Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Where's the card draw?????
*screams in shaman voice* :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

RatHat posted:

Not sure what they could nerf with Spellmage besides Refreshing Springwater(guessing it'll be changed to only refresh 1 mana crystal for each spell drawn). I guess they could put Incantor's Flow at 3 mana but I've never felt like it was OP.

Biggest nerfs I see coming are the Watch posts(probably bumping them up 1 mana or reducing their health by 1), Penflinger(Can only target minions), and Scabbs Cutterbutter(Either bumped up 1 mana or only gives 2 mana discount). Also Celestial Alignment but I'm not sure how they'll nerf that.

Watch posts are amazing. Game as VERY little counter play, and the watch posts cards give that.

Pen flinger needs to get removed completely, like 3mana same effect.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

The meta in a nutshell. Mage deck with random spells, and paladin with pen flingers and 0 mana librams. :cool:

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What's the go-to Control Warklock decklist looking like right now?

A dark portal spell deck with tickatus as the only minion. Rip 15 cards by turn 5. :D

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Shaman is such a steaming pile in standard when it doesn't have crazy turn 1, 2, 3 openings due to lack of card draw. Hit legend with the below deck, as I looked at it again, yeah it's spell based but the deck is really about trying to draw any loving cards lol. Great matchups, netdeck rush/frenzy warrior, and control Warlock. Aggressive paladin is a toss up, either you have AoE or you don't.

Overall very fun deck to play. Want to play Polkelt after a Vashi is in your deck. Mulligan for landslide , 2 drops, serpentine portal. First good deck from shaman that doesn't have lightning bloom.

### NATURE IS HEALING
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 1x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Novice Zapper
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 1x (2) Cagematch Custodian
# 2x (2) Diligent Notetaker
# 2x (2) Landslide
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Rune Dagger
# 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
# 1x (3) Lady Vashj
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 1x (4) Bru'kan
# 2x (4) Dunk Tank
# 2x (4) Tidal Surge
# 2x (4) Torrent
# 1x (5) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 1x (5) Ras Frostwhisper
# 1x (5) Vectus
#
AAECAfe5AgjkuAPgzAOczgPQzgOK0gP21gOq3gPi7AML27gDk7kDpssD4cwDzc4Dp94DieQD6ucD+Z8EoaAE8KAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Played 16 matches tonight of standard at diamond 3/2. 11 where against paladin. Wow talk about an un fun experience.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Played a few games today of classic mode. Geez it's such a different game. Actually need control of the board at some point to win, not all the minions generate cards out of thin air, you can simply run out of cards by turn 5 and using removal is a big decision.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Love these mid game turns against paladin. My spell get countered and I buff a paladin minion, my 3 attack minion attacks and dies, a 3/4 taunt is spawned. Out tempo'd on MY turn lol.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Full on tempo elementals is pretty good.

### Elemental good again??
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Kindling Elemental
# 2x (1) Wailing Vapor
# 2x (2) Cagematch Custodian
# 2x (2) Costumed Entertainer
# 2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
# 2x (3) Arid Stormer
# 2x (3) Gyreworm
# 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
# 2x (3) Primal Dungeoneer
# 2x (3) Whack-A-Gnoll Hammer
# 2x (4) Dunk Tank
# 2x (5) Lilypad Lurker
# 2x (5) Mistrunner
# 2x (6) Fire Elemental
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
#
AAECAZKrBAKczgOm7wMO8NQDp94Dqt4Dq94D8d4DjOEDiOQD4OwD4ewDre4Dr+4D4+4DjJ8E46AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Flayer posted:

Are Dunk Tanks really worth excluding Kazakus for?

Yes. Playing a 3/3 on turn 4 is silly when you want to have a strong opening in a tempo deck. Deck I posted is often playing a 5 or 6 mana minion on turn 4 due to lightening bloom. I specifically ran very few spells to reliably draw it and have a lightening bloom turn early to corrupt dunk tank.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I still want to tinker with Hero Power mage. I think it's actually very close to being real good, and I could see the archetype being given one or two extra support cards next expansion if Blizzard wants to push it. Though I was kinda hoping for some support in the mini expansion to be honest.... I think the dungeoneer could work maybe, you want to draw your Wildfires ASAP so a card that can give you them is great even if you don't get the extra freeze effect.

I mixed in some hero power cards and the new frost cards from the mini set together last night and had some fun. When you start going, the 1/1 freeze minions really shutdown the weapon based classes.

