Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The dark souls element of the gameplay likely means the fact that you have stamina, which means you can't just keep attacking/cutting wood/mining/running constantly. So don't think it means the game is unforgiving.

You have more stamina with better foods and there is a gameplay way of having better stamina regen at least some of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

OgNar posted:

Which certain enemies seem to keep spawning in our farm and keep destroying the crops.
Anyone that has progressed this far have ideas on that?

We just built a fenced farm right on the edge of plains and black forest, on the edge of water too. Haven't had anything spawn in it yet.

2 star fulings can go f themselves, I'm decked out in the appropriate tier armor sitting at 98 defense and they still do closer to 90 damage. Can't even block it without the 20% movement speed penalty shield

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Inzombiac posted:

Once a boss is spawned, do they ever heal or despawn? The item for this one was a pain to get.

We got our asses kicked by the third boss and left him alone for a couple of irl days while we got some frost arrows, he was still right where we left him.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
In those cases I built platforms around the structure, can even do a whole walkway then tear it down in the end

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Im_Special posted:

^^ Just Cheat Engine, sheesh.

Also how big are your saves getting? My World save is already 50+MB's... and like a tiny tiny fraction of this map is explored, do these things balloon to 200-500MBs eventually?

75MB so far. Not sure what has the highest impact on that, is it exploring, building or mining?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
A million more sales in 5 days

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

DyneAvenger posted:

Is there any confirmed method for doing away with an enemy spawn zone? We found this nice peninsula to build a base on, but these greydwarves spawn on the very end of it every couple of in-game hours and we are constantly having to pause to fight them off. I tried flattening the section with the hoe, building a workbench in the area, and looked for other methods, but nothing is working. Nowhere I've looked online has any real clue.

Any solutions for this or should we just give up on this area and move to where there are no regular spawns?

Did you try make sure that the workbenches cover all the possible locations? They also really like to swim so you could line the coast with spikes too.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I mainly listened to Hulkoff for my playthrough, very appropriate for the theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbsc-3T6o4M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih-gTGGBvkU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The blast furnace and spinning wheel audio was my only bug report so I'm glad it's been taken care of

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Can easily skip bronze pickaxes too, I made three antler picks that still mine iron in a single hit.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

By far the closest to land I've ever seen one.

Even raising the seabed all the way to the edge of the ocean, 19 wood iron beams is just not enough :(

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

is their publisher not gonna take a shitload

Their publisher made goat simulator

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
When are we getting a glider in the game? Really want to jump off this extremely tall mountain we have our server and fly forever

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Fuzz posted:

The gently caress is the secret to building docks in this game? Every youtube video makes it look terrible and tedious, and building it on land and then digging down tot he water isn't viable either since you end up swimming in shallow rear end water and Wet, so that's even more tedious.

Someone give me some sort of dock building secret knowledge.

I built those sloped roof pieces underwater to push me down toward the bottom so I could place big stone blocks deeper in water. Can't really build too far out with those unless you pick your site well.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Send some my way, I only found 4.

Trying to do things a bit differently again and skipping bosses. First is easy, second one not so. While finding surface silver is doable, doing it without iron stuff is not so you might need the swamp key for that. Do the swamp tower chests have any iron in them?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

PittTheElder posted:

Wait how on earth would you skip boss 1? Isn't it impossible to obtain pickaxes without beating him?

Got lucky on tin when I found a troll right by the coast

From what I've seen online just skipping the first boss breaks raids. Not sure how it will work.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 20, 2021

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
And the only key item you need is the one from the mountain boss. You can easily get in to swamp dungeons by placing a chair inside the gate. Can probably go in to your own game to select a power too

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

I'm guessing you can basically build a chair just inside the doorway and then "sit" in it, which probably clips you through the metal door. Probably do the same thing to get out of the crypt.

You can just exit normally

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Ravenfood posted:

Or challenge runs I guess.

