Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

MikeCrotch posted:

I always forget how many LARP goons there are out there

Need to resurrect the LARP thread in trad games again

Someday when all of this is over with, we should have a goonmeet in a field somewhere.

Though given my experience, it'll consist of a load of people who know each other by sight going 'WTF, you're one too?!' (Like three seperate people in one of my groups turned out to be non-posting followers of this thread)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

New Fudge Released!

It's time for what will now be the regular biweekly release of new stocks of delicious sweet sweet fudge!

We have six flavours live on https://www.fudjit.co.uk now for your delectation and delight!

Original Vanilla
Toblerone
Apple Pie
Irish Cream
Whisky and Candied Ginger

And our newest flavour:
Bakewell Tart: Dried organic cherries soaked overnight in Amaretto, then smothered in our delicious fudge flavoured with even more Amaretto for a delicious flavour burst that's like a bakewell tart in fudge form! It's got real fruit in it, so it's got to be healthy, right?

Head over to the website now to make your order, and be warned- things tend to sell out quickly, so don't delay!

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

All fudge orders will ship this afternoon

So if you’ve been holding off on ordering but want to get fudged up this week, you have about two hours left to get an order in at https://www.fudjit.co.uk :)

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Jakabite posted:

Camrath get on this and I PROMISE to stop forgetting to buy your lovely fudge

I love the idea, but I’m not sure fudge would be firm enough to hold its shape outside the mould for something as small as a .303

Now a .50BMG, maybe..

Incidentally I’m currently pricing out moulds- if I were to offer solid fudge Easter Eggs, would people be interested?

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Maugrim posted:

How big are we talking?

From what I can tell, the moulds are hen-egg sized.

How that will work out in terms of weight I won’t know till I can eggsperiment.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Fumble posted:

Would you consider having a go at peshwari spiced fudge?

I’d need to know what spices are used for that, but if they can be easily obtained then certainly! The PSF/Apple Pie fudges have been consistently delicious and popular.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

kecske posted:

do any of the other fudges have nuts in or would this be a foray into the exciting world of managing food allergens

I’ve made peanut butter flavour in the past. Though I’m yet to use whole nuts.

But between the dairy, the soy in my vegan flavours and several more specific allergens people have raised, I’m on top of it. My labelling is FSA compliant and I avoid cross contamination as much as is possible in a domestic kitchen.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

All fudge orders have now shipped!

Apologies for the slight delay- this is down to the Post Office website eating my shipping manifest. Twice.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Games wise, I’ve recently got into Elite Dangerous in VR. Given my appalling adhd it’s pretty sweet to have a game I can properly immerse myself in, and not be looking at my phone every two minutes.

My wife calls it ‘space assholing’ and I can’t really disagree. Stick on a podcast, shut out the world and commit space war crimes. Hell yeah.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

That would be the reference, yeah. My wife doesn’t really ‘do’ games, but is utterly obsessed with that song.

And now it’s stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Two of my cats were rescued from our neighbourhood- Bobby was living in a Wendy house in next door’s garden because he didn’t get on with kids, or men or anything due to an abusive upbringing, and Rosa turned up yelling at my door last summer (as I’m sure a lot of you remember).

Digby admittedly was a pedigree Maine coon, but we’d just lost our previous rehomed MC and really wanted another giant fluffy arsehole in our lives. We took great care to make sure his genetics weren’t a Gordian knot of cat incest, and as far back as we could find there’s been no interbreeding. He was our first wedding anniversary present to each other, the runt of his litter. Poor boy has anxiety and IBS due to issues with his mum (her milk dried up when he was still tiny- this was in the super hot summer of 2018). But given I have those same issues.. yeah.

They are all dearly loved. Rosa rules our household and Bob is super-bonded to my wife and hates everyone and everything else.

Here they are providing valuable help* with building some IKEA furniture

*Not help at all, made the whole thing take twice as long.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Maugrim posted:

Once you have your diagnosis and your meds have been appropriately adjusted (which will take a couple of follow-up appointments most likely) you can just take the prescription to your GP and, assuming they are cool with it which they mostly will be, get the drugs on the NHS.

There’s a big ‘if’ there though.

