they don't. You're the one who needs it more right now so you don't die.

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Motronic posted:

Surely this time he will listen!

Narrator Voice: He didn't.

I think with the maturation of the forums you'll agree this is no longer about conversing with Ry but rather warning the few people reading this thinking, "this guy might be on to something!"

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

copy posted:

of course, but its still entertaining as gently caress

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
Ry, buddy, I know the dog pile is growing. I still want you to succeed, but you are making it hard to root for you. There are better options health wise than fried chicken and Mac and cheese. Eating a foot long subway sandwich is probably healthier! I would bet even the meatball sandwich is healthier. AND SUBWAY HAS COUPONS TO GET IT CHEAPER!

Rytheric posted:

Here is a link to a YouTube video of someone making a box truck tiny home. https://youtu.be/7ohdKusa6zg

I want to touch on this because people haven't talked about it yet. Before I say anything I say again I want you to succeed. This is a great video! There's a few things I noticed right away about the video. They are using power tools, it's clear they aren't living in the truck as they fix it up, there are two people doing the work. The first one is obvious, if you can use power tools you should. The second point's takeaway is a little less obvious that maybe needs to be spelled out. It's clear these two have a home and a level of stability that is allowing them to not feel the stresses that would cause them to be delayed in their goals. One of the most important thing I tell everyone I speak to about success is to be successful the first ingredient is stability. You have to have a stable life; know where your next meal is coming, know you have a roof to sleep under, and know your health is going to be at least a little steady. Think about any project you're doing, we'll use building a chair as an example. The first step is having a plan of what you want it to look like. That's wrong though, the real first step is having the stability to be able to pursue the act of building a chair the second step is wanting to have a home crafted chair vs buying one, and the third step is drawing out the plans. Finally, there are two people doing the work. I'm not going to say a support system is a necessity because I have been successful without having a support system. But I've done projects both with a support system and without and it's far easier to do it with a support system.

My last post is still accurate. If you're going to succeed you need to focus on just a few things at a time. I think what you really need to focus on first is attaining a level of stability and a level of healthy to move onto the next project. Also, don't do the porch thing. The video you shared has them take off the door and put up a wall with a regular door. You could do that. Your porch can be the grass outside the door.

Earth fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 3, 2021

The_Muncher
Mar 2, 2021

Ardemia posted:

3. For the very important business of securing the back of the truck, I bet you could find a similar style roll door to replace it with. I agree with other posters that finding a 25 year old replacement for a wear component like that on a fleet vehicle would be tough, but I bet a newer one would work just fine, given the opening dimensions should be very similar for one 10-15 years newer. Failing a replacement like that, a regular roll style garage door *might* work, but youll have to do some retrofit for that I'm sure. A comedy option would be those large old timey scissor metal gates they used to use on freight elevators.

They even make insulated ones:

https://www.whitingdoor.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&page_id=55

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Miloshe posted:

I think with the maturation of the forums you'll agree this is no longer about conversing with Ry but rather warning the few people reading this thinking, "this guy might be on to something!"

Given that Ry is still engaging with us, I'm hoping it's both.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Ya but that fucks up his vibe of chillin' the back of his truk eating tendies and gazing at the Bojangles parking lot through his french doors.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

Its not that bad honestly.. I was reversing my diabetes precovid pretty well. but I decided to hold off my treatment incase others needed medical treatment last year. Then my insurance switched this year so once I straighten that out I will be back on track again.

there is no way in gently caress that you are "reversing your diabetes ... pretty well" when you were, before this thread, eating upwards of 10k of sodium every day. like, you're eating fast food as your primary source of caloric intake. do you know how much sugar is in a loving mcgriddle or whatever the gently caress?

you also know like.. you can't straight up reverse T2D, right? you can go into remission, but symptoms can (and most likely will) come back at some point.

god loving damnit dude, go to a loving doctor, go loving YESTERDAY.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

tater_salad posted:

Salads from Panera, grilled chicken somethings, Grilled chicken burritos form Chipotle or Moes, anything not fried and full of carbs, Core 21 bowls / salads. poo poo I feel like gas station subs are a choice. Have some yogurt and granola in the AM.. it's easy and quick and can be filling.

Chipotle's kinda up there in sodium, a chicken burrito clocks in at 1000 mg with just tortilla and chicken - no other fillings - according to one source i found. Bowl is a bit better but not great.

The_Muncher
Mar 2, 2021

Earth posted:

Ry, buddy, I know the dog pile is growing. I still want you to succeed, but you are making it hard to root for you. There are better options health wise than fried chicken and Mac and cheese. Eating a foot long subway sandwich is probably healthier! I would bet even the meatball sandwich is healthier. AND SUBWAY HAS COUPONS TO GET IT CHEAPER!

