Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Bread chat, someone got me a bread cloche for Christmas and I just got myself a banneton and am trying my hand at proper fancy loaves.

https://twitter.com/noxvillewy/status/1355843630116859909?s=21

Not getting quite the rise I’d hoped but it may be because my sourdough culture is still young?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Skarsnik posted:

I've started proving in the oven with just the light turned on

My oven does have a specific ‘bread prove’ setting and it’s been super handy

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/steven_swinford/status/1356880759206907906?s=21

I’m still sceptical but the government is somehow managing to surpass every expectation in vaccination rollout so far so this seems promising. Just don’t read the replies.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Pistol_Pete posted:

“Our problem is that the public wants Boris Johnson to do well. They think he’s had a really bad hand and they want him to succeed. We haven’t got permission to be in the room.”

loving tell they still don’t get that the reason the public hasn’t turned on Boris is because nobody spent time hitting him on all the catastrophic fuckups last year that resulted in 100,000 dead! Stupid poo poo party, gently caress Labour.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

kingturnip posted:

And, alarmingly, I'm at risk of praising something this government is doing. Although, it'll have to survive being watered down by the servants of the blood god currently sitting on the Tory backbenches.

I was just saying to my other half how I was getting a bit freaked out with how competently they’d handled the pandemic so far thus year, at least since cancelling Christmas. I don’t want to pin everything on person but I feel we did see a big change when Cummings got hosed off in that Johnson is no longer chasing temporary populist boosts in favour of taking a longer view.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Having a million to retire on at 45 essentially means saving £50,000 a year. Which even with zero outgoings through sponging of your parents still requires you to be earning at least £50,000 a year. Which I’m gonna say is not easily achievable for most.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

It’s only gonna get worse as vaccinations continue to ramp up, things reopen, and we return to some degree of normality while the Tories crow about it.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Comrade Fakename posted:

I thought he exaggerated the sinister intent behind Pokemon Go quite a lot.

Haven’t watched it yet, what does he say?

It’s well known that Ingress, the first game from Pokémon Go’s makers was supported by Google to get data to fill in Google Map’s idea of where footpaths are by tracking where people walk. But I don’t think there’s anything to Pokemon Go besides ‘make a fuckton of money’

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Utterly demented. Lol at the Antisemitism Tsar joining in for a bit of cyber bullying

I won’t watch anything with Eddie Marsan any more cos he’s such a bully and a oval office on Twitter, hope that doesn’t make me an antisemite too

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I’m not sure I’d agree that Corbyn has weak political instincts, he seemed to be one of a handful of people in the party who realised that Brexit couldn’t or wouldn’t be halted but ended up having to thread a needle to keep the soft left who want it cancelled onside. Compare it to the comical lack of nous that Starmer has displayed since (and indeed before, given Labour’s disastrous Brexit strategy was his responsibility all along)

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Big fan of the utter meaninglessness of this since ‘build back better’ already implies that you’re replacing something that exists (or used) to with something different and better

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lol at the calls for unity after spending four years slagging the poo poo out of Corbyn

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

It’s middle class as all hell, but truffle honey is incredible with cheese. Had a cheese board at a restaurant a couple of years ago and they had a smoked Brie which with the truffle honest was lifechanging.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/ayocaesar/status/1363463041334018049?s=21

Lol at how stupid and disingenuous this argument is. If this is his reasoning, surely he should support decriminalising possession and allowing people to grow their own.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

stev posted:

Lmao the current plan is to throw open weddings the day before ours is currently booked for. So that'll be completely impossible to plan and very expensive to move if these dates actually do come true.

Yeah was getting very, very angry this morning about the probably premature reopening because I get married in the middle of August and was hoping with vaccination, currently dropping positive rates, and the summer lull we’d be able to go ahead with our wedding as planned and now they’re just going to gently caress it all up and have another surge in a months time and nothing will be sorted by then. Johnson and Starmer can both go jump in front of a train and do us all a favour

Noxville fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 22, 2021

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

https://twitter.com/CllrAnnaRothery/status/1364251466031108097

Shes not going to stand for the NIP, shes just going to sue them instead. Best decision imo.

I dunno, what’s going to come of it? They’re never going to let her stand for any position of significance anyway whether she wins or not.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Comrade Fakename posted:

I don’t think it’s likely to happen as not enough people pay close enough attention to local politics, but if left-wing Labour councillors did much better than right-wing ones, it would be very hard for Keith to spin that as a victory for him.

Nobody is going to pay any attention to the individual politics of a handful of councillors out of thousands.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

20 points ahead. Of the Lib Dems.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Oh dear me posted:

By remembering I don't live in Liverpool. The left has a narrow lead in my constituency and I'm staying while I can help keep it, and so keep our best candidacies and conference votes from going to melts. When we've lost our ability to do that I'll leave, no problem. I just don't believe in handing victory to the right on a plate.

Have you learned nothing from the last five years? The left will never ‘win the argument’ with the Labour right because they will not be ALLOWED to.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lmao

https://twitter.com/richardburgon/status/1365272738890457091?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

What the hell there are people who don’t like hash browns, my god

Tomatoes are the first thing to go from that plate. Wouldn’t really miss the mushrooms either but I’d eat them still