Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Requiescat in Pace to Some Guys

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/1384575383190786049

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Punting away
Receiving punt
Field goal unit

Three types of downs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

No, but if I can find any better best ball setup than Fantrax, I'm dumping that place in a heartbeat.

https://twitter.com/SleeperHQ/status/1386345010191241217

:)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

People think I don't log off of Twitter because I'm obsessed with political takes, it's actually for breaking sports news for fantasy football

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

By the way I spoke with Beer4TheBeerGod about it, and I will be heading up the return of Cheating for Charity this year :)

Just wanted to have that on page one in case someone goes looking for it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

generic one posted:

I realize this is from a couple of weeks ago, but I just had a thought on charity fundraising via fantasy football: Some leagues charge for waiver wire additions. Instead of adding those charges to the pot, could always put those extra funds in the charity bucket.

Sounds like you’ve already got an idea in mind, but figured I’d throw that out there. :)

Edit: Something like a 50/50 split could work, too. Half to the pot, half to charity.

I'm reviving something Beer4TheBeerGod used to run, too: cheating for charity. Part of it is you theoretically have unlimited faab but your faab is tied to how much you donate. So you can always buy back in. Also, you can swap players out after they played for faab dollars.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

generic one posted:

Interesting. My first thought was that people would just blatantly buy a bunch of FAAB, but I guess you gotta kinda weigh the advantage it gives you vs your chances of coming out ahead.

Just curious, how’d that work, both in the draft and for waivers? Also, what were your impressions for how those seasons shook out? Did folks spend a lot for extra FAAB, or did they spend conservatively?

People sort of self-regulated because there wasn't a lot of incentive to pay to win since if was 100% for charity. It was all for charity so if you wanted to pay to win it wasn't the end of the world for everyone else. There were a handful of bench-to-lineup slot switches each week but it was basically not one person paying to win since we all knew it was for fun and charity.

And I did a bench swap to win in the finals one year. It's lots of fun. 🙂

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

kiimo posted:

My dynasty league is moving to Superflex in '22. I currently have one QB and have a year before the switch to get another one so QB is inflated in value.

That being said, please look at my draft power rankings and yell at me for who I have above whom

Ja'Marr Chase
Najee Harris
Zach Wilson
Trevor Lawrence
De'Vanta Smith
Jalen Waddle
Elijah Moore
Kyle Pitts
Javante Williams
Travis Etinne
Rashod Bateman
Kadarius Toney
Macorkle Jones
Justin Fields
Terrace Marshall, Jr.
Trey Sermon
Michael Carter
Rondale Moore
Trey Lance
Dyami Brown
Amari Rodgers
Nico Collins
Amon Ra St. Brown
Josh Palmer
D'Wayne Eskridge
Cornell Powell
Pat Freiermuth
Tylan Wallace
Chuba Hubbard
Anthony Schwartz
Rhamondre Stevenson
Tutu Atwell
Kenneth Gainwell
Hunter Long
Dez Fitzpatrick
Ihmir Smith-Marsette
Simi Fehoko
Jaelon Darden
Chris Evans
Tommy Tremble
Elijay Mitchell
Larry Roundtree
Khalil Herbert
Set Williams
Kylin Hill
Brevin Jordan
Kellen Mond
Kene Nwangwu
Davis Mills
Shi Smith
Kyle Trask
Javian Hwkins
Frank Darby
Tamorrion Terry
Jermar Jefferson
Dazz Newsome
Noah Gray
Josh Imatorbhebhe
Pookah Williams Jr
Marquez Stevenson
Sage Surratt
Demetric Felton
Jonathan Adams
Racey McMath
Jaret Patterson
Ian Book
Tre McKitty

If this is for SF dynasty you gotta bump the good first round QBs to the top. Also Pitts and ETN are too low!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The man has 6 QBs and none are in the top 8 what a time to be alive

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I appreciate the football absurdity plug but we don't do a lot of dynasty stuff 🙂

...yet

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Anyone else in Scott Fish Bowl this year?

I'm stuck with Mike Clay. I'm in danger.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I made a scott fish bowl shirt design and they are using it :3:

https://twitter.com/DynastyOuthouse/status/1407013506373885956?s=19

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I would definitely sell a late first for someone in the RB15-25 range but I'm not sure that gets it done. Where are you sitting in the second? Could you could move of the firsts and your second and see how far forward you can get in the first. Or package em both and get a second top five pick and call your problems done.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Unrealized Air Yards is a great way to find value guys too.

Obviously the big name guys aren't what matters here but I'm nodding at Jeudy and Mooney

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What is unrealized air yards? When the WR got open but the QB couldnt get them the ball, or it was a bad pass?

