Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, fun fact about a thread that has been around for basically a decade, there are a lot of very dumb things buried over the 2000+ pages of that thread, relics of times past and other poo poo that is basically impossible to scrub if someone wanted to. Or even encounter and pay attention to looking at stuff from the past. So that thread went bankrupt due to poor business decisions by it's promoter. Welcome to the new and improved Union of Wrestling Social Media International. A thread to post any random bit of social media posted by wrestlers, managers, announcers, road agents, referees, and trainees that is either interesting, funny, stupid, or newsworthy.

The usual requests not to be complete assholes stand as always, and please don't post wrestling news here just because it broke on social media.

For example, if someone posts relationship information, that is fine, it's social media stuff. However I am incredibly bad at noticing I didn't actually finish my sentences.

What I mean to say is don't post about people leaving promotions or joining promotions here, no body cares and it is more important for that to be posted in the relevant thread. Stop posting news items in this thread.

Now for the "good" part, the wrestlers being weird.

Lifetime Achievement Award: Taka Michinoku for the thread tag for the social media thread.

First Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media - just uninstall twitter.

JOHN CENA posted:

uninstall twitter

Second Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media - Pizza is Justice.

Third Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media - basic birds piss me off for many years

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Taz blessing us with an accidental dril on a Sunday morning.

https://twitter.com/officialtaz/status/1381267764866863105?s=21

Fourth Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media - Disney’s Goofy having to have a job feels bleak drat

Third Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media - basic birds piss me off for many years

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Taz blessing us with an accidental dril on a Sunday morning.

https://twitter.com/officialtaz/status/1381267764866863105?s=21

Sixth Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media - Well I don't loving care about that

Seventh Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media - To the average eye, Seals & Sea Lions look the same also

Eighth Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media - Dave. You are arguing with someone named Bronck Lesnar .

Ninth Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media - Genghis Khan, screw him, he never had Sprite.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1595798411034636288

Bryan Danielson posted:

One of the things that I like to remind my friends, all the time, is that -- Sprite is a perfect example -- Genghis Khan took over most of his known world at the time. He never had Sprite. I'm way richer than Genghis Khan ever was. If he wanted to eat something delicious, it took a long time, and I'm sure he had someone else cook it for it him. I don't eat McDonald's, but I'm sure I can go into McDonald's and get something better than he ever ate in his entire life, and that man ruled the world. Genghis Khan, screw him, he never had Sprite.

Tenth Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media - Dave. You are debating Captain Ferg Baba Ganoosh

Eleventh Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media Thread - Oooooo.. hohohoho You can only embarrass yourself.

Power Windows posted:

https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1640830085514051584?t=JzuS9B0sg9B7dJ_2eVHDzg&s=19

Forums > Sports Argument Stadium > Punch Sport Pagoda > Wrestling Social Media Thread - Oooooo.. hohohoho You can only embarrass yourself.

Twelfth Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media Thread: My elbow drop hit his cock. sorry.

Thirtreenth Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media Thread: An elegy

Numero6 posted:

A big discovery for Mahiro.

Fourteenth Thread Title: Wrestling Social Media Thread: Anime avatars are not getting money and pussy

Top Dollah posted:

Internet trolls that act like Billy Badass with anime avatars are not getting money and pussy.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Hey, I'll put some fun content here I guess. :v:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Actual post: Aubrey Edwards drinking.

https://twitter.com/RefAubrey/status/1363351438269636610

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lily Catts posted:

isn't that... non-alcoholic??

It is, I believe Aubrey is specifically sober, I should have remembered that when I posted it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Also, something untapped as a vein of good stuff. Twitch relate stuff. Twitch Clips are deffo part of this thread.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingCuriousAxeTheRinger

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
That seems like it should be in a different thread, probably the WWF thread.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh no what's the bad thing that could happen from that?

It seems like it would be more interesting than whatever boring iteration of "wwf is bad" is currently happening, given that it is a wwf show being produced by the wwf.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Functionally, it's a weird complaint because the point of a hidden treasures show is to showcase interesting/weird stories. And there are plenty of those in the history of wrestling crap.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Maki Itoh, uniting the world of professional wrestling.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Maki Itoh or Katsuyori Shibata - Who said it?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

e: Miyu is awesome in the total opposite way that Itoh is awesome

This is why 1 to 1000000 is the perfect tag team, by the way.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

For someone who missed Matt’s TNA and indies runs between 2005 and whatever Wrestlemania it was he came back at, I can’t believe Broken Matt was the version that was so beloved when Big Money Matt also existed. He’s so good at this role.

Big Money Matt was always the best Matt Hardy character, but the Broken character was way more fun to laugh at.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Didn't he also do a Halloween special?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Dave said the NWA thing has nothing to do with AEW, which is a shame, because the NWA Powerrr would be the perfect venue for a lot of these younger/new signees to get experience in the ring and with doing promos. Like, Dani Jordan had one appearance in the NWA, and yet she was still given more promo time there than in all Dark appearances.

