Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It would not surprise me if in 5, 10 years documents reveal that Starmer was planted there to take the heat for the sheer destruction disaffiliating the unions from Labour would cause, and then disappear leaving the leadership free for a more palatable right winger to step in and scoop up the big donors.

Whether he realises that's why he's there or not is entirely another matter.

This will of course not work because the tories already exist.

MikeCrotch posted:

This is because they are incapable of analysing the fact that New Labour failed on its own terms and that their ideology is simply not very popular
No, Jeremy Corbyn used the vaccine nanomachines to travel back in time and remove all the poonds from Gordon Broon.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I really don't get what you're trying to say here. The project of the right wing of the party is to obliterate the left wing of the party. They don't care about winning an election, they don't care about changing the direction the country is in, and they *certainly* don't give a single poo poo about actually helping anyone who owns less than two homes, or at least all of those priorities come a very, very distant joint-last with actually even ensuring the continued existence of the Labour Party. I've seen nothing, apart from some very mild grumbling, that I would call undermining *of Starmer and the project*.
I think there are a few factions at play here.

Group 1 is the Starmer types who's only policy is that better things aren't possible so as not to scare off guardian readers. They probably genuinely believe that electoral success is possible if they just triangulate hard enough. For this example, they are the Wallet Inspected.

Group 2 are the right wing whatsapp leak types who actively want to run the party as tory lite. They would be perfectly happy to be opposition for life, as long as it means they can keep up the grift of having free cars and a london flat and an office and assistants. They facilitate group 1 on behalf of group 3. For this example, they are also the Wallet Inspected (by group 3), but think they are the Inspectors (of group 1).

Group 3 (who, if I'm honest, probably only exist in my paranoid conspiracy) are just straight up tories who are funding groups 1 and 2, and feeding group 1 fudged stats via group 2 to make them believe it might actually work. They want to watch the party implode and lose their spot as the main opposition. They are the Wallet Manufacturers for group 1 and Inspectors of group 2.

Group 4 (formerly Group 4 Securicor) is a British multinational security services company headquartered in London, England. The company was set up in 2004 when London-based company Securicor amalgamated with Danish business Group 4 Falck. The company offers a range of services, including the supply of security personnel, monitoring equipment, response units and secure prisoner transportation. G4S also works with governments overseas to deliver security, and are therefore the Wallet Police.

Group 5 is comprised of the unions, membership and party left, who are stood there in disbelief watching these idiots playing pass the wallet while the party burns. They haven't used wallets in years because they paypal local companies straight from their accounts (Wallet E-Girls?).

E: changed a few bits

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rise of the Diesels sounds like a Thomas the Tank Engine / Transformers crossover.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

come out ye black and pontans

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 2, 2021

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The fact that the front gate looks very similar to our local barracks makes me wonder how well a chain of army resorts would do, where you and your gammon family get to pretend you are in the army, get screamed awake at 6am and then are dragged through a day of training.

I am genuinely surprised this is not a thing, and no, I refuse to do even a cursory google.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I suppose you're right, probably the reason flaghumpers love Are Brave Boys so much is because they want extrajudicial killings done on brown people without having to actually do anything themselves.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

In other news:

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1366191901196644354?s=19

Watch Kieth flail about not knowing who to copy now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

TheRat posted:

That's a lot of mistakes for someone obviously reading off of a teleprompter. Seems odd to publish it like that.
Maybe it's less "You should join a union somewhat" and more 'He's still alive, honest."

(Video credits may contain Henson studios employees)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

peanut- posted:

I thought Starmer's point was good when he said Sunak got through his whole speech without once mentioning the NHS or social care or really unemployment, but it didn't land. Probably because he said in in his godawful moaning voice.
"Well I think we need to be very clear, the government is not only right to do everything they've done, but I've also been very naughty and need to be punished. Call me dirty. Call me a dirty boy Mr Dacre, I want to be your piggy little hog."