Air Yards on incompletions. Curtis Samuel was the unrealized Air Yards guy from last offseason and he was a screaming deal

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

I want to do it. I even have the OP written and a charity drive hook. However, a close family member is going through potentially permanently debilitating health issue. Until they get a diagnosis I can't commit to anything, anywhere.

It's not my son, either, who had huge health issues mentioned upthread. It's been a rough Spring.

Sorry for bumming everyone out. Please rank the following:
Sbarkles (that's what I call Saquon Barkley)
Jay-Tay (that's what I call Jonathan Taylor)
Nick Chubb (that's what I call Nick Chubb)
Kamara
Cook
Henry

I go
1. Cook
2. Jay Tay
3. Sbarkles
4. Henry
5. Kamara
6. Chubb

Putting Jay Tay somewhere I can't tell you no. Sneaky sneaky.

I have
Cook, Barkley, Kamara, Henry, JT, Chubb

There's a tier break between Henry and JT, and an Austin Ekeler and Aaron Jones between JT & Chubb.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

CMC isn't 1.01 because he is for sure going to be 1. It's because he's going to be like 4 at worst, so sure.

It's the same reason Trout went 1 for so long in baseball and why Tucker is almost always K1 despite never finishing there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4theBeerGod doesn't post much around these parts so guess what I get to announce for 2021 🙂

https://footballabsurdity.com/beersheet-request-form/

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Where are my Scott Fish Boyz at

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Please do not go out of your way to put New York Jets players on your roster.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

A truly disgusting accusation.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Baker and Goff is... alright. It's not the best but he could have 2 guys between QB14 and QB20. I've been there, you can win with that pretty easily.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It's because he's a large wide receiver, not a tight end.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The problem with leaning into Matthew Stafford is the changing landscape of fantasy football scoring. If you don't run, you need a historically good season to reach the top-five. Rushing is so much more valuable that a passing-only quarterback starts in a massive hole

To put it a different way, if you converted fantasy points from rushing yards and TDs into equivalent passing yards and TDs, then add them to their passing, this is where you end up last year per game

Dak, 418 yards, 2.2 TDs
Kyler, 376 yards, 2.1 TDs
Watson, 371 yards, 2.2 TDs
Mahomes, 367 yards, 2.6 TDs
Jackson, 351 yards, 2.0 TDs
Allen, 350 yards, 2.6 TDs
Wilson, 343 yards, 2.6 TDs

None of these guys were outliers, so Stafford is starting in a massive hole. He's gotta average ~350 and ~2.5 just to make it into their tier.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

His backups are Xavier Jones and Jake Funk; I'd keep him in bubble wrap too

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If you picked the correct non-Tyreek Hill WR2 every week on the Chiefs his aggregate score was WR40. I'm past worrying about Demarcus Robinson and Corn Pop and the gang.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

CEH was inside the top-20 in yards from scrimmage in the first 6 games of a career before Le'Veon Bell made it a hosed up situation. He's good at football, people overreacted.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tiptoes posted:

My point in referencing his CEH tweet from last year wasn't about questioning CEH's talent, it was to demonstrate that Riddick's praise of Chiefs can be so hyperbolic that it paints a dishonest picture and has negative fantasy value. It would be like completely trusting everything Cecil Lammey says about the Broncos.

I was preemptively stopping people from clowning on CEH!!! He's good at football!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

25 hour timer that pauses overnight, so 32 hour timer! Just check once a day! It's not hard!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

KingKapalone posted:

What's the standard structure for a 12 person league? We've just had one division and Sleeper randomizes the order you play people in and once you play everyone it starts over again. We then did 6 teams make the playoffs for a week 14-16 playoff.

I assume playoffs should start week 15 now. Should I change anything about who plays who?

We're also going to make next year a keeper so I'm interested in hearing what some standard rules are for that assuming it affects how people draft this year. Thanks.

One division works. You could also do 2 divisions and the winner, leading point scorer, and second best record in each division gets in. Winners get week 15 byes. Finish the season at week 17.

There are a ton of rules for keepers. There isn't a standard but there are a lot of options:

- draft round keeper
- draft round + 1 keeper
- draft round, halved (round 12 keeper kept in round 6)

But you have to decide if players have a max keeper cost, and what waiver wire pickups cost.

There's also potential restricted keepers. Nobody drafted in first 3 rounds, for example. This gives the guy who picked last the first crack at all keeper-eligible players.

There's no real standard and it varies from league to league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Goons give me your dynasty PPR takes. My brain needs more opinions.

