Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

MikeCrotch posted:

The Venn diagram of people demanding claps and people who use the story of people refusing to be the first to stop clapping after a Stalin speech is a circle

That's not how Venn diagrams work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

IllusionistTrixie posted:

edit does imgur not allow image linking anymore?

https://imgur.com/a/W2H4vNI

This triggers me.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Lungboy posted:

Paying for a cat is utterly insane when there are RSPCA and other centres rammed full of them needing good homes.

Well this depends if you want one cat or not. If you want multiple cats it's always better to have siblings so they get along better and are less stressed, which is hard to get from an adoption centre. In fact bringing two adult cats who don't know each other (and may or may not have had a traumatic experience) into a new home at the same time is almost definitely not going to be fun for the cats involved.

The Perfect Element posted:

Paying for cats is both insane AND immoral imo. There's no way people should be profiting from breeding cats; either they're just moggies so like... where's the value? or they're pedigrees, in which case, stop encouraging eugenics and inbreeding, you weirdo.

People who own a cat who's had kittens have incurred costs for vets/food etc so it's not unreasonable to charge something for them, but these recent prices look insane compared to what they were in the past.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Dead Goon posted:

My brother and sister cats were from the RSPCA.

It was very easy.

Good for you but it's clearly not "very easy" if, for example, you lived here in Edinburgh then the only listing on their website that isn't an individual adult cat are a group of adult sphinx cats that have ongoing serious health problems.

https://www.scottishspca.org/rehome/rehome-find-a-pet?type[27]=27&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1pyCBhCtARIsAHaY_5cq_NbT8CkD8C0IoMO46W_aux2vJpnK2VElFVCJnd-xqf4LxSaqN6oaApBZEALw_wcB

edit: lol they have a url encoded parameter with square brackets in who made that website

edit2: It's also not clear what all these people lecturing others on getting cats off gumtree think will happen to all these kittens born to normal households with a female cat. Very few listings I ever saw on gumtree would be from what you could consider a "breeder".

Lord of the Llamas fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 9, 2021

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Comrade Fakename posted:

Laurence Fox has found the ultimate way to destroy antifa - MORE STATUES

https://twitter.com/LozzaFox/status/1371428500637417474

I won't be surprised if he outpolls the Tory candidate with this strategy.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

SHOW YOURSELF DAWN YOU COWARD WE KNOW YOU'RE HERE!

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1372655182295793664

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Lord of the Llamas I have a political cartoon for you to enjoy

That Euler diagram seems to assert that none of the alt-right are fascists or weirdos!

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Borrovan posted:

They've got nerds overlapping both fascists & alt-right so imo it was just an honest mistake: alt-right should be the overlap between nerds & fascists.

Can't account for the misfits & weirdos though

e: or "no fascists are megalomaniacs", jfc :godwin:

A Venn diagram would clearly be more appropriate to show all the relevant sets in this case.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Pregnant? Love cheese? Have fondue!

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

That's a lot of crazy poo poo in such a short wikipedia :stonk:

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Borrovan posted:

Wait who's the third? I can only name the other interim acting co-leader because I know her son (lol), but I thought it was just her & the current one?

Also, what's a lib dem?

Vince Cable?

Edit: Nope he was actual leader before Swinson. I actually didn't realise they had "co-leaders" during the most recent period. As if anyone cared who their leader was never mind a co-leader.

Lord of the Llamas fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 23, 2021

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Red Oktober posted:

My parents had a knock on the door within 2 minutes of the John Lewis van leaving having delivered their cooker to see if they could take the old one away. They must have either followed the van or had a call from their mate in it when my parents didn't want to pay the £80 or so to have JL take the old one away.

I saw one of these do an absolute flyer down one of the estates in Bermondsey during the high winds last year. For the size and weight of them, when the wind gets under they can reach a remarkable height.

As someone who recently had an appliance delivered from JL; it's 20 quid to have your old one taken away so I don't know who told your parents 80.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Aphex- posted:

For the past however long office work has been a thing (100+ years? I dunno) everyone who would have worked better from home during that time has had to suck it up and go to the office every day of the week. Now that technology allows so many people to WFH, and be happier for it (me included) I've seen so many people whining about missing the office and telling people they should go back. gently caress you I've had to put up with being dragged in to the office 5 days a week going stir crazy, most of the time not even having to talk to anyone when I'm AT work for my entire working life up to this point.

Once things do eventually go back to normal, everyone who has the ability to WFH should have the option to WFH has much as they want imo.

Excluding landlords and bosses in the media I've seen nor heard almost nobody say they want to go back to an office 5 days a week. I don't even think it's representative of bosses as I don't even know anyone whose employer is planning on insisting on it, including people who work for massive companies like Blackrock etc.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

jaete posted:

lol, how

they were making massive losses every day from day 1

Isn't that because it was just a giant scam for the founder to acquire property using other people's money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

Apropos of nothing XML is loving terrible.