Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
somebody posted hot dr pepper in the old thread and i have to vouch for it. i've had many a sip of accidental hot dr pepper after leaving the bottle in the cupholder in the car for fifteen minutes while i pump gas in a texas summer, and thought: "this would actually be great at christmas." i highly recommend it in the proper season tbh! and y'all still in texas are due for an ice storm so what better time than the present to het up your pepper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Aardvark! posted:

it's a whole subgenre in brazilian food

excuse me, what's the deal with the lightbulb

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

due to where the scroll break fell on my screen, i saw the top two-thirds of this image first and thought it was a bakso gator with big fat bakso buttcheeks

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

Note how all of those have qualifiers as part of the name because while they have salad in the name, they are clearly a different genre of dish from normal salad, and the names are more colloquialism than a grand redefinition of the term
"salad" (earlier, "sallet") as "a bunch of poo poo mixed together" as a definition PRE-DATES the concept of salad as meaning lettuce in a bowl by several hundred years, so the "redefinition" is actually the one you're defending, not the one you're arguing against

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

heard about the coriander cookie but hadn't seen it and without the picture, given the difference in usage of the term "coriander" between UK and US english, it didn't seem remarkable or odd at all to me. you can absolutely use coriander, the seed, as a flavoring in cookies; used to make little round coriander cookies for christmas from some "18th century" cookbook we got at a historic reenacting event

makes a lot more sense as an april fool's joke with the picture for me

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

omg loving shut up

here, look at some ugly food instead of making us look at your stupid words

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

is that ruby red grapefruit rolled in cornflakes?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

a swiss roll is literally and definitionally a cake frosted and rolled up, like the little debbie version, so if your bakery is selling you a pile of whipped cream with frosting over it that isn't even loving rolled, like the goose-breast cake, um, i guess they are pretty idiosyncratic then. bc like. a swiss roll should definitely be rolled up.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Summers first is the brand or are you talking about a specific time to use and get specific potatoes?

the first young, new baby potatoes of the summer

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Ror posted:

I used to love loving with food coloring when I was a kid, I sort of forget that I can just go and buy it as an adult. I could have blue milk every day.

Except all the evidence seems to indicate that adding food coloring to anything besides, like, frosting makes it look totally diseased.

when I was little I was always getting in trouble for "wasting" the food coloring because my favorite thing for a snack was to put food coloring into vanilla ice cream and stir it until it had the consistency of a Frostie and had turned a cool color like teal or purple

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

What does slamming away from the tang mean?

the tang is the part of the knife that attaches to the handle. poster might also have been thinking of spine (the unsharpened back of the blade). the point is that as long as you have the sharpened part facing away from you and make sure your motion is from the unsharpened toward the sharpened you won't slice yourself open; even if the knife slips, the sharpened part won't be slipping into your flesh.

unless you're talking to fred durst, in which case slamming away from the tang means having non-vaginal intercourse

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

wait until you hear about soy sauce

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

I misunderstood what you meant by hot here for a minute and it reminded me of a thing in Hong Kong where you can get Coke that's been boiled and has ginger steeped in it like tea. Nothing more refreshing than a cup of steaming hot, flat, gingery Coke on a nice hundred degree day with 300% humidity.
leaving a Dr Pepper in the car while running into the store for a quick trip in summertime in Texas introduced me to the realization that if you did it in the wintertime, hot flat Dr Pepper would be a pretty nice drink actually. like you could wassail that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

one of the raisons d'être for the drat product
but you can't really get cola flavor (one of the base elements of Dr Pepper) in a non-carbonated form, and that's the specific raison d'être desired here