Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

they were succ zone threads

when will the actual succ zone thread be unlocked?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3958554

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

spacemang_spliff posted:

gassed before its time

lmao. I just checked it too.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

the actual admins are mad/having a tantrum, just let our brave mods be their low energy patsies. u just wait em out. not like they actually care. That and its drat funny+we get to roast our mods in the interregnum.

yep just gotta wait until the storm passes. they will run out of energy or get distracted soon enough

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Time’s Up chair defends Goldman Sachs against sexual harassment lawsuit

tldr is that the top person at Time's Up sees no problem with representing corporations in sexual harassment cases.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

neoliberals loving hate it when you put a name on their ideology

or when saying that they are intensely ideological

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

i still hold nichael personally responsible for russiagate

i had forgiven him for participating in the boston bombing but my forgiveness ran out when russiagate came around

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

1stGear posted:

That also just clinches it that Trump will not be facing any criminal or civil cases either.

yep. trump is going to skate on every single thing

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

this all feels like a significant boost to trump in 2024. the dems tried to take him on again and they lost! sad!

plus, this a big chilling effect to any attempts to prosecute trump for other actions

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

:chaostrump: anti-mattering field is fully operational :chaostrump:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

I THINK the plan was to have republicans stonewall the process thus winning dems an Optics victory among the precious republican voters

instead it's just "cowardly dems powerless in the face of Honesty and Integrity, Donald J Trump"

I didn't have "dems in 2021-2024 making donnie look good and powerful" on my bingo card.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

i'd say there should be a rule that the senate is not allowed to adjourn until they accomplish anything at all but I think that would be qualified as calling for violence seeing as how they'd all immediately starve to death

they did accomplish something though. . .congratulating the bucs for winning the superbowl.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

btw, all of this crap we are seeing is why the cardinals get locked up and put on bread and water rations until they pick a new pope

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Eggplant Squire posted:

The funniest outcome at this point is Trump winning in 2024 and twitter saying he can't communicate with the public through their platform in any way, even through official government statements.

really boosts his distant, exiled hero king cred.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the 2016 lover posted:

when trump runs & wins again all the journalists are gonna be forced to join his reskinned phpbb "Trumper" to report on his posts

forced to use ancient forum software as abusive control isn't the cyberpunk future I anticipated

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

wait the impeachment poo poo failed already? lol

they closed it up on a saturday so that no one will notice

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

it is something something awful posters are uniquely prepared for though

woah whoa

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/taragolshan/status/1362455120018038789

love that our overlords are entirely disconnected from actual costs and the value of money. they really do think that rent is $25 a month.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Majorian posted:

You should hear her talk.

nope you shouldn't. don't watch the video.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Reality Protester posted:

Kamala Harris Gives Her Signature Power Suit a Soft Touch in a Slouchy Turtleneck & the Sleekest Pumps

Claudia Miller

February 18, 2021, 6:45 am

Vice President Kamala Harris joined President Joe Biden yesterday as they met with a group of labor leaders at the White House; the meeting was to address Biden’s American Rescue Plan, a $1.9 trillion relief package for the nation, as well to discuss the President’s infrastructure plan for his term.

For the event, the group came together in the Oval Office with proper social distancing and face masks in tow. Harris herself went formal, matching the room in respective suits and blazers; the vice president gave her power suit a more comfortable finish, though, as she layered in a slouchy tan turtleneck sweater underneath the black ensemble.

As for footwear, the vice president opted for her favorite heels as well. The sleek pointed-toe pumps highlight all-black uppers with a patent sheen, rounded uppers and a steep stiletto heel, bearing resemblance to the Manolo Blahnik set she chose on Inauguration Day. Similar designs retail for $665 on Farfetch.com.

I am finding irony in the press' adoration of first female president's clothing choices for the day.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Biden tweet is la persuasive message advocating for direct stimulus payments. It is trying to disarm the negative connotations of the term "handouts". Biden has been promoting and advocating for this continuously.

In all seriousness, if you do not understand that is the meaning of the message, and you took away the message that Biden was somehow doing the opposite, you need to find different sources of political information, because the ideological frame you are interpreting reality through is making you misunderstand very basic things. It is not informing you. It is hurting you, and it is making it impossible to discuss reality.