Ja'marr Chase
Najee Harris
Travis Etienne

Ches Neckbeard give me more information about what you're going to do with the 1.01 in our league :getin:

Edit:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I honestly cant stand Sleeper. It runs like rear end on my android and the web app is purestrain garbage that is missing a good 3/4 of the tools you have on the phone app. I was unable to submit a waiver wire claim on the browser version so I had to try to do it on my phone and it took me like 15 minutes to get right. Meanwhile running the ESPN and Yahoo websites on my phone works just fine.

Click on the player to get their player card. Waiver button is next to the watch list button (to the right of the star)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I mean I've never been that secretive. The team was named AFC North Running Back Committee at one point lol

That's okay I just need to know if [CENSORED] will be there at

It's not you. The big thing Sleeper is missing is a "here's how to use sleeper" 2 minute youtube tutorial. Everything seems super evident... only after someone points it out to you

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm literally proselytizing auction at the fantasy football auction this weekend :getin:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I'm at the fantasy football expo and I can confirm there isn't any good auction advice that is widely available because the experts are scared of auctions lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

illcendiary posted:

Does anyone else play in a 12-team standard auction league ($200) where RB values are just way, way over what sites like FantasyPros and ESPN project? Like I see the top RB being worth $70 on some of these lists and you need to pay $80-90 for the top-tier guys in my league. It’s been this way for years and I’m really not sure what we’re undervaluing that is causing this.

Probably guys in the WR and RB 15-30 range.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Rhamondre StevenSZN, folks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Call me nuts but I'm not wasting a roster spot on the 5'5" guy in the gladiator sport, no matter how deep

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I went to the fantasy football expo this weekend and the goon dynasty league I'm in said I should post some impressions about it in the thread:

- everyone there is a goon. Everyone. It was one of the nerdiest things I've ever been to. It was a weird thing to go to because outside of Michael Fabiano, Scott Fish, Andy Behrens and Denny Carter, most of the "celebrities" were extremely niche. Troy King, Dave Kluge, the Madgziuks, etc. If you know fantasy twitter, I spent most of my time with Herms (and Sataere, if you know goons)

- First day was a loosely affiliated event called Draft Night Out. It was fine, I had a pretty good draft. One thing I learned from this is that even the "experts" get lost without a guiding sheet. I was doing stickers for our draft *and* I drafted the fastest because I had a beersheet. Literally all it took and I was one of like 3 people who weren't falling apart at the seams.

- everyone was extremely cool and nice, and nobody got really mad about rankings or whatever. I attended some breakout panels for sports betting and a pretty neat auction draft software called Drafty. It has a ton of unique features (including 4 bids at once, the ability to "throw back" a player and recoup their salary, "folding" on bids).

- There was a mixer with everyone, and I met a bunch of cool people and we argued about stuff, all in good fun. That's where I met the people with the smartest idea. These were their business cards:
https://twitter.com/BreakoutDynasty/status/1425533344561852419?s=19

- The actual expo had a pro expert mock draft and it was the most dogshit draft I have ever seen in my life. JD McKissic in the 7th. Jonnu Smith in the 8th. Just an absolute nightmare. So if you're afraid your draft is going awry just remember that experts took Adam Thielen before Cooper Kupp and Tyler Lockett and that Ryan Tannehill was a 6th round pick in this.

- as for the presentations at the expo, there wasn't much that was super exciting. Madden 22 early demo I didn't get a chance to check out and a bunch of dynasty stuff.

- but the conversations! The conversations were great. Everyone was there to talk fantasy and I got a chance to crowdsource stuff for the dynasty slow draft I'm in

- masking was spotty but everyone I talked to had been vaxxed so it will hopefully work out 😬.

- EVERY EXPERT IS SCARED SHITLESS OF AUCTION DRAFTS

All in all it was a great experience and if you think it's not for fantasy randoms, you're wrong. I can't wait to go back next year!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They coached you into Trey Lance over Fields? The madmen!

Yeah I'm blowing up your draft

That was all me baby. But I literally ran the Stafford trade by the Dynasty Trade Calculator guys lol

Silly Burrito posted:

Awesome, thanks for sharing that. But...

Why? Just the unpredictability of them all?

Unfamiliarity mostly. It's easy to bang out a mock draft snake in an hour and you're done with it, and most DFS and high stakes drafts are snake. There's not a lot of experience which is why their "values" are always just converted projections.

It's a whole new ballgame that none of them bothered to learn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Well, did you win that trade or did I? ;)

That's up to you.
We ran the 2022 as a late second... you win
We ran it as an early second... I win.

The choice is yours and yours alone