Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm hoping the game is moddable to hell. I still love the dumb "Realistic gunplay" mod I made as a young teenager for the first game that was just increasing the damage of gun minions, agents, and turrets by a factor of 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

The American super-cop having the ability to plant evidence is a bit on the nose.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Weasling Weasel posted:

If it's latter, at least it's true to the spirit of the original. I think I've wasted literal hours of my life just waiting around for income to slowly tick up enough to buy new things on Evil Genius.

I know I've definitely sat on the "kidnap a maid" step of the tutorial for a bit just to get a bunch of starter cash in the original.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Retro42 posted:

Burning thru minions on quick cash missions will eventually catch up to you too.

Unless you use Zalinka. The V.O.I.D Prototype brainwashes agents into minions in about 2 seconds.

Wait, different EGs get different items/researches?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
An investigator with 0 suspicion just killed a random minion unprovoked (and then took a picture of the corpse he made as evidence). Any idea of what could cause that? No traps or anything.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Motherfucker posted:

My complaint thus far is: Chill the gently caress out agents.

Its not that they're dangerous... the game is literally telling me when they're coming and what types, but the problem is by that token they have to be a clear and present danger so they literally rocket into my base and b-line straight to the incriminating poo poo... I liked the old game where they'd wander around in all the spaces like hapless dolts till they spotted something. Now they're fully chill-less and it means they're more predictable AND less interesting overall. I preferred when they'd be constantly coming but less individually threatening.

They still like getting stuck in
false entrances in my base. I just need to find the equivalent to the distracting traps or bees to fill my lil mazes

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm at work but I can't test this, but can you have non-contiguous sections of cover operation and use that for a secondary distraction area (that can still be used as a killing floor if needed, since rando tourists walking into your base no longer seems to be an issue?)

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

haldolium posted:

I wish Rebellion would hire a graphics programmer that doesn't make all their games waste an NPPs daily output on heat instead of chill rendering a game.

Might be a settings issue, I've got an old rear end GPU and it's not struggling

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Pyro has been added as a Free new Henchman to the game. (Alongside a DLC Henchman)

I'm not big on collateral damage units so I probably won't use it, but neat to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah as a big fan of the original I'd describe this one as okay. They could've done much better. But if you liked the first one and picked this up on a Steam sale you can have a good time with it. Just being able to reconfigure the base instead of being stuck with a dumb thing you did for expedience in the first half hour makes it a lot more playable.

Definitely agree with this.

I enjoyed the game and don't regret getting it, but have played through exactly once and haven't picked it up since.

I don't know why it doesn't have the addictive appeal of the first game despite doing a lot of things better.