Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Which one will admit to being able to suck his own dick?

Travis tried loving an apple, but it broke apart as he came

(oh yeah I came here to post that Yahoo Answers is shutting down: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN35642.html)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Pollyanna posted:

They did not. Which is awful, cause Quiet Year is amazing.

I...don’t know if they learned their lesson from this last campaign. They need to get the gently caress away from D&D.

https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/1387803050493059077

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

You're all wrong, it's this:

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1389235538788556804

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Pollyanna posted:

I still don’t quite understand why they’re playing TQY to detail the history of a land and settlements that aren’t going to be the actual setting of the game once the campaign starts. Like, if 50% of this is on land, and we don’t actually go above land in Ethersea, are those ideas just not going to be used? Isn’t Griffin just going to have to come up with a totally separate settlement anyway?

Because it's backstory and they're building the world together...?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Is the work they put into worldbuilding then going to become the backdrop for their D&D campaign? I really like that approach

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I think they ended up not having the drive last year for obvious reasons. This one may have been an attempt to make up some numbers, but is obviously ill timed. May be bad news for some shows on the network. Hopefully they save Mission to Zyxx at all costs.

Mission to Zyxx is ending, according to the ads I get for it in every episode

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Only in the fantastical world of Rick and Morty spin-off comics can someone lust after Travis

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Froghammer posted:

Yeah, this. If you didn't watch the donor drive cast with Brennan Lee Mulligan, ship-to-ship combat in Ethersea will involve a detailed and in-depth subsystem that Griffin more or less wrote whole cloth.

As a person who's done that, I can assure you that it's an incredibly complicated and time-consuming process

Hope someone is playing a monk so they can catch + throw cannon balls back

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

“Passion Pit is touring with Modest Mouse?”

“Well, *a* mouse…”

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Alaois posted:

isn't that just Doughboys

No, they actually eat the food. It's like how you have podcasts about writing and fiction and then you have podcasts about the publishing industry

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Justin would make the cardinal sin of saying any movie is bad, while the MBMBAM fans would get angry at Mitch and Nick for saying they're fat

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Ok Comboomer posted:

lmao picturing the Facebook MaxFun community reaction to that now

"We're banning all discussions of ANY SORT comparing asses to dump trucks, tanks, garbage trucks, cranes..."

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Marsupial Ape posted:

The Maxfun boycotts the "Bubble" graphic novel because Mitch had a major role in it, so Jesse has to decide which friend he has to throw under the bus to save his bottom line...again.

Talk about a tomorrow war

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/1408510808418521088

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Congrats to Mister Slice aka Mike Mitchell, we're one step closer to the crossover

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

deborah

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Killingyouguy! posted:

Oh gently caress yeah I love munch squad I need to catch up

The one in the latest episode is very good. Don't eat a sandwich that smells like poo poo!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

wizzardstaff posted:

https://twitter.com/tuckwoodstock/status/1419691753691500544

that's certainly a way to drive up your listener numbers

Yes, as if we couldn't guess by the number of months they just... didn't actually do the thing

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

"You don't actually believe that, do you Justin?"

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

This is halfway to the Taco Bell panopticon

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Doctor Shaq

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Justin's Guy Fieri needs sugar water

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm fine with them delving into character backstory stuff if what Griffin said is true and there's no overarching storyline

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Between munch squad consuming the back half of each ep and the fake finals, I guess we're approaching a point where you skip the first 60 seconds, then listen until you hear another song start, then just mark the podcast as played and wait for next week. Man, what a long outro song, it's like 30 minutes long!

(This week you can also skip the first 16 minutes unless you really need to hear them reinforce how good they think lockdowns are because a boomer sang a song about not liking lockdowns... like a year ago)

That song came out like 2 days ago

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I was surprised at Devo being a half-elf in this episode because no one's race was ever given? Do we even know if there are elves/dwarves/etc in this world? I didn't listen to the prologue but I checked the Reddit about this and no one there had any idea either.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Stroop There It Is posted:

I wanna know where they came from, Griffin made it sound kinda like they were regular people who were in Ethersea water too long. Were there any other clues about that?

