Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

haldolium posted:

thanks to the goons suggesting to terraform the swamp. Took me a while, but it makes raiding 6+ tombs so much easier

What do you mean to "terraform the swamp"? I just got to the Swamp in my progression. I have built my new main base a little bit outside of it in a pleasant meadow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I made a spreadsheet because that's what I do when I'm enjoying a game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why is a copper bar heavier than copper ore? Ugh.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ugh. So I went clockwise. Realized I clearly went the wrong way to get to Bonemass when it hooked around so awkwardly. Surely counter-clockwise would have been better.

Dropped a portal. Back in the boat to head home. Yeah, coastline is curving north. Clearly should have gone the other way. NOPE, gently caress me. Balloons out west. gently caress this continent.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There were none, yeah.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Another bite on the other side that would have been frustrating had I gone counter-clockwise instead.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The iron grind before/after 3rd boss is a bit much. It's about 200 bars for a solo player?

Finished Bonemass tonight.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

causticBeet posted:

Is max iron helmet and boots, max bronze chest armor, a bunch of good stews and sausage, frost resist meads, and a level 3 iron bow enough to go into the mountains without getting blasted? [Spoiler] The goal would be to get stuff to make frost arrows for bonemass.

Bonemass is easier than you think to melee. Use a club and poison resist mead with good food. He wasn't hard at all. Just kite him around his big skull and back off when he pukes or the adds get too crowded.

Might be worth making sure there isn't too much water within 20 feet of the spawn point. But I didn't bother and did fine after a minute of stumbling trying to figure out the fight.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:black101:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I have finished the fifth boss and have no inclination to continue until the game is feature complete and polished.

The grind is really really excessive. Bosses 4 and 5 are janky and the 5th had several crash-to-desktop incidents. 5th boss is also just loving color and fog overload.

On the other hand, the atmosphere of the world and boss fights are really good. Hope we get more of that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Any way to hide what day I'm currently on? I don't care to know.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Eediot Jedi posted:

AMnesia. Not sure if it's on nexus or elsewhere.

https://valheim.thunderstore.io/package/Azumatt/AMnesia/

Thank you. I like the game feeling timeless.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I don’t care for portal restrictions, so I modded them out. What a great idea to make an island base with that in mind.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You dying? It's fine, dude.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Typically with these tier updates. There's been very minor changes to older tiers before though.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Dock at home. Sensible parking in the wild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You don’t have to play with magic spells. :shrug: