Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Probably just mad that TK's Forbes photoshoot made the wrestling nerd look moderately cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

CAnon is a very apt term to describe Cornette acolytes. Man, I hope when Dark Side of the Ring hits season 10 or whatever and Cornette finally gets an episode centred on him, it won't be because he riled up his followers enough to do domestic terrorism over rasslin'.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

NienNunb posted:

Danhausen, Mad Kurt, Warhorse, all on the Mt. Rushmore of bad twitters. Who is the fourth? Text you vote now.

Roman Reigns.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

RealFoxy posted:

Maybe they're just finding out the grift is going to be on AEW fans now so they're changing their tune

God, I hope there isn't going to be an influx of terminally online alt right nerds in the fan community.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Shard posted:

I got bad news for you. They'll always be here. Hell they'll always be in most fan communities. I mean just look at the preshow of Dynamite. Lots of dudes looking like they marched on the Capital back in January there.

Yeah, you're right. I guess my opting to only look here for wrestling discourse (particularly AEW's) has conditioned me to believe the AEW fandom is less trash than the rest. Someone mentioned the last Dynamite had dudes wearing Trump 2020 shirts too lol.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Can't believe people are both siding the anti-vaxxer chud Vs. PoC students of NIghtmare Factory lmao.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Duke Pukem posted:

I pick the side of not caring about this high school drama between wrestling school nobodies.

Lol, you don't have to care about it, but a racist, anti-vax piece of poo poo was clearly affecting her former peers. It's not just "high school drama" to them, and Kidd Bandit and the others weren't only airing out dirty laundry for speaking out against a racist Karen who's been talking poo poo about them.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

DLC Inc posted:

cant help but think Cage could maybe just talk about it with Tony instead of tweeting lol. by all means it seems the backstage attitude is pretty relaxed but then again this seems weird to say + Lance was one of the only men in AEW to beat their uber-protected worker Jon Moxley

Brian Cage is going to be the first AEW wrestler to defect to WWE and be immediately fed to Omos in a 10-second squash match.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Brian treating his real-life disgruntlement with AEW like how he treated his kayfabe disgruntlement with Team Taz.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Was Ricky Starks responding to the dumb racist who grouped him under "white excellence"? It takes a special kind of face blindness to mistake Ricky for white and think he's part of your white pride bullshit.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

AK-47 posted:

https://twitter.com/MrGMSI_BCage/status/1439389242539479041

In what world has this dork not had a chance to show all of these things. He's been given every drat chance and just can't stop complaining.

Lol he's basically blaming AEW for the crowd not giving a gently caress about him anymore huh

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I mean they are legitimately booking him badly, he’s a body guy who can’t cut promos for poo poo and they’ve taken him out of team Taz where he had the promo guys. He came in as a monster heel and they turned him face before he was near ready to leave his stable. Don’t get the complaining on Twitter but he’s one of the wrestlers in AEW at the moment where they are absolutely not playing to his strengths

I agree that this was bad booking but this was still an angle where he still had plenty of opportunity to showcase all the things he listed, just as he always had.

Him being so visibly upset about this instead of going straight to Tony Khan is sus too. My unsubstantiated feeling is that considering he's already an anti-vax chud, he might have been Cornpilled somewhere along the way lol.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Funnily, Brian's real-life complaints are exactly the sort of talking points Taz would go on a tirade about in a feud; it's always about how Team Taz are not given the same chance as another popular wrestler or faction.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Manwithastick posted:

Cage pisses me off, he has a feud with STING and he says he’s not used enough, never liked the guy but somebody like Sonny Kiss would never kick off about not being used and in my opinion is just as talented

Sonny is not only as talented, but I do feel like he's legitimately underused by AEW. I'd imagine the internet would be more supportive of him if he went off on Twitter about it.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Cage has nothing for creative.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Oh Snapple! posted:

Extremely normal way to view an employee not being satisfied

I mean, Cage himself is having an extremely normal one here. It's not like the people in this thread are dunking on an employee from an abusive/exploitative workplace who's trying to unionise. This is Brian Cage whose grievances are boiled down to "I'm not pushed enough" despite the multiple attempts at a push where he could have showcased all those skills he listed to their full extent.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Orange Carlisle posted:

Didn't he say on the very episode he's apologizing for that people are too easily offended nowadays or am I remembering wrong

He did. Not sure why they're on your rear end for not buying Tommy's generic "Sorry that you're offended" apology.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Critical posted:

Because that's not what that apology is.

Sorry THAT I offended you and sorry IF I offended you are two different things. One claims responsibility and one does not.

That being said the apology means poo poo if he doesn't back it up. Work with RAINN or something and then I'll listen.

