Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WHAT THE gently caress JOHNNY'S A HUNK WHAT :stwoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/31/tech/super-mario-bros-death-rumors/index.html

quote:

The internet is freaking out over a rumor about the possible impending death of Mario, the famous, red-wearing, Italian plumber who changed the world of video games with the release of "Super Mario Bros" 35 years ago.

Let's back up: In September, the "Super Mario Bros" franchise celebrated its 35th anniversary with the launch of two remastered, classic games — "Super Mario 3D All-Stars" and "Super Mario Bros 35" — for the Switch console that would be available for a limited run until March 31. Nintendo (NTDOF), which owns the franchise, also released other 35th anniversary Super Mario products that would be on sale through March 31.

Fans have been grappling to understand why sales of the new products will cease on Wednesday, a date many felt was arbitrary. Many have speculated that it may mean Mario's life will be ending, too.

"Mario dies tomorrow, I'm gonna miss him," one Twitter user said Tuesday, adding a sad face emoji at the end.

"Mario dies tomorrow. I can already feel the pain," another speculated.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Looks like Johnny is joining Otacon in the bone zone :quagmire:

dreamless
Dec 18, 2013

so soon after his brother, too :(

Weedle
May 31, 2006

let mario retire. he is old

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

The stage is set for the Age of Waluigi

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Yet another massive No Man's Sky update incoming, with a mode where players start on the same planet and work together to explore, and some nebulous mention of "seasons"

No Man's Sky battle royale incoming itt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well that was a very cool chapter but it was also like 70% cutscenes, I hope there's a bit more game in my video game

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Any idea why Nintendo would suddenly be retiring their flagship series/character? As far as I can tell the games are still selling decently enough.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Larryb posted:

Any idea why Nintendo would suddenly be retiring their flagship series/character? As far as I can tell the games are still selling decently enough.

I think CNN managed to mistake jokes for rumors

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The United States posted:

The whole thing with the Colonel and Rose and Raiden is incredibly off-putting until they explain what is going on and even then that's quite a daytime soap opera subplot to make a big deal about in your game Kojiman

It's pretty hosed up even after they explain it, actually.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I think CNN managed to mistake jokes for rumors

Yeah, that’d make more sense honestly

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Larryb posted:

Unfortunately Mario has been cancelled for using the n word in his recently rediscovered 1987 autobiography

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, Mario isn't going away. Nintendo is just pulling some Disney Vault bullshit with 2 digital titles which means all of bupkiss for the 3D collection and kills a huge and popular online game for no reason.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Poopy-pants man Johnny turning out to be the most well-adjusted, handsome-est man in the entire series is Hideo's best joke ever and redeems everything else in MGS4.

Is he ever mentioned in Rising?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ChickenHeart posted:

Poopy-pants man Johnny turning out to be the most well-adjusted, handsome-est man in the entire series is Hideo's best joke ever and redeems everything else in MGS4.

I think MGS4 might be the last appearance of a Johnny in the Metal Gear series as far as I recall

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChickenHeart posted:

I mean, he does keep sexually assaulting people so I dunno about that.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gripweed posted:

MGS4 is fantastic and features the most romantic moment in any video game. RARITY DON'T WATCH THIS

link removed because apparently Awfulapp autoembeds Youtube links for some stupid reasons, but if you've played the game you know what I mean

NOBODY ELSE MAKE ANY COMMENTS THAT MIGHT SPOIL IT FOR RARITY, JUST AGREE THAT IS THE MOST ROMANTIC MOMENT IN ANY VIDEO GAME EVER

imho it's more romantic in Valkyria Chronicles 4 when the female lead calls the male lead a dingus and then they shake hands

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Larryb posted:

I think MGS4 might be the last appearance of a Johnny in the Metal Gear series as far as I recall
Yeah, MGS5 is a prequel and Revengeance has enough narrative distance to the events previous to the game that Johnny isn't really a factor.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm not going to probate any for it but please don't be inconsiderate and throw out unmarked spoilers for games people are posting about playing through, that's just incredibly rude.

Making like 8 posts in a row about it is kind of annoying too tho.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Larryb posted:

There's a reference to him in MGS V involving a port-a-john

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

This and Raiden vs. the Geckos and Vamp are my favourite two scenes in the entire series.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Cardiovorax posted:

I always thought it looked like Prague.

I think you're on the money. What about the South America portion?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mario is missing remake. luigi is looking for mario again but, this time, mario is dead and luigi is in denial. help luigi learn to cope with the loss of his brother

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, MGS5 is a prequel and Revengeance has enough narrative distance to the events previous to the game that Johnny isn't really a factor.

I think there might be a reference to him in Ground Zeroes but I’m not 100% sure on that.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I finally got the new Monster Hunter

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Wamdoodle posted:

There's a reference to him in MGS V involving a port-a-john

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsX2gQfyAp8

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My wife likes that movie.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

mkvltra posted:

I think you're on the money. What about the South America portion?
I think the landscape has something Venezuelan or Peruan to it. Just a gut feeling, though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

mario is missing remake. luigi is looking for mario again but, this time, mario is dead and luigi is in denial. help luigi learn to cope with the loss of his brother

There was a sprite animation on newgrounds i liked back in the day where mario is killed and luigi gets revenge but then it was actually all a dream and luigi uses his knowledge of mario's impending death to sacrifice himself instead

powerful

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 31, 2021

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Acerbatus posted:

I mean, he does keep sexually assaulting people so I dunno about that.

Considering that the majority of Metal Gear's adult characters are either traumatized warriors with untreated behavioral issues, sex creeps, or literal serial murderers, Johnny somehow manages to clear the bar while awkwardly-groping a butt before falling over and loudly farting.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Making like 8 posts in a row about it is kind of annoying too tho.

i enjoy reading people's impressions of the games they're playing

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looper posted:

i enjoy reading people's impressions of the games they're playing

Meanwhile I don't really care and think it would be more polite to condense things into one post instead of making five in a row, so I guess we're at an impasse. :shrug:

ChickenHeart posted:

Considering that the majority of Metal Gear's adult characters are either traumatized warriors with untreated behavioral issues, sex creeps, or literal serial murderers, Johnny somehow manages to clear the bar while awkwardly-groping a butt before falling over and loudly farting.

I think Snake and Otacon are pretty well adjusted, honestly.

Also the support cast of Rising, those guys are great.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Larryb posted:

there's a reference in Ground Zeroes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kj-d-7XFVw

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

the ethos of this site is :justpost:

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I for one enjoy seeing a big number next to the thread when I open my bookmarks

Weedle
May 31, 2006

congrats to microsoft hololens for its new lease on life, courtesy of the symbiotic relationship between silicon valley and the world's most destructive military

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Acerbatus posted:

I think Snake and Otacon are pretty well adjusted, honestly.
Decent people? Yes. Well-adjusted, though? gently caress no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

idk if that's really what it will look like because they appear to have photoshopped a render of the Tactical HoloLens onto troop.jpg