Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Persona 3 did that and it was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The evidence that all of this pointed to an actual romance never really panned out for me tbh. The lines all seem like they're from separate unrelated scenes.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Can't believe people still hate Yusuke in 2021.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

babypolis posted:

I really hated that Rises s-link is about her going back to being an idol. Girl clearly hates it, she reacts with absolute disgust to anything related to idol life, and seems to genuinely enjoy her small town life. That she goes back because shes jealous of some other idol is sooo dumb

Chies s link was about training with her, and her facing up to some bullies. Kinda boring, but Chie steals the show in so many story scenes that I dont mind

The major theme of persona 4 is that you should stop rebelling and do what society wants so Rise's s.link tracks. :cheersdoge:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Harems are fail and I am happy people get owned on v-day for being unfaithful.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The AI is mostly fine if you use the tactics system properly. I never had problems.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It was also something no one really expected as a smash rep so you get the double surprise.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Right this is my feeling. It seems like Kanji was originally written to be Gay. Everything about his shadow, the dungeon, ect seems to be about a man who is confused about his sexuality and lashes out as a result. Which would have been a big loving deal for videos games in 2008, especially for a Japanese game studio.

In the end though, I feel like Atlus for whatever reason decided against this and re-wrote Kanji.

I mean think about how much of a big deal this would have been if you had a Gay playable character in 2008? Not even Bioware had the balls to have a Gay romance option until Mass Effect 3 and a lot of fan pressure.

Persona 2 already let you have a gay romance so I don't think that they walked anything back tbh.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

That has nothing to do with my point. I don't think they wrote him as gay and then Atlus had them rewrite it or whatever.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I do think it was a missed opportunity, but i would have not been terribly pleased if they kept all the other aspects since as someone said upthread the message becomes even more problematic if "am I gay for liking sewing" is answered with "yes". But with some tweaks it would have been fine.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish I liked Strikers but I just fell off it after just like two hours. Combat is flashy but the actual fights are over so fast that it doesn't feel satisfying to do anything. Would have preferred a standard musou format I think.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Makoto's confidant was so loving bad.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sapozhnik posted:

lol I couldn't keep my hand out of the biscuit tin and immediately started Persona 4G

I hate Yosuke with every fiber of my being already.
Even the protag is bland as hell, at least Akira had a strong tendency to snark in his dialog options.
Maybe my headphones are breaking but JP Chie sounds like a mosquito, the audio compression on her voice samples is horrible.
Naturally I ran into all the major spoilers on the internet long ago so hopefully that doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game too much.

That being said I love how fluid the animations are. When/if P5R ever makes it to Steam I really hope it gets the same treatment because it feels horribly jank by comparison.

Saying P4G has better animations than P5 is a new one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IIRC it was leaked to be hitting the windows store at some point I think.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

YaketySass posted:

P3P makes much more sense as a base than FES (I don't think many people will be missing The Answer) but still, lol Atlus

Anyway this tweet

https://twitter.com/katrinaltrnsl8r/status/1536054424790962177

implies there's gonna be some localization changes? Not sure how much. The usual troglodytes already seem to imagine that she's gonna censor everything but her followup

https://twitter.com/katrinaltrnsl8r/status/1536077167360020481

makes it sound like a relatively light touch.

That person sucks major rear end and is a huge twitter dramahound so they probably aren't actually doing much but trying to get people riled up on twitter.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Booky posted:

aren't they just a loc person anyways? i dunno how that equals dramahound unless u think that like, making threads about localization processes or w/e equals drama

anyways wheres the switch ports!! atlus!!!!!

Well they spent the past week calling anyone who didn't like a real lovely transphobic translation of a manga series gamer gaters and chuds and stuff so that seems pretty dramahoundy to me! They're a known shitstirrer. Just because dumbass comicsgate freaks also don't like them doesn't make them good or not that.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Booky posted:

what if i think that translation thing (assuming we're thinking of the same thing and ur descrip about those tweets isn't exaggerated) and comicsgate freaks suck rear end but also that its lame af to vaguepost about them on a completely unrelated series about like, button labels on a port

and i agree p2 is win and it sucks they're still stuck on the psp

Nah this is on me and the second tweet wasn't embedding so I only saw the first. I didn't actually know they publically followed up that they were just doing the button stuff, even though we knew that was the case so it came off as more trying to get the usual comicsgate idiots riled up which gently caress them obviously but it caused a bunch of people to think she was like reTLing the whole game for some reason which was annoying to me the past 24 hours

