Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Spermy Smurf posted:

Is there a "league has an opening" thread anywhere or is this the place?

6ish year old IDP dynasty league has an opening coming up. Has 1.13 and 1.08 and a pretty drat good team.

Team is Brick Squad:
https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=79286&O=07&F=0010

I will edit a bookmark in here for the forum thread. It's got loads of rules that all come down to not being a dick. Just us patching ways that we found could create fuckery.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832&pagenumber=141&perpage=40

I’ve only played redraft but I’d be interested!

I know nothing about dynasty so I might suck while I figure it out but I wouldn’t flake out

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I am really hesitant to draft any Lions or Jets players anywhere near their ADP. Or Texans

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

Is Jonathan Taylor really ranked 1.04 this year? That seems ridiculous.

Edit: He was ranked 1.04 in a yahoo mock draft today.

Yeah I don’t get it. I’m steering clear of him in the first round

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Doing mock drafts and man week 7 is going to suck for byes:

Bills, Cowboys, Jaguars, Chargers, Vikings, Steelers

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Alfalfa posted:

What do you guys have for keeper rules?

My 12 year old league is looking to redo our keeper rules (because they suck), so looking for suggestions.

The rule in my league is you can have one keeper - anyone drafted after the fourth round that you kept all year on your roster can be your keeper at the cost of bumping up one round

So if I drafted a dude in the fifth round last year and kept him all year I could use my fourth round pick this year to keep him

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 1, 2021

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

What happened with Najee Harris?

Also, seconding taking Chase over Harris.

Harris might be a vaccine refuser

I’m having a hard time trusting anyone on the Bengals at their ADP because Bengals

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

The Zack posted:

Is Kelce worth 1.04 in PPR redraft? I'm hoping for Kamara and I'm leery on Barkley and Henry. I assume McCaffrey and Cook will be taken.

Man you’d be swinging for the fences but it could pay off. He carried my team last year

I’m staying far away from Saquon. Elliott and Aaron Jones should be there too. I’m going to get an RB in the first round cause the drop off in the mid second round is steep

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My redraft league is over ten years old and everyone is very set in their ways. So snake draft, no waiver claim ordering system etc.

Was a major deal to add keepers and change from standard to .5 PPR a few years ago. Wish we would switch to auction but that’s not going to happen

Edit: and we do the draft in person at our bar so it would probably turn into a shitshow after a couple hours

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

Never draft a New England back

Never again

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

This is like the first draft I’ve ever done where I didn’t feel great about my team.

QB- Mahomes
RB- Chubb
RB- Gibson
WR- McLaurin
WR-DJ Moore
WR- Golladay
TE- Fant
Flex- Swift
B- Jeudy
B- Jamarr Chase
B- David Johnson
B- Brandon Cooks
B- Devin Singletary
B- Tony Pollard
D/ST- Rams
K- Succop

I kept Gibson and Swift in the 14th and 8th respectively.

I feel like I should have went harder on top WRs instead of Mahomes early, and after my top 3 rbs my depth is trash.

Looks fine to me! Your RBs aren’t real great receiving backs (don’t know if it’s a PPR league) but I’m a Moore and Jeudy believer. Cooks is the only Texan I’d consider drafting and I’m not sure Golladay’s new pastures are that much greener with all the targets on the Giants

My longtime redraft league’s commish just quit with no warning so we have to nominate a new commissioner and a find a new addition. It’s getting contentious

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

10 team, standard scoring. I have pick 7.

If Kelce falls to me, what RBs would I take ahead of him? Obviously changes my team structure a good deal if I go Kelce round 1, but it's drat tempting if he's there. Think Chubb/Jones is about the line below which Kelce would make sense.

I’d take Chubb in standard scoring at 7. I wouldn’t think Kelce would still be available in round 2 for you but I wouldn’t blame you for grabbing Kelce in the first. But it puts you in a hole in terms of your RB strength cause the studs will all be gone by your second round pick

Maybe I’m not understanding your question though

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

generic one posted:

Mock drafts are wild, y’all. Been doing some here and there to get prepped for a redraft league that uses snake instead of auction (:argh:) and someone took Kelce at the third spot, someone else took Diggs at the sixth spot, and Reek went at the 7th spot, which meant.. at pick #8, I got Alvin God drat Kamara.

Really falling in love with a strategy in snake to go RB, RB, TE (Waller or Kittle), WR, QB. Then everything else is a few flex/bye week fill-ins and lotto tickets. Leave K and DST till the rounds right before the last one so you don’t get the dregs. Most recent one left me with this roster:

Yeah the mocks I smash are usually the ones where I go RB RB cause there’s so much more WR depth. I’m planning on just picking a D in the final round that has a good week 1 matchup and then streaming

Probably going to wait on a TE until double digit rounds if I miss out on the top 3. Every year there’s a surprise stud that pops up you can grab from FA/waivers

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Levin posted:

Other than Jags and Texans, are there other teams people are steering clear of or treading more lightly when considering players?

