Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Relistened to Dust over the past few days. I forgot how funny ringing the Carrion Street distress bell was and how naturally the mystery unfolded. Hopefully Travis takes another shot at a short game. The contained environment and accelerated timeframe seem to play more towards his strengths as a storyteller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Clint is on Blank Check discussing Ishtar and it is everything I wanted it to be.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Rapidly Going Deaf › McElory + BDG Love Zone: an ant-covered Walmart bag full of rotten sauce packet wrappers

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
The angry silence following "Do they have Coke products?" is why I listen to these good boys.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
You don't. There's maybe 20 minutes of salvageable footage, and that's being extremely generous.

If WHM was doing an episode...

Even then, if you're that desperate for anti-comedy, just watch the last season of The Office again.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The Travis seems to consist of a lot of bits that I would really enjoy if they were used with discretion, but put all together, and that much? No thanks.

#ThankTravisForTravis

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"Grimace is the representation of the darkness that lives inside all of us."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
So does he.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Hurt people hurt people.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Giving Travis the benefit of the doubt, they haven't really had a Lunar Interlude-style break, and this isn't CR where it's not uncommon for players to pull each other aside for more subdued character-driven conversations. Zoox doesn't seem to pick up on a lot of social cues, and Amber doesn't seem to give much of a gently caress about social cues. As a charismatic character, what do you do with that?

Has Devo been a manipulative little poo poo? Yes. Is that supposedly contrary to his whole belief system? Yes. Does that kind of hypocritical behavior jibe with Travis as both a player and a person? Yes.

I'd like to believe Devo was already iffy on the mission, and the people giving it, and then everything went unbelievably sideways, and that both Devo and Travis had had ENOUGH. Doesn't excuse or explain anything, but Tres Horny Koi have been together a few weeks at most. If we're still having this conversation about how Devo manipulates people like a motherfucker only to turn around and rail against manipulation in six months, there's a problem. If this is him getting his sea legs and learning how to use his skills outside of their intended usage, it might just be the start of a really fantastic character arc for both Devo as a character and Travis as a player.

Guess we'll see.

Ok Comboomer posted:

Joss Whedon stole River Tam from Outlaw Star

Travis McElroy stole Devo from Outcast of Redwall

I hate how much I love this.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

koshmar posted:

Branson Reese would be pretty wild.

I feel like that has the potential to unleash Clint in the best and worst ways.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That interrogation took a wild turn and Griffin just ran with it like a boss. Legitimately impressive stuff.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Sandwolf posted:

I’d pay money to have Griffin do another Nuzlocke of any Pokémon game.

"Y-you want us to call you Garbage Boy?"

"YESH."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Relistening to The Quiet Year playthrough, I kind of wonder what the current season would be like without Griffin bringing so much to the table to begin with.

There was already a world before the submersion with its own sparse cosmology. There were already four main groups. Everyone started with the working knowledge that the world was going to be submerged.

Was Friends at the Table more or less open-ended? Because, listening again, it seems like The Quiet Year was a way to populate the ocean they knew they were going to play in with weird poo poo, not necessarily a way to organically build to a world subsumed by a weird ocean.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Good to know!

I've tried FatT a few times but it just doesn't resonate with me for whatever reason. Hopefully this time is different.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Shinjobi posted:

(or just plain cake but I've been told that makes me the weirdo for liking those:shrug:)

The cashier will look at you funny if you ask for it, but a regular donut without the glaze is also really good.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Fully expected a Shrimp Heaven Now reference but no dice.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I'm glad Griffin is involved. When it popped up, my first reaction was "Dang, Travis... Can't even wait for your brother to finish his video game thing before you jump in with your own video game thing?!" and I'm someone who (despite his Travis-ness) likes Travis.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
More MSLMSLM, less side projects.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Warbird posted:

I’d adore a one shot where we get to see if any of them survive an an encounter with Branson Reese as the DM.

This. Do it. Unleash Clint's full potential.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Ha ha! I forgot his name was Devo La Main...

#ThankTravisForTravis

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Which is probably what he was going for. But even the wiki spells it both ways, and I thought it was funny.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Could not tell you a drat thing about what they're trying to accomplish in Dust, but everything with Gus P. is still the best and the ongoing bit about Callan's parrot endears Clint more and more. He just can't help himself.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I love that they just talked about recording video of their episodes, then proceeded to upload episodes en masse, including the most recent one where they talk about recording video of their episodes, to Youtube, a video platform, but they're just the audio.

:kiss:

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Christ Almighty. Whether or not they post videos is irrelevant. It’s ironic that they mentioned recording video and then posted audio clips to a video site. That’s it. That’s the joke.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Justin's "No. Now shut up, my NPC's aren't just going to sit there and take your horseshit" energy has been a glorious alternative to Griffin's doormats and Travis' railroading. Not quite digging the Steeplechase setting, but I will happily stick around if he's as equally snappy with all his other characters.

The only real character in Steeplechase, NPC or not, is Justin. And that's just fine.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Please change the thread title to The Biden/McElroy (+ BDG) Agenda.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Doing my annual homework watching Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2.

Every year, I forget that Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 is co-written by Nick Bakay.

Ever year, I remember that Norbert Beaver, Salem the Cat, and the Shadowman may be one and the same.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Nice to see Justin stepping into the ring on Steeplechase this week. Excited to see what Stimpson has to offer.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If that was the episode on Nothing But Trouble, I can think of at least one good reason for trying to wrap things up...

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Neither do they. Still worth the listen.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
What if a different brother tried it?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Woof woof, TravNation!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I don't want anyone to die, but I am terribly intrigued by the idea of someone who has never seen Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 or listened to the show having to hear about The Shadowman and the Big Sticky Mess.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Travis playing Wonder Man is the most Travis Travis can possibly Travis.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Merry Cronchmas!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Twenty Connoisseur was pretty good

Twenty Coinasaur Connta Connoisseur: You Try To Spell It

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Three episodes in and the TAZ v Dracula theme still slaps hard. I've never been much of a Castlevania fan, but that arpeggiated riff towards the end gets me pumped.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
This thread...

"I like the new theme!"

"Yeah, but those DMs though."

All in jest. I'm as guilty as anyone else on these dead gay forums. Still. It's a good song. Not everyTravis has to Travis so Travis. "You can like a podcast."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Justin.

Justin.

Nobody has ever called it ON-tee Anne's. Regional dialects are one thing, but you don't go into someone's OTT-ic or BOSS-ment.

Pronounce MODREN and TWUNNY however you like. But lines must be drawn somewhere.