I want to touch on this because people haven't talked about it yet. Before I say anything I say again I want you to succeed. This is a great video! There's a few things I noticed right away about the video. They are using power tools, it's clear they aren't living in the truck as they fix it up, there are two people doing the work. The first one is obvious, if you can use power tools you should. The second point's takeaway is a little less obvious that maybe needs to be spelled out. It's clear these two have a home and a level of stability that is allowing them to not feel the stresses that would cause them to be delayed in their goals. One of the most important thing I tell everyone I speak to about success is to be successful the first ingredient is stability. You have to have a stable life; know where your next meal is coming, know you have a roof to sleep under, and know your health is going to be at least a little steady. Think about any project you're doing, we'll use building a chair as an example. The first step is having a plan of what you want it to look like. That's wrong though, the real first step is having the stability to be able to pursue the act of building a chair the second step is wanting to have a home crafted chair vs buying one, and the third step is drawing out the plans. Finally, there are two people doing the work. I'm not going to say a support system is a necessity because I have been successful without having a support system. But I've done projects both with a support system and without and it's far easier to do it with a support system.

My last post is still accurate. If you're going to succeed you need to focus on just a few things at a time. I think what you really need to focus on first is attaining a level of stability and a level of healthy to move onto the next project. Also, don't do the porch thing. The video you shared has them take off the door and put up a wall with a regular door. You could do that. Your porch can be the grass outside the door.

I don't even think the truck is even necessarily the worst idea if he'd make a few compromises for safety and focuses on an action plan he needs to complete before he loses the room he's renting. But like, dude needs a door, and a power system that can run a hotplate and a refrigerator. Aside from that I would prioritize getting some basic walls and insulation going, seal the deck so the exhaust isn't pouring in. It sounds like he has the resources to accomplish this, and tbh, I would be envious of having a mobile home that I owned outright, but he keeps not doing the sensible thing because he's wacky, or mentally ill, or eccentric or whatever you want to call it.

Big Taint posted:

Ya but that fucks up his vibe of chillin' the back of his truk eating tendies and gazing at the Bojangles parking lot through his french doors.

It rolls up?!!!?!

The_Muncher fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Mar 3, 2021

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

The_Muncher posted:

It rolls up?!!!?!

Do you realize how noisy that is jfc

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The_Muncher posted:

I don't even think the truck is even necessarily the worst idea if he'd make a few compromises for safety and focuses on an action plan he needs to complete before he loses the room he's renting. But like, dude needs a door, and a power system that can run a hotplate and a refrigerator.

Have you ever spent a few weeks in an RV, cooking your own meals? Provisioning and storage are a huge deal and everything is more effort. You also have running water, both hot and cold in a proper RV. And an oven. And a counter. And cabinets/drawers to prepare food on, store cutlery, cooking utensils, pots, pans, dishes, etc. And a proper stove with a vent hood so you don't smoke out/steam out the interior.

There is no reality in which a hotplate and a refrigerator in the back of a box truck is a reasonable plan for preparing your own meals for even the medium term.

Rytheric
Jan 26, 2021

Johnny Truant posted:

there is no way in gently caress that you are "reversing your diabetes ... pretty well" when you were, before this thread, eating upwards of 10k of sodium every day. like, you're eating fast food as your primary source of caloric intake. do you know how much sugar is in a loving mcgriddle or whatever the gently caress?

you also know like.. you can't straight up reverse T2D, right? you can go into remission, but symptoms can (and most likely will) come back at some point.

god loving damnit dude, go to a loving doctor, go loving YESTERDAY.

So my diet was mode 1 which was fresh fruits and veges on a plant based diet and I was walking to whole foods each day to get it when I was reversing it. I was down to 6.6 on my a1c from 7.4. I had only recently transitioned into diabetes so my doctor said I still had a chance of reversing it. My cholesterol dropped from 250 I think down to somewhere in the 100s. And my blood pressure was okay.

I went out of town to drill for solar panel farms in Ohio, Indiana, and South Carolina which messed up what I was doing royally and got me back on my fast food addiction.

Then when i got home I would only eat fast food places where I could safely park my box truck which quickly reduced to kfc.

I just need to lock my money up again and find time to shop.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Rytheric posted:

I just need to lock my money up again and find time to shop.

and go to a doctor

you have health insurance dude, seriously, schedule a goddamn appointment.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Rytheric posted:

I went out of town to drill for solar panel farms

Those things come out of WELLS? Holy poo poo. I never knew.

(seriously, you need to explain this)

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Motronic posted:

Those things come out of WELLS? Holy poo poo. I never knew.

(seriously, you need to explain this)

*puts on construction hat*

another fine day, time to go back to the solar panel farm mines

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I refer to my previous post.

Close the thread. We're just watching someone kill themselves at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Reading today has reminded me that I'm super glad I revised my diet.