Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bobjr posted:

She gets a few, like an early game moment that doesn't really spoil anything, but I will just to be safe.

It is funny when the officer in question complains and all I can think is that he is lucky she is not threatening him with an axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

tithin posted:

Does strikers have an adventure mode like hyrule warriors did?

Strikers is basically a Persona game that has you fight musou style when it comes to combat.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I'm finally getting around to finishing Royal, and Akechi literally throwing the glove at Joker was incredible

I love everything about that scene.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dpulex posted:

So we agree that persona 3 is the best one?

Nope.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I viewed it as they wanted to minimize the number of people Shido would try and kill should things go wrong.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Acerbatus posted:

All I remember of the Hanged Man in p3p is the little girl's father asking out femc on a date.

Well that was certainly a choice they made.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ApplesandOranges posted:

P3's Star link was Mamoru. Does anyone remember him? Anyone? Hello?

...:smith:

In my playthrough I messed up the timing so I never got him. On the plus side realizing that I would not be able to get everyone freed me from worrying about it so halfway in to the moon social link I just said gently caress it and never continued it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Badger of Basra posted:

Does the game even do anything to make Haru's dad seem less bad after the fact? When he dies she's upset about it which is understandable, since what she wanted was for him to be nice again rather than to be dead. But in her SL I don't remember him coming up much.

The most it does is state that he was not always a shithead.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

HaB posted:

poo poo. Forgive the double post, but side question 2:

Should I bother watching the OG P4 animation when I also have the P4G one?

Quite frankly you should watch the dub og P4 animation as it is amazing.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Magmar posted:

I did think of one for Futaba but it was super dark, and Haru I struggled with but I think it would have to be food related.

Didn’t do any of the other members because too many of the good options are spoiler references for Royal or Strikers.

What was the one you thought up for Futaba?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

mastajake posted:

One of my favorite touches is that Joker isn’t wearing his fake glasses in the flashbacks, so it’s clear he wanted to wear them to try to start over on the dl at his new place. He’s really trying (depending on your dialogue choices, of course), and that bastard Kamoshida just ruins it.

I imagine he gets a bit better at trying to hide once the Phantom Thief stuff starts as he finally has an avenue to vent his anger at pretty much everything.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ApplesandOranges posted:

He was also a cop, so automatic dubious territory. :colbert:

By all accounts he got killed for actually trying to do the right thing so he was one of the few decent ones.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

I think it's implied that Dad Nijima got taken out by a mob hit?

That was the implication.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is funny playing P5R again and interacting with Akechi. All I can think is how I wish he would drop the goody two shoe act quicker as he is so much more fun to interact with when he is being true to himself.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
With Royal the fun starts when you start to fill out your stamp collection.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hellioning posted:

The only thing I know about Strikers is that one of the new characters is a cop and Haru gives him poo poo about it which is great.

A mixture of that and terrifying him.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

A talking coyote posted:

Today was the first and only time I’ve ever seen quicksand in mementos. I didn’t even know it was a thing and I’ve played through both versions of the game multiple times.

I am not sure what you are referring to but with Royal they added special floors that change how everything operates so you can end up with it just being the floor being a straight line or full of treasure demons.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Now that I am starting to get my confidants to rank 6-7 in my P4G playthrough I have to ask the important question of....

.... is there a penalty to dating multiple girls like in P5? Are you even able to? Also is the dialogue option to initialize a relationship pretty clear?

There is a penalty and the game makes it very clear when it is time to make your choice.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DC Murderverse posted:

December: his brain is completely broken in ways I did not expect he’s like a loving Batman villain he’s a golem of hate of course he’s Loki he’s killed dozens of people are we really supposed to think he’s not beyond saving? What the gently caress game? How do people ship this maniac with anyone?

Surely you have been on the internet long enough to know the answer to this question.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

Question about December: I know for most of the palaces, when you are in the period between getting to the end of the palace and sending out the calling card you can’t do party member confidants. Does that apply here?

I think it still does. Usually the only time it does not apply to is the November Palace due to plot reasons.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is some value in using him against treasure demons to try and get a lucky crit.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

neonchameleon posted:

Base P5 only. The treasure demons in Royal all have weaknesses. In Royal the first one's the hardest because even Joker doesn't have the right type of attack by L10.

