Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does anyone know if sleeper has dynasty salary cap options? I’d like to move on from MFL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Their support agent said they don’t support it when I asked today and I created a trial league and I don’t see any salary cap options anywhere, but maybe it’s still being implemented?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was offered Kittle for my Jonathan Taylor in my dynasty salary cap league.

Kittle costs $5 this year and Taylor is $19. Goes up $1 or 10% every year (whichever is more).

I think Taylor will be a stud, but I’m desperately weak at TE and pretty strong at RB.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d have Mixon, Jacobs, Sanders, CEH, Singletary, and Jeff Wilson left at RB.

My TE’s right now are Henry and Njoku...

I also need to cut a bunch of salary this off-season so that would help.

Is that a fair trade straight up? He was pushing for a pick in return as well.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don’t think you can buy more dollars for the draft, assuming it’s an auction. That would be a little silly.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dynasty roster question:

$250 salary cap. Player salaries increase by $1 or 10% (whichever is higher) each year. Starting lineup of 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLEX(RB/WR/TE). Full ppr.

My current roster:

QB:
Goff ($6)
Stafford ($6)
Tua ($6)

RB:
Mixon ($28)
Jacobs ($21)
Sanders ($19)
C.E.H. ($19)
Singletary ($11)
Jeff Wilson ($2)

WR:
Hopkins ($35)
Allen Robinson ($15)
Tee Higgins ($12)
Reagor ($12)
Thielen ($10)
McLaurin ($7)
Robby Anderson ($6)
Fulgham ($4)

TE:
Hunter Henry ($6)
Kittle ($5)

My 2021 draft picks:
1st round lottery pick (between $15-$17 depending)
Another first round lottery pick ($15-$17)
3rd round ($5)
4th round ($3)
5th round ($1)
6th round ($1)
7th round ($1)

So I currently have 6 open roster spots and $31 in cap space.

I guess Henry and Jeff Wilson are the easiest cuts to make? Any other thoughts here? Should I cut Reagor loose as well?

I don’t have to use all my picks but I’d like to at least use the two firsts and the third rounder.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

I'd strongly consider dropping Goff and seeing if I could get some value at QB down the road. $6 seems like a lot for your third QB. He doesn't really have the upside of the other two.

I'd also consider dumping Singletary because he seems high for his production, but also RBs are probably scarce, so not sure I'd want to part with him.

I wouldn't drop Raegor because he is a second year receiver and that is when players make their biggest jump. Not sure I like dumping Henry either, unless you think you can get him back at half the cost.

That Mixon contract must feel like a lead weight. Ugh.

Do you know where you are picking in the first round? And is it just a rookie draft?

Yea I traded Kelce for Mixon a few years ago on the advice from multiple people in this thread :( and it hasn’t worked out so good. I was just able to acquire Kittle though, so I’m set at TE for a long while.

I’m in the lottery so my two first round picks will both be between 1.01 and 1.06.

It’s rookies and free agents but I doubt there’s going to be any free agents worth taking with those picks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lol at knee jerk changing the rules of a league because you didn’t like how someone drafted. That’s straight up cheating.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

Does anybody run a dynasty league through MyFantasyLeague? Our league is making the switch from ESPN and we're trying to set it up and keep our rosters but switch to the salary cap and retroactively inflate player values based on how long they've been on our teams. I need help determining what the cap should be and what is a general player value to switch to without redrafting our whole teams.

I run a dynasty salary cap league on MFL. We use a $250 cap. Determining what every player should be worth is tough though. You could use fantasypros auction draft calculator and plug in all your league specifics.

It doesn’t take dynasty into account, but you will get a rough estimate of what each player should be worth.

Honestly the best thing to do would be to just start over with a fresh draft. A startup auction dynasty salary cap draft is like the most fun you can possibly have in fantasy football.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

A re-draft is out, sadly.

Thinking we'll just have the values be current auction values and then not cap it until next year so you have a year to get comfortable with your players and then come to a sensible conclusion for a cap of our 31 players (we have huge rosters and IDPs).

We'll just have to start increasing rosters by a dollar starting the year after. People would rather deal with value issues then abandon the teams they've had for going on four years now. We don't have taxi squad or contracts or weird scoring

Honestly, if you’re not re-drafting, don’t switch to a dynasty salary cap league.

You’re just going to ruin your league by having a bunch of hosed up salaries that are out of touch with the actual players values.

What do you even mean by “increasing rosters by a dollar”?

Salary cap leagues are very tricky and absolutely will suck if not set up the right way from the beginning.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 8, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Maybe just start a separate league for the salary cap.