I’m prescribed Ritalin for ADHD and Buproprion as an off-label anti depressant. Together these come to about £90 a month with a private prescription. Some of you may remember me posting about the troubles I had with my London GP this time last year, where they ended up cutting me off and leaving me with zero reserves for reasons that they never bothered to explain.

However today I finally plucked up the nerve to call the lovely GP in the next village over to see what could be done. Got a call-back from the Doctor himself in less than an hour, and was told ‘we need to figure out how to make this work, but we will. Have a month’s supply to be going on with.’

I don’t know if it’s possible, but if you do have issues getting prescriptions then changing GP can work wonders.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Necrothatcher posted:

Willing to bet Jared O'Mara had an account on here at some point.

Wasn’t he from the DitS bizarro-world UKMT forum?

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Bobstar posted:

Gifted children don't need nurturing into super-geniuses, they need to be taught how to learn even though they seem to absorb everything easily. And maybe be checked for ADHD even though they're not "naughty" or "thick".

Signed, me

Also, Apple Music plus vinyl is the top combo

Oh god so much this.

I am (according to teachers, psychologists and other professionals) stupidly intelligent (the phrase is used advisedly). IQ (for what it’s worth) in the 160s, and up until GCSE level I never needed to actually study for a single thing in my life. I just soaked up knowledge like a sponge.

And then everything utterly collapsed around me when I needed to understand rather than just know things. Never learned to study, turned out I have massive ADHD and autism, and suddenly finding myself floundering when I was ‘supposed’ to be achieving amazing things set off a whole host of comorbid MH poo poo.

Add to that the fact my school at the time did streaming rather than setting (ie you got put in one ‘advanced’ class for everything if you were considered gifted) and the top stream in my year was loving toxic, and frankly I consider it something of a miracle I completed my schooling at all.

Even then I had to retake one of my a-levels with a private tutor during my gap year (which took my grade from an E to a high B).

If I’d have been born five years later I loving guarantee I would have had my various issues picked up on and been given support for them, rather than constantly being screamed at and punished for not applying myself.

Sorry, got off topic there a bit. Absolutely not bitter twenty plus years later, no sir.

Edit: 1995 was when I was put into the above mentioned top stream, and one of the worse years of my life.

Camrath fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 18, 2021

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Surprise T Rex posted:

My (incredibly poo poo, now-closed) secondary school had a "Gifted and Talented" program, where we'd get to tour local universities and stuff.

I feel like I'm quite smart, but my school reports were always "if he could apply himself more" and "does well in things that interest him", which has always been a problem for me, especially with forcing myself to revise before my GCSEs and stuff. Immediately after finishing school, I made sure to only ever pick further education courses that had 0 exams and were entirely coursework-based (and then procrastinated on that badly enough that I had to resit one module over the summer every year I was at uni).

I wish I'd picked up something practical like woodworking tbh (not that they even offered me that at my school, as a GCSE), I could live in the woods and sell hand-built artisanal cabinets for a living or something.

Echoing the wish for practical training.

When I was a young teen I wanted to be a gunsmith; I’ve mentioned before how I made a musket for my GCSE cdt design-and-make, and still feel if I’d been allowed to continue along that path I would have probably ended up much happier (and probably much richer) in adult life.

But hey, now I make fudge instead, which is by far the most satisfying job I’ve had in my life. And frankly, at an hourly rate it’s sure as hell not badly paying either. I earned more p/h as a personal trainer but I loving /sucked/ at finding clients.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Failed Imagineer posted:

Can you not combine interests and make a fudge gun? This can be either a gun made of fudge or a gun that shoots fudge, I'm not particular

Fudge as a projectile would be theoretically possible, if pointless. You’d have to create some sort of sabot for it. Or I guess, fudge shotgun slugs. I’ve shot wax shells before which weren’t /that/ much harder than some of the batches I’ve made. Toffee would work better.

Red Oktober posted:

After-workout fudge recovery bars. You know it can be a thing. Do it.

Genuinely considered this. Basically by combining my normal recipe with protein powders and other bits and bobs.

OwlFancier posted:

You thought black powder firearms were unreliable and high maintenence, wait until you see our new deflagrating fudge firearms.