Lions and to a lesser extent Broncos, Giants, Bengals because of QB and Oline concerns

Edit: leery of Ravens and Vikings players because their dumbass unvaccinated QB might get COVID

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Just preseason but Jags looks awful

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

So glad I drafted both TLaw and Etienne in one league!

So glad my money league doesn’t draft until September 7

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m going to let someone else gamble on Pitts in my league. I just don’t see how he’s worth where he’s going. You’re basically expecting a rookie tight end to not only learn how to play in the NFL and succeed but also perform at like Mark Andrews’ level. And unless he turns into Kelce 2.0 the difference in fantasy points you’re getting isn’t going to be that much more than a dude you can pick up three or four rounds later

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'd still expect about a 1k season. Somebody has to catch passes.

That’s pretty much his ceiling if things go well but since it’s the Texans things aren’t likely to go well

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The question for those of us in redraft leagues with people who arent stupid enough to drop Gus Edwards, is how much do we blow on Justice Hill? Or if there is a different Ravens backup RB that might be worth picking up.

Lamar’s running ability makes me question that any of those dudes will be worth drafting

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Sataere posted:

Only if you're wrong. I'm taking Hock regularly in the 4th regularly or 5th regularly with no regrets. I think Hock is gonna end up improving on last year and that's his price.

Man the dude is super talented but the Lions have a downgrade at QB and are dire in general

Im just steering clear of TEs after Kelce Waller and Kittle until double digit rounds

I am by no means a fantasy genius tho

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

surf rock posted:

Oof, I really felt like this draft got away from me. 10-team PPR redraft league:

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Clyde Edwards-Helaire
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Brandon Aiyuk, JuJu Smith-Schuster
TE: Mike Gesicki
Flex: D'Andre Swift
Superflex: Ryan Tannehill
K: Jason Sanders
D/ST: Baltimore

Bench: Tua Tagovailoa, Gus Edwards, Michael Carter, Brandin Cooks, Curtis Samuel, Jonnu Smith, Evan Engram

I ended up drafting three TEs in the hopes that one of them has a good season and is worth starting. I don't know; this was one of those drafts where the person I wanted was always taken a pick or two ahead of me.

All my grand strategies always go out the window when the draft actually happens

I like your team. I agree with Coronaball that Engram shouldn’t be rostered

Considering it’s a PPR league I’d try to shore up your WRs. I don’t trust Schuster to be a stud competing with Diontae Johnson and Claypool and Ben might be washed

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Where do y'all stand on the Chark/Shenault winner?

Shenault

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

VietCampo posted:

Isn't Penny hurt even more frequently than Carson?

He only played a couple of games last year

There are people who are high on him this year but he hasn’t demonstrated any reason for it other than he isn’t broken and Carson isn’t durable. There isn’t a clear cut RB2 on the team

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Gearman posted:

Help me, a dumb idiot, make my next pick in my slow draft, with one pick ahead of me.

12-team, Superflex, 1PPR, 2RB, 3WR (+1PPR for TE)

These are the guys on the board:
QBs: Tannehill, Matt Ryan, Kirk Cousins, Carr, Mayfield, Tua
RBs: Sanders, Edwards, Gaskin, Edmonds, Hunt, Henderson
WRs: Woods, Lockett, Kupp, Moore, Jones, Thielen

My Current team
QB: Lamar Jackson
SQB:
RB: CEH
RB:
WR: AJ Brown
WR:
WR:
TE: Kelce
FLX:
FLX:

Two teams ahead of me only have one RB, but at this point I'm leaning towards taking one of Woods or Lockett, getting my RB2 on the next turn, and then hunting for an upside Superflex QB.

I like Edwards (I’m assuming this is Gus) here just because stud RBs are going to be tough to land as the draft goes on

But Woods or Lockett would be good too

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

kiimo posted:

I convinced everyone to draft Darwin Thompson so

I bought into that

I remember Spencer Ware and Charcandrick West hype too.

I just looked up and this is only Kareem Hunt’s fifth season :psyduck:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

LionYeti posted:

Can anyone rate my draft?

Was 7th in a snake draft so went for chubb and zeke 1 and 2 I'm really worried about my recievers. ESPN 1pt PPR league

You smashed it with RBs

Are there any rookie QBs that you can pick up? I don’t think Daniel Jones is worth rostering

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Leperflesh posted:

Darwin Thompson has been picked up by the Bucs and signed to their practice squad. There's still hope.