You don’t ruin your original league, you get to do a fun salary cap league, you get another draft to enjoy, and you have twice the teams to tinker with!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I had two picks in this years lottery. I ended up with 1.03 and 1.05. I really wanted one of Harris or Chase. What do you think it would take to swap 1.03 with 1.02, or 1.01?

Edit: This is a ppr dynasty league.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 20, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d have no problem drafting Pitts and Lawrence normally, but in my salary cap dynasty league the 3rd pick is worth $17, and the 5th is worth $15. (Out of $250)

That’s more than I care to spend on either a TE or a QB.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea you make a good point. I do like Pitts and Lawrence more than the other guys in the 3-6 overall range. If I didn’t just trade Taylor for Kittle($4!), then I think I’d take Pitts immediately. I do desperately need a QB though (currently have Stafford and Tua), so I think if Lawrence is there at #5 I should probably just bite the bullet and grab him.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Eh I believed it too and still do. I don’t blame you for that. He’s just constantly underproduced and been plagued with injuries.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I like him. A poor mans Antonio Gibson.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It just brings tight ends a little bit closer to normal value since if they get 6 catches for 15 yards they can still be semi-viable.

Of course it pushes the top tier even higher up though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is Jonathan Taylor really ranked 1.04 this year? That seems ridiculous.

Edit: He was ranked 1.04 in a yahoo mock draft today.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ll hop in

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m going in hard on CEH this year. He was the RB11 last season not counting the weeks LeVeon Bell played. If he scored 1 more TD he would have been the RB6 during those weeks. Chiefs upgraded their line and I can’t see him not figuring out how to score from the 1 yard line again all season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stafford is the smart pick, Hurts is the lottery ticket.

Like yea maybe he runs for 300 yards and a few tds and wows everyone with his arm as well, but… probably not.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Top 5 is the best possible scenario for Stafford this year, not the most likely. I put him between 8-13 or so if he doesn’t get hurt.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea that’s where Hurts has the massive upside

BUT the Eagles are gonna suck sooo

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You know how many times I’ve hear “Stafford has the chance to be a top 5 QB this year?”

Although it can still happen, his first year on a new team after his prime years, isn’t the most likely.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ll join as well if there’s still a spot.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d maybe consider Gray in dynasty but anything but that is silly.

CEH on the other hand I’ll gladly reach to get in the early second round.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

Oh yeah sorry I absolutely was only talking in terms of dynasty which is all I care about these days because it rules so much

Hell yea it does rule

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My keeper league rules are two keepers at the round they were drafted. Maximum of 2 years each.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What happened with Najee Harris?

Also, seconding taking Chase over Harris.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I traded Taylor for Kittle in dynasty so I’ll feel a lot better if he doesn’t finish as a top 5 RB.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Lawrence, absolutely. It’s a no brainer.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There’s no chance CEH falls to 3.1 in a keeper league.

Mahomes and Kyler should be gone by then too.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 8, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve found most owners have zero idea of player value which makes trading nearly impossible. Doubly so in a dynasty league.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have 1.03 and 1.05 in the rookie draft of my dynasty salary cap league. I found out the second pick is dropping Mike Evans to get him back at a cheaper salary. Do I take Chase at 1.03?

There’s not going to be any non-rookies worth that draft price.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

Consensus dynasty rankings have Chase higher. I get taking Evans, but I don't think it's as close as you think. But I think he's saying Evans is going with the second pick, so assuming Najee goes one, he's thinking Chase.

Depending on your lineup, I consider Pitts or Chase. I probably lean Chase, even though Pitts has the higher ceiling to me.

Yea Evans is going with the second pick. I assume the first pick will be Harris but ya never know.

My team:

QB- Stafford, Tua
RB- CEH, Mixon, Jacobs, Sanders, Singletary
WR- Hopkins, McLaurin, Thielen, Robinson, T Higgins, Robby Anderson, Reagor, Fulgham
TE- Kittle, Henry

I’m stacked at WR, so I’d absolutely love if Harris fell to me, but I’m just worried about Chase with all the negative poo poo coming out of the Bengals camp.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea 2 years ago having Mixon Jacobs and Sanders was ridiculous on paper.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m also a little hesitant to grab Chase because I already have Mixon and Higgins. Owning the entire Bengal skill position set doesn’t sound great.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE and three flex slots (WR/RB/TE)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Zack posted:

Not sure how trading redraft picks works. Unless you mean getting the commish to swap my position with someone else's.

You trade your 1.04 and say a 3.04 for someone’s 1.07 and 2.03 or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I have never seen a redraft league that allows pick trading.

I’m so sorry for you