‘Deflagrating Fudge Firearms’ will be the name of my next band.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Mebh posted:

I am very sad at there being no more Mr kipling fudge. It was like a bakewell tart exploded in my mouth.

I don't know how you did it Camrath but goddamn. I worship your altar of fudgey goodness.

Let your sadness be quelled- I’m making another batch of it tomorrow for my Easter collection :)

There will also be fudge-eggs. Keep an eye on the website on this coming Wednesday for the next stock release :)

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

stev posted:

Bring the full force of the FSA down on them like a tonne of bricks.

Speaking of dodgy food my local Chinese has a big sticker on the door, and from the inside you can see through the back of the sticker and it's covering a 3* FSA rating. That's illegal right? It's been like that for years. I also don't want to know what the gently caress they did to get 3*.

I hold a 5*, and it is... not difficult to get. At all. And I’m a loving slob at the best of times. It’s certainly made me a lot warier of where I eat.

Like have (and use) hand washing facilities, a cleaning system and practice sensible food storage. That’s literally all you really need to do. If you combine that with HACCP paperwork and understanding then you almost have to consciously try to get a low rating.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Easter Fudge On Sale!

The world's a mess and the country is going to poo poo, so why not treat yourself to a delicious Easter/non denominational egg-based spring festival treat? It may not fix anything, but it'll make you feel better!

Here at Fudjit towers we've been slaving away to produce a veritable mountain of stock to satisfy your sweet tooth. Our flavours for Easter are as follows.

Original Vanilla
Dark Chocolate
Cherry Bakewell
Pretzelicious
Vegan Cookie

Easter Specials!

Most Eggscellent
- Dark Chocolate fudge surrounding mini-eggs for a choccy double-whammy
Eggstremely Naughty - Our stickiest, most calorific creation yet! A creme egg nestled in a nest of chocolate fudge. Have insulin on standby!
Vanilla and Chocolate Fudge Eggs Our delicious fudges, now in a seasonal form factor! Strictly limited edition on these!

All fudge is sold in nominal 100g bags (mostly closer to 130g) except for the Eggstremely Naughty, which comes in at 80g.

All stock is now live and available to purchase at https://www.fudjit.co.uk - hurry and order now to ensure arrival before the Easter holiday and to avoid disappointment!

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

stev posted:

If I was to hypothetically spend all my money on these as a gift, would I be safe to keep it hidden at room temperature until Easter weekend? I don't know much about fudge storage.

It'll be fine at reasonable room temperatures until the end of April, but the texture will be even nicer if kept in the fridge. The vanilla in particular is soft and benefits from being kept cold.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

All outstanding fudge orders will ship at 1400 today- so if you want to ensure you’ll have delicious goodies in time for Easter, time to head over to https://www.fudjit.co.uk and make it happen!

I’ll be shipping next week, but with the postal service being what it is I can’t guarantee parcels will make it before the holiday.

Cheers :)

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

feedmegin posted:

We went to Nottingham once and bae accidentally ended up driving on the tram tracks

Literally done the exact same thing.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Darth Walrus posted:

BTW, Camrath, fudge arrived, and one minor complaint - each bag was a single slab rather than individual chunks, making sharing it amongst the family a tad more challenging.

Feedback is noted.

For the record, the reason for the switch to slabs is that people were already cutting the chunks into smaller pieces (quite wisely; each chunk was about 100cal on it’s own!). Given that it’s being cut smaller already for consumption, putting it in slabs means less surface area to expose to the air and thus increased shelf life.

It’s also a lot easier to pack, and spare me the sniggering at the back of the class. :p

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Darth Walrus posted:

Ah, fair enough, no worries, then. We'll survive, I'm sure.

It’s an experiment- most parcels should drop today, so I’m waiting to see what the general response is.

If people hate it, then I’ll be straight back to doing chunks :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

NoneMoreNegative posted:

honestly this would be fun for halloween time if you had a spare blacklight tube

https://www.cakecraftcompany.com/lookbook/glow-in-the-dark-edible-li17

NUKA-FUDGE

Holy poo poo, this requires further investigation.