Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.

World War Mammories posted:

:goonsay: pretty sure there are several, somebody correct me otherwise, I haven't seen some of the permutations myself:

- visual calculus check on klaasje's replaced broken window to get the island/B''' as a potential location for the shooter

so far as I know, every other check in the game you can beef or ignore, and these are the only ones that must be passed to see the end credits

Can't even fail that one at the endgame, the game just takes pity on you and forces it through:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

goblin week posted:

pyrrholidon!

Whoops.

I need to put more skill points into electrochemistry.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWoEuM14dXY

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Disco Stranding

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://twitter.com/danielcalmdown0/status/1756285072750039542?s=61&t=-vp9P7i8Kl2W3uKiLPEWrA

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://youtu.be/OkXG9cyZlpo?si=kwH1Qmj-s0n-w1DY

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Sankara posted:

You can win "One More Door" if you reload enough. Just keep trying.

I did this, it was absolutely worth it. It was not worth it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

is this a DE reference in my Honkai Star Rail?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

frajaq posted:

is this a DE reference in my Honkai Star Rail?

The bit I've played of it did actually give me pretty strong DE vibes throughout, that bit in the hotel where you can climb in the closet and wait for *something* to happen felt like it could be straight out of the game

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

UK folk, Sea Power which composted/adapted most of the songs for the soundtrack are currently on tour:

They're fantastic live - I saw them a few nights ago and it was a high energy show (albeit full of greying hipsters). They played a few of the DE songs at the end of the show, including Whirling-in-Rags/Fire Escape in the Sea and Instrument of Surrender.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

AfricanBootyShine posted:

UK folk, Sea Power which composted/adapted most of the songs for the soundtrack are currently on tour:

They're fantastic live - I saw them a few nights ago and it was a high energy show (albeit full of greying hipsters). They played a few of the DE songs at the end of the show, including Whirling-in-Rags/Fire Escape in the Sea and Instrument of Surrender.

Contemplating the Bristol date hard but I'm doing Too Much poo poo already I think

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/stillindigo/status/1756801669789286628?t=0HwwIWkVqUGBI3XctpLgDQ&s=19

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Jake Wysocki should play Harry in the live action version of DE. He could definitely pull off The Expression.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jacob Wysocki would be good, but a bit young. I'd prefer to see someone in their fifties who looks absolutely wrecked. I also feel like English rather than American, but maybe that's just me. Otherwise I would say Willem Dafoe would be incredible to see.

Fancasts can be weird, especially Kim. There a bunch of asian actors who would be great, but people on reddit sometimes just name whatever Asian actor they last saw. I saw someone saying Daniel Dae Kim and he does have the calm, confident vibe, but he would be terrible physically unless he lost a ton of weight and jaw and height.

James Kyson could pull it off I reckon.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Key Huy Quan casting off decades of work in juvie, playing it deadly serious

(OK I just saw him in loki)

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Chubby Henparty posted:

Key Huy Quan casting off decades of work in juvie, playing it deadly serious

(OK I just saw him in loki)

Is that Oroborus? If so, he’d be perfect. He was great in Everything Everywhere All At Once.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It's an expression of pain

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Tom Davis' character in Murder in Successville is Harry both in look and in character.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

sebzilla posted:

It's an expression of pain

Looks more like he wants to tell me all about the Wompty Dompty Dom Center.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Anyone who's seen the Venture Bros finale movie, Hank has his own Disco Elysium vision quest. I think The Bat is his Half-Light.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Looks like things aren't going well at ZA/UM
https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1758181170096062893

Hopefully Kurvitz and team can get their hands back on the IP.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Are you saying Collage Mode didn't drive HYPE and ENGAGEMENT for continued milking of the stolen and butchered cow?

e;
Mega-Rich Light Bending Guy won't be happy with this development.

Sumerian Telecom
Aug 27, 2022

Hahahhaha eat poo poo Ilmar Kompus

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm honestly surprised they haven't just shoved something out the door to get any cash they can possibly get before they finish running the company into the ground.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I assume this is just cashing in with some kind of embezzlement rather than legitimately going out of business.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Rest in piss. I don't really like posting negative poo poo like this, but the people who stayed on at zaum and tweeted through it against kurvitz et al had such a dumb rear end "surely this tiger won't eat MY face" attitude about everything that it's a bit grimly satisfying to see the tiger go to town

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'm relieved that the baleful eye of capital has turned away from Disco Elysium and allowed us to enjoy this weird game without whatever horrible cash-in descendents the market would robotically produce from loving its corpse

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

No Mods No Masters posted:

Rest in piss. I don't really like posting negative poo poo like this, but the people who stayed on at zaum and tweeted through it against kurvitz et al had such a dumb rear end "surely this tiger won't eat MY face" attitude about everything that it's a bit grimly satisfying to see the tiger go to town

Ya gently caress the people who made the game i loved!!!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Fuligin posted:

Ya gently caress the people who made the game i loved!!!

I get the quandry they were put in, it loving sucks that they were put in it (obviously), but having been put in it I feel like siding with the financial criminal guy had 0 chance of working out

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 16, 2024

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
But what about spiting workers who have no real control of anything but trying to stay employed? It's not okay to want to survive under capitalism utilizing capitalist avenues like being employed!

Against the wall with them all.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 16, 2024

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

the one new employee who went hard on making GBS threads on kurvitz on twitter in defense of kompus-helmed za/um seems to have completely deleted their web presence though I did find this

be well.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hes right. peace

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

we all should have definitely moved on from arkane a long time ago

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Disappointing between this and the Night in the Woods sequel won't be coming out. At least it's a lesson of learning to really appreciate what we got.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Disappointing between this and the Night in the Woods sequel won't be coming out. At least it's a lesson of learning to really appreciate what we got.

People mocked valve for years for not being able to count to three but modern games can't count to two! Sad!

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I'm sort of sad we never got a Disco Elysium in game sex scene involving all 24 skills I think it would've been a marvel

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

General Battuta posted:

I'm sort of sad we never got a Disco Elysium in game sex scene involving all 24 skills I think it would've been a marvel

I am certain that this is all we need:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"you are obligated to continue supporting the studio after it was couped by human personifications of greed because otherwise the workers they're holding hostage might not get a few of the crumbs" always seemed rather short-sighted to me

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

EorayMel posted:

I am certain that this is all we need:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

literally murder all human beings regardless of their political beliefs