Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Haven't gotten too deep, letting everyone talk instead of reading everything myself is obviously making a playthru take longer. But I found a new thing! There's a communist magazine in the union's gate office area, that part with the magnetic door. Has some interesting worldbuilding in it. It's on the couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I did some experiments with the various solutions floating around on how to fix the "Recording the hole in the world with Soona" bug. Switching the voicework to "Classic" worked most consistently, you don't have to do anything else.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Good lord the communism vision quest is funny. And unsurprisingly, a beautifully hopeful ending.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

High Interfacing is fun, your fingers are real horny for touching things. High Composure is great, because there are a lot of interesting usually nearly impossible to see red check scenes. High Reaction Speed gives you a lot of lines that otherwise wouldn't be there. High Perception is a super useful in a zillion different ways. The only kinda dud is Hand/Eye Coordination, which barely pops up. Has a few key moments though, like shooting down the corpse and getting everyone's favourite Ace's High/Low thoughts.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

the most difficult achievement I've ever gotten in any game is the one to bottom out kim's opinion of you

Only 1.5% of people have gotten that achievement.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Somfin posted:

The fact that it's one of the early checks that is extremely fail forward, and also considering who Klaasje is and what she's been doing, I'm not convinced that passing it would be anything more than just, y'know, a hungover dude semi-competently hitting on a lady on a mezzanine, which she's probably excruciatingly used to.

If you pass the "make up a new name" conceptualization check all you get is "eh, now's not the time."

Your reward for passing that check is you do the "Talk to Klaasje about Sunday night without Kim around" quest right then and there.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Fast travel only works when:

You're standing in the Whirling-in-Rags plaza
You're standing next to the washing woman in the village
You're standing in front of the door to the church, but not up close to it

You activate it by pressing the "travel here" buttons on the map in your journal, which you have to get from the bookstore.

I really wish they had a fast travel option to Evrart, he has a pretty big open space right before you walk into his container! It'd be perfect.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I also like that Volition has a different twang to its lines. The voice actor either takes away some of the gravel from his voice, or there's some audio engineering going on. Really makes it stand out.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I tried getting the money generating thought as early as possible, but I never came close to being able to afford that street light in the pawn shop. You'd have to cheat it somehow, I assume. I wonder what happens?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

e-dt posted:

I always thought that referred to the new isolas discovered under Dolores. After the old world, you come to the pale; after the pale, you come to the new world - the world again.

I also interpreted it this way, but who knows? With how hopeful this game is, I certainly find it hard to believe it's all doomed to vanish...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Half-Light lets you intimidate the racist lorry driver into helping you with the case, and Suggestion has plenty of great moments!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Seems like getting stuck on the fascist vision quest is a common problem. Rather fitting, I'd say!

(I can't help, as I am unable to bring myself to roleplay as a fascist)

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm surprised how few people have done a Hardcore run, to be honest. It starts off hard but relatively quickly you are absolutely rolling in points, especially if you go Art Cop.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Conceptualization [Legendary] Fail: My name is... Mr. Sanderz.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

•Has Kim always been this hot?

yes

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

SexyBlindfold posted:

Gary's the lucky racist that grants you three wishes so he can't be F tier. Sunday Friend is the only F tier.

That bit comes entirely from Kim, though. Not Gary. Gary gets F tier because he's a fascist dog and also because he lowers my opinion of the crypto-zoologists.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The Jamrock Shuffle demands of Harry to loot every bin in sight. What is Gary if not a trash bin?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's also missing the communist book club! Those two are great.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Animal-Mother posted:

Don't say that he's hypocritical
Say that he's... apolitical
The body went up
How does it get down?
"That's our department"
Says this binoclard clown

Very good.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The people of the fishing village can live in the new buildings and enjoy the youth center.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

christmas boots posted:

It's interesting because of all the fascist characters it feels like it's only Measurehead the game loves (and even then only a little bit)

Measurehead is the natural end result of fascist beliefs (or, at least, what they claim to believe), the PINNACLE as he likes to say, and he's still a completely absurd buffoon. I'm sure he was a delight to write.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Pattonesque posted:

ELECTROCHEMISTRY (Easy Success): Not enough

Electrochemistry Vision Question: In Order To Save The World, I Must Do Every Drug In The World

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

christmas boots posted:

The game only needed a fast travel point to and from Evrart imo

Baffling that isn't a thing.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Genuinely very disheartening news. I'm in a bad mood now. drat.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

christmas boots posted:

*over the next few years a series of small patches remove the option for Harry to be a communist and the subplot about Evrart's drug trade is replaced with an illegal puppy fight ring*

Don't speak such things into the world.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Definitely way more interesting to talk to also. Someone with a helluva lot of self respect as opposed to someone just plain unpleasant.

Still laughing at the sniper saying he can walk around town and everyone assumes he's just another antisocial bum. My dude, that's cause it's s exactly what you are.

He means the government isn't actively looking for communists anymore.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Robert isn't quite a Virgo. Almost, though!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Disco Elysium's ending is one of the most beautiful emotional things I've ever experienced. If you didn't like it, I'm not sure what another playthru would do.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Bedshaped posted:

Things that jump to mind that I feel might have not led me to the best outcome

- not helping Evrart
- not helping Joyce
- not finding my gun
- not finishing the church or bringing the filament memory from the ice maker
- not figuring something about the Dolores Dei window
- not understanding the origin of the *Expression*
- everyone except Gene and Alain died during the merc tribunal loving tie
- not figuring out who the scab leader was
- not finishing the raver quest or getting Acele to open up
- how do I talk to egghead
- not finding out Lely's real name

See, while those are all interesting things to do, it's not gonna change the ending at all.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

"meme emotions" is one of the most unhinged things i've read

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Egghead is an undiscovered Innocence, I like that one.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

You can win "One More Door" if you reload enough. Just keep trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

all cops are bastards