NWA Powerrr was a lovely show run by a lovely person and AEW would be smart not to farm out its developmental when it has access to Dean Malenko, Arn Anderson, Dustin Rhodes, QT Marshall, Christopher Daniels and it's own veterans in house.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

If AEW wanted a show filmed in a studio for up and coming talent they could just do something called AEW Dark Elevation.

But who could they get to host it?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

God drat it, why do wrestlers I like keep disappointing me. Now I have to be glad WWE fired her dumb rear end.

You really don't have to do that. You can not have opinions or emotions related to the people who were fired while objecting to people being fired in general.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Escape rules are bad. Cages are structures that are good for providing space for cool spots and escape rules make those spots seem dumb.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

actually i want you to watch tjpw instead of NJPW

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Love that the consensus has agreed that it's Will Sasso Austin and not the more normal answer of "just a kind of lovely drawing of Goldberg"

One of those in an iconic Austin enemy, and the other is just a guy named William.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Procrastinator posted:

who the gently caress could want new Jack when nick gage is around

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Evil Badman posted:

holy gently caress, Christian Cage is 47?!

He was the glue guy in the glue guy tag team in a big time match 20 years ago. 47 actually sounds about right to me if I were asked to guess Christian (and Edge's) age.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

No it's much funnier since Randy was so mad that after a week of not tweeting at all he had to tweet these dog whistles and jabs about money when he himself has had an expensive divorce or two.

And he got wrecked.

Also the Seth Rollins tweet was a non-sequitur done because Seth Rollins was getting owned.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

COWARD BIX FOLLOW ME SO I CAN MAKE FUN OF YOUR FOR REFERENCING THAT.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

i didn't watch it but

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
People buy many things, and shoes both suffer wear and tear and also compliment other clothing choices in such a way that having multiple pairs makes sense.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I thought the stupid move was signal boosting the loving weirdos posting about him such that it would embolden people who already kind of hate him for being a gigantic rear end in a top hat to troll him with weird poo poo more because he reads it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I, for one, look forward to Anna and Maki feuding over who gets to have the Dark Order as bunch of dumb brothers.

I hope Maki Itoh loses the feud and end up bringing in all of her dumb hanger's on to fight the Dark Order. Ontia, Gran Naniwa and Chris Brookes vs. Colt Cabana, Silver and Reynolds sounds like money.

TayJay vs. 121000000

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can't wait to watch Maki Itoh lose to the White Dragon (and also remember the Lore of Maki Itoh correctly so as to remember who is alive and dead)

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DJExile posted:

oooooof

Isn't Dark taped?

Dark is filmed around 1 in morning or later. Who cares if sloppy match looks sloppy. You know.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Tay Conti had that clip from her NXT of her walking through spots in super slow motion and she's now very popular so who the hell cares

And that was on real TV yes.

xbilkis posted:

Starting an "NBA Botches" twitter account where I post clips of people passing the ball out of bounds or dribbling off their feet. Hundreds of people quote tweet each post saying "This is supposed to be the NFL'S competition? 😂😂😂" or "This is minor league poo poo, they need to sort this out immediately if they expect people to take this seriously"

You joke but Shaq does that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Right now Cezar is funny bad so I love him being on Dark for that reason, but I would also like to see him improve and have a job long term because WWE treated him really badly.

Truly that is the career path we hope for all of the people who aren't great but kind of funny on AEW Dark.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

contracts are reset and renegotiated when called up so hes probably still there through 2023 or 2025 depending on how he signed

Allegedly they stopped doing that during the pandemic because a) who is going to loving stop them from paying their talent better and b) since the talent wasn't traveling from show to show anymore, their NXT base-pay was more than enough for these losers.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
In a "post-Covid" world those two things are not independent of each other (but people who went to the WWF and then escaped should wrestle somewhere that doesn't have a bunch of people I already like who don't get airtime), hell if you ask Joey Janela those two things weren't independent of each other in the time of Covid.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW contracted talent have regularly worked indie dates, the only restriction was really requested/enforced was after the breakout at a Warrior Wrestling show with AEW talent headlining.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah didn't have like, Tay working in JB's spot with Luchasaurus in tags or something cool?

It was always part of the plan since trying stuff out the main AEW focus areas allows the performers to expand and test things. (He'd just rather those things weren't covid) TK actually likes indie wrestling.

Well, wrestling in general. Same idea with doing stuff on BTE and vlogs.

Yeah, it was also around the same time Tay was hanging out with Jurassic Express in BTE so it seems like someone was considering adding her to that act before TayJay became a wonderful thing and Tay Conti became a Friend to the Dark Order.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
And honestly, we should respect and admire her for it.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

well she is ohioan

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I can respect his attempts at desperately trying to get someone to show up on TV and airlift him from the lovely Fiendpilled story. He's still loving powerfully uncool lmao.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

"I'm the joker, baby!"
- the joker

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Sting is the definitive Joker performance, sorry Heath (Slater and Ledger)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11b-aRxL7NE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/ViolateGeneva/status/1361783570499575812

This is the only Six Days in Fallujah take I will not complain about not being on topic.