Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

dkj posted:

Crowder is a very likely cap casualty. Think he’s owed like $10m this season.

The jets aren't cap constrained this year. There's no reason to cut him until they see what else they have in the slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Awesome, thank you! Will let you know, we're going to give goons first crack at it for a little bit longer and then open it up to cool goon-adjacent folks. We're at 6/12 so far but I feel like this thread doesn't get a ton of traffic in May.

I'd join if it's both superflex and not IDP. I'm just trying to centralize my leagues starting requirements.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

It is superflex and we're not doing IDP.

Then I'll play!

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

One thing I didn't realize until the new schedules are out is that week 14 now has four teams on bye. So keeping the old week 14-16 playoffs would put those teams with those players at a huge disadvantage in the first week of the playoffs.

It's a new world.

The season is an extra week long, so it runs 18 weeks with 17 games and a bye.

So... Start your three week playoffs a week later and it's exactly the same and you still aren't playing in the last week

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Quarterroys posted:

Slow drafts own. You spread out the draft, and give more time for people to trade up and down.

Slow drafts all day for dynasty. Plus I'm old and have little kids, so late nights are problematic but also so is awake time.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Ty1990 posted:

I’m absolutely not an anti analytics or anti measurements guy, and I totally get how difficult scouting is, but I really think Elijah Moore is the type of guy that you could watch for twenty minutes in college and see he’ll be good.

Analytics guys were really high on Moore, iirc.

4.35 40, good breakout age / dominator

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I'd agree, there's no fair way to swap a league to SF mid stream. It's why I wouldn't try. But I definitely wouldn't think the fair solution is to just...take QBs from one team.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

What are the current platforms that support a customized best ball league? Fantrax and Sleeper are the only two I know, and Sleeper doesn't allow an odd amount of players.

MFL?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

kiimo posted:

I mean, sorry I didn't explain this but we're giving him and everybody else a year before the switch to prepare. The attempt to do it this year was 24 hours of bitching by literally everyone in the league for different reasons.

So we're not just shaving off players, he has a year to get down to four QBs. I mean it can be accomplished by straight up cutting Jimmy G and Goff.

That doesn't make it better. If Jimmy g and goff have no value, then there's no reason to force him to cut them. If they do, then find a deal that works or accept he's got them rostered. It doesn't really seem tough at all to me; setting a roster cap specifically to target one team is not cool.

Just redraft or let people keep like 6 players and redraft - it's much more fair than your plans.

Alternatively, since QBs are not top scorers in your league, tell people to just flex non-QB instead.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

kiimo posted:

Well I also think he's kind of overrated and not worth the cost

Football Guys has Pitts the #3 TE. Doesn't this make anyone else a little nervous? Yes I know he was incredible in college.

Consensus has Pitts there and Chase at... WR7? Tlaw at... QB7? najee as a top 12 RB. Rookies are often highly rated.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

kiimo posted:

A re-draft is out, sadly.

Thinking we'll just have the values be current auction values and then not cap it until next year so you have a year to get comfortable with your players and then come to a sensible conclusion for a cap of our 31 players (we have huge rosters and IDPs).

We'll just have to start increasing rosters by a dollar starting the year after. People would rather deal with value issues then abandon the teams they've had for going on four years now. We don't have taxi squad or contracts or weird scoring

Average winning bids from safeleague auctions?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I strongly considered it but I'm going to hope he'll still be there at 2.4. I'm banking on his ADP being 19 keeping him on the board being there at 16 with Russel Wilson and Lamar still on the board. I really wanted TLaw but I was one pick too late and I like Burrow but couldnt convince myself to take him at 9, though in hindsight yeah maybe I just should have taken him.

Yeah I dont hate having Cook but the long term part of my brain is screaming at me that Cook might be good for 3 or 4 more years while TLaw could be good for 15+.

Burrows ADP is 16, but he is the 13th "highest" player off the board. If that makes sense.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Anyone interested in a dispersal to join a 96 team 8 copy all play league?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

ChocolatePancake posted:

Why concerned about Gibson?

Turf toe.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Sataere posted:

Don't listen to them. I love Meyers in dynasty. He's a third year guy who had a really good second half last year. He passed the eye test for me. He's just a good football player, and I like trusting that to win out.

Things like reception perception and PFF both grade him out very highly.

There's a good chance that Meyers is the top receiver on that team. That still might not be a super relevant role.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Levin posted:

Confused, CMC still on the board then? Assuming no there's still Ezekiel Elliot and Derrick Henry that would round out the top 5 on most boards.

Saquon dropped to 2.03 in my 12-team Half PPR league fwiw.

It's a keeper league, so CMC is being kept.

I'm not sure how I feel about Barkley in functionally redraft because of the injury. I might take someone else.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spoeank posted:

If you put an x to the left of a players name in a column you get it blacked out 🙂

Have you guys thought about the various integrations to let it sync if someone is using it in sheets?