I started a no boss run just to see if it could be done, and to not have any raids. Ended up dying in a swamp dungeon and quitting :(

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Cleared a quarter of the map to find a single trophy for the new set. Is great fun. At least it looks good

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

mastershakeman posted:

i think in 10 mountains i've found 5 caves (2 in one mountain!) because i'm not great at finding them.

I think the best mountain we had was 6 caves. Then a lot of them had none or just one.

Did find an insane swamp in my solo trek. I didn't map the whole thing yet but

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Wolverine claws are the best weapon

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Floppychop posted:

iirc it's hanging the trophy on the altar that progresses the world.

Quoting an old post regarding the progress of raids. This is apparently not true anymore and just killing the boss will progress the world.

On our server we've only killed the fourth boss to unlock black metal stuff, obliterated the trophy and just got our first fuling attack. Before that we only had the first kind of raid where its just boars and necks.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Or not killing any bosses until you have iron

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Eifert Posting posted:

I thought Bonemass wasn't so bad. Honestly I find Lox more annoying than any valheim boss.

Lox are really easy to parry, though if you gently caress it up you're in a world of pain

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Hemish posted:

Also how you can build something that high as they must require quite a lot of scaffolding work, etc..

The trick is iron beams

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Where can you plant the new mushrooms? Can't cultivate mistland and it doesn't want to grow elsewhere

edit: nvm went to a different area in the mistlands and could cultivate there

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 26, 2022

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Eifert Posting posted:

Yeah there is area where there's no grass and you can't grow them there.

Some strange boundaries

Much easier to make a farm in a place that was previously generated, none of that drat thick fog

And even though it says that the mushroom can't grow in this environment I'm still getting it to stage 2 in meadows. Sadly it dies after that

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 26, 2022

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Eifert Posting posted:

I spent the day fixing my lox pasture and now they don't bone. I guess I gave them too much space

There is a limit for how many lox can be around a certain radius. You can get around that by having a breeding pair high up, that way they'll continue dropping new babies constantly

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Eifert Posting posted:

I think the cave outfit You get for the mountains is key to enjoying the mistlands. I can outrun any fight if I want to.

Using this myself too. Nothing better than seeing a 2 star seeker soldier emerge from the fog 2 meters in front of you and running away

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Two chests of surtling cores and 3 sightings of rancid remains, no trophies :(

How the gently caress does a tick kill me in one hit with 200+ health

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Dec 3, 2022

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It was 1 star tick and I had the speedy set on. The new armor sets require stupid amounts of mist adventures to build so haven't upgraded yet

Towers have anywhere from 0 to 17 of the new things required for them and so far it seems to have favored the absolute low end

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

mastershakeman posted:

I was going to build a fort there because it was an uncovered by mist spot , but I think I needed to keep the dverger alive to manage spawns. Ugh.

I think it's tied to destroying the ward. Seems to always spawn the gjall and others right behind you when you destroy it and move around a bit

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I hear they're supposed to be weaker to elemental attacks but even that doesn't seem to matter much when I tried using fire arrows on them.

The dwarf mages seem to absolutely wreck them with their attacks

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
What triggers fuling spawns in black forest? Seems to spawn packs of three in all of them during the night. It's not happening exclusively but one of them had four packs during one night

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Dec 5, 2022

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The new resource in mistlands requires you to clear multiple mistland areas to get one set, and you can't see very far anyway

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Old mistlands areas are going to be converted to something strange and anything built there will be destroyed

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Bonemass tip: Just use stagbreaker to find silver and skip him

Not sure what they gated behind him on the vendor though

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I only chose a god power in mistlands, and it was eikthyr.

You also choose to not have events when you don't kill bosses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Magmarashi posted:

If you just don't play, you can skip right to the end and uninstall, scrubs

We have several players on our server with varying amounts of free time to build their poo poo, I don't want to ruin their fun by having a bunch of trolls and fulings show up when they're on doing their own thing