Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

haveblue posted:

Does he work for Bloomberg now?

It's a system that gives you a direct feed into market trades and news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah it's /pizza

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

YHVH's domain was atlus telling everyone who complained about how short it's dungeons were to suck their dicks.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Sometimes you don't even have to be on twitter, because people post the tweets elsewhere!

This poo poo drives me up the loving wall, if your gonna post something at least add some measure of content or opinion. I don't give a gently caress what some rando on Twitter thinks, and having six people making GBS threads on some dumb persons opinion without any actual discussion is boring

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Khanstant posted:

just make videogame flash cartoons on newgrounds again

I just wanna go back to when the internet was cool again

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Haven't play P5, but aren't the Personas pretty simple?

Yes and No. There a step above the average FF or DQ, but they aren't as mechanically complex as mainline or the other spinoffs in megaten, and they lag behind a lot of the rest of the Genre.

It's probably worth noting that DQ was created to be a series that anyone even an Elderly person or Salaryman who'd never touched a controller before could beat, they accomplished this by making the levels really matter in a way that they don't in most RPG's, DQ11 has done pretty well in keeping with that tradition.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

FYE is just like a Suncoast I'm guessing? Suncoast was the poo poo, got Most of Zeta Gundam for a buck a DVD when they closed out

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Thinking about playing P5 AGAIN (for a 4th time)
You might wanna slow your roll on that, I've beaten 4 eight times and seen the endurance run through three or so times, It kind of made me hate that game. Every playthrough exposes the cracks that you'd never see in regular play.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

So many places they could've put Snake Eater, I'm glad they held off and saved it for Ladder

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

it's a show about gay girls doing contests which are simultaneously a competition to put on the best performance and also a swordfight

also there's a lot of drama and ALSO the music slaps

e: it's not an arthouse thing, it's a calculated cynical attempt to sell a new idol group. But on the other hand, it's also proof that once in a while capitalism really can produce art
Oh your edit answered my question, Utena is transcendent for the medium, some poo poo made to sell a group cannot compare on any level.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ymgve posted:

What are the best PS3 download only exclusives?

Tokyo Jungle

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Counting calories is more important than an excersize regime in weight loss especially for someone overweight.

Calculate your total daily energy expenditure using a tdee calculator, and then start counting calories using myfitnesspal or chronomètre.

After that with knee problems you should probably restrict your cardio to walking, grab a pedometer and set your goal for something marginally difficult like 20,000 steps or so. Don't run running will destroy your knees, but you do need to move not using them will make the problem worse

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's really not like that at all, Modern people have an extremely unhealthy relationship with food. Normal portions of food to the Average person are absurd, and the way the food industry fills everything with cheap sugar and carbs doesn't help anything. Especially for someone relatively sedentary you can easily eat 1600 cals and feel just fine.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Really hosed up that the bond parody is horny

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

mkvltra posted:

Kombucha, oat melk, coffee, and water only.

Within 20 years I imagine refined sugars will be scheduled + controlled as a narcotic in the US.

Bro you have no idea how powerful the corn lobby in the US is. You do not gently caress with them

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tea and Coffee are disgusting. There's only three drinks a human needs.
Tap water
Diet Mountain Dew
Monster Ultra Zero

Walla posted:

My biggest hurdles have always been junk food and depression. Also my current job is mostly sedentary after having spent half my life on my feet for 8 hours or more a day. I've always been fat but 3 years ago I was only 205 and now I'm 240 and my blood pressure and sugar are slightly elevated so it's time to change what I can. Also I rarely eat fast food or drink soda but I will consume a bag of candy without a second thought and at 41 it's catching up to me.

You should hit up the Fitness Thread so you can get your gameplan going and hold yourself accountable

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876241&

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If we're posting food please behold this beautiful creation I've just made

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Every Youtube Eceleb and twitter poster should be thrown in a hole

For curry if your looking for Japanese style just grab the powder brick mix, that's what most the country uses and it tastes pretty decent

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

hatty posted:

The only curry I’ve ever had was some home made Indian curry at a friends house and it was too spicy for my baby tongue. His very nice wife cooked it so I made sure to suffer through two helpings for her sake.

