Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

dkj posted:

And Sleepers chat is pretty robust, so probably no need for another chat unless we really want to separate topics.

poo poo, it does seem pretty slick. Even has voice chat. Only used Yahoo before, so that’s a huge upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

Then, when that's done I'm bringing back the Goon Fish Bowl. I have an idea on how to use it to raise money for charity that will take up a lot of my time.

I realize this is from a couple of weeks ago, but I just had a thought on charity fundraising via fantasy football: Some leagues charge for waiver wire additions. Instead of adding those charges to the pot, could always put those extra funds in the charity bucket.

Sounds like you’ve already got an idea in mind, but figured I’d throw that out there. :)

Edit: Something like a 50/50 split could work, too. Half to the pot, half to charity.

generic one fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 30, 2021

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Spoeank posted:

I'm reviving something Beer4TheBeerGod used to run, too: cheating for charity. Part of it is you theoretically have unlimited faab but your faab is tied to how much you donate. So you can always buy back in. Also, you can swap players out after they played for faab dollars.

Interesting. My first thought was that people would just blatantly buy a bunch of FAAB, but I guess you gotta kinda weigh the advantage it gives you vs your chances of coming out ahead.

Just curious, how’d that work, both in the draft and for waivers? Also, what were your impressions for how those seasons shook out? Did folks spend a lot for extra FAAB, or did they spend conservatively?

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Spoeank posted:

People sort of self-regulated because there wasn't a lot of incentive to pay to win since if was 100% for charity. It was all for charity so if you wanted to pay to win it wasn't the end of the world for everyone else. There were a handful of bench-to-lineup slot switches each week but it was basically not one person paying to win since we all knew it was for fun and charity.

And I did a bench swap to win in the finals one year. It's lots of fun. 🙂

Didn’t realize it was 100% for charity. That’s loving awesome. Thanks for sharing! :3:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Absolute pro-click. Still wanna know what his draft day roster looked like. Week 8 wasn’t great.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
That’s what I was thinking, too. Also, coulda started with Dak with his QB. Or just a bye week situation (Watson woulda been out week 8).

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Edit: Think I figured it out, it won’t force an auto-pick twice in a row. Mystery solved.

Got a bit of an ethical question here, and also, whether or not I’m imagining things. Sleeper app related.

I’m in a dynasty league (non-goon), and there are three commishes. There have been a few fishy things I’ve noticed, but not really any proof, but I get the idea there may be some communication going on between these three.

The latest involved auto pick firing. We’re on a one hour timer, and a couple of people have ran out of time and auto turned on as expected.

In the screenshot below, you can see this happening for the team in yellow. They ran out of time, auto fired and grabbed Anthony Miller.

The next thing that happens is in green, for one of the three commissioners. They ran out of time, it picked Thaddeus Moss. Now, as I understand how it works is that auto should have stayed on and fired immediately where the pick in red is. It did not.

Finally, the team in yellow who had auto pick grab Miller fires and grabs James Washington.

Is that weird to anyone else? It seems like one of the other commissioners would have had to intervene for the commish at the corner, but didn’t for the team in yellow.

Just looking for a sanity check here, or maybe I’m not understanding how that works in Sleeper.

generic one fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 17, 2021

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

sourdough posted:

I don't know how it's supposed to be, but if it's an hour per pick, why would the team's second pick be autodrafted for them immediately? They timed out on the Moss pick but got their next one in before another hour had elapsed

Auto pick stays on once it fires, unless you go in and change it before it fires again. That’s how it’s worked so far. So, with team yellow, they didn’t get another hour, it fired immediately on the James Washington pick.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Anyone aware of any players shooting up draft boards in the past day? Its round 27 of this dynasty startup and I've got three people that want to trade with me for 27.4 and I'm wondering who the gently caress is that important to trade for. Marquez Callaway and all the backup Rams RBs are off the board so its like... do you want *looks around* Kawaan Baker because of Michael Thomas's injury?

Folks are reactionary. You got Sleeper? Kawaan Baker is on the rise. I realize you said the Rams RBs are off the board, but are all of them off the board (e.g. Jake Funk)?

Some of it could be FA RBs too, as a result of pure speculation that the Rams may bring in a vet before the season starts if they’re not happy with Hendo. Saw an AD pickup in a dynasty league today, who went undrafted through 29 rounds.

Edit: Also, Royce Freeman pickups are on the rise. I’m assuming that’s because they expect MGIII to be traded, release, or gone after this year, and want the backup for Javonte Williams.

People look for any kind of advantage. If you’re not seeing anything there, get the most value out of that trade that you can?

generic one fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 24, 2021

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Especially because after missing out on Mooney, Noah Gray, and Jacob Harris.

We talking about Darnell Mooney, rookie from last year? Figured he would have gone before this year’s rookie long shots.

