Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I stopped listening to Graduation after the imp hospital, did it ever really do much with the weird sort of...theater/wrestling kayfabe of the heroes and villains or is just the setting and that never has really come into play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I am gonna have to listen to the new ep later cuz for some reason this morning I'm just not in the mood for max fun shilling :sigh:

I'm curious on the new TAZ campaign though. I've sat out the last two after giving them a shot so hearing this might be lower stakes sounds good to me.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I think the prologue is interesting in how they set it up but it is DEFINITELY not work audio for me haha. Very hard to just have on in the background as work noise.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I forget how long Max Fun Drive lasts. Is it 2 weeks? I feel like I fast forwarded half the ep today :nyoron:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Yea I'm not listening right now because it just did not make for good work audio. I usually have podcasts on as bg noise more than anything so actual lore building important sounding stuff does not work for me there. It just all gets lost in my brain and I forget what happened haha. I'll probably listen once the actual campaign starts though.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Tbf I feel that way about every DND podcast. If I try to listen to them while working I just end up having to rewind it a lot cause I missed something

I definitely feel that. To be honest, I might end up listening to TAZ outside of my normal work time for this reason.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I definitely am in that nightvale boat. I dropped it sometime after the first novel had hit and after 2 live shows. The first I went to with my brother and a friend but the second I was all alone at. I definitely felt about 10 years older than the rest of the audience haha. It's fine though, I'm glad to hear they're still doing good and I still follow Cecil Baldwin on twitter fwiw.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I only ever bought the first one and didn't think it worked very well in a single volume graphic novel format. The art was good though!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Man hope that's not the case when MLB just gave them a perfect baby to ruin. Also ep 2 of CK3 :argh:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Did anyone listen to the cryptoast of the town bit? I don't really wanna even hear funny jokes about crypto currency atm so unsure if it's worth it.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Shinjobi posted:

Justin has a pretty good realization near the end of it in regards to "reality is outpacing stupid jokes made on podcasts" at an alarming pace.

I don't know if the segment is gonna stick, but Justin's horror near the end of it was pretty good.

Gotcha, thanks! I might go back later and check out then. This morning just didn't wanna hear any jokey jokes about crypto I guess haha. I prefer the munch squad variant of stupid capitalism.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I remember a while back Justin was on a different podcast saying they may stop Monster Factory, was that confirmed they were gonna do it?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

inferis posted:

They’re not going to make them just to make them if there aren’t any interesting character creators in games is the gist

That makes sense to me. Even though some of their stupid experimental ones have been some of my recent faves like the wood working and the gymnastics one. Still hoping they finish CK3 too.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I turned the ep off during munch squad. I was not in a mood for corporate stuff yesterday for some reason.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
That was one of the best Balance moments. Even moreso when Justin decided to use it solely to look bitching than actually use it for its intended purpose.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Man I dun care anymore, I'm selfish. I need Monster Factory again. :(

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Elvis_Maximus posted:

This but gameplay overviews or Griffin's weird semi let's play things

I'd subscribe to a Patreon to watch Griffin and Justin play games in weird ways

I'd def take this too. I rewatched their dumb Girls' Talk video from like 6 years ago over the weekend and still love that stupid thing.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Shinjobi posted:

Stephen King tried to warn us. It's all real.

God DAMMIT bony butt toucher!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Yea I really wanted to see the part 2 of that. Honestly yea I agree, I would be just happy with Griffin Justin game goofs time.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Was nice hearing Joseph Fink again. I haven't listened to Nightvale in forev so glad to know things are still goin good there.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Not true. Other people who don't work for Nook at all use bells as a currency. It's a completely legitimate currency.

It's Lottie at the Happy Home Paradise corporation who pays you in company scrip

Lottie is good though cuz she pays you fun bucks to just throw together houses however you want for animal pals then is just like "Good job, here's your pay!"

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Those animals are paying her exorbitant sums of money for your labor

She deserves it :3:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Warbird posted:

That was the second half of the post I omitted. One year he's just going to be in there and they're going to act like it was always the case.

No one year he's gonna be there and they're just gonna act like it's the movie playing in the background.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I definitely said "no gently caress off Justin" during the naming episode because Travis was on the right track with 2022 who gives a poo poo

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Man today was a "quit before the Money Zone" show for me haha. I blame it on my own mood more than anything I guess.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Zero One posted:

Exact opposite here. First half was a banger and MZ was an all timer.

Second half was all Richard Stink so ymmv on that part.

Maybe I'll go back tomorrow and check out the MZ, I Dunno I just don't feel like ads most of the time :nyoron:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Krispy Kreme is fine but growing up near good local donuts always makes me snooty around them like "yea I can get better than anything they're putting out down the road" lol. Also I like Count Donut.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
The only Flophouse related thing I've listened to is when Matt McMuscles is on Talking Simpsons and his youtube stuff. He seems fun though haha.

It's both funny and annoying how little they actually do questions sometimes. But also this is a funny bunch of bits so I don't actually care that much lol.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

zerofiend posted:

Matt's Flophouse is unrelated to that podcast, he just named his twitch/channel that.

Oh well uhh..nevermind then!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
The fly boys talk is good and I dunno who the guestpert is but I was barely payin attention so I guess it's a okay by me.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Yea the only time I listened was them opening at a live show. It was fine but...then Sawbones came out and talked about sausages and Cincinnati and that was way more fun.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Yea I didn't feel like jumping around through the episode to find the non fund raising content so I just turned it off somewhere in the middle. It shouldn't annoy me cuz I know it's how they get paid but I also don't wanna listen to it :nyoron:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I'm for pun based cosplay

https://twitter.com/AlexDrastal/status/1543241814848573440

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Now I remember the really fun Dad-pocalypse live show they did. That was fun.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I think they should've stuck with Griffin's Rugrats theme. The new song is good but yea I don't think it fits still :nyoron:

Though like peeps have said, the other one prob didn't fit them either, it was just the song they used for so long that it stuck haha.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Shinjobi posted:

Justin got to see himself one heck of a Weird Al show and I am intensely jealous.

Did he go to the one in Louisville? I saw Weird Al last week in Dayton so I'm all curious lol

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

grittyreboot posted:

No, he went to the show in Ashland, KY. I, however, did go to the Louisville show and it was exactly as Justin described it. There's that part in Albuquerque where he asks the doughnut shop guy if they have (x) doughnuts and the guy shouts "No, were out of (x) doughnuts", but in the live show he keeps naming off different types of doughnuts for literal minutes. It was one of those jokes that stopped being funny for a while but became funny again because he was doing it for so long.

Ooh the show where the drummer got covid the night before in Ashland haha. We didn't have Albuquerque but we did have The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota so I'm a okay with that haha.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Pham Nuwen posted:

it's good, and it's not as uncommon as you'd think. I had some drat good momos in suburban Columbus. Keep an eye out for Nepali restaurants, or sometimes they'll call it an Indian restaurant but the name is like 'Everest' and they have momos on the menu.

Was it Momo Ghar in North Market? That stuff is gooood

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Pham Nuwen posted:

No it was a place named Everest in Worthington. Looks like it was maybe a Mexican restaurant originally. We went with some Nepali friends.

I'll have to look into that next time I'm in the area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I'd feel the only thing you could say in favor of some of those is it was being written in the early to mid 00s in the early seasons and, to quote a Simpsons, "it was the style at the time." I'd hope they got better about some of that stuff later, I also fell off cuz eps took so long to come out and I didn't have the effort to find out when new ones dropped :shrug:

On topic though, I'm glad it sounds like the new campaign is well regarded. I haven't checked out a McElroy thing that wasn't a Monster Factory in a while though haha.