They have weaknesses in base persona as well. It is just that if you want to deal with them without using a guide then it can be useful to have an attack with a high crit chance.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DC Murderverse posted:

I love Royal Akechi, he no longer has to hide that he’s a broken sociopath and everything that comes out of his mouth is the most sneering disdain, it’s hilarious. He’s like the real life “I’m going to turn into the Joker” except in this case Joker turned him into like, Two-Face

It is a much needed change and got me to actually like him as a character.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

DC Murderverse posted:

Name: Charlie Foxtrot
What they see it as: Sea-monkey Castle Shaped Like Virtual Tokyo

edit: huh my phone is beeping that’s weird

Just be careful of who you drag into help out with it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have been noticing the days have been feeling longer. At first I just wrote it off as a continuation of Covid time dilatation but every time it strikes midnight all the clocks stop working and all these coffins pop up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Finally got past New Years in my second playthrough of Royal. I had forgotten just how refreshing/fun it was to have Akechi drop the act and be the monster that he really is.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
One of the ones you should do that isn't mandatory is very easy to do. Also the moment you start it there will be clearly something up with it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just gotten to the final palace in Royal again and I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

anakha posted:

A few days into the Okumura story arc, and Ryuji's pretty much on my shitlist now.

Even after Morgana reunites with the team, his lack of apology for starting that shitfest doesn't sit well with me.

For all their bickering, I don't recall Morgana harping on his leg, his mom or the track team, while Ryuji in this arc has been constantly picking on Morgana's place on the team which is clearly a sensitive topic. There's being a dumbass, like he was in previous arcs, and there's just being an insensitive prick.

I'm not a Morgana fan by any means, but I'm definitely off the 'Ryuji is cool' train now.

That fight was pretty much all on Morgana as Morgana had been making GBS threads on him for pretty much the entire game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

anakha posted:

The bickering was on both sides from what I saw in the prior arcs. Morgana picking on Ryuji acting like a dumbass and Ryuji picking on Morgana's attitude. Then Ryuji suddenly got personal in this arc.

The change was purely on Morgana's side as he was suddenly feeling more conscious that he was not as special as he thought he was.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

(Hot take: the list of things the anime does better than the game for Persona 4 is significantly longer)

Of course it is as the anime had the guts to admit what Yu really is.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Staltran posted:

I don't think Morgana does either. Haru was the one behind the wheel, Morgana was just the attempted murder weapon.

Strikers does show that Haru is a terrifying force of nature when it comes to driving.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It's April 9, and you know what that means...

I wish you luck in this endeavor.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

thebardyspoon posted:

Man, Shadow Kanji is kicking my arse in P4 Golden. It was 2014 when I last played it but I don't remember him being this much of a roadblock, that multi hit melee attack he does just absolutely shreds Chie and Yukiko while they're enraged, once one person goes down it's just playing catchup until eventually I lose. Maybe I just need to go back down a few floors and kill a few more enemies, level up a bit.

What level are you?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

thebardyspoon posted:

Not at my PC right now but 20 or 21 I think? Didn't have much trouble climbing the floors and I'd listened to an entire podcast on the way so I felt like that should be good. It has been years like I said though. I probably do need to just grind a bit right?

You would probably want to get to 23 at a minimum though I aimed for 25 when I beat him.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Someone on Discord recommended that I also try to do whatever food is discussed on the given day... (Merciless difficulty: I can only make curry items in game if I make them in real life lol... a burger for every challenge?)

As long as you don't try to replicate those challenge burgers then you should be fine.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gen. Ripper posted:

Friendly reminder that Sae gives zero shits when one of Makoto's teachers is outed as a serial sexual abuser, and when Joker tells her Kaneshiro almost forced her into sex trafficking. :)2

Anything in particular that prompted said take?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
At that point in the game you already have the tools to shatter the difficulty curve.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also every time I hear this song it tugs at the heartstrings
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGFZHBK2lTs

It is one of the my favorite tracks in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WaltherFeng posted:

Im currently 65 hours into P5. Just cleared the 5th palace. I bought the original version since it was on sale at the time.

Does P5R heavily change the main narrative? Or is it just side stuff.

I cant imagine playing Royal anytime soon because even the original is such a massive game.

It slightly modifies the main narrative but when the game usually ends it adds an entirely new section. It also adds a lot of gameplay features that make the game more fun.