Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
tbh the hours of story content locking you out of the daily stuff isnt bcos of the palace structure and p4g also does that lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
persona 5, is good. a universal truth.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Harrow posted:

Persona 5 makes a few small changes to Persona combat (and one big one) and they add up to make it an absolute joy to play.

Small changes include:
  • The action menu on a character's turn maps each option to a face button instead of having you scroll through a menu. That is, you hit Triangle to open the skills menu instead of scrolling to Skills and hitting X. This is something Yakuza: Like a Dragon does as well and I love it. (And Super Mario RPG way back on the SNES, for that matter. It was brilliant then and it's brilliant now.)
  • Characters summon their personas right when you open the skill menu, not as part of the "use skill" animation. It's a tiny time save per action but it really adds up.
  • The protagonist can switch personas from within the skill menu instead of making "switch persona" a separate menu.
And then the big one is Baton Pass. I played some Persona 4 yesterday and it felt so restrictive without the ability to pass my 1 More to someone else. Baton Pass feels so good to use.

the one thing i kind of miss is the card stuff lol i like they added negotiations from the mainline but also... i like the card minigame...

Real hurthling! posted:

i hope smt5 comes out and changes things up. i feel like the press turn system just makes me build all my demons into rainbows of every element type so that i can just press turn over and over no matter what pops up and thats kinda boring idk.

they should keep press turn which owns and concentrate on making something thats more interesting than 4.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
smt4 overplayed its hand with the tech stuff being foreshadowed extremely early, but that was also the only thing that got me to keep playing it, the promise of escaping fantasy/medieval land, and then it was tokyo but not as cool as nocturne and also the game has taken a generational leap back for the 3ds and half the sprites are drawn by a fifth grader for some reason and i stopped playing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
the minotaur design was cool though

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
yeah exactly, it was exactly long enough for me to not drop off bcos i dont like those kind of settings when genuine, but i also feel like keeping it really close to the chest and doing a big reveal wouldve been really good. def give it props for it tho, really good intro bait and switch.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
although persona 5 pc would be cool i think i would prefer either or both of persona 3 for pc that is both fes and portable but fixes portables issues and smt 5 pc

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Cardiovorax posted:

What I'd like to see repeated in an SMT game would be Digital Devil Saga 2's "joint attack" system, or whatever they called it. Basically, if you had certain abilities on all your characters, you could use all their turns at the same time to apply a combined effect of a higher tier. Get enough debuffs on each character and you can group-cast Debilitate, for example. Since the game used press-turn and you couldn't go into the negatives, this was a really useful way to get the most out of a leftover turn and do some real damage. It also gave some tactical complexity to your loadout because it didn't just matter how good each ability was on its own, but also what it could give you when combined with others.

this

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

lets hang out posted:

i just finished smt3 on hard mode and spent the first third of the game getting randomly sent back to the title screen by bad dice rolls. it happened less often after that but sometimes beelzebub just decides to do his almighty attack twice and whoops it hits for more than half everyone's hp both times

nocturne hard mode feels like its almost a joke put in there to spite people, because normal is already difficult. hard mode is just dice rolls like u said.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Jay Rust posted:

One time I used the word “anime” around my dad (probably complaining about how bad it is and how it ruined video games) but my dad didn’t know what it meant so I had to say, “Japanese animation”

truly committed to owning yourself in front of your father

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
mass effect was never good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
agreed why would they make any meaningful changes when they could do less than a well made mod and charge full price

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Simone Magus posted:

Imagine Dragons

cmon lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
radioactive

radioactive

woooaahhhaaooooaahhhh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
couldnt name another song catch me over here listening to fka t wigs

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Rarity posted:

I've been wanting to get into her, can you recommend any particular songs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhbbEUJ2TF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1SAUKy0SVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZruInYsvwuY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hky6cifwWyo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq1uQCOfRIQ

its possible shes never made a bad track awooo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
the best fighting game trilogy is street fighter 3

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

third strike is the pinnacle of SF

its true

homeless snail posted:

weird way to spell super turbo

turbo is the game old people like because they dont have to deal with the pure skill expression of 3s

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
they should do a 40k one

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Mode 7 posted:

Maaaaan the amount of time I poured into the Micro Machines games and Rock & Roll Racing as a kid.

Have there been any modern indie recreations of those isometric-style racers? There's gotta be enough nostalgia out there for someone to have made something surely.

there was mashed on the ps2/xbox lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
letting you do wacky things is by itself good combat and thats why just cause combat is better than doom

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
its actually street fighter 1 to 2

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
can hear every animal call before they hit

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
also who prefers tooie to bk lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
people havnt turned on tooie, no one liked it at the time either

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Weedle posted:

started king's field (king's field 2 jp) last night. seems cool and i immediately felt the same mix of curiosity and foreboding that dark souls put in me, where i really want to know what's around the corner but i'm afraid to go see. i didn't play much because i wasn't feeling well but i'm excited to pick it up again tonight. the controls are really bad though and my emulator doesn't have rebinding. look up/down on l2/r2. yikes

what ps1 emu doesnt have rebinding...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Kerrzhe posted:

good. die, you stupid worthless company.

probably not going to kill them

https://twitter.com/zhugeex/status/1357437971629228033?s=21

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

NutritiousSnack posted:

They anime dating sims, before anime dating sim JRPGs were a thing in the West.

??

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
slamming the desk and yelling about how everyone played mass effect for the butt shots ironically showing my whole rear end in the process

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

cheetah7071 posted:

I replayed 1 and 2 last year and played 3 for the first time and they're all perfectly good games for the most part but they have a really outsized place in the gamer zeitgeist compared to their quality. Maybe because there's just a severe lack of decent space space opera games? idk

the real bioware gem from that era is clearly dragon age 2

this is true of many games from that era

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
what if i want a space whatever game that is the opposite of mass effect

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
i would love an actual star trek game but it absolutely wouldnt look like mass effect, would be more of a vn probably than anything

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

yes!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Violen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v-Cksw9D1U

they mustve realized and felt bad deep down about how sadistic these jetboard and bear levels are because this was in the first handful of feeling it out probing runs and i wound up accidentally getting the platinum despite missing like 15 seconds of time boxes and wasting a ton of time dodging nitro carriers and setting off tnt blockades too late. this platinum req feels like a silent apology for the perfect relic LMAO

praying for pc port...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
want to play this now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
if theres a black hole in a space game the first thing im doing is launching myself into it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

exquisite tea posted:

He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is ­unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably ­arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

is this angry video game nerd

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
my main memory of playing the anthem beta was an elite enemy that regened shields during my gun reloading

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Rinkles posted:

it's not a single filtering method. i was testing different kinds.

turn them all off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Rinkles posted:

Persona 5 Strikers is on PC and Switch (and PS4), despite the original and Royal being PlayStation only :psyduck:

p4a is on 360 and persona q is a 3ds exclusive

Rinkles posted:

some games it can help, MML might not need it (or it might even make it worse)

mml already has a version with it filtering by default on n64 and everyone agrees its the worse looking version for it