Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

they're keeping him on ice until we reopen again so thousands can catch covid at his funeral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

any other leader

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

jessflaps will do the needful and turn labour into the SDP

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i dont understand how anyone could defend the GIC. Every person I know that has tried to use it has numerous horror stories that boggle the mind and defy explanation outside of it being a transphobic front that exists to torture trans people.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Julio Cruz posted:

why is Vitamin P not threadbanned yet

gotta give people a million chances for people to be horrible pieces of poo poo for whatever reason.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Vitamin P posted:

Nah that was an obvious lie just like you're obviously lying now and I could not give a gently caress how many other lovely posters you wrangle to say what exactly? You're saying that you changing the quote text was actually because you were separating out the the points to reply to them all separately, which you literally didn't do, you didn't even post anything resembling that, you're just lying.

Your threat that 'other trans people will agree with my lie!' like it's some sort of woke clout shield is again disgusting, you seem to think you're some trans civil rights leader but you aren't that, you're a nasty little liar that seems more concerned with being able to bully people effectively than in achieving any kind of actual trans liberation.

Vitamin P posted:

Presumably because I actually give a poo poo about UK politics, just like I actually give a poo poo about trans people.

are you ever going to actually post why you think the GIC is Good Actually or do you just intend to keep personally attacking Rumda

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Vitamin P posted:

Again you're just lying.

Getting the Edit history of accounts is probably something that can be done, I'm legit gonna send an email asking because you are just lying.

weird that you will go through the effort of emailing to get the edit history but not say why you think the GIC is good.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Is youse not a UK wide thing?

nope, should be though.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

goddamnedtwisto posted:

In fact I feel like I need to put a bit more substance into my last post. A lot of posters in this thread were *way* more aggressive in running off several perfectly good posters (including some really loving creepy helldumping in one case) for just *mentioning* they voted Kier Starmer - not even arguing after the fact it was a good choice, just saying (and even in one case *joking*) that they went against the groupthink in this most heinous way than they've ever been in attacking people claiming there is a religious basis to the child sex abuse cases in Rotherham, concern-trolling about the alt-right, or defending Luke loving Bozier.

Now we're into what is going to be YET ANOTHER - by my reckoning about the 10th - round of "<x> is gendered, it mustn't ever be used" which will inevitably generate into another bunch of bellowing at cross purposes for at least a couple of days without moving the needle one iota in any direction; there will no doubt be a very long argument over the word oval office, and I'm certain at least one completely earnest argument that a very obviously gendered word is in fact not gendered.

I'm just tired. There's no fun in this thread any more, it's getting more and more vicious, and some of the dullest people in the entire world are somehow creeping into every single page with literally nothing to say but because they've managed to latch onto the right side of an argument for once in their pointless existences they're going to post and post and post and post and post. It's become - like all leftist spaces tend to - just one long and sustained argument about the exact topology of the collective navel, rather than something that is even vaguely informative, entertaining, or even comradely.

And yes, talking of boring inevitability, this is probably about the twentieth time I've done a variation of this rant and flounced off. I will sneak back in at some point, possibly even later tonight, because nothing in this world ever really changes, let alone improves.

lmao

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

*slams ice cold milk glass on the table* this thread is to be more welcoming or so help me god I will start posting the shittiest I've ever posted and you will all regret this

and the mods will do nothing because I have trained Seamus Milne to do my bidding

very keir starmer of you to promise no fundamental change.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

It is increasingly difficult to have a fun environment when there simply isn't anything to be happy about. There is no worthwhile political advocacy, there is no improvement, there is only everything getting worse all of the time.

people simply need to become jokerfied.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i wouldn't be shocked if the person who bought rumda's new av and twistos were the same person, just trying to stir poo poo.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I hope we abolish the monarchy in my lifetime. That would be nice.

i think we should go with the french model of monarchy removal, personally.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Vitamin P posted:

I only know Buck Angel because he did a voiceover on the Contrapoints video that got her sort-of-cancelled, there might be a more morally perfect ftm but he's a good visual example of how absurd 'girl chromosomes mean you're a girl, literally everything else can be ignored!' is.

The person on the right is a trans e-girl that came out of 4chan and is obsessed with D&D, again there might be a more morally perfect mtf but she's a good visual example of how absurd 'boy chromosomes mean you're a boy, literally everything else can be ignored!' is.

Edit: who they are isn't the point, the point is that 'gender critical' wierdos are so obsessed with biological minutia even in the face of experiential, moral, philisophical and sociological facts. The point isn't that these particular trains people pass so they're good, it's that the idea that chromosomes matter a gently caress is nonsense. Gender self-identity is the only framework that actually allows 2+2 to equal 4.

Edit 2: \/ No?

so just to clarify you still think the GIC is doing a good job?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Vitamin P started attacking Rumda over her claim that the GIC is bad but refuses to actually give his opinion in it or trans healthcare, I was seeing if he'd actually state his beliefs for a change instead of actively attacking the same poster over and over.

others have done a very good job of explaining what the GIC is and why it's poo poo.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

keith is one bad day away from rebranding labour to the BUF

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Lungboy posted:

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1371134757183107079

gently caress off Starmer you useless poo poo.

cop, we live in a cop society.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

By living in the middle of nowhere I presume.

