Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Epic High Five posted:

There was a long and excellent post earlier in this thread about portraits and ideologies if someone could find it and re-post it here, but yeah generally speaking you can tell the nature of a character by how they're portrayed there

I was wondering if each NPC in the game exemplified one of the skills. Couldn't put it all together in my head though. Not even sure if the numbers add up, must be more than 24 characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Samovar posted:

You better get those 'chops grown out, sonny.

Unless you go cleanshaven, Expressionless Harry.

The saddest, sorriest cop.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Rent: 20 real
Nosaphed: 0.90 real
Books and novelty sunglasses: 150 real
Potent Pilsner: 3 real

Someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. My cop is dying.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

you ever tried to catch a bus and arrive at the stop just as it’s pulling away, and you run after it until your breath is ragged in your throat, senselessly believing you can keep up with it until the next stop, until your legs give out and you just watch it drive further and further away

pathologic 2 makes you feel like that all the time

I've done that but actually caught the bus, while carrying a small child.

Tbf there was a lot of traffic.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

nurmie posted:

7 dead is not too bad, actually (especially if it includes all three mercs) - iirc the absolute best outcome is 6 dead total (3 mercs + 3 hardie boys). you can have less total deaths than that, but it involves leaving mercs alive and sacrificing hardie boys instead, so idk if that can count as a good outcome tbh

Wait, what? I don't think I've ever not killed all three mercs

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

General Battuta posted:

Send me your goon force, I am going to try to put together a thingaling and apply for the writer job.

I thought the closing date was a while back. Did they re-advertise?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Poor old Trant, getting stiffed like that.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

Trant might not stand in the way of a revolution but the dude isn't gonna be grinding up the bourgeoisie and feeding them to the pigs anytime soon

Yeah but he'd tell you all sorts of interesting facts about the history of Mazovian socio-economics, pig domestication, and the manufacturer of the grinder you're using.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

YggiDee posted:

Is it possible to do delay getting down the body until day 4 and shoot it down with your own gun?

It's possible to not do it at all I think, not sure about the second part of your question though.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Nearly as tragic as Moralist Egghead

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The Jacob Irw theory is so convincing though

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The crab man is chill af, one of the best bros in the game

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Naylenas posted:

Oh and obviously I can win her back right? Right?!

Rhetoric: Of course you can, relationships are just a matter of saying exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Red Crown posted:

I haven't been able to sleep since thinking of this so here you go

Now all I can see is Kim with the Triforce of Wisdom, Evrart with the Triforce of Power and Harry with the Triforce of Courage.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

bop bop perano posted:

I made a tier list of my fav characters

I made this like months ago, and I’d put Bird’s Nest Roy and a few others in higher spots

You can make ur own here https://tiermaker.com/create/disco-elysium-all-characters-765410

Andre, Tommy and the police radio guy whose name I can't remember right now done extremely dirty here imo

e: Jules

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

F for "Friend"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Gary gets the anal beads dialogue though.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Organic Lube User posted:

I forgot which was the last trap I checked for the phasmid. If I just go for a random trap and do the thing, will I know immediately if I had the right one? I just wanna savescum it if I can.

It'll only let you do the thing in the correct trap. No savescumming required (ever, but particularly here)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

He's a union man who protects his friends and doesn't like talking to cops.

What's not to enjoy?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Eason the Fifth posted:

Joyce Did Nothing Wrong

Dios Mio!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Too lazy to spin through a game and check, but is the lost badge/gun call different if you wait until Day 3 to do it (since not everyone is at the station?)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

christmas boots posted:

I wonder what happens if you don't radio in until you've found your badge and your fun.

I imagine you just can't report them missing.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The best bit about Measurehead is him admitting that he's only ever heard about the Semenese Islands on the radio.

Ok maybe not the best, but it is a highlight.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Heath posted:

Probably worth noting that the Racist Lorry Driver, in spite of being one of the first characters you can interact with and who has a pretty substantial amount of dialog, is never given a proper name, because he's devoid of anything other than being a racist piece of poo poo, and a lorry driver

Hey, he's not *just* a racist. He's read books!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Heath posted:

I begged every single NPC for money whenever the opportunity came up, including him, and I ended up with a lot of money by the end

Did you buy the streetlight?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Been writing some new songs with my buddy for the first time in a few years. Turns out the secret to easy lyric writing is to just lift quotes from your favourite video game where they've already been written by someone more talented.