I’m rooting for him

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My only money league did the draft order last night and it involved rolling dice from a NASCAR dice game we play at the bar even though only 6 of the 12 were at the bar

I got 7th which is pretty much the worst spot

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

thalweg posted:

I had 6th pick in a 12 team 0.5 ppr superflex and this is what i ended up with. I don't like picking in the middle and every time it was my turn i didn't like any of the "top" options available to me, and it just got worse the longer the draft went on. oh well

Round Pick Player Position
1. (6) Alvin Kamara RB
2. (19) Aaron Rodgers QB
3. (30) DeAndre Hopkins WR
4. (43) James Robinson RB
5. (54) Joe Burrow QB
6. (67) Julio Jones WR
7. (78) Trey Sermon RB
8. (91) Tyler Boyd WR
9. (102) Courtland Sutton WR
10. (115) Sam Darnold QB
11. (126) Gerald Everett TE (i don't know what i was thinking here)
12. (139) Leonard Fournette RB
13. (150) Alexander Mattison RB
14. (163) Ty'Son Williams RB
15. (174) Rondale Moore WR

Looks good to me!

I think Everett is a good pick. I mean he’s most likely the guy getting the most targets after Metcalf and Lockett

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

generic one posted:

How do you even find draft grades on Yahoo these days? Are those still just available for snake drafts?

Been relying on the FantasyPros ranking so far.

Fantasy Pros and Beersheets are my go-to

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Keeper advice please

I can keep Kyler Murray at the cost of my 5th round pick and/or Diontae Johnson at the cost of my 9th round pick. Should I do either or neither?

12 team .5 PPR redraft league 1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 FLEX (RB WR TE)

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Not feeling great about my draft I just finished

1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 FLX (WR RB TE)

QB Rodgers

RB Elliott, Montgomery, Hines

WR Hopkins, Jerry Jeudy, Robby Anderson, Corey Davis, Jakobi Meyers, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney

TE Austin Hooper

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

kiimo posted:

Started reading the players before I read "6 team" almost had a heart attack

Holy poo poo same

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
For something different.., Drafted in a 6 team IDP league tonight ($20 buy in)

Roster is

1 QB/RB/WR/TE
1 K
3 LB
2 Defensive backs
2 Defensive linemen

And a six spot bench

Ended up with

I am woefully ignorant about defensive players in the league so hopefully I’ll learn things

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shirts and skins posted:

Second money draft down, full PPR, 12 team league, 4 player bench. Feeling all right about it, but those 12 team drafts feel so sparse.

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Austin Ekeler
RB: Chris Carson
WR: Stefan Diggs
WR: Tyler Lockett
TE: Kyle Pitts
FLEX: Miles Gaskin
D/ST: Rams
K: Matt Gay
BE: Deebo Samuel
BE: Jakobi Meyers
BE: Nyheim Hines
BE: Darnell Mooney

Hey a fellow Gay, Meyers, Hines, and Mooney owner!

Looks good. I avoid getting Seahawks because every time I do they immediately get injured

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mikey Purp posted:

2qb league, 6 pt passing tds, 1 ppr. I feel like I really cocked this up. How bad is it goons?

QBs: Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff
RBs: CEH, Gus Edwards, Josh Jacobs, James Conner, TySon Williams
WRs: Justin Jefferson, Juju, Golladay, Rondale Moore
TE: Kelce

Hard to say not knowing the number of teams in your league

I wouldn’t want Jacobs or Conner on my team except for on the bench

Juju worries me as Roethlisberger might be done and he’s got Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool to compete with for catches. Golladay is already hurt and his QB is awful

I love Rondale Moore’s potential and Ty’son Williams too

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yeah that backfield is a big ?

Tevin Coleman is the presumed #1
Ty Johnson
Michael Carter
?

RBs are scarce but week 1 is too early to jump into a committee like that on a bad team

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

is the bucs defense supposed to be good again? i have to choose between Tom or Dak in nineteen minutes

Yes they had no turnover from last year

I’d start Brady

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

SeaborneClink posted:

last year i cribbed some super helpful excel sheets for drafting in my dynasty $200 faab league, i can't seem to find the website i got them from (maybe it was this thread?)

Anyone have the juice for this year and mind sharing? I've already drafted for my non-keeper non-money leagues and this is the only one i really care about as i've finished 2nd, won, 2nd the last 3 years.

Beersheets? You can find them on footballabsurdity.com

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Sweet being an Elliott owner tonight

the Cowboys aren’t going to run the ball and my opponent has Dak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Thank you