Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Baseball players in general just don't seem that popular outside of the sport. In the past 30 years, the list of mainstream dudes seems very small to me with Griffey, McGwire, Jeter and A-Rod. I could probably make an argument to include Sosa, Bonds, Clemens and Schilling in that list but 2 of those are almost certainly due to huge cheating scandals accompanying their generational talent and one for being a loud racist in a time when loud racists get noticed

e: I'd probably throw Ichiro on there too because he was basically awesome as gently caress from his first day in MLB coming over from Japan and having a cool name

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

bawfuls posted:

I agree with the thrust of your post in defense of Trout's decision, but lets not get carried away here. Angels stadium is perfectly adequate but falls far short of "gorgeous". If he wanted that piece of the puzzle, along with a real contender, he should have held out to migrate up the 5.

I don't really have any strong feelings against the Dodgers but man the thought of Trout winning a pile of rings wearing Dodger blue is some real sad feeling poo poo

Guess it's better than him in pinstripes at least

mcmagic posted:

MLB.tv isn't on PS5 lol. Clowns.

lmao welp, guess that saves me some money this year

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 4, 2021

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/FabianArdaya/status/1367947455174643712

Whether you like the Angels or not, a healthy Shohei Ohtani seems great for baseball

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://twitter.com/Angels/status/1370156853901062147

I'm kinda mixed on Vasgersian mostly because anytime I hear him I think I'm playing The Show but they could have done a lot worse

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They give a poo poo about getting more money and Jack Leiter will sell more jerseys than Kumar Rocker will.

The Pirates are nothing if not a clothing line with a lovely baseball team attached.

I dunno man, a Rocker jersey seems like something racists would buy en masse

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 28, 2021

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

bees x1000 posted:

Yeah but are they good enough to win this year's freeway series?

Kole Calhoun is a Diamondback so probably yes unfortunately

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
It's that one day of the year where I get fooled into thinking the Angels might be a good team. Very excited.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

I like this. I like this a lot. David Fletcher rules

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Maddon said the Angels were already over the 85% threshold so I'd expect other teams to be held accountable if they are having to force postponements due to this poo poo a year after it began honestly.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
The COVID talk reminded me that I was looking up how Andrelton Simmons did yesterday and found this gem

https://twitter.com/Andrelton/status/1375504270452260869

I knew he had said some anti vax nonsense a while back but c'mon man

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
LA makes the most sense though I wouldn't be surprised if it was Texas with their shiny new stadium and fresh voting restriction legislation efforts. This is MLB we're talkin about.

E: fb

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
A new beefy lad for all of us to appreciate

https://mobile.twitter.com/whitesox/status/1378213753506893825

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

the white sox brought up a 28 year-old rectangular shaped rookie catcher last night and he became the first player in MLB history to go 5 for 5 in his debut

I'm honestly disappointed we didn't get to see him hit a homer last night, during his first at bat the Angels broadcast showed a clip of him playing in another league and he pimps the hell out of them. The booth was having a good time with it and saying how they all enjoy when hitters bat flip and admire home runs which made me happy to hear.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Unfortunate, I thought he was pretty good when the Angels first got him. Definitely one of the better bullpen options they had then it seemed like he was just used a ton and never really recovered from a few bad outings. I hope he finds some peace though and if leaving helps with that, so be it.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Oakland Coliseum literally leaks sewage and poo poo onto the field and in the dugouts yet somehow the Trop still manages to be worse, it's impressive honestly

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 4, 2021

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
The Luis Robert and Jo Adell comparisons from a couple of years ago are alive and well

https://mobile.twitter.com/FabianArdaya/status/1378530684868812800

Shohei Ohtani is the scheduled starting pitcher for tomorrow's game. Shohei Ohtani is also the scheduled DH for tomorrow's game.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
In case you missed it, Ohtani was throwing triple digit heat and then mashed the first pitch he saw 450 feet.

Baseball.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Not getting Othani really hosed over the Yankees so badly because not only get they not get him, they then went out and did that awful Stanton trade.

I had a friend who is a Cards fan lamenting to me over the weekend how some big names have decided to not play for STL in recent years and one of the names he brought up was Stanton not waiving his trade clause to go there

I thought that was really funny

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

mcmagic posted:

They just got one of the biggest stars in baseball.....

Yeah that was pointed out. Along with the fact they were paid 50 million dollars to take him.

His point was some BFIB poo poo though about how guys like Stanton, Ozuna, Heyward and hell even Pujols all turned away from STL and it's not a good look for the org

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Popete posted:

I would love MLB to point out exactly which rule Castellanos broke.

I assume it has to do with getting the benches to clear in the age of COVID which is dumb bullshit but that's still my assumption

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Popete posted:

But you would at the very least have to assign half the blame to the pitcher and Molina. Castellanos was walking back to the dugout when they both ran up behind him and grabbed him.

Yeah for sure, I don't disagree. But if Castellanos didn't flex all over them then it would have never happened is likely the dumb way MLB is looking at it

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Intruder posted:

packing into a stadium to watch a terrible Rangers team

This is the funniest part imo

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

explosivo posted:

I'd be just as disgusted if Camden Yards opened up tomorrow to 100% capacity.

The Orioles are probably one of the few teams that can operate just fine with 100% capacity and not endanger anyone

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Ted Cruz has to get his Sam Adams from somewhere

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Popete posted:

Rockies to send 50 million votes to Georgia.

:eyepop:

It's nice they moved it out of GA but man rewarding the Rockies after the Arenado trade is pretty lame

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Proud of these Dodgers Angels fans out there tonight

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Hahah I knew it. Angels fans just don't have that kind of fire in them

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Odor has had a negative WAR since 2018. Why would you take that on?

Because they're scared of Toronto

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
e: wrong thread

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 9, 2021

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
I think the biggest thing going against Judge is that the Yankees have that other guy who is very similar to Judge and they're already going to be paying through the teeth for him. The Stanton deal has gotta be a huge red flag for giving Judge a big contract

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

euphronius posted:

“Paying though the teeth” lmao come on

It is true that I guess they Yankees have a budget so as you say paying 80 million a year for 2 dhs is probably not wise

I mean it's all relative otherwise we wouldn't have any discussion whatsoever on contracts since all owners are actual billionaires.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Intruder posted:

Why would I make an audible signal

So he knows it's a curveball, two bangs should suffice

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
When I think of what the Angels have been missing for the past decade, Aaron Judge is exactly who comes to mind. Trade the farm for him Arte.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
I'd really appreciate the Twins getting their act together since I picked them to win the pennant this year

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Who cares if he peeked.

Guys like Bill Plaschke

https://mobile.twitter.com/BillPlaschke/status/1386737491005214721

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

bawfuls posted:

posting Plaschke should be a 6er

Fair but only if plaschke.gif is used as the reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Arte can fire him whenever he wants, he just doesn't want to pay his contract after he does so the investigation must go on