Anyway stay tuned for our forthcoming EP "ice cop hat gently caress show"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Jimmy Noskill posted:

To go back to Klassje-chat for a moment…

I just finished my first play through and I arrested Klaasje under the belief that she was the Krenel radio operator. My reasoning…

1. Joyce mentions that one of the Krenel mercs is a woman, a radio operator, and is watching the area from an elevated position.
2. Klaasje is on the roof of a building next to a fancy radio antenna.
3. Klaasje clearly had no issues with the victim’s violent past and psychopathic tendencies, even saying that if she were a man she would be the same way.
4. She lied about pretty much everything.

It seemed obvious to me that she was one of the mercs and I thought the showdown would go easier with her out of the picture. Oops.

That's actually quite a compelling theory, especially as she arrived in Martinaise at roughly the same time as the mercs (I think? Not certain on the timeline here.) Her proximity to Titus would have also been pretty useful to Wild Pines/Krenel if she was on their books.

But isn't the radio operator merc the one who shows up for the tribunal (De Paule?) And if Klaasje worked with them, surely they'd have accepted the story about it not being a hanging (unless they wanted to use it as a pretext for escalating the conflict.) I suppose by then you'd already made the arrest and it was too late. Oops indeed.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

This system existed as a tabletop thing before DE was made, right? Makes me wonder how the skills work for people who aren't cops. Esprit de Corps in particular feels very cop-specific, although I suppose all sorts of people have various groups that they're part of. It's definitely possible to see which characters run particularly high or low in certain skills.

Also, if some of the side characters (the iconic duo of Torson and McClaine maybe) were the developers' characters. Maybe some of the referenced cases too.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

It's your capacity to form weird post-hardcore-prog bands.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Today I learned you can remix Eggheads song. Truly this game has everything

The mega-questline around the church and the club and Fortress Accident and the Doomed Commercial Area and the 2mm hole in reality and the mysteries of the Spinal Cord and the Shivers/Revacholiere moment is probably my favourite part of the game. Just absolutely transcendent stuff.

Like, the phasmid is cool and all, but the stuff leading up to it with Morel's traps is just a lot of busy work. The church stuff is gold from start to finish.

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 7, 2022

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

EorayMel posted:

That is why I throw away the ham sandwich (preferably in Gaston's face)

And also the topping pie (preferably in Gary's face)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

What's your favourite voice acting in the game, other than Kim?

I'm a big fan of Siileng.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

The antidote to Pale expansion is Hope, particularly hope in the face of overwhelming adversity, whether founded in religion, communism or anodic dance music (this will be a victory for the light!)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Hey now. Ruud might be a monster, but Trant is a friend.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

midnight lasagna posted:

I needed one of those on my first playthrough where I couldn't figure out how to leave his office and got stuck for 10 minutes. Evrart was probably laughing at me the entire time, and possibly recording the incident in secret for future use as blackmail against the RCM.

I would say maybe your amnesia made you forget the concept of doors, but Harry has successfully navigated at least four by the time he reaches Evrart's container.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

zenguitarman posted:

Who's that supposed to be pointing?

Kim's (ex-)partner, "Eyes"

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, first time through I didn't find it and didn't fridge the body either, just let Kim haul him off to processing. Being blindsided by the fact he was shot before he was hanged was pretty good too if you've only ever been a competent cop.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

jiggerypokery posted:

if you fail the check for finding the bullet you can still put the body in the fridge

which i did but gave up looking at the body eventually and just sent it off.

Why do they never call you to tell you there's a bullet in it?

Presumably it takes them longer to get round to it than it takes Harry and Kim to finish futzing about and shoot some mercs in the face. And solve the case, whatever.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

That can't be a real name, tell them to try again

Kuuno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I read the Pale as (among other things) as sort of spiritual entropy that can only be resisted with powerful manifestations of hope. Whether that's sending ships into the unknown Pale with little more than the hope of finding new isolas, building a church around a 2mm hole in the world, the visceral thrill of surrendering to anodic dance music, or the hope for mankind that is Communism.

Egghead gets it