Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

VideoGames posted:

My Top five MCU films are:

5. Spiderman: Far From Home
4. Thor: Ragnarok
3. Spiderman: Homecoming
2. Gotg 2
1. Iron Man 3

I'd swap GOTG2 and Iron Man 3 and maybe bump Spidey 2 for Infinity War but otherwise this is me.

The nerds I associate with always think I'm joking when I say I like GotG 2 best. Dickhead the lot of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Apparently some shakycam Elden Ring gameplay trailer footage is doing the rounds on the ol' blogosphere. Set expectations to maximum every time any platform makes an announcement for the rest of the year.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/madhat31/status/1365773588586987522?s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm generally not a fan of actually watching horror movies because I don't like watching people be killed or tortured, but I still love horror and reading about said movies because it lets me go at my own pace instead of sticking with whatever pace the film goes at.

:yeah: I can't stomach watching the Saw series at all, but every time one comes out I love reading the synopsis of the batshit insane plot and ridiculous traps.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

I liked stormblood a lot shrugging emoji

Me too but it's definitely the weakest of the three for me. That puts it miles ahead of almost every WoW expansion though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Arrrthritis posted:

funny how WoW managed to break the cycle already by the most recent releases being good-bad-bad

Also everyone hated the good WoW expacs too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bovis posted:

Wow I'm sort of surprised with how FF X starts, somehow I didn't realise how "modern" the world was in it. Only played a bit less than an hour but I'm into this intro so far :D

Yeah I think X is my favourite setting of the series, all things considered. Spira feels like a really rich place and a lot of the aesthetic choices are pretty out there (belts included).

It's also the only game in the whole series which strikes a balance between making the world feel like a huge empty map and XIII's approach of the boring featureless corridor. If you really boil it down X is one big long corridor too, but it never really feels that way because it's so much better paced and has actual towns and NPCs and things to see and do.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

exquisite tea posted:

I'd say that FFX becoming a more linear and focused story freed up its creators to create a lived-in and believable setting instead of the often haphazard mishmash of fantasy tropes you see in a lot of earlier FF games.

Definitely this. It's arguably the most cohesive FF world of the lot.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Harrow posted:

I've been wanting a new actual RPG from Mistwalker for a while but why does it have to be for Apple Arcade, c'mon now :negative:

This isn't Lost Odyssey 2. wtf.

The 7th Guest posted:

very few games have remained exclusive to apple arcade except for stuff that only makes sense on a phone (guildlings for example)

a couple others include various daylife from square and chuchu rocket universe from sega

the majority only had timed exclusivity, sometimes only as long as a couple of weeks

I just remembered I have an Apple Arcade iPad trial. Are there any actually interesting games on there that I can't find in my infinite Steam backlog? This one might be the first I actually try out.

stev fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 2, 2021

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They've already moved the company website to Epic's servers, I see.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cardiovorax posted:

How many of the pro-graffiti folks here own any property? Just wondering.

Don't grafitti people's homes. Who gives a gently caress about property beyond that though?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

e double

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't think my brain will ever accept gacha as a valid form of entertainment. I know everything I do is meaningless because it's all determined by a weighted money powered algorithm so I'm just miserable the whole time I play them.

Like I briefly tried getting into the Fire Emblem phone game but after an hour of being thrown freebie character after freebie character it just became white noise.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If I'd bought a level skip and missed even the poo poo parts of FFXIV's story I definitely wouldn't have bothered getting to the end. It'd be like6 like paying extra to start FF7 half way through disc 2.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

Valve might as well just shut the game down then.

This way at least means the 8 people who still play it can continue to do so.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bovis posted:

Ok I love how dumb Tidus seems

He's the ultimate himbo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Man I really wish they'd do something with FFX/Spira on modern systems. Even a storyline in FFXIV would be cool (which we could potentially get in Endwalker I guess since Anima's a thing).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rarity posted:

https://twitter.com/Troylus_true/status/1367646558209052674

The alt-right guy hosed off from the Hogwarts game

I'm excited to see the 45 minute long video entitled "I have been silenced" get 5 million views.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

lmao, not even pausing before jumping into the grift. This must have worked out exactly as he'd hope.

He was probably hoping he'd be fired but that didn't happen so he cancelled himself.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

A new Warioware game should be bundled with Nintendo Online and constantly updated with new microgames.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Looper posted:

wario ware gold is less than three years old and intelligent systems has too many series on its plate

3DS doesn't count.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

hatty posted:

They’re dead op

Wikipedia says they still exist and have employees but I guess they just don't do anything these days. :shrug:

I'm always astounded at the ability of employee having developers to have no output whatsoever. Everyone at Retro was apparently wanking into a sock for five years and they somehow turned a profit.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barudak posted:

I mean, the issue kind of is Shin-chan is a childrens show with like 2,000 episodes while what americans are familiar with is like 50 episodes redubbed with crude humor added and a child who loves Ronald Reagan.

I remember they used to air it on Fox Kids right after Jackie Chan Adventures and I thought it was some sort of prequel.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I didn't bother downloading Avengers during the beta or free weekend so I don't think I'll be downloading it now that they've made it grindier.

I'm surprised Disney haven't done an official canon MCU game yet on top of the movies and TV shows. Maybe in phase 5.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Real hurthling! posted:

yakuza is the deepest beat em up

Emotionally and spiritually deep yes

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The only mystery thing in that list is from their mobile division so I'm gonna not bother getting excited.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Quasimodo predicted this

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What if I already have all these games and haven't played them in a decade op?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Convex posted:

:same:

I want to go hunting treasure in Wind Waker but I have spreadsheets to review :smithicide:

Sounds like a full day of staring at grids.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I love to sleep but I hate going to bed.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

No one looks forward to The Rotten.

E: DS2 has the loveliest main hub music of pretty much any game. Look forward to that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cardiovorax posted:

Huh. I just tried to return something to Amazon and they just said "sure, here's your money, keep the thing, we don't need it back." I guess that's kinda neat? Free PC case fan for me, yay.

Afaik they don't give a poo poo unless you start repeatedly returning stuff. Their margins are so huge it'd probably cost them more to process it coming back in than they'd get reselling it.

Only because they criminally underpay the suppliers, warehouse staff and delivery drivers and don't pay tax though. :capitalism:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lmao I just saw a MonHun Rise TV spot and all the gameplay footage was 15fps max.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Hi are you watching sky sports too?

Yeah it's poo poo

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The arsenal v Tottenham game? its pretty dire but its helping mothers day pass

I guess but I'd rather be watching Sopranos or something.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My friend played on my save of Pokemon Red and nicknamed a bunch of Pokemon things like bum and poo. I deleted the save because I was worried I'd get in trouble if my parents or Nintendo saw.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Arzaac posted:

I had a gamecube memory card that was 1024 blocks. I imagine it must have been third party because it got corrupted and I lost like, all of the save data that was on it. It didn't look like 3rd party though, it looked like an official memory card.

At any rate I lost the first 20 hours of Skies of Arcadia and that's why I've never finished Skies of Arcadia.

Oh yeah I had two third party Gamecube memory cards straight up melt in the ports (like, there was actual smoke and molten plastic) so I lost everything. I was devastated.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

VideoGames posted:

Lady VG cannot stand the fact that I always use save slot 2 when starting games.

I'm with LVG. Why would anyone do this?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I food food every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1371901088727699472

Looks pretty likely that Blizzcon is dead as an in-person event.