Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Is Kelce worth 1.04 in PPR redraft? I'm hoping for Kamara and I'm leery on Barkley and Henry. I assume McCaffrey and Cook will be taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

freeman posted:

Any chance you can trade down a couple spots?

Not sure how trading redraft picks works. Unless you mean getting the commish to swap my position with someone else's.

dkj posted:

It’s a reach for sure. Waller and Kittle typically go around the 2/3 turn, so taking an RB isn’t even giving up a positional advantage in this case unless you for some reason think Henry is going to bust. If that’s the case I’d probably prefer Adams over Kelce if you’re in a league that starts 3 WRs or more than one flex.

That's a great point. It's 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1FLX, so RB is important.

Keith Atherton posted:

Man you’d be swinging for the fences but it could pay off. He carried my team last year

I’m staying far away from Saquon. Elliott and Aaron Jones should be there too. I’m going to get an RB in the first round cause the drop off in the mid second round is steep

Our league winner won in no small part because of Kelce. And late 2nd round, the best I can hope for at RB are CEH, Carson or Montgomery.

Thanks for the input. I'll probably take Henry if the other 3 RBs are taken.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Sep. 5.

I did a mock and got Kamara, CEH and Lamb. I'd share, but it was on ESPN and it was mostly auto drafters.

The Zack fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 13, 2021

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
My hesitation on Henry is his mileage. The more I look, the more it seems that shouldn't be a problem this year. I've never had any shares of him, so he's been off my radar.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

The X-man cometh posted:

I'm in a 2QB league with a TE spot and a W/R/T flex spot. How valuable are TEs there?

I have the choice of keeping Myles Gaskin in the 8th or Hockenson in the 12th. I think I should keep Hockenson but I can't believe that keeping a TE will pay off.

Hock is a high end TE and easily worth a 12th round pick. Gaskin is looking more and more like he's going to be in a committee with Malcolm Brown. Go with Hock.

I wouldn't go out of my way to find another TE to use as a flex. Stock up on RBs and WRs for that.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Yeah, hell of a good time

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Yes, absolutely

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
With Kamara, I think there's an element of 'nowhere to go but down' as well. I'm hoping he falls to 4 in my redraft

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Is Zack Moss droppable (PPR redraft)? I'm looking at picking up Gainwell, Roundtree or Michael Carter

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
The classic stoppable force vs. the movable object. I don't think Tennessee will fare much better vs the Jets.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

dxt posted:

picked them up in another league :negative:

Other options aren't looking much better.

WFT v Atl
KC @ Phi
Min v Cle
Mia v Ind

Even though they've been underachieving, I like Washington here. ATL might be just what they need to get right.

Tennessee is not a bad play. I just don't expect a top 5 performance from them.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I can't believe I had reservations about drafting Derrick Henry at 1.04

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Friends redraft
Much like the Kansas City Chiefs, my defending runners up have a loaded team but have faced some tough competition and am at a disappointing 2-3

Goon Dynasty
Much like the Tampa Bay Bucs, my defending champs have picked up where they left off and are 4-1 (as long as DeForest Buckner and Darius Leonard don't outscore Michael Pittman by more than 20)

Cause I'm a sicko, I joined a 32 team dynasty league over the summer. 1-4, not doing great against 31 of the kind of people who would join a 32 team league in June

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Quote is not edit

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Darren Waller was downgraded to Questionable yesterday and he's going to be a game time decision. It's a late afternoon game so all you Wallheads need a backup plan.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Floofy posted:

I’m going to wait until the dreaded ‘O’ shows up next to his name before I have drop Bateman to pick up OJ Howard (Q as well) or Mo Allie Cox.

Good choices, but consider Foster Moreau as well

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Yeah you can drop Hilton

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Ingram got traded back to NO. Is David Johnson worth picking up over Darrell Williams (KC)? 1 PPR

Williams was only temporary anyway.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

dxt posted:

My Henry/CEH/Carson/DJ Moore team sure isn't looking as great as it was a few weeks ago!

Henry/JRob/DJ Moore/Diontae Johnson here. Couldn't capitalize on having the highest PF, and now I'm facing 4-4.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Who is the FA pickup, Peterson or McNichols? 1PPR if it matters.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I drafted Sutton and picked up Jeudy last week. Traded Sutton to the Ridley manager for Michael Carter (I had Henry). Slight over pay, but worth it to avoid those headaches.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Most PF by about 100, middle of the pack PA

5-4

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I'm feeling Philadelphia Eagles Dream Team vibes with the Rams

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Need Stafford to go off, but somehow without throwing to Kupp

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Cat Hassler posted:

Ugh I’m considering starting Stevenson over Rashod Bateman and Manny Sanders in my flex spot

I’m 4-6 so I guess YOLO but am I a crazy person for doing this?

Please don't start Thursday night players in your flex spot.

E: By all means, start Stevenson if you want, just plug him into a RB spot

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

sourdough posted:

Yeah but usually when people say "starting as my RB1" or "flex" or whatever, they mean as an indication of that option's quality relative to their team, not the literal slot they're filling. Like, Darrell Henderson was my RB1 last week, but he was in my flex spot.

e: I know that post said literally "in my flex spot" lol, but just more generally, "not sure whether to flex x or y" doesn't mean literally putting them in your flex spot

Just wanted to be clear.

I'm the same way. I'm 'flexing' Damien Harris tonight, and James Robinson is in my actual Flex spot.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I need an emergency RB, do I pick up Gallman and play him tonight considering he got all the work last week after Patterson went down? Patterson has been ruled out.
Other options are AP (lol), Jamaal Williams, Eno Benjamin, Semaje Perine, or David Johnson...

edit: actually I picked up AP because the Titans are against the woeful Texans so he might get a lot of salt-the-clock runs but since Kamara might sit this week too the question still stands, sigh.

AP should be a good play because I just dropped him

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Pouring one out for all the people who had to play against Jonathan Taylor this week.

:sadwave:

Also, Buffalo's D and K got me a combined minus-5 today

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

van fem posted:

I was using Buffalo's K to hedge against bad weeks from Allen. That strategy worked right up until today, where it failed spectacularly.

pmchem posted:

The QB/K handcuff! Over a decade ago, I ran the numbers, and there is a very slight negative correlation between the two. You were doing it right.

Huh, I never heard of that strategy.

I just kind of wound up with the same team's D and K and they were both doing great. Lost by 8 points, so if they had both scored a mere 2 points, I would have won.

Fentry posted:

Herbert throwing that game winning TD to Mike Williams somehow put me ahead of the person playing Taylor this week, by a whole .14 points. Then the kneeldowns to end the game happened.

My bad luck this year has been loving absurd, this is the fifth time I have put up a top 3 score in the league and lost. I'm second in points for and dead last in the standings and have the most points against by nearly 200.

At least your opponent has good taste :miedo:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Made playoffs: goon dynasty (2nd overall, decent shot at repeating as champ)

Missed playoffs: home redraft (1st team out, 2nd most PF), twitter dynasty startup (1st team out), twitter best ball (2nd team out)

Frustrating year

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Watching my teams that just missed the playoffs outscore most playoff teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Open her up