Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Making this thread be about BDG as well is an awesome idea. Has a very similar energy to the McElroys and deserves to be discussed.

Also there's nothing bad to say about him at all as he is perfect and amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

The World Inferno posted:

Very excited to see what he does post-Polygon. Fella's certainly trying to expand his horizons, hoping and expecting he turns to doing something larger than 20 minute youtube videos with his buds.

Makes me wonder in general, Justin has made pretty overt gesture towards becoming an actual voice actor. Wonder if the rest of them are eyeing where they can exit in five years from the podcasting empire into other media.

I agree. At some point I may do a bigger post about him for the uninitiated.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Warbird posted:

Has he put up anything recently besides the be your own boss and vcr videos?

he put up a video about pickles not feeling right. other than that no but his videos are so inspired and original that it's hard to ask for much more.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

also, on an unrelated note the Travis rant seems like it has the potential to be the next loss.jpg text post. it feels like it's got staying power.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

ghost emoji posted:

The new theme song is way better than the old one, but they really only need to play about half of it. I assume they just played the whole song this time because it was the first time they’ve used it?

The ad this week (for One Bad Mother) was almost unlistenable. It’s bad when the ads are only 30 seconds long but they feel longer than the actual show.

I have never heard an ad for a show that actually just sounded like a back door for a piece of that show's merchandise. until today.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

flavor.flv posted:

You have to do better than that to match Loss for clueless idiot energy. No, I think the internet is going to move past it, and heal

I think the venue here is important. he said this to a bunch of streamers on air. it wasn't just him musing into the void. he had to shut everything down so he could say it. he had to look people in the loving eyes.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

The McElroy brothers will never do (insert your favorite old bit) ever again*

*except maybe for a donors only episode.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Jeff's collection has been a running joke since Ryan was alive. they even did that game of the year video about it.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

AndrewP posted:

I'm sorry, is there a Jeff McElroy? and where does he rank among the brothers

well obviously this is the wrong thread.

and third.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Regarding the other topic of this thread, BDG and Karen Han are writing for an as-yet-undisclosed television show.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

so they're doing an underwater one this time? for some reason I thought it was going to be in space.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

wait a minute it's an e? I thought we were on I? Griffin stop confusing me

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

so, is justin, travis, or clint the big coral-headed automaton?

It doesn't have a mouth so hopefully travis

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I'm pretty sure this is the guy that had to notify me when he moved into my neighborhood.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Griffin Mcelroy DnD Discussion with guest Brennan Lee Mulligan is like Steve Jobs teaches you how to code with guest Steve Wozniak.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

edit: oops, not the giant bomb thread

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

how long has Travis looked like that it's been a while since I've seen them

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Ok Comboomer posted:

Kristen Schaal doesn’t talk like Louise Belcher normally, no

I mean... Less shouty but she really does sound more or less like that in every single show, interview, or public appearance I've ever seen her in.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

LMM who was shoved into a locker by Immortal Technique

The only mistake Tech made was apologizing for this

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

flesh dance posted:

I haven't watched any old monster factories in a very long time, but I was cooking with ham and randomly remembered one of their characters doing something along the lines of swallowing the word "ham" and then no one could say it for a week

I remember that line being stupidly funny, what episode was it from? There are 85 videos on that playlist and I can't for the life of me remember, one of you has to have seen it recently enough to know

This is a WWE game! I believe it's the one where they make a hosed up version of The Rock. Brock Lesnar was the ham-eater.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

DKC looked cool as hell though, at that time there was just nothing that looked anything like it that I can remember. Also the music is fantastic, some of the most memorable on the Super Nintendo and that says something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

It's about the same as the over/under on people finally figuring out what an over/under is and how to use it. In other words, it isn't likely.