Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Warbird posted:

Has he put up anything recently besides the be your own boss and vcr videos?

He has a twitch channel where he plays games while riding an exercise bike

https://www.twitch.tv/briandavidgilbert

I've yet to see him complain about trolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

flavor.flv posted:

You have to do better than that to match Loss for clueless idiot energy. No, I think the internet is going to move past it, and heal

It’s often much harder on the imposter...

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Jestery posted:

Ahhh gotcha

If you really hate yourself the full clip is further down in the twitter chain, but no highly esteemed deed is commemorated there

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Sinteres posted:

Yeah it felt like they started TQY too early in the history and maybe could have started it with the actual foundation of the underwater city instead of all the stuff leading up to that. I get that Griffin wanted to be able to do the exposition drop with the world clock timer, and I'm totally fine with having backstory exposition, but a lot of the rest of it felt kind of superfluous.

I like the concept they're working toward, but boy is this a slow burn toward getting there.

I believe they said it was 3 episodes long and they're going to be released weekly.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Sankara posted:

"Your eldest person dies or Your eldest person is sick, and you lose progress on your projects."

Clint picks to kill his self insert, Griffin says it costs a week of progress anyway! Harsh. Weird prompt for a game designed to not make characters, too.

It only caused them to lose progress on the ocean surveying project because the old man worked with Fineas Cawl all the other projects advanced

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

more falafel please posted:

How is it less suited than "hey good girls do you wanna just say yeah I wanna" with the most awkward rhythm transition of all time

I’ve never listened to more of It’s a Departure than the intro section. I just listened to the first 2 minutes or so and it is not a good song. Also I never realized the Money Zone Intro was part of the same song :psyduck:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

I saw this because Branson Reese liked it, I assumed it was a photoshop. Is this real?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Doppelganger posted:

I really, really wish they’d just start the arc already.

It “should” start a month from today. I believe this is the penultimate Quiet Year episode

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

flavor.flv posted:

May I suggest Dungeons and Daddies or Not Another D&D Podcast while you wait?

They both have that rowdy but heartfelt Balance energy, and NADDPOD has two completed campaigns for you to binge through

I'd also throw Rude Tales of Magic in there as a recommendation. If you haven't started it they have a decent backlog built up and Branson Reese is truly the Final Boss of DMs.

https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/1403098539190734848?s=20

*The actual skinned man tweet is a bit NSW

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

a pipe smoking dog posted:

think you me circumcised?

There are more things in heaven and earth, a pipe smoking dog, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
New BDG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS4kjOsSooM

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

wizzardstaff posted:

- Magic was a gift from the gods. This was a contentious mistake which started an apocalypse.
- People from all nations of the world felt a mental call to settle a new society beneath the waves.
- They spent a year preparing. Much of their raw materials came from ore mined from the body of a dead god.
- Along the way, they figured out how to incorporate lost souls into coral golems. Most of these were from a nation that had been wiped out (magically shifted to another dimension?) in the earlier apocalypse, but at least one was just a regular dead person.
-At the end of a year, the militaristic religious nation that had spent its time building a flying city fortress came and attacked the coastline settlement, forcing everyone underwater for good.
- Also there was a guy convinced he could psychically fight sharks.

They built the Flying Fortress and attacked the storm not the settlement. Everyone ducked underground as the storm was approaching and the city disappeared beyond it.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Branson Reese would be pretty wild.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Empty Sandwich posted:

he's missed about half of the Oh These, Those Stars of Spaces and also most of the chat shows for that show... I assume Swan Boy is taking up most of his non-Rude time.

On the last Rude Chatting they mentioned they’ve all been recording in person so it sounds like he’s back in NY.

Would love to see him run or play a game with another group, he’s pure chaos magic.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Pennsylvanian posted:

They're also doing weekly TAZ and trying to fit in more profitable projects. I could see them dusting off Monster Factory for the upcoming WWE game, though.

Elden Ring supposedly has an amazing character creator so there's hope there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

flavor.flv posted:

If you have tiktok and aren't already following Tom Cardy, please rectify, he's Australia's BDG. Here's him with Montaigne to prove it:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7023829123151842562

He’s been moving away from TikTok I believe due to censorship, he’s been using YouTube for most everything lately

https://youtube.com/channel/UCW7AGm8JSBEEew61dJIgl_A