Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I love Chipper, but if you put him next to the guy from Metallica, there's no way I'd guess who's who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Do former Yankees just love making stupid descicions in every state, or just Florida?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Kakes had a great career. When he first came to Atlanta, I did not think I'd be this sad about him leaving. Definitely could have gotten 3k in a just world.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Should have re-signed Duvall

It's super weird no one signed him for so long. Duvall is great! If he had been healthy for the NLCS, the Braves would have won the world series.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

MrMojok posted:

If any of youse guys like OOTP, (I know you do, Bewbies), OOTP22 is looking pretty cool. Individual players have a lot more slider settings, like you can select a pitcher and now he has his own individual slider for "pitch around", and everything else.

The new ballparks look gorgeous, they have made some improvements on the 3D animations, and there is some new offshoot of Perfect Team called Perfect Draft that we still don't know the details on.

Oh, this sounds awesome. I'll probably pick it up when it comes out.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

20 owns for sure. They haven't really been able to do much with franchise in the past... forever, but the career mode is fun and doesn't have the cheesey story mode stuff really.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Video game nonsense update: The new career mode in The Show 21 sounds kinda weird, for those interested. They let you be a two way player, and try to give you a narrative for your player through pre-recorded podcast episodes. Really not a fan of the character progression changes, though. It sounds more frustrating and limiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtLJrNcW-vM

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Sydin posted:

The devs philosophy wrt RTTS has been weird for a while now. Starting with 18 you're basically forced to be a middle round pick at best, and the cap/archetype system makes it really tedious to make a player that doesn't conform to a traditional mold. Now 21 makes it seem like it's even more restrictive, with hard limits on how much you can load your player up. It also kinda sounds like you can only have one RTTS character now instead of a bunch because they want them to be usable in DD, which loving sucks because I loved making a random assortment of weidos.

Like nobody is playing RTTS to be a scrappy middle round .250/.320/.430 utility IF, they're playing it to either gently caress around with unothodox characters or to enjoy a power fantasy of hitting .400 with 70 HR's while playing GG SS.

Honestly, the custom character stuff in Diamond Dynasty always sucks. I don't know why they'd merge it with RTTS when most people just want it completely gone from the mode. Seems like a lose lose.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Moving the ASG out of Atlanta would probably piss off a ton of Braves fans, and I'm all for it.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

Does anyone actually care about the ASG these days though?

Probably not, but it's 'bringing politics into sports' and being vaguely leftist in any way. My dad didn't even watch baseball last year because he remembered there's a players union due to The Thing and he didn't like that. Didn't even watch when we got to the NLCS for the first time in twenty years.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Baseball is wonderful.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Charlie Culberson made the team in his spot :unsmith:

gently caress yeah, Charlie deserves the world.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I'm super stoked, I think this is a good team with a high ceiling but I mostly just wanna fill a ton of time with baseball.

Interesting non-news I hadn't actually heard until today: Atlanta had agreed to a $9m deal with Kirby Yates early in the winter, but he failed the physical.

I am excited, but terrified. Worried we'll try to rush back Soroka.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Less than an hour before opening day. Had to be close.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Happy Opening Day, everybody!

habeasdorkus posted:

That account should have waited 32 minutes to post.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1377589198551670791

Had to double check and make sure this was really Pasan after that Cohen tweet.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Good poo poo. I literally could not care less where they end up playing it, I'm just glad they took a stand against the hosed up poo poo my state is doing.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

"gently caress all Georgians, that's why we're in happy that the MLB is protesting laws that have horrible effects on it's citizens!"

I can't believe how awful goons are!!!! My children are crying after I showed them this post!!!!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

drat I didn't get any PMs

maybe if I say the chop is racist as gently caress and Chipper is a stupid name for an adult man

To be fair, so is Larry.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Just rebrand the loving team already, for the love of God.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I only caught the last inning of the Braves Phillies game, but that strike zone was awful.

saintonan posted:

It's actually not a personal choice, and people that don't want it can get dropped off on some barren island.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Still not over that Ohtani game. I need to see him play in person at least once, I'll never forgive myself otherwise.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

bawfuls posted:

ah lovely so the Padres are choosing, "come back in 10 days, reinjure it worse at some point, then consider surgery"

https://twitter.com/dennistlin/status/1379583541340557315

Great idea for your franchise player you just signed to a contract that will last the next five million years.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Can't even jokingly refer to him as 'Mariners Legend James Paxton' for having that happen on a one year contract because he's pitched for them before. This really sucks, I hope he recovers well.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/LeGates23/status/1380700139396956162

Braves fan heckling Harper, saying he won't ever be as good as Acuna, while mispronouncing it. Harper trying very hard to correct him and Realmuto laughing. I hate my teams fans so much, I can't stop laughing.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Acuna diagnosed with tummy ache, rehab assignment in Gwinnett coming soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

The Show is like the least micro transaction heavy major sports game. Like it's there if you want, but they literally give you so much free stuff and so much poo poo to do to unlock more free stuff that it seems like paying would make the game less fun.