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Communist Thoughts posted:

I think this is extremely naive about the level of racism among the British imo

"I wouldn't care if she was EVEN BLACKER but she should act proper" is the kinda thing a racist taxi driver sez
I tend to look to my father in law to see what the racist take on any issue is now, and his argument was literally that there are too many muslims (anyone not visibly white or african descent is muslim) in public life, what's next, a muslamic on the throne??? Well if Megan so-called Markle gets her way there might be! United Caliphate of no longer Great Britain!! You couldn't make it up!!!

Except you literally just did, Mark.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

There's a pretty plausible theory that the right will try and install Jess Phillips again - the problem the right will have (and have had in the past) is that they're all such blatant careerists it's hard for them to work together.
That and the fact that she absolutely cannot keep her mouth shut - coups like this rely on the replacement reluctantly stepping up at the last second, 'who me?' energy artificially radiating from every orifice as they take on the burden of the vacant leadership.

The second the party internally acknowledges blood in the water, we're going to get a blanket of essays in every paper headed "I think they should let me be leader, I would be great (by me, Jess Philips, age 12¾)." She'll absolutely blow it unless Kieth resigns today, which he won't but absolutely should.

Got to love the same people who were talking about Corbyn's cult of personality now worshipping one single politician as the solution based entirely on her gender and accent.

MikeCrotch posted:

Yeah Labour can run on a fash lite platform but thats a self correcting problem because it will just never work at the ballot box, though there is the risk of irreversibly loving up the Labour party as a whole.
Labour has already had its back broken by Tonty, it's image has been irreparably damaged in the eyes of the average person by him, and internally it is always going to be ratfucked by the blue labour dickheads he installed who just want a go on the big dial taht says racism on it.

serious gaylord posted:

I will have to be very careful with what I say without costing me my job but the procurement process for a lot of the testing sites equipment is not very cost effective.
I'm imagining it's very similar to the NHS' procurement, which at this point is basically a scam to funnel public money to niceday for pens that cost twice internally what they do in WH Smiths. No you can't go buy a box of pens from town out of petty cash because budgets.

That said their pencils are pretty high quality with consistently smooth graphite and it's very rare you get that weird scratchy grit you get in cheap pencils. So many boxes of them going missing though, shame that *continues drawing.*

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jose posted:

you're currently a member of a party that is led by a torture supporter
I feel like I'm taking the bait on a bit here, but why are you defending Greenwald?

He used to be good. He slowly got more and more dubious, even by the last time he was interviewed on Chapo a bunch of his points were extremely questionable. Now he's repeatedly saying insane poo poo under the guise of :thunk: asking the real questions :thunk: and going hard on the right wing grift.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jose posted:

glenn can defend himself i just think calling him fascist because of where he appears is dumb as poo poo
While that's true in the same sense that Owen Jones isn't a melt for appearing in the centrist press, I think you have to look at the kinds of views Greenwald has been chinscratching over recently. A lot of his hot takes would not sound out of place in the mouth of an alt-right chud with 'legitimate concerns,' especially recently.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jose posted:

kieth is more demonstrably fascist than glenn greenwald and working to elect him is a bad look
This thread of course famously pro-Starmer.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Certainly seems to be suffering terribly from that profile pic.

Guessing her 'NHS Doctor' dad is one of those consultants who spends 10% of his day rushing his free patients so he can get back to his private work / golf / big dinners.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gently caress, that's great. I've been saying for years papers should have to print their corrections in the same font size and position as the initial lie.

If you print 50 pages of brexit lies, you should have to print 50 pages of retraction. It would instantly destroy the Mail.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

stev posted:

This needs to be the standard for this sort of thing going forward. Just goes to show how pathetically toothless IPSO is.
I get the impression that this is just a one off ruling and not a statute, but it'd be nice if some kind of press standards body decided to use the ruling to justify why this should always be the case.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

happyhippy posted:

I clapped for the NHS, now they want more?!?
1 clap = 1 respect 👏👏👏

Ain't no party like a lowtax party (and thank god)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

peanut- posted:

We are through the clapping looking glass. Politics in Britain is now a war of themed claps.