Japanese Curry is actually derived from the british navies adaption of the indian cuisine. It's a significantly different beast from the indian type, beef stew is probably the closest thing in American cuisine.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You guys are a bunch of nerds, seeing a ripped shirtless dude mow down like a million dudes while screaming is loving badass

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'll accept the arguments agaisnt rambo only because time spent watching Rambo II is time not spent watching Tango and Cash, and that's time wasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Owx1hoqV0M

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

lets hang out posted:

that's a retcon, it was resident evil engine until they decided to use it for everything

Seems unlegit to me, Give me one example of Capcom ever retconing something before that.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mt.Framework is the mountain where Capcom HQ is. 山のフレームワーク in Japanese

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It was weird once Wizard started accepting bitcoin, I've never had to choose between Cardboard Crack and actual Crack before.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

He should have been playing Redemption, the attempt to make a Christian based Magic: The Gathering. I was once invited by a coworker to come play this game at their church because they knew I played MTG, I went and made a deck out of the spare cards they had and then beat them all very quite badly and they never invited me back again, so truly I was the winner.
This is super cool, and still being published. Kinda wanna get a few decks

Edit: The best thing I can say about Modern Magic is that it's at least still comprehensible to someone who was playing back in the day. I take one look at a modern Yu gi Oh card, and have zero clue what's going on

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 26, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Otacon stands for "Otaku Convention," because he loves animeJapanimation

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The royal content in P5 is probably the strongest writing persona's had since P2. Barring a few exceptional moments in P3

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It was pretty obvious a year before release that it was gonna be a trashfire

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

People that don't remember Witcher 1 and 2. :v:

I mean witcher 2 is the best game in the series

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also are people really saying "Witcher 3 wasn't that good"
It's a fine game. But it's very unfocused. The combat system is a step back from two, the inventory system is still total garbage, the way loot works is incredibly poorly done, You spend way to much time in detective mode, they never fixed some of the more egregious interrupts in dialogue.

And personally I find the story much weaker than two, in two you had two separate Act 2's to play through which each gave you a piece of the puzzle of the plot, while 3 spins it's wheels until it's climax...and then just keeps going past the logical end at Kaer Morhen, and ends with me fighting a total non entity who I don't give a poo poo about.

Having Imalirith be the main bad and then giving him zero screen presence was goofy as hell, I loving hated Henselt by the end of Act 2 of Witcher 2, I didn't give a gently caress about Imalirith.

2 Also had better environments, the siege at the beginning had a better scale than anything in 3, despite 3 having the equivalent of a world war going on. And the cool ancient ruins of elves and overgrown almost untouched forests. 3 Has a swamp I don't wanna be in, a forest I don't wanna be in, a cold forest I don't wanna be in, and a city that's cool.

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 30, 2021

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blue Labrador posted:

I've been watching videos of console start up noises, and I think my favorites are the PS1, the Dreamcast, and the PS2. Aesthetically, I just love pairing the idea of "high-tech" with ethereal, haunting synths.

The gamecube stands out to me as being the funnest of them all. The second string of the PS2 one is the most terrifying, if you hear it either your game is borked or the laser is, pure terror

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

Heads up the MG AC!D games are a little rough. 2 is a bit better but go in with minimal hype

Ac!d has one of the craziest plots in metal gear, absolute lunacy. 2 plays and looks better, but its plot is like Tom Clancy level.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

MGS4: Holy poo poo the rail shooter section through the streets of Europe is :krad:

That part when getting the Big Boss Emblem is loving hard as balls,
Eva dies in two or three hits so you have to pinpoint precision pop everyone in the head with a tranq dart before they start seeing you.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wish the survival crafting games were like lost in blue and not all lovely minecraft or ark ripoffs

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

MGs4 is bad

It's great. The only tps better than it is mgsv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gex novel number one. Everything else z tier