Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I love watching a speedrun of this famous train mission because they just ride on top of the train and it's over in like 8 seconds because the guys on top have inflated HP values for difficulty reasons i guess :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Yeah they added nothing to the game and just felt tiresome. The badlands portion is sparse but it felt like it was cj getting stuck there trying to get a way out after crash hosed him. She just did nothing to add to the story.

But she's a giant GTA 3 reference, you're suppose to be too excited trying to figure out the timeline of events here to notice how tedious it all is :v:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Considering how Catalina is written in this game and how they really didn't improve to much for Michael's wife in GTA5, i shudder to think what the rumored female protagonist in 6 would be like....

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

All of that for 5K a day when it took you 30k just to buy the stupid place.

I think there is only 1 passive business money making thing that actually pays for itself rather quickly but that's closer to the end game so i won't say.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 29, 2021

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Considering the kinds of missions our not mystery man sends us on, you gotta establish a baseline for what your hired (or forcefully coerced in CJ's case) help can do and what their skills are. CJ is a pretty skilled guy for a rando gang member in the grand scheme of things. He's not even a professional criminal or ex soldier like the protagonists after him would be.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I failed that plane mission because of the actual bike up the ramp SO MANY times. It's one of the only missions that forces your radio station to a specific station and a specific song i think. It automatically gives you Radio X and "Welcome to the Jungle" while you're dodging all the crates and stuff coming out of the plane. Can't think of many missions that do that off the top of my head though.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So it's specifically the Pedestrian Riot cheat that messed up the Madd Dogg mission? For YEARS nobody knew exactly what it was. Some were convinced it was using cheat codes at all while some thought it was just a glitch that specific versions/copies of the game had baked into it because there were reports of people never having cheated that still had Mad Dogg die way before they could even get the truck.

Speaking of cheat codes, does using them still lower your overall rating or whatever it is in the options menu where you can see all your stats? I think it was like -10 points per cheat or something like that.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I remember the exact moment i was flying around on a jetpack after beating the game when suddenly the "your turf is under attack!" message came up and i was like "oh, the turf war thing isn't over now huh?" and then proceeded to get all the territory just to shut the game up about it.

I feel like i would just quit the game there nowadays, i already beat it after all!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

GTA protagonists ever since San Andreas have had the same problem CJ does really. They are these career criminals who outside of whatever mayhem you get up too in the free roaming part of the game, are not opposed to using murder,mayhem,violence etc to get what they want yet they always end up working for some crazy shifty corrupt (usually government) dude who keeps sending them on suicide missions. Yet they never just get tired of it and shoot them in the face until it's dramatically convenient to do so. Usually after some big epic chase set piece too. Although CJ at least has the excuse of not shooting the guy that is holding his brother hostage.

I imagine even if CJ was smart and called in his connections to the mob(since the heist missions aren't necessary to beat the game CJ probably doesn't rock the boat on that canonically) or triads to get Grove Street buffed up with weapons and equipment. Sweet would probably still bitch about it since he would be taking outside help for these "family" issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

The only things i remember about the Scarface game was that you got bonuses for shooting enemies in the nuts and that one of the features was actually talking to the random people that walk by on the street! The conversations were nothing special but i can't think of any other open world game that lets you do anything with the bystanders other than heckle or kill them.