Yeah, I dunno, not really sure about Baker. He’s still on waivers in two of my leagues, but that’s who they could be after.

Palmer still available? McKitty? Strachan? You can probably find some other dudes you’d be interested in other than Baker.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Tiptoes posted:

Even better: this is also due to the Rams as Royce Freeman's name keeps getting brought up on podcasts as a probable cut candidate who could go on to join the Rams.

Well, that figures. :lol:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

I haven't had a chance to look at the bylaws (I'll look in the morning) but I'd like to join.

Invite sent!

RCarr posted:

I’ll join as well if there’s still a spot.

We’re waiting on an answer from one other person at the moment, but if we don’t hear back in the AM, you’ve got dibs.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

pmchem posted:

yes. auction >>> snake. one of us, one of us

So say we all.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Fate Accomplice posted:

In 2021 snake draft shaming should be encouraged if not required.

Snake drafters know they’re doing it wrong.

I mean… some of it is also just unfamiliarity with how it works. Casual office leagues, great example. Trying to convince mine that auction is the way to go. Brought up some of the benefits like being able to go after players you want instead of having to just rely on who’s available at their draft spot, how randomized draft spots aren’t really interactive (suggested Kentucky Derby Style as an alternate), and how budgeting for a team is actually a lot of fun. We’ll see how that shakes out.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

freeman posted:

A snake draft won't take up half of your evening either.

If you're going in unprepared it's a lot easier to get accurate guidance from snake rankings vs auction. Most of the auction values are laughably inaccurate compared to what actually happens like some even suggesting CMC will go in the low 60s or Cook in the mid 50s. Snake is just easier if you just want to pick some guys and watch points go up.

I like both formats and end up doing about equal leagues in each.

Fair point. Although it’s not like auction drafts take up days. Two, three hours max.

Snake drafts are a lot easier to prepare for, definitely agree there. The folks over at BeerSheets (lookin at you Drunk Nerds) make auctions pretty easy, though. :3:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

abelwingnut posted:

ok, so just talked to the commissioner. he had the number of flex and superflex switched. so to fix:

1 qb
2 rb
3 wr
1 te
1 wr/rb
1 wr/te
2 wr/rb/te
1 qb/wr/rb/te

that’s way better, but still nuts, no?

That’s still kinda weird. 2 pseudo flexes, one pretty regular flex, and then the superflex. Plus you’ve already got the 3 WR specific spots.

Just seems like it’s over complicating things for the sake of making it “unique” or something. Shoulda just ditched those WR/RB and WR/TE spots and added like one more non-superflex regular flex spot.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Mock drafts are wild, y’all. Been doing some here and there to get prepped for a redraft league that uses snake instead of auction (:argh:) and someone took Kelce at the third spot, someone else took Diggs at the sixth spot, and Reek went at the 7th spot, which meant.. at pick #8, I got Alvin God drat Kamara.

Really falling in love with a strategy in snake to go RB, RB, TE (Waller or Kittle), WR, QB. Then everything else is a few flex/bye week fill-ins and lotto tickets. Leave K and DST till the rounds right before the last one so you don’t get the dregs. Most recent one left me with this roster:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Keith Atherton posted:

Yeah the mocks I smash are usually the ones where I go RB RB cause there’s so much more WR depth. I’m planning on just picking a D in the final round that has a good week 1 matchup and then streaming

Probably going to wait on a TE until double digit rounds if I miss out on the top 3. Every year there’s a surprise stud that pops up you can grab from FA/waivers

If I miss on the top three, I can usually catch Fant or Goedert in the 6th. Which means I just switch out that TE for another WR in the 3rd. Then I maybe pick up Gronk in a late-late round as a CYA.

I was going DST and K in the last round, but there’s still so much value for lotto picks available in the last one, I changed up my strategy a bit. Figure that last spot is gonna get churned anyway, so might as well make it someone who is gonna hit big due to injury or that I won’t care about cutting.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Pats. Skip all Pats.

Edit: And all the SF RBs. gently caress trying to figure out that mess.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Except in Best Ball.

Oh, absolutely. Then get as many as you can in late rounds. :D

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/andrewmackens/status/1429889841433649152?s=21

via The Onion

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Keith Atherton posted:

Lamar’s running ability makes me question that any of those dudes will be worth drafting

:same:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
In a cautionary take for folks with upcoming auction drafts, don’t overly complicate poo poo. It’s good to have a budget strategy, but don’t get scared by high numbers. Here are my drafts from two different leagues (one SA league, one not). The first I was pretty hesitant to spend cash, the second I wasn’t. Guess which one I’m happier with?

Note on the one above: You can tell how much cash I had left over by how much I dropped on Hines. Had that much left, spent it all.

Eerily enough, still got Hines. And Fant. I got a lot of Fant shares across my leagues. Guess he’s my low-cost TE option this year.

