Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

GolfHole posted:

im not a mod but im officially closing this thread, golfhole's law

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
new account locked and loaded, i will post hourly update itt about the food i am getting, i am currently weighing my options of a local chicken place with good spicy chickens, chick fil a, and outback steakhouse. blooming onion is good, but i wanna get healthier food

GolfHole posted:

im not a mod but im officially closing this thread, golfhole's law

times up

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Unless you’re gonna tip, don’t bother

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Unless you’re gonna tip, don’t bother

i will think about this, thank you

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
get a swear jar and put one dollar in it everytime you say gently caress and you will be able to tip the loving driver

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Congradulations op, I will be giving you a probation as long as the amount of money you spent on uber eats without tipping, one day at a time, see you in 830 hours dumbass.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
wow that's alot of hours

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Congradulations op, I will be giving you a probation as long as the amount of money you spent on uber eats without tipping, one day at a time, see you in 830 hours dumbass.

lol

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
lol, thanks HGB

If anyone else “doesn’t get” tipping, it’s exists because our worker protections are so terrible that a business owner can say “I will pay you less than min wage and tips will make up the difference (usually)” and people will take it because they can’t find better work.

The business owner makes the same amount regardless but if a customer breaches the social contract by not paying the tip it is like stealing wages from the worker. They are literally only doing the work for you because they have the understanding that most people will pay them.

If you don’t tip you are 100% supporting the businesses that use the system, the only way not to, is get that if you can’t afford to tip the sub-minimum wage worker, then you can’t afford to make an order. Yes tipping is an awful system. A lot of it is based on the post-war-South, when business owners wouldn’t pay the freed slaves anything and tips were the only wage. Don’t rip off the most vulnerable people in society.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

teardrop posted:

lol, thanks HGB

If anyone else “doesn’t get” tipping, it’s exists because our worker protections are so terrible that a business owner can say “I will pay you less than min wage and tips will make up the difference (usually)” and people will take it because they can’t find better work.

The business owner makes the same amount regardless but if a customer breaches the social contract by not paying the tip it is like stealing wages from the worker. They are literally only doing the work for you because they have the understanding that most people will pay them.

If you don’t tip you are 100% supporting the businesses that use the system, the only way not to, is get that if you can’t afford to tip the sub-minimum wage worker, then you can’t afford to make an order. Yes tipping is an awful system. A lot of it is based on the post-war-South, when business owners wouldn’t pay the freed slaves anything and tips were the only wage. Don’t rip off the most vulnerable people in society.

All of this.

Also if you're gonna order, at least order directly from a place instead of giving a single cent to Ubereats, Skip, whatever. They're leeching the gently caress off local businesses.
Even if you're getting a super deal on that heart attack combo.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

this mfer eat boneless wings. that's shameful

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It owns that eating out in America is extremely expensive even when you disregard that arbitrary taxes and charges aren't even included in the prices so it's always a surprise what things actually cost, and then an additiinal 10-20% on top of that because they also expect you to pay the wages of the workers directly for some insane reason.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

it's more unethical that you don't tip than that you're exploiting promo codes, hth

:hmmyes:

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol does this include the 4 dollars in his later post

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Or you could just learn how to cook OP.

Wings and fries are really loving easy to make.

I've been cooking from home since the pandemic started. I can probably count the times I've dined out on one hand.... but what's your Wings trick? I've tried deep frying, baking, etc, but I'm starting to think the wings I buy at the store just aren't great quality. I've done a bake, toss, then broiler to crisp up, then another toss, things like this, but do you have any tips?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
When I worked restaurant our wings were half-cooked in the oven and then into the deep fryer for 3 minutes. Didn't do breading, though.

Another place I worked just did the raw wings into the fryer, 8 minutes.

I never really noticed a difference. They were wings.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Ive used Alton browns recipe from good eats for wings and always thought they turned out nice

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/buffalo-wings-recipe-1937515

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Dear Watson posted:

Ive used Alton browns recipe from good eats for wings and always thought they turned out nice

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/buffalo-wings-recipe-1937515

Nice, Alton Brown recipes rule. I use his method for turkey every year.

I like what he's doing there. When we par-baked the wings they ended up sitting in a shallow pool of gelatinous goo, which I'm assuming is connective gunk that got melted in the oven. So, steaming out the goo before they hit the oven makes a lot of sense.