Also the reveal at the end was great. I am glad I listened to the world-creation episodes, because imo it's been super cool to see how that stuff gets integrated.

I assume they’re being digested inside of the clam

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

TL posted:

I’m guessing they’re recording big chunks at a time so Griffin has ample time to score and edit the show. The amount of work involved for Griffin would be insane if he had to do it all in a week.

Even like... planning out the sessions for a longer D&D campaign is a ton of work (though maybe easier here since he isn't using any maps). My group burns through the material I have prepped really fast if we play every week.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Warbird posted:

Alright folks, place your bets on the over/under for how long this takes to become the drama of the week. We’ll also be having a side pot for whoever gets closest to actual on the time to apology.

It already is on Reddit, someone I talk to about TAZ mentioned there's drama because Rachel (who they have mentioned before in MBMBAM) is never actually given a formal credit

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Zero One posted:

They have credits on their website.

https://www.themcelroy.family/pages/staff

:lol: at the brother's titles.

Now I'm picturing the office assistant flying between their houses every day

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Brian started at about 70K at Polygon according to a Twitter thread he posted irt to salaries, something only achievable thanks to the Vox union's pay floor. Typical media salary in NYC is like ~50kish (if that, I know people full time at Bustle etc who never cracked 40), 120k is "head editor" money. That's a pretty comfortable salary even here.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

um excuse me posted:

It needs to be stated that talking about crackers for 1/3 the show, followed by ads, followed by a much squad is what made me unsub MBMBAM. I'm still on the TAZ train still and surely all of their future seasons will keep me onboard.

This episode ruled

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Colonel Whitey posted:

I like that the podcast is a bit predictable, it's like comfort food or a meditation app at this point. It calms the nervous system after a long stressful day. I do also find it funny still, if I didn't I'd probably stop listening, but I also don't listen to it strictly for entertainment anymore. It's also nice that it's something my wife and I can do together to decompress since there's actually not a lot of media that we both enjoy.

It's familiar, but not too familiar

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Escobarbarian posted:

TAZ will never have anything as funny as them getting onto the Rockport Express and relentlessly bullying everyone on there ever again because that’s not how they operate anymore. It’s still funny, but man, it used to be HYSTERICAL.

I remember listening to that episode when it first came out and was literally crying at my desk when they wouldn't stop teasing Jenkins over his "smelly hands"

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

that's me :(

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/eiffeltyler/status/1451202440259194888

This all ties back to Justin

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1453892842741542912

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Zero One posted:

What DnD class maps to Boy Detective?

Inquisitive Rogue, it's basically the RDJ Sherlock Holmes

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Previa_fun posted:

I tried listening to the Besties around the time Cyberpunk came out and god were they awful about that game. Yeah, it didn't live up to the hype and it had a bugged release (the performance on last gen consoles is lol. Why even release it on last-gen at that point) but overall it was a solid game IMO. They completely trashed it and I'm convinced Ron Funches didn't even play the loving game because the criticism he kept coming back to was "too much South Park/GTA humor!" which....there isn't really that much of?

I am MAD ABOUT VIDEO GAMES AND PODCASTS THEREOF.

There is an absolute ton of it in the game though? Like Borderlands-level bad throughout, not to mention constant terrible references including a straight-up "the cake is a lie!" in TYOOL 2020. Every single billboard has an ad for a dildo, or a gun, or a dildo gun and one character is literally named "Mister Hands." Come on

(And this is from someone who thinks it's a solid 7/10)

change my name fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 9, 2021

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I feel like this adventure zone ep really suffered from a lack of a map even though they're already doing online character sheets and have used Roll20 before for the intermission one-shots (a lot of "wait where's my character?")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I don’t now why but Justin dropping the nasty stuffing photo into the wrong window made me cry laughing