### Hero power lots plz
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Flurry (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Brain Freeze
# 2x (1) Snap Freeze
# 1x (2) Astromancer Solarian
# 2x (2) Starscryer
# 2x (2) Wildfire
# 2x (3) Cone of Cold
# 2x (3) Frostweave Dungeoneer
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 1x (3) Oasis Ally
# 2x (3) Rimetongue
# 2x (3) Shattering Blast
# 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Floecaster
# 1x (8) Deep Freeze
# 1x (10) Mordresh Fire Eye
#
AAECAcz6AwaNuwPexAPY7AOd7gPB8AOoigQM97gDx84D1OoD0uwD0+wD1uwDiO0Dm/ADoPAD5p8E6J8Ew6AEAA==
#

Joink fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 6, 2021

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Firebert posted:

They gotta nuke Flow into outer space, they should've done it before but they definitely gotta do it now lol

I'm having fun, but not really feeling how uninteractive a lot of the decks being played are right now. Really concerned about what stuff looks like in a week when stuff is refined.

Came here to post this. Unreal how much the games feel like DRAWDRAWDRAW, win from hand. Any sort of deck based around minions that at some point need to hit face are poo poo decks.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

questlines are not fun and drive thoughtless play

This. I played against 3 quest mages just now, and turned the game off. Devs and some people think it's about win rates. I won all 3 matches but it's not fun at all against these decks.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Issue is card draw. As cards get powercreeped and deck size stays the same, card draw becomes too good.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

I find the mercenaries PvE mode EXTREMELY mundane and grindy. Like its just nothing to it yet even at my 6k mmr im against players using meta teams with maxed out skills. I need to repeat the pve for a few hours to not lose in pvp I guess. Yeah gently caress that.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Feels like they listened to the players not wanting long 15+ turns matches, so now every class has a top deck that wins under 10 turns. With some finishing on turn 8. Issue as some have said is it's just drawing through your own deck quickly and effectively no counter play happening.

It's almost comical how every minion card seen in standard is either draw/discover/reduce cost. Few legendary cards are outliners.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Bloodlust Piranha Shaman getting it done on day 1.

### BAD BL BL
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Scalding Geyser
# 2x (1) Schooling
# 1x (1) Sir Finley Mrrgglton
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Anchored Totem
# 2x (2) Corporal
# 2x (2) Flametongue Totem
# 2x (2) Frostbite
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Cookie the Cook
# 1x (3) Feral Spirit
# 2x (3) Piranha Poacher
# 1x (4) Drek'Thar
# 2x (5) Bloodlust
#
AAECAZKrBASkgQS7igT6nwSX1AQNlfAD+ZEE+Z8EzKQE4aQEiLIE+rQE4LUE4rUEvLYEhtQEnNQE8t0EAA==
#

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Scale of Onxyia should be changed. 14 ATK to spread around with minions for 7 is dumb. Completely negates the drawback of druid falling behind on board to ramp.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Feel like that 6-mana minion that makes the 3rd minion cost 0 is a mistake.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Masked Reveler is probably my favorite card of the set. Playing a shaman deck right now with it, sure is fun popping out a colossal on turn 6 and evolving to another rush minion. :cool:

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Brann removed from standard would be the best nerf I can think of. I believe its the most common card right now in standard?

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

40 card Ouch warrior:

### OUCH!
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Sanguine Depths
# 2x (1) Slam
# 2x (1) Warsong Envoy
# 2x (2) Anima Extractor
# 2x (2) Conditioning (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Crazed Wretch
# 2x (2) Cruel Taskmaster
# 2x (2) Harbor Scamp
# 2x (2) Man the Cannons
# 2x (2) Obsidiansmith
# 2x (2) Riot!
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Frothing Berserker
# 2x (3) Imbued Axe
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Whelp Bonker
# 2x (4) Burden of Pride
# 2x (5) Razormane Raider
# 2x (5) Stonemaul Anchorman
# 1x (6) Decimator Olgra
# 1x (7) Remornia, Living Blade
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
#
AAECAc6+BQSLoASB3ASI3wSX7wQS7ekDje0DmO0D1fEDlfYDm4EEhqAEjKAEjaAEvKwEkLcEnNQEvNsE/9sEvuIEjuMEtuMEiYMFAA==
#

12 cards devoted to card draw, has to work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

Went D5 to legend with Enrage warrior with a 70% winrate. Took a while, started with 40card decks but perfected the list. It really dunks on druids and mages.

### OUCH!
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Sanguine Depths
# 2x (1) Slam
# 2x (1) Warsong Envoy
# 2x (2) Anima Extractor
# 2x (2) Crazed Wretch
# 2x (2) Cruel Taskmaster
# 2x (2) Man the Cannons
# 2x (2) Riot!
# 2x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Frothing Berserker
# 2x (3) Imbued Axe
# 2x (4) Burden of Pride
# 2x (5) Stonemaul Anchorman
# 1x (6) Decimator Olgra
# 1x (7) Remornia, Living Blade
# 1x (7) Rokara, the Valorous
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
#
AAECAc6+BQS8igSLoASB3ASI3wQNje0D1fEDm4EEhqAEjKAEjaAEnNQEvNsE/9sEvuIEjuMEtuMEiYMFAA==
#

Only registered members can see post attachments!