If you begin from the assumption of categorical falsehood, you have assumed a position where no information can ever falsify your position. This doesn't make you smart or insightful, it makes you deluded.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

where's my $2k

I think it's kinda premature to declare who got absolutely nothing / frozen out. We don't even know most of the bigdeal Cabinet/executive branch positions, never mind early policy priorities.

Biden's cabinet picks are to the left of Obama's in part by dint of, for one thing, thus far not being Republicans, but also they've been more widely saluted by progressives than Obama's. I noted Yellen, Haaland, but there are more--Tai, Klein, and Becerra are all further examples of where every other contender for the slot was further right. For others, like Cardona, every single person up for the Cabinet position met with progressive approval.

Becerra was a major proponent of M4A and now he's been chosen for HHS.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

important context is that bill clinton gave more arms to turkey than in the entire previous cold war period combined so they could genocide-murder ~50,000+ kurds and level a bunch of villages in turkey

among the many other times that the kurds have been directly attacked or abandoned by american foreign policy

the handwringing about kurds in the liberal media was purely a concern troll to try to justify increased american escalation in syria

obama didn't get his war in syria and that made him sad. obama stopped being david cameron's friend because of syria.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

bernie sanders once again goes out of his way to destroy a woman's career

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lansdowne posted:

kids in cages 🤗 a us department of health and human services temporary youth shelter for unaccompanied teenagers 🤗

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1364051498506805266

really missing the chance to educate these children as the soldier/administrators of the post biden hell future

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

it is all aesthetics. nothing but aesthetics.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

AOC has always been bad. From day one. She is a lib to the soles of her shoes.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Neera Tanden's past as a union buster is no problem with Keith Ellison, who claims to be a supporter of unions.

This is perfect neoliberal, 3rd way triangulation in action

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Eat poo poo, Bernie. Eat poo poo.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

god I hope he joins gray davis in the losers club

same. this is the best way to derail his 2024 or 2028 ambitions.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Understand your frustration but where the hell have you been the last 4 weeks. Huge stuff getting done. Yes keep pushing.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

how the hell will we get M4A then?

lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Like people are really giving the parliamentarian an enormous amount of power in this fantasy for some reason, where they actually don't have any at all. The only thing they do is determine whether or not something qualifies for the byrd rule (something that can, again, be overridden by senate leadership or the VP) and refers poo poo to committees.

the power of the parliamentarian fiction is extraordinarily useful to both the senate (as a way to divert blame and shrug) and the people, who can hang onto the fiction and not damage their faith in the country or leaders.

Also, and perhaps most significantly, Obama's legacy would even more be destroyed if Biden orders the VP to override the parliamentarian.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

iirc it doesn't actually have to be harris, schumer can also tell her to pound sand if he's leading a session at the time

this would make the "baileys" mad though and chuck's most important constituents is the imaginary family he maintains in his head

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Nothus posted:

I wonder how many times they're going to make the parliamentarian be the scapegoat

Once they start they can't stop. The moment the parliamentarian is overridden, Obama's first term looks even worse.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

QUEER FRASIER posted:

Manchin and Sinema are just convenient scapegoats. Even if the DnD fever dream of the dems picking up two senate seats in 2022 (lol) comes true, there will just be a new excuse. Anyone who lived through the Obama admin knows that if 60 senators couldn't get anything done, 50 or 52 certainly won't

in conclusion everyone who vote scolded for the Democrats is a loving idiot

every day since inauguration has provided further evidence that the claim of "getting a seat at the table" or "push biden left" used by liberal and progressive scolds is a total and utter fraud. the same people who claimed before the election to support applying pressure on biden for leftist policy are now biden's tireless supporters for rightwing policy.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why are this dipshit and gaupo not forumbanned from cspam

snoo was harassed until she left and that makes me sad. i liked those rat pictures.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

hi y’all, i have been enlightened by this bernie staffer — it’s actually sexist to question the parliamentarian

https://twitter.com/garbageape/status/1365359876436856834?s=21

and these were the people bernie selected and bernie trusted, even over the objections of other staffers who recognized them for the wreckers and careerists they are.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

hahaha, check out the story above the parlimentarian paragraph. RBG talking about her colon cancer

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

https://twitter.com/JennieTetreault/status/1365137105718943745?s=19

800 liberals liked a post likening migrant kids to feral cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

he fought drat hard to keep the nomination away from bernie sanders. the barest notion of social democracy is entirely too much for Obama.