You can pull from sleeper API or MFL the draft status.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

dkj posted:

It’s rarely a good idea to take an early QB and an early TE.

Disagree; if your league requires a starter at TE, TE is the highest VAR position - and one of the most predictable at top 2/3 right now.

The issue is if you take an early TE, it needs to be both early and a stud - meaning kelce waller or kittle. Mandrews is in that middle no man's land where he just isn't what you want.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I'm in a Dynasty league for the first time this year. Three players I drafted in our 30 round draft, (in no particular order) Kawaan Baker, Kenny Yeboah, and Seth Williams, all got cut. How do you guys usually handle that? My gut tells me cut and pick up players on an active roster, but I imagine the situation the player is in should be taken into account. We have a Taxi Squad of 5 players and the player can stay there through their second season if they never leave.

For example Seth Williams is already officially on Denver's Practice Squad; Courtland Sutton and Tim Patrick are both on the last year of their contracts and DaeSean Hamilton is injured and probably not coming back. The other names on the WR roster dont jump out at me. Is he worth keeping on my Taxi Squad if I dont see a player I like more on the waiver wire or should I definitely be gunning for someone on an active roster?

Jeudy was a (top 15?) first round pick last year and there's a decent chance Sutton gets re-signed.

Generally, good players don't cut get. And they don't get cut and go unclaimed. I'd be rostering RB backups over those guys.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Straw man bad.

Edit: let me try to explain...

Comparing Antonio to Watson makes some sort of sense. Both guys supremely talented, top 5 at their position, both have had (so far) 1 year of poo poo off the field. Both are super good to have on your team if they are playing.

Josh Gordon has been suspended every single year since 1998 when the Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell In a Cell through a table.

Dude below me: nah, Evans will hit less. Brown gonna be ppr gold.

AB is insanely good, but that team has so many options.

But here's the thing; in any given week 1-2 of the options will flop because they're all good and none will get consistently fed week to week. Given that, I want the cheapest options.

AB has shown he still has the talent. He's cheap in dynasty leagues, so I'm all over buying.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Assuming some kind of PPR. Hell no. Corey Davis barely has value this year let alone going forward. Jacobs is still on a rookie contract and had 1 year full time in college. Less wear than most RB's in the league and price controlled for his current team. He's got a while left imo. If they're a likely winner 1 + 1 is the minimum bid.

1+1 for Jacobs is way above value. He's pretty much valued as a late 1.

Corey Davis also pretty clearly has value if you expect Wilson to take a step. He's getting targeted on 25% of his routes, which is more or less what you want from a potential low WR1 or high 2.

He's the best WR on that team and probably actually good at football.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yeah a single late 1 is wildly undervaluing a 3 down back in ppr. Trade analyzers are insane if that's the what they're putting out and/or people are selling stupid low. The opportunity is there for Davis this year he's not going to be the long term #1 with the Jets. He's a wr3 at best long term while Jacobs likely has 4 more years of production in him.

A late 1 in dynasty is getting you a wr/qb/te not a rock solid rb2 at worst.

No reason to think Davis isn't better than the Jets other receiving options or capable of being the #1 -- he had a better target share than AJB last year while playing against the top CBs iirc.

He's not a super high end WR, but let's not pretend he's worthless.

Recent trades (last 3 days) involving Jacobs and picks:
ETN+1 for jacobs, fuller, carson, darrel williams, and a 2
Jacobs for 22 2 + 23 1
22 1+2+3 for jacobs+trask
jacobs for ruggs, tremble, 2x2
zeke+3 for jacobs+1
diontae for jacobs+2
Jacobs+2 for mac.
jacobs+diggs for fant+edwards+2x1

He's not being valued as a player worth multiple firsts. If you value him higher than he's being valued, wonderful. That doesn't mean that's what people should pay for him, or expect to get for him.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I wish I knew. I've lost like 7 games by less than a point this year (across 4 leagues) and won 1.

In year one of dynasty leagues, the margin of victory in 50% of wins is greater than the average weekly score of the top player.

I'd imagine redraft looks similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

We do our rookie draft right before the regular season starts because it sucks mega hard to waste top draft picks on some dude who blows his ACL in the preseason. We had to do a slow draft last year and so it started a little bit earlier than I would have preferred and I spent 1.3 on Travis Etienne hours before he died.

IMO the earlier your rookie draft, the more random the outcomes e.g. it discounts skill in favor of luck. I prefer to reduce the variance in fantasy football as much as I can because it's already like 70% luck in the best of times.

Generally, the opposite of this.

The later your draft is, the more ADP is settled and news has come out about players from camp/etc, which reduces the expected range of outcomes and returns, limiting the ability for a "skilled" drafter to separate themselves.

Injuries are fundamentally random, I wouldn't worry about them either way. ETNs startup ADP is unchanged from last off-season, iirc, so you still got appropriate value. (though drafting him at 1.03 was probably a mistake regardless)