Did you know he went back to college to study food science after he became a broadcaster? Explains a lot.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tip in physical cash but not thru the app

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Hell Yeah posted:

this mfer eat boneless wings. that's shameful

what a fucker

in the before times I'd go to the US a couple of times a year for work

once I checked into my hotel after the 20 hour journey I'd rip straight over to one of your great bars and get a big ol' plate of buffalo wings and a beer (blue moon or sam adams or somethign usually). loving owns

eating those tendies like a 4chan manchild is some bullshit. eating 36 of them, ordered off of ubereats, with lovely rear end soggy fries, without tipping the peep who kindly brought them to your slovenly rear end during a global pandemic is dogshit. gently caress this arabian dicks person

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Tunicate posted:

Tip in physical cash but not thru the app

Doesn't really work in this era of no-contact delivery

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i havent touched physical money in like 7 years

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

You don’t drop $830 a month on Uber Eats by using it “occasionally” lmao

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i will consider this, but i am poor

I’m not surprised with how much you’re blowing on takeaways lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

i will think about this, thank you

we did it reddit

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

GolfHole posted:

i havent touched physical money in like 7 years

to make it delay longer?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Gentle Autist posted:

what a fucker

in the before times I'd go to the US a couple of times a year for work

once I checked into my hotel after the 20 hour journey I'd rip straight over to one of your great bars and get a big ol' plate of buffalo wings and a beer (blue moon or sam adams or somethign usually). loving owns

eating those tendies like a 4chan manchild is some bullshit. eating 36 of them, ordered off of ubereats, with lovely rear end soggy fries, without tipping the peep who kindly brought them to your slovenly rear end during a global pandemic is dogshit. gently caress this arabian dicks person

My Aussie relatives always crave Buffalo wings, it never occurred to me but you really don’t see them anywhere else in the world but the sauce is not exported since it’s not really considered an “American food” unlike loving hot dogs or peanut butter or whatever.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

My Aussie relatives always crave Buffalo wings, it never occurred to me but you really don’t see them anywhere else in the world but the sauce is not exported since it’s not really considered an “American food” unlike loving hot dogs or peanut butter or whatever.

This is a great business idea. I have an older cousin in Ireland who got rich after a trip to America when he realized that toilet paper didn't have to have the consistency of wax paper. Built his fortune importing toilet paper. Now he's retired and does reforesting or something. Anyway, hotwings in Australia. Why not?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

theres an age every young person eventually reaches where they no longer want their chicken to taste like vinegar

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

we did it reddit

i tip 20% now, mods u can stop probating me over and over thanke

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

my work here is done thank you for being cool

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://twitter.com/acechhh/status/1359684951776636929

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Arabian diiiicks
like arabian wiiiings
more often than not
eats out quite a lot
and tips just ok

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Now order your wings with bones in them, you dumb gently caress.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
What the gently caress is wrong with you OP?

This is a rhetorical question, I can safely make several assumptions about what is wrong with you from your text.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

my work here is done thank you for being cool

heh that was a like you big idiot i can't belive you fell for it

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Evil Bob posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you OP?

This is a rhetorical question, I can safely make several assumptions about what is wrong with you from your text.

i was really bad at public speaking until i had this unironic surreal epiphanic insight one day sitting in class. i was holding my breath for 2 minutes at a time bored while waiting for my turn to present my essay in front of the mostly female class getting stressed about my speech, wondering if i would ever get p*ss if i hosed it up. it was a "it's all in my head" kind of thing, but it was like a totally realized thought that i could apply when i public spoke. intentional disassociation. idk if i'm mentally ill because i've never heard of things like this clicking for others but it was mad cool. i apply this to other parts of my life when i roleplay myself in the bedroom with my kinky girlfriend. i continue to hold my breath whenever bored for long periods of time, my longest is 3 minutes and 41 seconds. peace

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

i was really bad at public speaking until i had this unironic surreal epiphanic insight one day sitting in class. i was holding my breath for 2 minutes at a time bored while waiting for my turn to present my essay in front of the mostly female class getting stressed about my speech, wondering if i would ever get p*ss if i hosed it up. it was a "it's all in my head" kind of thing, but it was like a totally realized thought that i could apply when i public spoke. intentional disassociation. idk if i'm mentally ill because i've never heard of things like this clicking for others but it was mad cool. i apply this to other parts of my life when i roleplay myself in the bedroom with my kinky girlfriend. i continue to hold my breath whenever bored for long periods of time, my longest is 3 minutes and 41 seconds. peace

loving tip rear end in a top hat.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I believe this person is also lying about spending 830 a month on delivery tbh

Or lying about being poor

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
lol come on man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Did you ever get the piss, op?