I feel like I’ve been taking a few risks each draft to fill out low cost roster spots, especially looking at rookies or dudes that are gonna start out the season on IR like Michael Thomas.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
How do you even find draft grades on Yahoo these days? Are those still just available for snake drafts?

Been relying on the FantasyPros ranking so far.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Keith Atherton posted:

Fantasy Pros and Beersheets are my go-to

Well, yeah, but my question was more geared to the Yahoo grades folks were mentioning. Like, I remember those being a thing, but I’m not even seeing that as an option this year. Maybe they’re hidden behind the new paid service Yahoo is offering? As worthless as they are, I was kind of curious how they’re stacking up against other sites.

Maybe I’m just blind.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Pain of Mind posted:

A few minutes after your yahoo draft finishes it posts an AI generated review of teams with grades on your league page. It is free and automatic.

Finally sorted out why I wasn’t seeing a draft grade. My first three were auctions, got nothing. Did a snake draft this morning, got one.

So, it seems like Yahoo only provides draft grades for snake drafts. Auction drafts don’t get ‘em.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Here's what I'm not doing: picking up Murray, Bell or Devonta Freeman. They all suck.

Murray’s a better RB than anyone the Ravens have on the roster right now (not counting Lamar, obviously).

He’s gonna end up somewhere. If I’ve got someone in a league at the bottom of my roster I was gonna churn anyway, I’m picking him up, just to see what happens. In leagues where I don’t have a churn candidate? Not gonna pick him up.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1436153169621524481?s=21

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
How much FAAB would y’all spend on Latavius Murray in a dynasty league? Some dude dropped him literally the day before the news dropped (so, Wednesday). Benches are already pretty deep in dynasty (16 BN in this particular non-goon league), so it’s not as if this kind of opportunity comes up often.

I’m almost thinking I should go all-in. I’m not contending this year anyway, just picking up future draft picks.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nothing. There's no guarantee he's going to be a bell cow.

I’m not exactly looking for a bellcow, nor am I under any assumption he would be. He’d be someone I can flip to someone else for a future draft pick if the gamble pays off and he has a couple of good weeks.

Thanks for the feedback, y’all. I will take it under consideration.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

pmchem posted:

latavius murray is gonna score 200+ ppr points this season as a Raven

That’s about where I’m at. Guess we’ll all find out in a few weeks.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Murray went for 36% in my only league where he was available (I put in a bid for 26). Feel like that was a bit more reasonable than some of the crazy amounts I’ve seen.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

Imagine having a dead rotting corpse like David Johnson rostered and looking down your nose at Murray. smh

:emptyquote:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Tiptoes posted:

Echoing the Rashod Bateman mentions. He was a 1st round draft pick and the Ravens are going to throw more than they originally planned on doing.

Good call there. Added Bateman straight to an IR spot in a few leagues. He was a big time target in dynasty, but redraft… not so much.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

dkj posted:

Everyone’s going to pick up Mitchell and it’ll be Sermon getting the work next week

SF RBs: Excellent in best ball formats. Non-best ball formats? Pass.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

With the Josh Jacobs being sick or whatever his condition is, would you put Bryan "John Gruden's Ultimate Receiver" Edwards in a flex spot over him?

Do you need a floor or the ceiling? Former, Jacobs, latter, Edwards. I don’t exactly trust the hype quite yet. Still feel like Waller’s gonna be Carr’s favorite target, and Ruggs was getting preseason hype, too.

kiimo posted:

Well Elijah Mitchell might be a pass but I have this Michael Carter on my bench and Elijah Mitchell is available. Now what do you think?

Carter’s got Johnson and Coleman in front of him and didn’t do much of anything. Mitchell’s got Sermon and Hasty for competition and actually did something. Out of those two RBBCs, if I had to pick one, it’d be Mitchell.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

freeman posted:

just lol if you don't carry the entire SF backfield on your roster

:lmao:

I feel like we need to have an intervention.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Giodo! posted:

There's no reason to accept an offer of Javonte Williams for Robert Woods, right? Other RBs are Ekeler, Carson, Swift, and Edmonds. Other WRs are Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Antonio Brown, and Tee Higgins. 3WR 2RB and W/R Flex league. I feel like I'm trading my third or fourth best WR for an RB who probably wouldn't start for a while.

Hell no, not in a 3 WR league.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

freeman posted:

As someone who has him people are definitely trying to buy low lol. I think he starts to turn it around next week and the uncertainty now is why his ADP slipped to ~10 instead of top 5 that he was projected to go a couple months ago.

Agreed on the next week thing. Extended time between games, plus what should be a smash matchup against ATL. You gotta at least hold through that game, see what happens. People selling Barkley after week 1 are not worthy of his greatness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

dkj posted:

Saquon has never played for a good Giants team

Yeah, like, :lmao: The Giants being awful is not a new thing.