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1367845628324249604?s=20
This way, Kieths army of numberologists will be able to calculate the exact clap rate that seperates genuine applause from slow claps and finally work out whether people are being mean to him or not.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thing is - my sister and I have seen her maybe 4 times in the last 10 days (she turns up unannounced) and there was NOTHING in her demeanour to suggest anything wrong but now tonight you can tell how upset she is.
The thing about trauma is that it doesn't often hit straight after the event.

My wife was told that trauma represents the brain trying to pass an event from short term memory to long term memory, only it can't because it's too complex or painful for the brain to process properly on its own. Almost like there's a bottleneck and the memory is too big, and so it bounces around your short term memory instead. So some counselling and therapy revolves around identifying the memories that arecstuck and helping break them down so that they can be processed correctly.

But the thing about short term memory is that if a memory gets stuck there, it means your body percieves it as still being a threat that is 'current.' And it's sometimes only after a few days of still feeling threatened / shaken and it not getting better that the panic response to trauma starts to kick in.

Plus it might have taken a day or so of sitting thinking about it that made this thought pinballing around her head start gaining momentum and making her look at living alone, him living close etc, and that just added weight to the whole problem.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ludo Friend posted:

Who denied the referral? It’s as easy as clicking two boxes on the Prism system by your GP.
I don't think you can ever describe transitioning on TERF island as easy. GenderGP might be irresponsible with follow-up care and making sure there aren't contraindications or hormone problems, but they're probably better than the alternative of meme guy shrugging and saying 'guess i'll die.'

My one concern would be that not every trans person is going to have the level of intelligence and self awareness that people in this thread do, and might not be able to do the research themselves to avoid harm.

But again, what's the alternative if your GP thinks he's the gender police and decides he's not going to refer you? Or even if he does, the alternative is waiting years just to go through a dehumanising process of telling a room of strangers how you masturbate so you can get the care you actually need.

E: Just so we're clear I'm calling the waiting process and having to prove you 'really mean it' dehumanising, not transitioning. It's sad that the flipped language meanings terfs rely on makes this kind of clarification necessary.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 6, 2021

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've been reading the last few pages and I want to say Rumda, I was wrong and I'm sorry. People don't say that enough, so I wanted to. You changed my mind.

This country is a loving nightmare and I shouldn't have expected that gender clinics would be part of the solution rather than a massive part of the problem.

For reference this was the post that changed my mind:

Rumda posted:

The GICs do not give a poo poo about trans people and they should be replaced with a system of informed consent which will be able to help much much more people

Vit P seems to have a number of opinions wildly in opposition to the thread and its better posters. Most of the time those opinions don't come out, and his posts are at best mediocre. But Jesus Christ when they do, Lawrence Fox could make a career's worth of albums out of his 'legitimate concerns.'

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

As for the other extremely GBS conversation of the last few pages, i like my flappy peen, i like to keep it clean, if you wanna trim the rim i think you are mean

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

it would have scanned better with an extra 'that' in the last line but apparently editing your post is now an act of violence

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

UKMT: 👏we👏should👏improve👏society👏somewhat👏

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's a good thing we have such a robust social care system that really cares about people with long term sickness!

E: 32 is the amount of seconds it will take covid generation children to draw a full breath

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Peeps, real ones, everyone. I wish y'all would be formally accepted worldwide because it solves numerous neutrality issues.

In geordie there's "ya's" which is sort of a plural you - as in "gently caress ya's then, I'll twat 'im one mesel."

Also I have autism, anxiety, asthma, glasses and a large and weirdly shaped enough conk that it hurts and is pretty overwhelming to wear a mask, but I still do because I'm not a selfish bellend. And I feel like in the vast majority of lanyard wankers the desire to be a selfish twat is by far the primary motivating factor over any possible mecical condition.