I mean if you're willing to live in Girvan in Ayrshire, which is nearly 2 hours by train from Glasgow, 3 bedroom terraced house for sale on Rightmove for £64k. Of course the downside is that I'm not sure what work is in the area without bare minimum having to travel 20 miles to Ayr because it's a small seaside town of about 6,000 people.

plenty of cheap houses in middlesbrough too, only at the price of seeing what 40% child poverty does to an area.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

E: ^^ lol up the boro

I simply deal with the place being horrible by never going anywhere else so it's just what everywhere is like as far as I'm concerned.

i'm very lucky that most of the time when I go to visit my friends it's in blackpool which is just as nightmareish as the boro so I don't suffer the envy much.

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, it's not coincidental that if you google "most affordable towns in the UK" you get places in County Durham & Ayrshire & the Rhondda, places decimated by the closure of industry in the '80s.

it's a shame, I remember when I was optimistic about corbyn winning an election and I thought how much better off places like that can be if they just had a bit of investment for the first time.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

I've never been to blackpool but I just imagine it's like a bigger redcar.

i'd actually argue it's worse than redcar, because redcar is merely grim and abandoned while blackpool has hordes of seagulls ready to murder you for a chip and they are aggressive and used to getting what they want, they don't even shut up at night.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Guavanaut posted:

Who would actually be worse for the North out of Sunak or whatever amorphous austerity blob Police Farter has extruded into the current shadow chancellorship? (I'd genuinely have to look this up, I think it got pushed out of my brain to make room for a fact about truck relays).

it dosen't matter which tory is in charge, their treatment of the north would just be degrees of hatred.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

lmao boris is gona announce the break up of the UK from his gaudy trump set.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

The Perfect Element posted:

The Churchill statue guard thing is so loving creepy and weird. There's not even anyone nearby. I know why they're doing it (culture war deflection), but surely for anyone but the most absolutely frothing gammon the optics are just completely bizarre.

churchill is the perfect symbol for Britain, he represents everything rotten about this country perfectly and succinctly.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

that waiting list is now longer than I have been alive.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

:sickos:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

well he has experience losing northern marginals so i'm sure this will end well.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i think the truth is in the middle

pissflaps is a disease.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

josh04 posted:

Are we allowed to mention actual forum user Lord Andrew Adonis, the real Lord Adonis, who was banned for demanding a fight in a Tesco car park, presumably over HS2?

that guy should be unbanned

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

So if Labour eat poo poo in this by-election and then in the locals, how will the Guardian blame Owen Jones?

Trash Future this week has Kesvani talking about how he went to check on the die-hard Starmer twitter bubble and how they were almost talking as if Starmer didn't exist, instead focusing on grievances about CLPs and the ever-present danger of the Owen Jones.

they will probably unironically blame the NIP, label them corbynism continued and talk about how antisemetic it is to oppose labour.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Jedit posted:

Japanese and Koreans are the same ethnicity, but feel free to tell them it's hipster nationalism.

rocking up to the balkans and saying to all former yugoslav countries "uhh, seems like youve got some hipster nationalism going on lads"

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Any labour rebels or did they just get enough of a boost from the DUP and other assorted flag fuckers?

pretty sure ian paisley jr actually spoke out against the bill pretty strongly, in one of the most cursed "worst guy you know makes a good point" moments.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

all this effort for loving paul williams lmfao, I know some people who lived in stockton south and they had gently caress all good to say about him and they were remainers, so im sure Hartlepool will love him.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Noxville posted:

Lmao at us posting the exact same things one after each other in the NIP Discord too

ukmt entryism into the NIP is alive and well.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Ferrosol posted:

Add me to that list. I campaigned for the prick at the last election. 13 hours I spent on election day not to mention going out several nights a week beforehand. Did he show up to help? Did he gently caress. He always had somewhere "important" to be which turned out to be taking Saudi money to say sawing journalists in half is cool and good.

To make matters worse he immediately turned round after the election and blamed Jeremy Corbyn for him losing and not the fact that he's the biggest FBPE around in a constituency that voted 2/3rds leave. Just one more prick in the long chain of lovely MP's we've had over the years. The nicest thing you can say about him is that he isn't James Wharton.

Here's hoping his humiliation is large and spectacular

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

I'm skeptical of the notion of gifted children because they thought I was one and lol no I was just an early peaker.

same but I also got to experience how schools treated you if you peak extremely early and are a bad kid which uh, I can't recommend really, to anyone.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Maugrim posted:

I had a preop assessment ten days after my AZ vaccine and the nurse who took my blood was like "wow this is really thick blood, you need to drink more water", should I be worried

(I'm not especially worried, I really am poo poo at drinking enough)

thick blood is better than thin blood, atleast.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

learnincurve posted:

We need to stop putting pressure on teenagers and forcing them into doing the GCSE, A level, Uni route and setting it in stone at year 9. Local Unis are super flexible with points so if it’s what they want let the kid do the practical college course in a the subject they enjoy while they figure out what they want to do next, and if they need a 4th uni year so be it.

for an example of how flexible they are, I had one GCSE at c or above so I did a level 1 course for art and design, a level 2 in games design and a level 3 in humanities before doing an access course in humanities and getting into uni (to do journalism)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

others 24 seems like alot more than just greens+NI

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

https://twitter.com/PaulWilliamsLAB/status/48741052454158336

this guy is a loving goldmine of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

fridge corn posted:

Not all domestic abuse is physical

abuse deez nuts