Okay, I see what the argument is now. Though while he didn't explicitly do the "Sorry if..." apology, he sure as heck felt the need to mention that it wasn't his intention to offend, hurt, or victim-shame anyone, which might as well be the same thing.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

yea ok posted:

is it lol

Is it not? Unless one can argue that what he said on Dark Side of the Ring wasn't meant to offend, hurt or victim-shame, then what he's saying here is the same as "Sorry if you're offended." Both suggest that it is us who're misconstruing what he'd said on the show, turning the offensive thing into a mere hypothetical.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Agreed. Let's go back to dunking on Brian Cage so I don't have to wonder why it's such a stretch to not believe a man with two ponytails.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I don't keep up with WWE, what is she talking about? Pretty funny that a white woman is complaining about middleaged white dudes not liking her segments though.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I think it's pretty clear they're just referring to that one person who said Max is buried and memory holed despite the face pop he got upon returning.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Davros1 posted:

Well, hope AEW (or anyone) doesn't book him again
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1444092528559489029?s=20

First I heard of this dude was on Ethan Page's vlog. Hope he stops hanging out with him too.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I'm prepared to always bad Mark Henry--he's already been replaced by Ricky on Rampage anyway.

edit: Reading the replies and RTs, apparently Lio Rush warned people about him before and wasn't taken seriously?

Long-Time Lurker fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 8, 2021

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Critical posted:

i had to use web magic to see it but lol cage's latest instagram post is a beaut

a. he looks like braun after coming out of the dryer

b. tren, you will be absolutely shocked to find out, is trenbolone, an anabolic steroid. he found a shirt that advertises he's anti vax and on the gas simultaneously. neither of these are a surprise of course but jesus

this dude is between flip gordon and ospreay on the dumb wrestler scale

Jesus that shirt, just when I thought I was hating on Brian Cage too much lol.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

https://twitter.com/GarciaWrestling/status/535980067420377088?t=7rnb2aIh5CyTjwYA0l8s5g&s=19

Cody good

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I hope my favourite wrestlers will survive the plague ship.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

This article is so loving good

Hand to God, so loving good. And just like Mox, he writes exactly like how he would talk too. I want a whole book from Eddie.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Aubrey fast but during Full Gear JR said she was the slowest referee ever with her 10 count.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

I don't know why people tend to do that "at <insert age> they should already know better!" People can grow and learn at any age, otherwise there wouldn't be any societal progress at all because everyone is permanently stuck in their views.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

drat, six figures? I didn't realise the indies can earn you that amount of money these days.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Corny is such a piece of poo poo for spreading that BS about Kenny, these weirdos are going to latch on to it forever.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

King Bahamut posted:

Accusing someone of behavior that would constitute a felony automatically clears some of the higher bars that apply to public figures but what’s the damage, being @‘d by morons while remaining at the peak of his industry?

I'd imagine constantly seeing weirdos accusing you of paedophilia because of Corny's dumb podcast in your mentions everyday can be psychologically damaging even if you were at the peak of your industry (Kenny's also been doing a very good job at ignoring them before this). And if this BS spread further than the Cornpilled niche, it might even affect his career.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

The_Rob posted:

Lmao ok.

Can’t wait until we get healthcare.

"Actually the wide-scale spread of disinformation is okay because it's not like stopping it would lead to real progress like healthcare."

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

The_Rob posted:

So again what does taking Rogan off Spotify do? He can still have a YouTube channel. He has enough money that he can probably start his own hosting format. Do we arrest him? And when he’s finally gone what does that mean. The world is good now? Literally what does this Rogan stuff do for anyone. At least brave patriot Neil young took a brave stand and took his business to notoriously good and moral company Amazon. It’s 2022 and we’re still having moral panics about the radio man like it’s 2002 and we’re mad at Howard stern.

"Do we arrest him?"

Lmao, let's just ignore this guy.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

He's already at "What's next? Arrest Rogan?!" If you don't ignore him now, he's going to write a screed about how people who are trying to deplatform Rogan are fascists next.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

IcePhoenix posted:

Twitter's trending tab is based on what you view the most

Twitter admitted their algorithm has a right-wing bias last year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-59011271.amp

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Basic Chunnel posted:

Did the talk abt possible permanent / long term covid damage to Keith Lee's health turn out to be smoke? Speculation about his future seemed pretty serious; even if it were the case I don't doubt that KL shifted a few gears lower would still be a smart pickup for AEW. But I'd like to hope he's healthy.

He seemed fine during his debut but some people here and the Fed-sourced wrestling press were still convinced he was slow and unfit.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

roomtone posted:

nyla consistently goes after people saying lovely things by saying something just as bad or worse

she's terrible at it

Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Really hate it when a transwoman clapback at transphobes with mean tweets. It's just as bad or even worse than the transphobic tweets directed at her!