I am heavily mashing x to doubt when I see people without masks in shops claiming to have a real medical condition that allows them not to because half the time you overhear them loudly and smugly boasting about getting round the rules and how it's all made up.

If someone's COPD was genuinely that bad then they really, really shoukd not be out and about in the middle of a pandemic for their own safety.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rumda, PM me and I'll buy you the AV of your choice.

Vit P you are a disgusting piece of poo poo and we all know it was you.

Jesus loving Christ.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nutapii posted:

Vitamin Ps said gently caress-all wrong,
Uhh

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

How dare you.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I am still playing Destiny 2 because I am an idiot.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

There's not yet a sufficent crossover in the nerd corners of 'plays warhams' and 'knows how to operate a 3D printer.

I imagine it'll be more of a problem for them once decent quality 3D printers hit £100 and can be run without ventilation issues - once consumer oriented printers start appearing with instructions as simple as 'open file in bundled viewer and hit print' there might be more of a hit to GW's profits.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Random Integer posted:

Anyone who watched the interview what was Harry & Megs opinion on Warhams?
Necrons.

I used to play Future Warhams but the thing that drove me away was having to paint every single goddamn mini the same. Even with stuff like Necromunda the gangs get pretty numerous after a while and you're stuck painting essentially the same mini over and over for the next couple of thousands points.

Now I have discovered a far more sensible hobby to spend way too much money on, D&D minis. My wife and I want to collect and paint them because generally you don't need more than 5 of each, and you can put way more individuality into each one.

I fully expect heroforge to bankrupt us by the end of the year.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

radmonger posted:

But she also wasn’t allowed to remain middle class, or own things like keys and a passport.
I think that was the thing that messed with my head the most, the idea of turning over your identity and passport to them.

I know someone somewhere would argue that it's protocol and they don't need them, but on it's face it's loving alarming as a concept.

E: the Gewehr 44 was my favourite gun in Call of Duty 1, it may not have had the distinctive ping of the Garand but at least you could reload mid clip/mag (no I don't care what the difference is).

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Mar 9, 2021

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Camrath posted:

Bobby was living in a Wendy house in next door’s garden because he didn’t get on with kids, or men or anything
honestly feeling called out rn

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Please do not buy dogs and cats from breeders, do not encourage breeders, do not encourage people who buy from breeders.

My little brother bought a dachsund from a breeder, but it was practically a rescue as he was previously their stud and they were looking to retire him as he was 'losing interest.'

Look deep within your local adoption place and you too may find a Friend and Boy.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Whatever transphobic oval office is changing avatars should be outed by the mods.

Angepain, PM me whatever title you want and I'll get on it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

#SackChrisWhitty is currently trending, it can't be as dumb as I think it is, can it?

https://twitter.com/OpenUpBritain/status/1369429617635979272?s=19

No no, it absolutely is.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's great how we've adopted a test which gives false negatives so often that if you are genuinely feeling unwell, you'll be sent for another test because no doctor in their right mind respects the results.

There's a thing on facebook claiming that the NHS' entire UK Primary care budget is 9bn, and test & trace just got bumped from £22bn to £37bn.

But no, ham man sad the press can no longer be racist is the real story today.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

WhatEvil posted:

[Numbers fuckery]
congratulations you have done more journalism in one post than the entire british media has done in an entire loving year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ash Crimson posted:

Everyday I wake up and think "god this country loving sucks rear end lol"

I include Scotland in that as well
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM MY HAND INTO MY OWN FACE. ITS NORMAL ISLAND AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, KIETH STARMAN. I ABSTAIN ON EVERY VOTE AND I ABSTAIN ON EVERY VOTE HARD. MAKIN FORENSIC SOUNDS AT PMQS OR EVEN WHEN I LEGALISE COP MURDER. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ATE A WHOLE BAG OF WET EGGS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY FOCUS GROUP AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN FOCUS GROUPS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE RIGHT WING TALKING POINTS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNing. Then i cry