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 14, 2022

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mix. posted:

they have literally been receiving death threats from shitheads for an extended period of time long before even this news (which has literally sparked it up again to the point some loc people have had to lock their twitters pre-emptively) so honestly I can't exactly blame them for assuming that as the default based on their own personal experience, tbh. its the same poo poo as people automatically thinking any kind of backlash is vagina bones 2.0/3.0/etc just because of how long the bad faith vitriolic responses have been flooding in the past few years

edit: also again how is someone going 'hey, im in charge of a thing! im excited for this thing' "trying to get comicsgate people riled up", are people not allowed to announce projects they're involved with anymore? :rolleyes: it really reads like you just had a pre-assumption and didn't even bother to check for full context, which is ironically what the 50+ people in the replies making up a person to get mad about have been doing lol

Yeah. You're right. I think her showing this past week was really lovely and harmful and it led me to being a dumbass about an unrelated thing so I apologize for making a fool of myself.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

P3Ps presentation sucks so much I wish it'd get an actual remake. Hated the VN presentation on PSP and will hate it now in 2022.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

It's been a hot 13 years since i last played P4. But nooooooo, they didnt put this line in there, did they?

That wasn't a meme in 2008 nor 2011 or whenever golden came out so dunno how or why that was in the pc release unless nikkolas was using some sort of mod that also added that in as a meme without telling him.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The guy actually being just as lovely as she thought he was really undercuts like..the entire angle it seemed like they were going with with Makoto's S.link. "Wow my friend is mad I keep butting into her personal affairs, except I'm actually correct to be doing so" is dumb!!!!

Making the guy be on the up and up would have been a good opportunity for Makoto to learn not to constantly involve herself in other peoples business...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Playing Dead Rising on a tiny rear end like 12 inch SDTV and being just completely unable to read anything Otis told me on the walkie talkie ftw

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's a sequel but it was made at the same time as Royal so nothing from it is referenced or acknowledged (kasumi, etc)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

They're real, and I hate them

Why even loving make this thing if you're not putting the female protagonist in it. You had one job. There is no other reason to do this

Barely anyone cares about feMC, in japan or america that's why.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I would not be surprised if they sell DLC that adds her a year later or something though. Which would be Fine I guess.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

and my point is, it's the only reason people actually loving wanted this in the first place, unless the only group you're going after are 13-year-olds who refuse to play games older than they are

I don't think this is a very accurate statement.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

what's a good reason to remake persona 3 then, please, elucidate me

A modern way to play Persona 3 without having to play the dogshit port of P3P with AI upscaled smudge art.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Scored 4th place in her own game! Sad!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Settle down, beavis, lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really as long as they touch up the stinker S links I think it'll be a drat good version. Most of them I think could be salvaged with a rewrite.

I hope things like being able to choose diff weapons and the tired/sick stuff make it back in though after being cut from p3p. Those gave the game flavor!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think calling everyone an idiot for not caring as much about the female mode is real wack dude.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Saagonsa posted:

Persona 3 ftmfw

This.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

Also if they're committing to a remake of Persona 3 without the Portable stuff they better actually commit to that and not let you control your party members. I don't even like that decision, but they're cowards if they don't

The AI was fine if you actually used tactics and didn't leave it on "do anything" like so many complainers did. so it'd be epic to have it AI only frankly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There's zero world where Vic gets to be Junpei again, but unless something happened I don't think Karen Straussman has been booted from the VA industry sadly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sydin posted:

wtf why are there like a 100+ new posts in the persona threa-

:staredog:

Right uh, well I'm glad that P3 is getting modernized and I do think there's value in it even if it's just the male MC alone, but it's kinda out of touch to not also include the FeMC route which is overwhelmingly more popular.

I don't think she's overwhelmingly more popular unless your sample size is like, this thread only lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's been like 7 years since P5 so I think it's possible they might cut the operation babe hunt crap, or at least the 'punchline' to it, times have changed etc, but not holding my breath.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Not really sure why people are desperate for this remake to be bad.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

can people loving chill, they're not gonna cancel it because I personally am not excited for it

hell, I'll probably still give it a try since it's on game pass, even

It's ok that you are against the remake being made dude just own up to it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm curious if Junpei's replacement will try to sound like Vic or go with a different vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not sure why it would go "MC, Junpei, Yukari, FEMC" instead of you know...Another party member, most likely Mitsuru.